Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2012
Amazing to have it back, but was like WHOA WHOA WHOA, what did I miss!? Dafuq are these girls!? XD
Anyway, great that a new entity is being introduced, loving having to interact with some of the old conquered characters, so glad it's living up to expectations, but man, felt completely in the dark there for a second. Thanks for mentioning the manga brothers and sisters.

Jul 8, 2013 1:16 PM

Feb 2012
I'm so sad they had to skip arcs. As an anime-only viewer, this really bothers me.

This ep felt rushed and confusing even though it focused a lot on Kanon who I'm already familiar with.

Judging from some posts I've read from manga readers, it looks like they'll rush this Goddesses arc to fit it in 12 eps.

Disappointed, but I'll keep watching since I loved the first two seasons and Elsie.
Jul 8, 2013 1:20 PM

Feb 2012
I liked it the short recaps for Yui and Tsukiyo didn't bother that much and when they got to Kanon and Apollo they animated it well. The only thing that bothered me was the end with the changing of the Vintage girls and that it's going to be rushed which is sad.
Jul 8, 2013 1:24 PM

May 2013
I've been waiting for this all day and I enjoyed every second of it. On the one hand it was a smart choice to skip all these conquests, on the other hand it makes me sad to see Tsukiyo's and Yui's arc summarized in a mere 30 seconds, because they were my two favourites. The first 5 minutes were probably very confusing for people who have not read the manga. I would really recommend to at least read the chapters the kind posters above me have pointed out. It will make this season much more enjoyable.

I actually like the decision to replace Fiore (Fiore < Lune). I also liked the voices for Tsukiyo and Yui.
Jul 8, 2013 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
well that was a good start, really enjoyed it.
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jul 8, 2013 1:35 PM

Jan 2008
Amazing opening. Like many others, a bit sad about the large amount of girls skipped.
Jul 8, 2013 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
this serioulsy needs ovas hope they can make it later when this season ends :/
nonetheless the episode was great ,almost faithfull to the manga
Jul 8, 2013 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
it is well animated but lot of stuff has been skipped
bruh
Jul 8, 2013 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
they are handling this season smartly. taking a little bit of time to cover the past few girls made me think "oh, so this is what hes been up to while the show was off and now that we have crossed paths again, this is where he is in his story." makes you feel that this is all happening in real time. it serves to bypass the repetitive nature of the conquest arcs and get to a better part of the story and also by skipping some parts, will drum up some more interest in the manga that covers those other girls. every one wins.
Jul 8, 2013 1:56 PM
Jan 2011
Whoa, what is this a preview? Co'z this episode is showing a lot of scene that has been shown.
Jul 8, 2013 2:00 PM

May 2010
Oh snap if thing wont hype as is, this show just keep getting better and better.
Jul 8, 2013 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
First episode was adapted quite well considering I've read the manga and kind of remember what happened in the skipped girls' arcs.
Jul 8, 2013 2:04 PM
Mar 2012
Writing as I watch. I'm glad for this third season! I'm glad they skipped over to the Goddess arc.

I'm also glad they recapped his past conquests anime watchers didn't get to see; especially Yui. That was an interesting one. And tsukiyo. It was well done for not being able to show the actual conquests.

I liked the Opening song and animation more than the last two.

However, it needed to be rushed to the very last minute because of that intro. It was good, I mean...Apollo came across as pretty ditzy. Clever hiding that face, because it was a change from the manga. Oh you..
Jul 8, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
I guess Kanon getting coma was inevitable..... But damn Apollo spoil such an awesome reunion scene :/

I hope the Manga readers wont be too harsh about the adaptation. I'd never read the TWGOK manga so I am not so sure. I am quite concern about them skipping a lot of the conquest though. And I heard that the Goddess Arc is actually quite long. I just hope that they can complete the arc more or less properly then I will be satisfy.

Next ep, Elsie is gonna be an idol!! and Keima confronts all the ex-heroines. Would like a dose of Ayumi and Chihiro, and Shiori too! more Haqua will be nice as well :3
Jul 8, 2013 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
really interesting
Jul 8, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2008
Was it just me or did it all seem to happen really fast? Felt as if I was watching an extended pv. Might have been the recap at the beginning taking up a crap tonne of time away from new content that was shown after.

At any rate, I'm glad to see the return of The World God Only Knows.
Jul 8, 2013 2:14 PM

Oct 2011
Aww too bad they didn't show the other girls Keima conquered.

OMG Kanon!!!! 0___0
Jul 8, 2013 2:15 PM
Feb 2013
The overall quality seems to have improved. That recap make the 2 previous seasons look like preludes of the true series. (i did not read the manga)

I want more Tenri <3
Jul 8, 2013 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
First...HE IS BACK!! KEIMA!! :D
Great to see Kami back and as awesome as always! Great Op as usual!
Really a shame they skip so many girls...specially ones that were so good!!
well at least they kinda keep the important parts -.-
But still seems they really plan to adapt all the Goddess arc in 12 episodes! and i dont like that at all!! they are going to rush so many things and with the preview seems it will keep the same pace....

