Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 27, 2009 2:59 PM

Feb 2008
uh huh....ok uhmmmm....yeah. i like pasta.
Jan 27, 2009 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was going to be a full blown ep. but still absolutely amazing. Japan, Russia, and the US were hilarious.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 27, 2009 3:20 PM

Oct 2008
ntHai said:
Pretty fun episode. I don't know why the Koreans were so upset about this show.

Because they've gone full retard.

I wouldn't have even heard of this series if it weren't for them. Seems to be innocent enough when it pokes fun. I chuckled a couple times. I'll keep watching it.
Jan 27, 2009 3:27 PM

Dec 2008
ntHai said:
Pretty fun episode. I don't know why the Koreans were so upset about this show.

Because your breasts belong to Korea, and they are offended by that.

...Really, they just don't get the irony part of it and that EVERY country is made fun of but whatever.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 27, 2009 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
if anyone should be offended, Italy should. he is portrayed as the most useless character. and yet KOREA gets offended...

(btw, in case some of you don't know, Korean character isn't even going to appear in the anime... cancelling an anime because of manga? wtf)
Jan 27, 2009 3:47 PM

May 2008
The first part was hilarious while the rest of the episode wasn't particularly funny. If it focuses more on the political and historical humor I get the feeling I'll like it a lot, but if it's just going to basically be another anime with hit or miss random humor I doubt I'll be watching long.
Jan 27, 2009 4:03 PM

Jul 2008
So damn random. xD I was a little dazed by Germany's voice, but I guess it's fitting.

BEGINNER
Jan 27, 2009 6:53 PM

Apr 2008
That was so cuteeefnhflsdk. I love America. ): Same voice actor as Kamina, FTW--!!

This show is gonna rockkkk. :D <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2009 8:03 PM

Jul 2008
A masterpiece! An absolute masterpiece! I'm in love with this show.
Jan 27, 2009 8:12 PM

Dec 2008
Absolutely_Steve said:
The first part was hilarious while the rest of the episode wasn't particularly funny. If it focuses more on the political and historical humor I get the feeling I'll like it a lot, but if it's just going to basically be another anime with hit or miss random humor I doubt I'll be watching long.

Chibitalia is not just random lulz, it's a personified version of Italy's actual history.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 27, 2009 8:22 PM

Nov 2008
Where can I watch it?
I need money to buy ship slots in KanColle.
Jan 27, 2009 8:27 PM

Jun 2007
I personally couldn't stand history class in school. Seriously if this was shown in school, history class would be so much more fun.

Um no i'm not actually expecting that to happen :).

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jan 27, 2009 8:31 PM
Aug 2007
ani said:
I personally couldn't stand history class in school. Seriously if this was shown in school, history class would be so much more fun.

Um no i'm not actually expecting that to happen :).

If I were a history teacher, I so would. :3 (I'm already interested in a career in education, so why not? lol)

Ughhh Hetalia is so darn cute, it's crazy.
Jan 27, 2009 10:16 PM

Oct 2007
Wow I must have missed something because I am 1 of 2 people to score this anime as a 1/5. I did not find anything funny in this episode and feel my 5 minutes could be better spent watching 1/4 of almost any other anime episode ever made.
Jan 28, 2009 1:15 AM

Sep 2007
wtf, what happened to the scene where they all gang rape Korea? Must have been censored...

bravejaf said:
Wow I must have missed something because I am 1 of 2 people to score this anime as a 1/5. I did not find anything funny in this episode and feel my 5 minutes could be better spent watching 1/4 of almost any other anime episode ever made.

You're not really into world history or global politics are you?
Jan 28, 2009 2:20 AM

Dec 2007
Haha, I keep watching this episode all over and over again. "PASTAAAAAA~" really made my day.

Ugh, the only thing that bugs me about Hetalia anime is the video QUALITY. Oh well. I heard that they might be releasing DVDs in April.
Jan 28, 2009 3:58 AM

Jun 2008
Kyora said:
Chibitalia is not just random lulz, it's a personified version of Italy's actual history.

When you overly simplify something, it comes to a point where what you see isn't at all representative of that thing at all.

That's how Chibitalia rolls.

Sporkness said:
Haha, I keep watching this episode all over and over again. "PASTAAAAAA~" really made my day.

Ugh, the only thing that bugs me about Hetalia anime is the video QUALITY. Oh well. I heard that they might be releasing DVDs in April.

