Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Celestia gives me that dark aura like feeling around her. I love her scenes during her occasional outbursts though XD

Wth is up with Touko this episode though..I mean, that was just weird. I also can't help but laugh at both Mondo and Ishimaru as well.

RIP Chihiro . Bye bye. I wonder who killed her. Oh boy...

Jul 25, 2013 10:23 AM
Jan 2012
I thought they would put the murder in next episode but I knew it would be rushed either way... Touko will get more and more awesome in the next episodes so be prepared lol
Jul 25, 2013 11:24 AM

Mar 2013
I was caught off guard with the new enka OP...

Are they planning for a new OP every episode or something?
Jul 25, 2013 11:27 AM

Oct 2009
Extremely rushed episode :(

Jul 25, 2013 11:38 AM

Mar 2013
Yep yep,everyone should just look at Naegi's sexy ass and cheer up.
Jul 25, 2013 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
zakkun89 said:

Nah, if it was every episode we would've seen a variety of openings already. If I had to guess I'd say it'd be a new opening per murder/trial sequence.

I watched this episode without subs because I knew what was generally happening regardless, so I can't say much about how much it differentiated from the game. *shrug* I can't believe how they threw out another murder that quickly. I honestly was expecting one around next episode or so. Also Ishimondo 4evr <333

Also, I was not expecting naked Naegi at the beginning. I don't find him attractive but at least some people who are into that get a little extra fanservice not contained in the game! This is what I love about adaptations.

Poor Leon and Chihiro joined the ending picture. :( *tear*
Jul 25, 2013 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
zakkun89 said:

Dat is some manservice right there. I approve.

Mittee said:
Avoliee said:

What do you expect? There was too much they had to fit into this episode. Exploring the new floor, explaining how the door locks in the changing rooms work, sauna scene, scene with Togami in the library, the murder and the investigation. Some stuff was cut but I don't think it was that bad.

Kinda serves as a double-edged sword, doesn't it? If they squeeze the investigation together with the Class Trial in the same episode, it would ruin the build up to it for this episode's pacing. There's no pleasing either way. On the plus side, I can make do with the best of it and prepare the next case whatever topic for those who want to solve who the next murderer is and of how the murder played out. I just need to think of who I should roleplay for this case... hmm...

Edit: Whoops, why did I unquote zakkun89? I just wanted to say my same thoughts, and also have an excuse to shamelessly advertise to people to play along with the "Who's the killer?" game in the next case topic that I will soon be making.
MrOCDJul 25, 2013 12:12 PM
Jul 25, 2013 12:48 PM
Feb 2012
I don't even know why we have to set up these topics before subs are even out. Only like 3 of us on here that I've seen even know Japanese, and even if you've played the game and know what happens, you cannot really judge until you have actually seen it in a language you can understand.

Like in the episode 2 discussion people were complaining that they skipped over the fact that water is turned off at night before the subs came out, when it had both a sign explaining that the water is turned off at night and Monokuma mentions it to Naegi as well.

And it just makes it more prone for people have already played the game to post spoilers.
Jul 25, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2010
Wasurero Beeeeeeemu

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Jul 25, 2013 2:35 PM
Jan 2013
Wait, I just realized they never said how

I wonder if they're just going to put that in the next chapter..
Jul 25, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
zakkun89 said:
Sorry to nitpick, but that was ondo, not enka. And yeah, I was like "dafuq?"
Jul 25, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
HiddenDoorway said:
I don't even know why we have to set up these topics before subs are even out. Only like 3 of us on here that I've seen even know Japanese, and even if you've played the game and know what happens, you cannot really judge until you have actually seen it in a language you can understand.

Like in the episode 2 discussion people were complaining that they skipped over the fact that water is turned off at night before the subs came out, when it had both a sign explaining that the water is turned off at night and Monokuma mentions it to Naegi as well.

And it just makes it more prone for people have already played the game to post spoilers.

Because more people then you know actually do understand Japanese and understand the events that are going on and are allowed to discuss it when it comes out.

I'm angry because they missed over everything that gave Chihiro depth but TOGAMI'S SMILE

GUYS
HIS SMILE

THAT IST HE ENTIRE ANIME BUDGET WENT INTO ANIMATING THAT SCENE AND I AM OKAY WITH THIS
Jul 25, 2013 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
yes more dead people xd
Jul 25, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2012
I'm sad that they seemed to have cut out some of the things that make this case particularly tragic. I'd elaborate more, but spoilers.

That opening was weird as fuck. I don't particularly want to see it again, although I doubt we will.

Fukawa in love with Togami makes the best faces.

Also good to see the ED back, plus Leon and Chihiro.
Jul 25, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ Monokuma Ondo! (included in Vol.3)

Access area extended. So the academy is not longer here, but this serves as killing game. Some arguments because of Ishida-san's character. Then Miyukichi's character seems to like him. lol @ Sauna battle, who became friends. Seems like there's some people who became "friendly", and to make killing faster, embarrassing moments... and Miyata-san's character died. Shorter time for investigation, which that scissor killer info.