But well after the flashback the rest was adapted pretty good! glad to see Haqua as well!! :D
Kanon was so damn cute! and i always wanted to see the confession adapted! and didnt disappoint!

The ending with Kanon getting stab was done well as well! THAT LUNE!
Now.....let the Goddess arc begin!! :D
Jul 8, 2013 2:41 PM
Jan 2013
That animation, they didn't have time to make the other conquests but i'm glad as hell they made the art & animation great, they exceed my expectations big time. Now about the episode... I read the manga AND I STILL HAD A HARD TIME WATCHING THIS. My mindset during the confession (CMON MAN YOU ALREADY READ IT YOU CAN WATCH IT, NO I CAN'T, YES YOU CAN, BUT BUT BUT MY HEART WONT TAKE IT, YOU ALREADY TOOK ONCE YOU CAN TAKE IT AGAIN!) I finally had to fucking click the play button and fucking take out my mouse so i couldn't pause anymore. Overall, IM FUCKING GLAD KEIMA IS BACK, HELL YEA! My mondays just got x1000 better!
kitkatxzJul 8, 2013 2:48 PM
Jul 8, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2013
The God of Conquest has finally returned....
Amazing, from the way I see things, it's quite faithful from the manga
But it's too bad that the other girls were skipped :( the ramen girl was my favorite conquest.
Thinking a while back, when Apollo returned to her form, Keima should have said " I know your sister Diana!" or something like that and I would asume Apollo would have stayed and not run off and getting stabbed by that mysterious cloaked person :(
Jul 8, 2013 2:49 PM

Dec 2011
NO!! They completely skipped Tsukiyo and Yui arcs... I was looking forward to seeing the ramen girl animated too... but I guess its not possible if we judge from the title.

Anyways, Kaminomi is back! I really hate how they rushed the first episode, but this set what we need to know. Hopefully the next episodes won't feel as forced as this one.

On the bright side, yay for seeing Kanon again! My favorite girl among the goddesses. Hahaha. They made a ruckus in a middle of the test.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2013 3:01 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Was more excited for this than any other series this season. It didn't disappoint either. I loved me some Kanon, so can't wait to see how this all plays out!
Jul 8, 2013 3:19 PM

Apr 2007
bleh I had a feeling they were gonna skip arcs to get to the "good" stuff
MaikShin said:
Read everything else up until now (Chapters 42-55, 66-113)
So this is all that needs to be read? Shouldn't take long, guess I'll be watching this later. [& thanks for the helpful info!]
Jul 8, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
Though it's awesome to have this amazing series back, that episode looked to be HELLA rushed. Not looking good atm :/
Jul 8, 2013 3:32 PM

Dec 2010
I was smiling through the entire beginning of this episode. I've never read the manga, but I plan on doing so soon. I understand that they had to do some shortening in order to get it to fit into the episode count, and I'm okay with that. As long as they can tell an interesting story, I'm in for the count

It's so great to see everyone returning, now I have something to look forward to every week! Life is good.
Jul 8, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2011
Good start to the third season I guess. It looks like this one will be a little more darker, making it more interesting.
Jul 8, 2013 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
The God of Conquest is back! :>

It's great to see this series return and I must say they have done a wonderful job with this opening episode! I can't wait to see everyone return and especially when Keima starts capturing each girl xD

Despite all this, I must say I am a little disappointed. I thought we would be able to see Keima conquer those girls instead of simply using flashbacks to introduce the characters. I see the point in it though, they wanted to start off with the Jupiter Arc otherwise it would simply be a continuation of season 2 and not a completely new season. Still, I wanted to see some moments from the manga animated :<

Let's hope this season is just as great as the last 2 :D
Jul 8, 2013 4:04 PM

Feb 2008
Err, wow. They really skipped a lot of content here. I suppose there isn't much of a choice though; they can't animate another four seasons just to get to the Goddess Arc.

I will miss the show's humor.
Jul 8, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2010
Glad to see this series is back and the first episode was quite good.
Jul 8, 2013 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
Hell yea! So pumped for this season.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jul 8, 2013 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
And they changed the one who stabbed Kanon into Lune eh... This show will probably turn into very serious one unlike the manga.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 8, 2013 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
damn they started literally where i started picking up the manga.
fuuu now ill never get to see the other conquests lol.
Jul 8, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2012
I AM SO HAPPY THAT WORLD THAT ONLY GOD KNOWS IS BACK MY BRAIN CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!

