Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2013 9:01 PM
Jun 2013
I like it a lot, more than other mecha show in this season. I give it 8/10.
Well, my heart fell a little when I see Amy flying toward Ledo, for a moment I thought I'll see a laser beam pierce through her. -.-''

Chamber actions remind me a lot of Arnold T-800 in T2, also that last word too. lol
Jun 30, 2013 9:21 PM

Jan 2012
Chamber will always stay in my heart as one of best mechs/AI ever.
Jun 30, 2013 9:28 PM
Aug 2011
Fai said:
Dr_Smurph said:
I know this seems low to most but I gave it a 7/10. Honestly this show feels so misleading when you watch the first two episodes. It quickly turns very slice of life, though it takes off again kind of at the end.

It was a good series, just didn't go into this one expecting what I got. It was enjoyable though.

Maybe you should have paid attention to , oh I don' tknow EVERYTHING TELLING YOU THIS IS SLICE OF LIFE?

- Urobutcher directed. You know, the guy who did magical girl show and made it to be NOT about magical girls, but about characters themselves. If you take away the action moments, Madoka is pretty much slice-of-life too.
- THE TITLE. Does this scream as war pew pew stuff? Gargantia of Green-ish planet?
- The setting.
- The calm and nice opening.
- About a dozen of quotes form both the director and the writer that this is the show about social communication and social interaction.
- The fact that they left the pew-pew space within first 5 minutes of the show and landed in the world where any pew pews are impossible due to tech-gap?

Whoa man chill. Not everyone does a lot of research before starting a show. Also I don't judge a work by that of someones past work nor do I go in it expecting the same things. Also the condescending "pew-pew" crap you're doing as if I am of lower intelligence for having a differing opinion is ridiculous. The first two episodes, not just the first five minutes put off a very different vibe than the rest of the show. I didn't say it was terrible. I just was expecting something more. It did an excellent job with as you say the "pew pews".

Anyway get off your high horse and don't get so annoyed at differing opinions. Makes you come off small minded.
Jun 30, 2013 9:52 PM

Aug 2011
Gen UroBUTCHER I knew you would go for my favorite character in this show, but at least you gave him problably the best line of the whole show for him as his final words; "Go to Hell, Metalhead!Go to Hell Tin Can!".

The last two episodes of the show pretty much was my favorites and both written by Gen Urobuchi just says what kinda genius he can be for a show, and with the animation quality, which in my opinion challenges Attack on Titan's animation for the best this season alongside with his work for this show just becomes something else.

I haven't seen much mecha anime myself, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one to say it atleast, and I wouldn't mind a 2nd season either, even though it concluded in a very good way.

Of course there are somethings that wasn't much "spoken again" about like the ongoing space battle from Ledo came from. Of course its just me nitpicking small things, but there were few unanswered question that I wish was answered, but the show ended in a great way nonetheless.

The character development in this show was really good, I mean a Robot AI and a soldier going through how to live on a planet with an alien society was some of the highlights for me for this show, and really enjoyed it.

Pinion and Rackage was total badass this episode, another plus for this episode. That Heaven's Stair being a Mass Driver was somewhat unexpected, for some reason I thought it was going to open a Hyper Gate or something. LOL

For a mecha slice of life, this was very good, I honestly was expecting a lot of space fights and action, but the show was something different and glad it was. For me this show was a solid 8/10. Now to listen to the soundtrack!

Sugita Robot for best waifu for this show. Now to check out the Petit Gargantia shorts, which is going to be sad to watch after this episode. CHAMBER~~~~!
Kratos_OrtegaJul 1, 2013 3:27 AM
Jun 30, 2013 10:00 PM

Feb 2013
NOOO Chamber, you were the best character I will miss you! I liked this series, it wasnt the best of this sesason but it was pretty good. Im glad it ended there, I dont think I could watch it without Chamber being there, he was da best
[/url]
Jun 30, 2013 10:06 PM
Jul 2012
For who still think that Chamber is out of character

let me tell you with my fail logic

Neuroplus.
This system is syncing machine and Human thought. Let's just said that When Lad/Ledo use this system, Chamber is quietly learning Ledo/Lad's thought as Human.

much more Chamber is an Advanced AI which can adjust itself based on situation and Human thought. In this Case lad as the example of Human thought.