Interesting ED clip (which it showed the two acquaintances. Everyone in the ED's dead except for the main guy,
tsubasaloverJul 31, 2013 1:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 25, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
what the programmer die? :o
I think she will die in the end of episode :/

I wonder who killed her :3
gahh.. I'm really curious about it! XD

tsubasalover said:

ED, except for the main guy, everyone's dead.

is that a spoiler :p
Jul 25, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
suynk said:

I wonder if they're just going to put that in the next chapter..

I think they mentioned that somewhere, but it was really small and most people wouldn't think anything of it. Or they'll change the dialogue and have the characters be like "can someone do that?" and Monobear will be like "yup!"
Jul 25, 2013 3:24 PM

Nov 2007
makarov52 said:

tsubasalover said:

Fixed. That sentence was too short that it misleads people.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 25, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2013
ihateeveryone said:

GUYS
HIS SMILE

THAT IST HE ENTIRE ANIME BUDGET WENT INTO ANIMATING THAT SCENE AND I AM OKAY WITH THIS

KDASJFSJFASFASF;AF; HE'S SO PERFECT.
Jul 25, 2013 3:33 PM

Mar 2013
Kyouko is looking too cute again... Good episode. Indeed, it feels a bit rushed if you played the game but it cannot be helped.

ihateeveryone said:

Because more people then you know actually do understand Japanese and understand the events that are going on and are allowed to discuss it when it comes out.

+1. I personally joined here so I can read what non-Japanese say once in a while.
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Jul 25, 2013 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
i dont give 2 shits how rushed this was, that sauna scene was translated perfectly and thats all that matters

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 25, 2013 4:53 PM
Feb 2012
ihateeveryone said:

It's still likely not more than a small handful. And I do enjoy that you completely glazed over everything that I said. Including problems that have happened in the past three threads and will only continue.
Jul 25, 2013 4:54 PM
Nov 2010
Suzune-chanJul 25, 2013 5:28 PM
Jul 25, 2013 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
Korokun said:

WHAT PART OF 'NO SPOILERS" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!?
Suzune-chanJul 25, 2013 5:27 PM
Jul 25, 2013 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
DPXJube said:
Korokun said:

If you quote and point out said spoilers without spoiler tagging them yourself youre no better and just attract more attention to them

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 25, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2013
DPXJube said:

DON'T QUOTE SPOILERS.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
DPXJube said:
Korokun said:

If you quote and point out said spoilers without spoiler tagging them yourself youre no better and just attract more attention to them

+1
Jul 25, 2013 5:01 PM

Jun 2012
zakkun89 said:

So I wasn't the only one that absolutely died at that.
Tutturu ~
Jul 25, 2013 5:08 PM

Jun 2009
wow alreadfy the next victim appeared loved the Sauna Scene hoped for seeing the end too when mondo carrys him out ;D

---I wonder what they do with the corpses ????---

Jul 25, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
HiddenDoorway said:
ihateeveryone said:

It's still likely not more than a small handful. And I do enjoy that you completely glazed over everything that I said. Including problems that have happened in the past three threads and will only continue.

Glad that I gave you some enjoyment then.
Jul 26, 2013 4:32 AM

Dec 2007
KennyLoh179 said:
makarov52 said:
what the programmer die? :o
I think she will die in the end of episode :/

I wonder who killed her :3
gahh.. I'm really curious about it! XD

tsubasalover said:

THAT still counts as a spoiler ^^;
Jul 26, 2013 5:20 AM
Mar 2011

That bit was only mentioned in the next chapter because
Jul 26, 2013 5:31 AM

Nov 2011
Clue to solve the murder case:

We should have a case solving group that tries to solve the case whenever a new case appears. I think it would be super fun. Of course people who read the manga would be a pain though since it would ruin the fun. Anyone interested?
EightJul 26, 2013 5:58 AM
Jul 26, 2013 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
Eight said:
Clue to solve the murder case:

We should have a case solving group that tries to solve the case whenever a new case appears. I think it would be super fun. Of course people who read the manga would be a pain though since it would ruin the fun. Anyone interested?

ACTUALLY, YEAH, we should totally make a case solving thread or whatever. If you want, you can take over my job for this week's case.

If you'd like, you can use the following thread for inspiration and improvise on it. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=630713
If you don't wanna, then I could continue on with it. Just gimme suggestions if you have got any ideas.
Jul 26, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
a rush episode....

but it's ok to me...

because they show the important parts in this chapter...including the BRO story of Ishimaru and Oowada....my favorite part...LOL

there are a little change on this but it's good to me...

Class Trial Next Episode...

xD
Jul 26, 2013 6:20 AM

Feb 2010
WHY THE MACHINEGUN TALK BATTLE AS THE NEW CHAPTER'S OP!?