OOOOHHHH GOD, I MISSED THIS ANIME!!!
Jul 8, 2013 4:22 PM

Apr 2013
Well, I was really concerned with how they would handle this, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised: the "recap" was rather decent and, aside from a rushed pace, everything worked out...for now, at least.
However, I already knew this was going to be the messiest episode in this show, so things should get much better from here on.
I do, however, wonder just how jarring this will be to those who haven't read the manga...
Jul 8, 2013 4:24 PM

Jan 2010
I definitely have some mixed feelings about this season.

On one hand I'm really happy there's another season. TWGOK is one of my absolute favorite manga series.You don't know how excited I am to see the Goddess arc get animated, because it's absolutely amazing.

On the other hand though I'm sad that his other conquers are being skipped over, they were a lot of fun. All those arcs made me love the series as much as i do, the goddess arc just made my love grow even more. I really wanted to see them animated and to have this show be as popular as it should be. It's great that we at least got flashbacks, but still.

On my third hand however, I can completely understand why they did this. The Goddess arc is what made the manga as popular as it is today, no doubt about it. And if they do this right, it will make the anime popular as well I hope. Season 2 didn't do well in sales so they got desperate and went in a direction they hope would sell. It makes a lot of sense.

I'm going to try and be hopeful though, because in the end I am still really happy to get the goddess arc animated. I was afraid that after season two didn't do well that we wouldn't get anymore seasons. And maybe if it does sell well we'll get OVA's or maybe even a prequel series of the conquers they skipped over.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2013 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
just found out that this was up when browsing the latest section nice surprise.
Jul 8, 2013 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
Confused like hell, but after doing some research I see why I am.
It was interesting, but a serious blow to many viewers whom have not read the manga.
I guess we'll just see how it works, but I was definitely confused as fuck.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 8, 2013 4:38 PM
May 2009
The way I see it. They'll probably make the other arcs into OVA series like they did for Tenri. Also there's a good chance they won't finish it all in the 3rd season so they'll probably need to make a 4th.

It's obvious that they had no choice but to skip to the Goddess arc. A show like this doesn't have a huge fanbase so convincing the investors that it was worth the money must of been a hellish task. I know a lot of people I've talked to didn't find the capture arcs as interesting as I did. Having a third season of that would have definitely hurt viewership/profits and we'd never have seen the goddess arc get animated. Hence why they shoved Tenri into an OVA and relegated 60 chapters to flashbacks, so they could push forward and cover the more interesting goddess arc. They know that this is the meat of the story.

So basically money trumped story faithfulness here. You have to give them props for the way they smoothly skipped the less critical arcs all while not actually altering the story much. It could've been much worse but they worked hard not to ruin the story(like what's happened to so many other series). They definitely kept the fans in mind when they were forced to make such a sad choice. Be happy we have such great people working on this Anime.

Think about it. We could've ended up in a situation like Negima. Two non-faithful adaptations and then a compressed OVA series that skipped over 200 chapters. Or how about what happened to Hayate no Gotoku? *crawls into dark corner* I think we're lucky, not unfortunate.

NOTE: I didn't bother to actually count chapters so forgive me if the numbers aren't accurate in this post.
japzoneJul 8, 2013 4:47 PM
Jul 8, 2013 4:40 PM
Apr 2013
damn manglobe skip 40 chapter manga
even skip yui and tsukio conquest , and why lune appeare soon? that suppose to be fiore

but still happy when kanon confess

TWGOK back
Jul 8, 2013 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
already 14 losses souls captured but still how they will gonna capture 30k ?
Jul 8, 2013 4:54 PM
Oct 2009
japzone said:
The way I see it. They'll probably make the other arcs into OVA series like they did for Tenri. Also there's a good chance they won't finish it all in the 3rd season so they'll probably need to make a 4th.

It's obvious that they had no choice but to skip to the Goddess arc. A show like this doesn't have a huge fanbase so convincing the investors that it was worth the money must of been a hellish task. I know a lot of people I've talked to didn't find the capture arcs as interesting as I did. Having a third season of that would have definitely hurt viewership/profits and we'd never have seen the goddess arc get animated. Hence why they shoved Tenri into an OVA and relegated 60 chapters to flashbacks, so they could push forward and cover the more interesting goddess arc. They know that this is the meat of the story.

So basically money trumped story faithfulness here. You have to give them props for the way they smoothly skipped the less critical arcs all while not actually altering the story much. It could've been much worse but they worked hard not to ruin the story(like what's happened to so many other series). They definitely kept the fans in mind when they were forced to make such a sad choice. Be happy we have such great people working on this Anime.

Think about it. We could've ended up in a situation like Negima. Two non-faithful adaptations and then a compressed OVA series that skipped over 200 chapters. Or how about what happened to Hayate no Gotoku? *crawls into dark corner* I think we're lucky, not unfortunate.