Oh come on... it isn't *that* bad.
turkeymeisterJan 28, 2009 4:05 AM
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 28, 2009 4:53 AM
Oct 2007
it was ok, the pasta line was worth a chuckle.
Jan 28, 2009 5:01 AM

May 2008
Kyora said:
Absolutely_Steve said:

I know that. Even if I didn't it doesn't change the fact the segment placed much more emphasis on the idea that "daww, chibi characters are cute" as opposed to anything funny or more than the barest of bones when it comes to historical content.
Jan 28, 2009 5:14 AM

Jul 2008
This was going little fast but I guess that it was still good : D Finland guy... typical. I'm so hoping that he is not going to pair up with Sweden x_____x

PASTA~ ! ♥

Jan 28, 2009 5:26 AM

Jun 2008
It was so short......but good. xD
The beginning was so fast too, but the ending/opening was cute though. <3
Jan 28, 2009 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
naikou said:
wtf, what happened to the scene where they all gang rape Korea? Must have been censored...

bravejaf said:

You're not really into world history or global politics are you?

i hated history and couldn't care less about politics, but I LOVE HETALIA :D
Jan 28, 2009 7:11 AM

Oct 2007
bravejaf said:

I guess you could say I don't look for world history in my anime. I took enough of those courses in high school and college to meet my quota.
Jan 28, 2009 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
ahh funny stuff
Pasta line was definitley awesome

Jan 28, 2009 1:04 PM
Nov 2008
I've watched this episode so many times already! The only downside IMO was how quickly the first segment went by. =( Much too fast~ If they weren't crunched for time it probably would've been paced out a lot more.

Chibitalia animated I actually liked more than the manga. o_O

I'm looking forward to more anyway! And of course the theme song keeps getting stuck in my head.
Jan 28, 2009 2:51 PM

Aug 2008
i'm not sure, i've never read the manga, but the anime seems like a parody of the actual internationall political situation.
on the other hand, i didn't get the story from chibitalia. it's not based on the history (at least, i didn't find any clear parallel ^^'), right?

anyway, i really liked the first ep, and now i'm proud of myself to live in italy:
pastaaaaaaaa! XD
Jan 28, 2009 3:27 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, stupid but I did laugh quite a lot.

[00:34:46] De-Jay: ED is crack

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 28, 2009 3:31 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Haha, stupid but I did laugh quite a lot.

[00:34:46] De-Jay: ED is crack

Aw, yay. You liked it. :D
Let's get some "Wurst".
Jan 28, 2009 3:32 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
De-JaY said:
Aw, yay. You liked it. :D
Let's get some "Wurst".
Hell yeah. And then we'll tanz on the Kongreß.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 28, 2009 3:49 PM

Sep 2007
Nuloahc said:

on the other hand, i didn't get the story from chibitalia. it's not based on the history (at least, i didn't find any clear parallel ^^'), right?

It was referring to the Renaissance, with Napoleon at the end.
Jan 28, 2009 5:15 PM

Jan 2008
I want more resolution, any fansub with, at leas 600p :S?

PD: It was cool xDU. I loved Estonia :D!
Jan 28, 2009 5:18 PM

Jan 2008
David_CZ said:
I want more resolution, any fansub with, at leas 600p :S?

Haha, there's no way you're going to get 600p unless the video has been resized or until the DVD (if applicable) is released ;)
Jan 28, 2009 6:04 PM

Dec 2007
Decent.
Jan 28, 2009 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
Germany and Russia was pure win, but I find the lack of Austria-Hungary disturbing. Well, sooner or later..

It would be better without the eye-cancer but I can live with it
Jan 28, 2009 8:35 PM

Aug 2008
Uh yeah, this was retarded. But I liked it. I'm not streaming another ep of this though. GOD! That was some horrible resolution! DX I'm wearing contacts, but that made me feel like I was quickly going blind!
Jan 29, 2009 6:39 AM

Aug 2008
naikou said:
Nuloahc said:

It was referring to the Renaissance, with Napoleon at the end.

i know. but the chronology is still a bit messed up. it doesn't matter, since it's helarious :D
Jan 29, 2009 8:43 AM

Sep 2007
Nuloahc said:

i know. but the chronology is still a bit messed up. it doesn't matter, since it's helarious :D

Hmm... how so?

Italy, France, and Austria Hungary are all part of the same daycare (the Roman Empire). Then Grandpa Rome takes Italy away (the collapse of the roman empire). Italy studies art from Grandpa Rome (the Renaissance). Italy goes back to see how his old companions are doing, and he finds out that France is now a bully (Napoleon), and wants to make him a part of the "New Roman Empire" (Napoleon's Empire).

It glossed over a ton of details, but it's still in order. I agree though, it was really cute and hilarious.
Jan 29, 2009 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
naikou said:
Nuloahc said:

Hmm... how so?

Italy, France, and Austria Hungary are all part of the same daycare (the Roman Empire). Then Grandpa Rome takes Italy away (the collapse of the roman empire). Italy studies art from Grandpa Rome (the Renaissance). Italy goes back to see how his old companions are doing, and he finds out that France is now a bully (Napoleon), and wants to make him a part of the "New Roman Empire" (Napoleon's Empire).