Next chapter will be what!? Epiphany Anagram?!
Jul 26, 2013 6:25 AM

May 2012
06:09 STHU, crossdresser

07:44 Touko <3

Seriously, this adaptation deserved better animators.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 26, 2013 6:40 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah , I wonder.......
*sigh*
That's how much I can say because I'd go in a rampage spoiler state . Anyone here aware of each character abilities can guess....
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 26, 2013 6:43 AM

Jun 2012
Haha just noticed a lot of Seiji Kishi's ED are similar structure wise
Watch Angel Beats', DeSu2's, and Danganronpa's ED all side by side

Lots of suspects atm, could be anyone though I suspect the buff girl since she's the only one with the feasible amount of strength able to lift the dumb bell. Probably wrong but it's just a first guess
Jul 26, 2013 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:

Lots of suspects atm, could be anyone

I know , right?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 26, 2013 7:45 AM
Jan 2013
Well most the parts that gave characters their depth is cut out, but at least you can figure out what's going on.
Another problem I noticed with the adaptation is that
Jul 26, 2013 7:48 AM

Nov 2012
good episode as always :) maybe a bit rushed but i didn't mind too much.. maybe only because i already know whats happening lol

Leapling said:
ihateeveryone said:

GUYS
HIS SMILE

KDASJFSJFASFASF;AF; HE'S SO PERFECT.

gdgafdsafd i know right
no surprise fukawa's obsessed with him
Jul 26, 2013 7:51 AM
Jul 2013
Been awhile since I posted here.

Anyways. Here are my thoughts on this episode.

-The new OP was really bizzare...(I still liked the old one.)
-New areas seem to get unlocked with each murder.
-At least there's a bit of free time moments unlike the previous episodes.
-First "Motivational" DVD's and now embarrassing moments?!? (I'm wondering though how Monokuma had obtained those memories? Could he read their minds or something?)
-Damn it! Didn't expect Chihiro to be killed even if there were already warning signs! (I even thought she would be a killer at some point or do something really awesome like hacking the school's system!) I kinda liked her even if she was portrayed as weak and didn't know much about her.
-Investigation was a bit longer than the last one and the pacing seemed just right. (I haven't watched the LP yet.)
-I'm putting my bets on either Touko or Togami as the killer though I'm suspecting Touko more because of her unusual behavior and that only girls could access the girl's changing room plus she might have done this to impress Togami.

Overall. It was a great episode and really looking forward to the trial! :D

On a side note. I could see why this is compared with Ace Attorney. XD
Makoto Naegi = Phoenix Wright
Kyouko Kirigiri = Mia Fey
Sayaka Maizono = Maya Fey
Byakuya Togami = Miles Edgeworth
Touko Fukawa = Franziska von Karma
Ishimaru Kiyotaka = Apollo Justice
Jul 26, 2013 8:19 AM

May 2013
Wow, they managed to fit all of that in one ep. :O

But anyhow, yay first case that won't give blatant clues or whatnot.
Jul 26, 2013 8:22 AM
Jan 2013
MrOCD said:
zakkun89 said:

Dat is some manservice right there. I approve.

Mittee said:
Avoliee said:

What do you expect? There was too much they had to fit into this episode. Exploring the new floor, explaining how the door locks in the changing rooms work, sauna scene, scene with Togami in the library, the murder and the investigation. Some stuff was cut but I don't think it was that bad.

Kinda serves as a double-edged sword, doesn't it? If they squeeze the investigation together with the Class Trial in the same episode, it would ruin the build up to it for this episode's pacing. There's no pleasing either way. On the plus side, I can make do with the best of it and prepare the next case whatever topic for those who want to solve who the next murderer is and of how the murder played out. I just need to think of who I should roleplay for this case... hmm...

Edit: Whoops, why did I unquote zakkun89? I just wanted to say my same thoughts, and also have an excuse to shamelessly advertise to people to play along with the "Who's the killer?" game in the next case topic that I will soon be making.

Woot, I feel like wanting to slap that ass.

RIP ChiHiro, so who gonna be the convicted this time?

Oh yeah according to the spoilers it will be Mondo the big bully, so how will be executed?
Baddie007Jul 26, 2013 9:22 AM
Jul 26, 2013 8:28 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like they rush the investigation stage.
Jul 26, 2013 8:51 AM
Feb 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

Lots of suspects atm, could be anyone

I know , right?

Yes x.x But really, it's so suspicious that Fukawa and Togami have some kind of promise-secret-thing going on. Them being the murderers would be too obvious now though u.u ... Pff I really don't know.
Jul 26, 2013 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
great episode. they're starting to drop like flies, i'm just glad celestia is okay :)
Jul 26, 2013 9:25 AM

Jul 2012
My theory:

Aww cliffhanger again... D:
Jul 26, 2013 9:27 AM

Aug 2009
Chihiro was small, timid and weak spirited. Someone you want to protect but unfortunately also an easy target. Very tragic end for this character. R.I.P.

It seemed odd to go to the gym (alone?) the night where the new motive was given, something was bound to happen. As titled the SD programmer we see Chihiro working on the computer and may have obtained some relevant information from the outside world, or maybe even hacked the ElectroIDs.

The different characters interactions are hilarious. The bromance between Mondo and Ishimaru is golden. Fukawa crushing on Togami is creepy. I think Yamada secretly likes being bossed around by Celes, I take it as some kind of otaku fetish :3
Jul 26, 2013 9:37 AM

May 2013
mayukachan said:
My theory:

Aww cliffhanger again... D:

Good eye. :)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.