Finally, a lucid commentary. Sure, it sucks that manga readers and specially anime-only viewers miss a lot of animated content and some important introductions, but thanks to this decision and Kaminomi's plot structure (you can easily put most captures into OVAs afterwards, and skipping them doesn't turn the plot into a mess), we get a season three. One might argue that a bad adaptation is worse than none at all, but Manglobe has done a good job so far, and this arc is one of the most important ones anyway.
Jul 8, 2013 5:05 PM

Jan 2010
Now when people mention it feeling rushed are you talking about the recap or the stuff with Kanon? Or just the whole episode in general?
Jul 8, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
MaikShin said:
Read everything else up until now (Chapters 42-55, 66-113)

This series does flashbacks from all of the above, specifically focusing on the conquests between 42-55 and 66-113. It is successful in its adaption I feel, but you will understand so much more by reading those.
Thank you. I've been planning to read to manga since I heard that some of the captures have been skipped.
Jul 8, 2013 5:11 PM
Oct 2012
Fiji said:
NO!! They completely skipped Tsukiyo and Yui arcs... I was looking forward to seeing the ramen girl animated too... but I guess its not possible if we judge from the title.

Anyways, Kaminomi is back! I really hate how they rushed the first episode, but this set what we need to know. Hopefully the next episodes won't feel as forced as this one.

Completely agree, i was really hoping to see them animated, Yui's arc in particular.

But at least we have a 3rd season, is all i can say.
Jul 8, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
There was alot of confusion for me who hasn't read the manga yet in the first episode but i dont mind reading the skipped chapters. I hope the whole season ain't all serious and still has its comedy.
Jul 8, 2013 5:15 PM

Jun 2013
WOOT! Third season if finally here! I've been so psyched from the second it was first announced.

People say that they skipped a few arcs, so I guess I'm gonna go read those.
Jul 8, 2013 5:23 PM

Jun 2010
Hands down.. I am so glad there is a season 3 for Kami Nomi. I have caught up to the manga but I really wish they would have shown the conquest. I really do hope for an OVA for each girl but back to the episode. Great idea with the flashbacks and well played. Animation looks fantastic and can't wait how far this will go. This is gonna be great with the Goddess and can't wait for my favorite girl to show who her goddess would be
5/5
Jul 8, 2013 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
Being as I've only watched the anime, at least they were nice enough to give some background info on the arcs they skipped just to get to this point. I'll probably go and read what they've skipped over in the manga.
Jul 8, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2010
HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK! I have a lot to say! But first of all,

THE GOD OF CONQUEST IS BAACKKKKKKK!

Oh man. That first seconds. My heart nearly stopped when they played season 1's op song. They sure knows how to make people excited. The current OP song was also GODLY. I swear, every KamiNomi's OP songs are excellent.

Yes, I am happy and overjoyed that season three is finally here. BUT WHAT THE FUCK! I KNOW THEY WILL SKIP SOMETHING. BUT THEY SKIPPED A CLUSTERFUCK OF HUMONGOUS ARCS! HOLY SHIT! I was ready to forgive them on skipping Sumire ( Ramen girl ), which is my favorite non-goddess girl. BUT WHY DID THEY FUCKING SKIP YUI, TSUKIYO, HINOKI, AKARI?! Those arcs will have a massive contribution in the Goddesses arc. Weiss, Vintage and shit were hinted in Hinoki's arc! Why? Why Manglobe, why?! We can wait :(. I guess the reason they skipped a lot is because they maybe a little bit worried that if they continue to show conquest arcs in the season three then maybe the sales won't meet the required quota to even plan a season four. Just a wild guess. But holy fuck, BD version of the second episode of Tenri OVA ain't even out yet! How the hell would people know Diana etc etc? It will affect the non Manga readers a lot! How sad. ---end of rant---

Back to the episode.
Ignoring all the skips, THIS IS AN AWESOME EPISODE! What a good luck. For my favorite chapter from the Manga to be animated in the very first episode of the season three! WOOHOOO! KANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. BEST GIRL IN THIS SERIES!. <333333 OMG! Apollo, Haqua, Tenri, Diana, Elsie, Ayumi, Lune! etc etc. Really happy to see the cast again. Kanon songs<3 BANG! Holy shit awesome episode. Actually, awesome is an understatement! My favorite part of the whole manga is when Kanon confessed to Keima. Grrrr.

Of course, Keima, best MC of all time.

Yes, it feels like they wanna rush things. But I read the manga so its not a problem for me. I feel sorry for the non manga readers though.

What else to say... hmm.. Oh well, EPIC EPISODE. I can't wait for more. I'm fired up!

Wakaki/10

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.