Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 1, 2013 7:43 AM

May 2013
traed said:
The episode isnt saying its something to be wished for it showed Tomoko in her mindset of trying to make herself feel better because she attributed unwanted attention from guys as attention still and she craved attention. When youre really insecure you can get jealous for all kinds of strange things. You can be annoyed at Tomoko for being dumb but not the episode because that would be overreacting. She also learned her lesson if you didn't pay attention to her reaction at all.

Don't forget there is such thing as a "negative pat". People so starved for attention and acknowledging as Tomoko can seek for suck kind of attention, it is no different from the delinquent students that make so much trouble for their classmates, teachers and parents just because it is the only method they know to get their attention, even if it means they will get scolded and even hit (hence the "negative pat" which is better than no pat at all).

Of course Tomoko (again) blowed the whole incident out of proportion and will not seek such kind of attention (which is good) but she will no doubt will likewise blow off any other opportunity to get attention (which is very bad). She is on a tightrope one step away from a total meltdown -_-;
Aug 1, 2013 8:33 AM

Jun 2011
Monad said:
xmaikokoro said:
Neer said:
This is the only show where someone could actually be jealous of not having been molested before. Do Japanese girls actually take molestation as something that common? Wow. It's good to be male. Cringed hard when her father opened the door. This anime's not even half done and it's already brought me more secondhand embarrassment than I think I've ever experienced and/or want to experience lol. Most entertaining ep yet, but that much embarrassment for a fictional character isn't exactly the best feeling ever... >_<

It is actually very common to be molested on the train in Japan. If you search on google terms like "molestation Japan," you will get all kinds of results that show how prevalent groping is on trains. And what makes it worse is that the people doing the molesting get little to no punishment (only recently has there been any kind of punishment).

This fact is what makes this episode very uncomfortable for me. Molestation is a huge issue in Japan, and how Tomoko felt during that train scene is what numerous Japanese girls feel when they are actually molested. They silently call for help, they try to leave the train, but many times to no avail. Knowing the facts makes this episode, or the train scene to be exact, much less funny.

It's all society bullshit though. In the west countries is not easy to molest because a woman will just turn and smack you in the face and probably start shouting too but in Japan they have this "don't disrupt others" bullshit to the extreme and for some reason they feel like it's not correct to cause trouble. Very strange shit.
On the other hand this thing IS exaggerated when we hear about it. No it's not happening as much as we thing by watching anime and seeing japanophile sites and also there is the other side where many men get their lives ruined by false accusations ether deliberately or by the woman making a mistake. It's an absurd theme that we can see even in the west where a woman yells to have been a victim of sexual assault and the man is being seen as guilty even before trial or without evidence because there is this notion that men are always this wild predators while women are angelic little lamps that can have no evil in them when it comes to such matters.
In Japan where shame is the absolute worse and every little detail is looked a man accused of something even if proven innocent has his life ruined and they usually commit suicides.

I honestly don't think you should call how other societies function "bullshit." It's different, but that does not mean it's "shit."
Of course this anime exaggerates the issue, but that does not mean that an issue like this doesn't exist or is a problem.
No one's saying men are the only ones to blame. Women can definitely take advantage of this situation and spite a man she despises, but the only reason that women could falsely accuse anyone in this context is because there are many molesters in the first place.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Aug 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Aug 2012
I also found this episode really disturbing. The subject matter of rape and molestation taken so lightly is just disgusting in my opinion. SMH Japan.
Aug 1, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2009
hahahah, this episode is very hilarious!! All those expressions.. from her teacher to her classmates until her father!! BAHAHA. xD
Aug 1, 2013 10:14 AM

Jul 2011
Zel_Ezl said:
hahahah, this episode is very hilarious!! All those expressions.. from her teacher to her classmates until her father!! BAHAHA. xD

The teacher was best part! xD
Aug 1, 2013 11:16 AM

Dec 2009
I feel so bad about this.

But I can't stop liking it.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 1, 2013 5:19 PM

Jun 2013
Is it just me or did they kinda gave some special meaning to ending-when she fall asleep-?

I know want to see if she is going to wake up prettier with no bags under her eyes.I'm so anxious that I can't wait for next episode.
Aug 1, 2013 8:27 PM

Mar 2008
xmaikokoro said:

I honestly don't think you should call how other societies function "bullshit." It's different, but that does not mean it's "shit."
Of course this anime exaggerates the issue, but that does not mean that an issue like this doesn't exist or is a problem.
No one's saying men are the only ones to blame. Women can definitely take advantage of this situation and spite a man she despises, but the only reason that women could falsely accuse anyone in this context is because there are many molesters in the first place.
Reminds me of how it actually could be fun how japanese are. Im pretty sure ive seen a few videos of people doing just about anything in japanese streets or malls and no one reacts. So you can get away with being an idiot in public without much trouble so long as you dont break some other social construct.

Soliia said:
traed said:
Leapling said:
Soliia said:
The rest of this episode was funny, but the molestation and rape part pissed me right the fuck off. It's not something you wish for or lie about. No, just no.