It glossed over a ton of details, but it's still in order. I agree though, it was really cute and hilarious.

ok. but who is grandpa rome? since in the middle eges italy was divided in lots of indipendent states, i can't find a appropriate figure for that role -.-'

then, they mentioned two roman empires (before and after italy's kidnapping) without saying that the second one was napoleon's empire. XD

maybe i should stop asking dull questions ^^ (my brain's gonna go off)
Jan 29, 2009 1:23 PM

Sep 2007
Hmm... now that I think about it, the "second" roman empire might actually be referring to the Holy Roman Empire, rather than Napoleon. If that's the case, then you're right about the chronology being slightly off, because the Renaissance would have happened after the establishment of the Holy Roman Empire.

Nuloahc said:
ok. but who is grandpa rome? since in the middle eges italy was divided in lots of indipendent states, i can't find a appropriate figure for that role -.-'

Grandpa Rome is definitely the original Roman Empire. I'm pretty sure chibitalia fits the role of medieval Italy. As in, chibitalia grows up into modern Italy in the same way that chibitalia becomes Italia.

Jan 29, 2009 2:26 PM
Oct 2008
I think it was Random ? Or is it just that i haven't fully understood the episode
atleast i liked the funny parts in it , especially "PASTA" xD
Jan 29, 2009 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
one more way to learn history.
and it do has some disadvantages like all historical books: an author, who belongs to a certain country.
don't want to start up a brag about mistakes. just try to turn my patriotic firewall off.
Jan 29, 2009 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
Hetalia looks good animated! I hope the series shows a good dose of the random modern day comics alongside the World Wars and the Renaissance. [Chibitalia in the comic is the wackiest/cutest retelling of the Renaissance I never dreamed possible.]

And I hope the Maria Theresa and the War of Austrian Succession comic manages to slip in here, too. X3 For Prussia and the vital regions!
Jan 30, 2009 4:12 AM

Feb 2008
Pastaaaaaaaa.
Oh my gosh, I love Tsundere Britain <3
Jan 30, 2009 4:22 AM

Sep 2008
Sonja said:
This was going little fast but I guess that it was still good : D Finland guy... typical. I'm so hoping that he is not going to pair up with Sweden x_____x

PASTA~ ! ♥

In the (web)manga Sweden claims that Finland is his wife and they act like a married couple most of the time. So they are definitely gonna be paired together XD
And I'm happy about that. They make a very cute couple and all the awkward moments between them are hilarious^^

I really liked this episode. It felt very rushed, but it can't be helped when it only lasts for 5 min. And the random humor is one of the things I really loved about the manga =)
Jan 30, 2009 5:22 AM

Mar 2008
It's a bit too fast and random (the conference, WWI, hetaliachibi @_@)... it makes a little difficult follow the episode (I don't have read the manga, may be if I have read it, I will understand better?). But it is funny XD America with his hero, England and the tea, German... is German XD etc... there are so many conutry **
Oh, yes, and we (because I'am an italian girl ù_ù) say pastaaaa XDDDD

I will wait the next episode ^_^

avatar and banner made by Arkanta
Jan 30, 2009 7:30 AM

Aug 2008
naikou said:
Hmm... now that I think about it, the "second" roman empire might actually be referring to the Holy Roman Empire, rather than Napoleon. If that's the case, then you're right about the chronology being slightly off, because the Renaissance would have happened after the establishment of the Holy Roman Empire.

absolutely right. let's take a break.
i've never liked history, so, a little mistakes are understandable, especially for someone living in nippon. :D
Jan 30, 2009 11:53 AM

Oct 2008
World Conference was funny.

Unfortunately, it is really difficult to fit so many mini-stories into a single 5-minute episode. It jumps from world conference to WWI to the Roman Empire feud and back to WWI, then end. It is rather short...
Jan 30, 2009 1:49 PM

May 2008
LOL, I liked how America talked so fast xD

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Jan 31, 2009 3:20 AM

Dec 2007
That was very random, good but oh so random.
Jan 31, 2009 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
Now that's a refreshing anime!
World conference!! And gosh, they talks very fast.

But, it was too short.. 5 mins are not enough.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Netherlands

Infernalization - May 12

6 by Infernalization »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Hetalia Axis Powers Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

YuaLaurant - May 25, 2009

77 by TangyTea »»
May 7, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hetalia Axis Powers Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gucia - Dec 13, 2009

55 by remmii »»
Sep 4, 2023 3:35 AM

Poll: » Hetalia Axis Powers Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Haruka-SD - Jun 15, 2009

64 by remmii »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Hetalia Axis Powers Episode 48 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 20, 2009

40 by Squidamii »»
Jul 29, 2023 7:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.