Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2009 5:42 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I used to have a keyboard with a loose M button. I felt your pain, it was really annoying!
Mar 31, 2009 3:45 PM
Aug 2008
.... *snickers* Best sum up of a film ever Kvakond.
May 28, 2009 8:23 PM

May 2007
Kvakond said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I used to have a keyboard with a loose M button. I felt your pain, it was really annoying!

Did it have a magic I, serously the ending was lame, as for what I gave it, plotholes, no consistency with characters, meh soundtrack, not that good of animation

5/10
My anime list
Jun 22, 2009 4:38 PM

Dec 2007
I like the movie. Of course, i have only seen a few mecha movies. The animation was great, and i liked the story.
Aug 11, 2009 4:46 AM
May 2008
mitamaking said:
Did it have a magic I, serously the ending was lame, as for what I gave it, plotholes, no consistency with characters, meh soundtrack, not that good of animation

5/10

While I agree about the ending and the rather mediocre soundtrack, I still really enjoyed the movie. Maybe it was just the animation that drew me in but I found myself wanting to see what happened next. It was an odd feeling but I couldn't really get into the mood of the movie but still wanted to keep watching it, if that makes any sense.
Aug 24, 2009 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
It had a forgettable story and forgettable characters. I love the look of it but the animation kind of robbed the characters emotions just because of the animation style.
Sep 21, 2009 10:04 PM

Nov 2008
If you take Motoko from Ghost in the Shell and make her spit out clichéd, teen naiveties, then you'll have Deunan. If you take Batou from Ghost in the Shell and try to make his voice sound even more gruff and macho 'till it reaches the borderline of absolutely cheesiness, then you'll have Briareos.

The animation was quite good however the poor facial expressions render the whole attempt almost useless. 8.5/10

The voice acting is beyond terrible and the cliches are bountiful.

6/10 (-4 for terribly overused plot line full of holes and absolutely no trace of originality.)

/Appleseed was created before Ghost in the Shell by Shirow but this movie feels like an overplayed, cheap tv drama with high end animations... Such a sad combination.
arimakenshinSep 21, 2009 10:08 PM
Oct 10, 2009 7:39 AM

Jun 2009
Quote from Ex Machina discussion:
BioMax said:
Appleseed: pretty usual, but normal, sufficient plot for such kind of movie; not many barely stupid moments (but they are present); graphics are not so good as it could be; action moments also could be better (not as much as graphics, of course) a little bit 'cause of the staging and much more 'cause of the camera angles and positions. I'd say, it's about 6.5/10. Normal, but could be better.
Nov 28, 2009 2:26 PM
Jun 2009
I liked it, but the ending felt a bit meh
Aug 7, 2010 4:03 AM

Feb 2009
There's something about this... I guess it's the unique style and cool fast-paced explosive over-the-tp action. Your usual Sci-fi story, but with a very interesting presentation.

I love the artistic style here, both visuals and astounding soundtrack ^^
Aug 24, 2010 2:08 PM
Aug 2010
Very good movie IMO.

Right, perhaps the plot wasn't extraordinary, the graphics had some mistakes, the music was rather poor (I don't like electronic music so much) but I like it. Appleseed has something that order you to keep watching until the end (I agree, a bit lame, but I couldn't device something better than it). The last battle of the D Tank was really thrilling and incredible!
Oct 12, 2010 11:32 AM

Mar 2010
Ive watched and own this its awesome

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 28, 2011 8:55 PM
Oct 2011
Good enough to draw me in and keep my attention all the way threw but the plot was just so cookie cutter bad versus evil. It is worth it though just to see the amazing animation.
Jan 10, 2012 8:01 PM
Nov 2011
Maybe it was the stream I saw, but the animation seemed a bit inconsistent at times, like a skipping record. Fortunately it didn't ruin the movie for me. I liked the over all plot.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 15, 2012 8:07 PM

Sep 2009
6-7/10 .. would have been an 8/10 if I didn't hate the CGI so much
Sep 29, 2013 4:24 AM

May 2012
14:57 Hitomi ii ne・・・

28:35 dat punch

49:18 NOOOO Hitomiiii

58:52 that's Deunan's mom ,right

59:40 bingo

01:13:19 nice shot

9/10.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 1, 2013 3:14 PM

May 2012
I thought this would be a remake of the older version but this was a whole different story, which was quite sad as I really liked the old version a lot more than this one! That plus the horrible CGI makes an average movie I do wonder what they've done with the sequel!
Jul 31, 2014 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
More action than the OVA (good).

It had some nicely themed moments, like the ride in Hitomi's car.

At least we got to see some super-tanks again... felt a bit like the matrix though... decent enough. 6/10 (above average)
Oct 6, 2016 6:43 AM

Sep 2014
Looks bad, sounds bad, is actually pretty bad. The last battle was okay.
6/10 probably about to go down to 5 or I will leave the points empty because I dont want to rate something this low.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 30, 2017 5:59 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know if this was the norm back in 2004, but I honestly hope I never have to watch ANYTHING with the same visuals ever again. It was very very distracting and bad to look at.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 25, 2018 2:06 PM

Oct 2015
That was cool movie with an easy understandable story. Those elders ended up dying, I guess they got what they deserved after trying to infertile humans and extinct them. They are old so they've lived already, so they are trying to kill humanity along with them because of their failures.
This movie had a decent story and the heroine is badass, the only thing wrong with it is the CGI which were an eye sore to watch. The background was great though, but I guess I shouldn't judge harshly since this was an old animation.

But the story was very good and the MC was a woman who was awesome, I am tired of these male MCs.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 1, 2021 5:57 PM

Mar 2016
I remember seeing the DVD for this in a bookstore as a kid. After all these years, I finally got around to it.

Straightforward sci-fi action with interesting ideas. I enjoyed it. Not as stylish as the 80s OVA, but I think this version is more consistent. Not sure if these things were present in Shirow's original story but I get hints of Evangelion's episode 7 and EoE when it comes to the computer stuff and the password.

Jul 21, 2021 6:12 AM

Aug 2017
The movie was pretty predictable and the last action scene was forced. It wasn't an awful movie, it has some interesting ideas. 5/10 for the movie.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 24, 2021 11:11 AM

May 2018
It's ok but nothing is really explained at all... and it ends just like that. The OST is pretty good though.

4/10
Mar 11, 12:20 PM

Dec 2018
this was a really sad story; I get what the terrorists were thinking but that doesn't mean it's okay to kill innocent people. I wish it didn't have to end so tragically but at least they got believed finally by the inspector general.
Mar 18, 9:34 PM

Jul 2008
I liked it but just barely, most characters I had no attachment to and did not have much development. Decent end action sequence. Just gets over my meh meter 6/10.

More topics from this board

» Can I watch Appleseed the Movie (2004) and Appleseed Saga Ex Machina and still get the whole story and etc. etc.?

zeroyalkiller267 - Dec 18, 2014

2 by Theo1899 »»
Oct 21, 2022 1:39 PM

» Question

waterfalls - Oct 30, 2007

7 by removed-user »»
Sep 16, 2020 5:55 AM

» Appleseed : Genesis

kiraclyne - Mar 16, 2008

34 by kuroshiroi »»
Jan 17, 2012 1:47 PM

» Appleseed Saga Ex Machina

Kayrhandros - Apr 25, 2007

2 by Rasco »»
Oct 16, 2010 8:40 PM

» Question *spoilers

removed-user - Mar 4, 2007

7 by PandoraDirective »»
Nov 29, 2008 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.