Calm down.
Second that

The episode isnt saying its something to be wished for it showed Tomoko in her mindset of trying to make herself feel better because she attributed unwanted attention from guys as attention still and she craved attention. When youre really insecure you can get jealous for all kinds of strange things. You can be annoyed at Tomoko for being dumb but not the episode because that would be overreacting. She also learned her lesson if you didn't pay attention to her reaction at all.

I'm not annoyed at the episode itself, but Tomoko. I'm extremely insecure, too. It's part of the reason I like this show so much. I understand getting jealous over really stupid things, because I do too. But not that. It's a very sensitive topic to me, so it made me angry. I was relieved at her reaction at first, but as soon as she found out that she didn't actually get molested, she went and lied to her best friend about getting raped. Like I said, I understand wanting the attention, but since I'm sensitive to the topic, I just couldn't find it amusing. Also, I'm sorry; I'll admit that I did overreact at first.
Yes, that's understandable. I don't really take things lightly either. I don't think she lied about being raped. She just worded it strangely. Even though it was an accident she really was and felt sexually violated.
Aug 2, 2013 1:57 AM

Apr 2013
Some people have no sense of humour and force theyr personal problems with the subject in matter to call it bad . That's funny and entertaining to read , thou'.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 2, 2013 2:15 AM

Feb 2012
I can't believe there are so many people that actually relate to Tomoko. It must be pretty cruel for them to watch this show, although it's clearly an exaggeration.
Nevertheless, I laughed so hard, seriously it's one of the best comedy anime I've ever seen. The scene at the school with the pants. And the end of the ep... I haven't laughed like that for months.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Aug 2, 2013 7:23 AM

Aug 2012
Oh my... I feel for her XD
This is so good, ahaha.
And DAT END CARD.. DAT ASS.
Aug 2, 2013 7:50 AM

Nov 2008
Yay for the Hadaka Shitsuji reference!
Aug 2, 2013 8:19 AM

Jun 2008
EternalFusion said:
I also found this episode really disturbing. The subject matter of rape and molestation taken so lightly is just disgusting in my opinion. SMH Japan.

How i loath people like you.
Aug 2, 2013 9:29 AM

Oct 2009
EternalFusion said:
You must be fun on parties.
Aug 2, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2010
Last scene was so embarrassing i had to pause it for sometime. I didn't want to continue. She's unsociable, unpopular + super unlucky. I wonder what else is left. All other parts of comedy are good as long as she think everything inside her head but degrading the character is not funny.
Aug 2, 2013 7:08 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode!
Aug 2, 2013 8:04 PM

May 2012
Not nearly as good as the 3 first episodes.
Aug 2, 2013 11:13 PM

May 2012
Genius episode. Great show.
Aug 2, 2013 11:36 PM

May 2013
Lol, Tomoko's on the website she was viewing.

Bug rape? Naginata rape? These are new to me.

Is being molested a good thing?

The interactions between Tomoko and Tomoki are too funny!
Also for the interactions between Tomoko and Yuu.

Tomoko's Dad is pretty cool.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 3, 2013 4:24 AM

Apr 2013
Fireego said:
Lol, Tomoko's on the website she was viewing.

Bug rape? Naginata rape? These are new to me.

The interactions between Tomoko and Tomoki are too funny!
Also for the interactions between Tomoko and Yuu.

Any parent that understands his kids instead of punishing or yelling or freaking out is a cool parent . It means he cares about his kid and seeks to close up his relationship or develop a relationship based on his kids mentality and behaviour.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 3, 2013 4:35 AM
Jun 2008
Fireego said:

I don't think this episode tell/show us that being molested is a good thing, but it show us that there is a possibility that some girl(mostly unpopular girl) would have such idea .In fact, I think Tomoko did mention that molestation is not good, she got this weird idea because Tomoko sees other people appeal themselves by saying themselves have experience of being molested.Now, Tomoko become jealous for not getting molested 0_0''
Suppose to be a joke,don't read between the lines.You must have conscious knowing that we(viewer) are watching this Anime from Tomoko's point of view, not the entire Japanese society. xD
Aug 3, 2013 5:59 AM

Aug 2008
Oh gawd! Tomoko and her wet dreams. lol
Not to mention, a lot of innuendos in this episode. Also, does anyone notice one of the few pages she browsed had her pictures on it? Well, it maybe random but it's just funny. The last scenes were random and priceless. And the amazing part was?" 'IT'S ASCENSION TIME'! fvking priceless!
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Aug 3, 2013 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
FlamingYu said:
Ain't she famous already?

She probably missed it due to being sleepy. XD
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Aug 3, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2013
Fireego said:

If Tomoko had any rivals they would probably tell her she is so ugly that *she* sexually harasses old salarymen on the train. I only realized that unlike other damsel's in distress, NO ONE is making Tomoko's life unberable, that is, no one besides herself.

I think it is important to say that it has been clearly established that the reason Tomoko is messed up is not her parents fault.
Aug 3, 2013 11:04 AM
Jun 2013
She's always doing crazy stuff
Aug 3, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Man, this show has its share of embarrassing moments. xD

Big props to her father for not making a fuss.

Aug 3, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
OTAKUADDICT said:
FlamingYu said:
Ain't she famous already?

She probably missed it due to being sleepy. XD

I noticed that one of the pictures is this manga:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/28537/Classmate_Kamimura_Yuuka_wa_Kou_Itta.

Wonder if it will get an anime adaptation.
Aug 3, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2010
I don't really know where this show is heading but... I will watch it all the way through just because of Kitta Izumi's performance. It is superb!
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 4, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
Some people have no sense of humour and force theyr personal problems with the subject in matter to call it bad . That's funny and entertaining to read , thou'.
Aug 4, 2013 10:13 AM
Jun 2013
it really is a nice change of pace for comedy animes :P But honestly I never thought this level of awkwardness was ever possible XD.

-raped by a Naginata
-wet dream in class
-panties wiped on face
-masturbating to BL

...truly amazing xD
Aug 4, 2013 10:29 AM
Jun 2008
saoud said:
it really is a nice change of pace for comedy animes :P But honestly I never thought this level of awkwardness was ever possible XD.

-raped by a Naginata
-wet dream in class
-panties wiped on face
-masturbating to BL

...truly amazing xD
Okay, the last one its your imagination LOL
Aug 4, 2013 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
Saoud said:
But honestly I never thought this level of awkwardness was ever possible

Here is a spoiler from the manga:

- - - - - - -

The preview still photos from Episode 5 have just been posted.
check here http://www.watamote.jp/story/
Below the still photos they have also provided a short
summary of the episode as well, in Japanese.
okanaganAug 4, 2013 9:55 PM
Aug 4, 2013 12:53 PM

Sep 2012
mmm strange that i didnt get an END CARD.
do you guys stream or download?

I downloaded mines from HorribleSubs for the 1080p.
and didnt get an end card...
-___- makes me wonder what other ass shots i missed of Tomo chan...

OMG YUUU IN DEM DRAWS,
kimmochiii.... (´∀`)♡
Aug 4, 2013 4:36 PM

Jan 2012
Laughed so loud at the train scene xD
Aug 4, 2013 9:24 PM

Oct 2012
See here for five still images from Episode 5: http://www.watamote.jp/story/

Below the still images, there is a four-line summary of the episode, in Japanese.

If you want to prepare for Episode 5 by reading ahead in the manga, have a
look at chapters
okanaganAug 4, 2013 9:41 PM
Aug 4, 2013 9:44 PM

Sep 2011
OMG! Her dad walking in on her is soooo freakin embarrassing. xD
~Izzy Zazztacular~
Aug 4, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 2012
okanagan said:
See here for five still images from Episode 5: http://www.watamote.jp/story/

Below the still images, there is a four-line summary of the episode, in Japanese.

If you want to prepare for Episode 5 by reading ahead in the manga, have a
look at chapters

Aug 5, 2013 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think... I've ever hit my head on my desk... as much as I did watching this episode then I ever had in my entire life...

First the dreams... then the train... then the panties in class... then she wins the massage thing after buying an erotic dating sim... and then her dad walks in on her... my God, what is going on with this show...
Aug 5, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2012
Best dad ever.
Aug 7, 2013 5:16 AM
Jan 2013
Mikenzb said:

Bug rape, The next new thing.

Good episode I would say, Had a ton of laughs and the vibrator scene almost killed me.

Its not that new, it was already used in Fate/Zero :p
Aug 7, 2013 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
Memento02 said:

Its not that new, it was already used in Fate/Zero :p

When it was? Don't remember anything similar.
死者の心は変わる。変わらなかった生きているもののほう。© Kanoe Kirie. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. vol. 9, ch. 43, scan 34

Aug 7, 2013 8:25 PM
Jul 2012
Lol nice episode.
I was dying of laughter when Tomoko's dream come up. Haha that was funny!
I also laugh at the train scene.
Lol, at the panties scene.
The end........ um, wow that's odd. xd.
4.5/5 better episode than the last
Aug 7, 2013 8:31 PM
Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
Dat end card:

:O

Got to admit that this one was quite gud.
Aug 8, 2013 8:39 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode, man yuu-chan is so freakin' cute, the hell asking your friend for which underwear would fit you most, sorry i forgot Tomoki was special XD.
But OMG when her dad came in, worst situation to get misunderstanding that was hilarious also that picture at the end quite nice XD
Aug 8, 2013 6:00 PM

Jan 2010
the panty waving part was my favorite
what a good father tho
Aug 8, 2013 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
and I thought it couldn't get anymore worst god I love this eries.
Aug 9, 2013 10:39 PM

Apr 2009
Oh, man. I remember at least three of the jokes in this episode. The molested-by-a-naginata chapter, the ero-dream-in-class chapter and the dad-comes-home-and-sees-massager chapter. Still worth a laugh and a cringe even when I already knew the punch line to those.
Aug 10, 2013 5:53 PM
Jun 2013
That ending was goddamn adorable.
Aug 11, 2013 2:18 AM

Apr 2013
LMAO her father :P
Aug 12, 2013 10:29 PM

Mar 2013
I cringed harder than I've ever cringed before.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.