Chamber IS Lad's personal Machine Caliber which purposely support the pilot well not only through combat but also argument and pilot's condition.

well what more you need? HE IS AN ADVANCED AI

Chamber is
Jun 30, 2013 10:11 PM
Feb 2013
I wanted a kiss at the end :(. Oh well.

My score for the series would be 7/10
Jun 30, 2013 10:21 PM
Jul 2011
ending felt rushed but Chamber was a boss! 8/10
Jun 30, 2013 10:24 PM

Sep 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
Ejc said:
symbv said:
Post it in the Sales Thread !! Time for Gargantia to reclaim the status of the "best robot show of the season" LOL

LOL we shall see if it can do that.

Nothing as satisfying as jumping those extremely low hurdles.

The first two episodes were fantastic and really suggested a very good show, but everything since then was gobbledygook.

Maybe the problem were with my initial assumptions I had thought this show was aimed at the 15+ market, not the under 15 market.

Anyway, at least the show ended on a high note. The last 5 seconds were the most intriguing since the 45th minute. There is an OVA scheduled, is there not? A

That's your problem right there, you take a exception and spin it off as canon. The first few episodes are wonderful, but each one after is just as good. Hurdles may be low or high but there's skill in jumping regardless of whatever height it's at. SoG jumped them wonderfully and all you've put forth is just cherry picking. Unlike another hyped Anime that has failed to jump it's hurdles, SoG played out very well.
Jun 30, 2013 10:32 PM

Apr 2013
diabloamezon said:
I like it a lot, more than other mecha show in this season. I give it 8/10.
Well, my heart fell a little when I see Amy flying toward Ledo, for a moment I thought I'll see a laser beam pierce through her. -.-''

Chamber actions remind me a lot of Arnold T-800 in T2, also that last word too. lol

that's exactly what i was thinking! "hasta la vista baby"

any way i think Chamber is still accessible via the handheld unit you see at the end that Ledo has next to the tooth flute.
Jun 30, 2013 10:35 PM

Nov 2011
I love that Urobutcher managed to break hearts without doing any actual Urobutchering.
Jun 30, 2013 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
Chamber certainly went out with a bang, RIP.
Jun 30, 2013 10:47 PM
Apr 2013
Urobutchered.

The last two episodes were quite good, although ep 13 definitely felt rushed - alot.

There were in-congruencies with Chamber, as he acted so much like a human at the end.

b4hn5ch said:
For who still think that Chamber is out of character

let me tell you with my fail logic

Neuroplus.
This system is syncing machine and Human thought. Let's just said that When Lad/Ledo use this system, Chamber is quietly learning Ledo/Lad's thought as Human.

much more Chamber is an Advanced AI which can adjust itself based on situation and Human thought. In this Case lad as the example of Human thought.

Chamber IS Lad's personal Machine Caliber which purposely support the pilot well not only through combat but also argument and pilot's condition.

well what more you need? HE IS AN ADVANCED AI

Chamber is

He is advanced AI, not human. The entire show had him portrayed as an AI with slight development towards human emotions, but the HUGE jump from his behaviour in ep 12 to ep 13 is too large to be believable.
Jun 30, 2013 10:48 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty good episode! I was wondering why the point of the Hideauze began to disappear after episode 10, it was nice to see how they ended up incorporating them into the ending. I didn't catch Chamber's head in the end until I rewatched the last scene after someone said it was in there.

Chamber had sass, and I liked that about him. This is by no means a perfect series, but it is still very enjoyable. So it gets an 8/10 from me. I am looking forward to those OVA's, plus if they decide to make a season 2, I will be on board with it! They kind of left it open enough for one, so I'd be surprised if it didn't get one at some point.

You ended up being very uplifting in the end, with a message filled with hope. Farewell Gargantia, and until we meet again.
Jun 30, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2010
neontaster said:
I love that Urobutcher managed to break hearts without doing any actual Urobutchering.

I'll agree with you.

Jun 30, 2013 10:57 PM
Nov 2012
Loved this show! Glad i chose to watch it when it came out! Great ending IMO, fucking Chambers hahah :D. i think its prolly one of the best that came out in the Spring/Summer time this year. Awesome stuff, 10/10
Jun 30, 2013 10:59 PM

Apr 2010
Chamber - the most bad ass robot since R2D2.
Jun 30, 2013 11:02 PM

Nov 2007
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
LOL Chamber being T-800 in Terminator 2.
DawnJJun 30, 2013 11:36 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 30, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2012
Even the little squirrel thingys got a happy ending. I'm guessing that they're male and female, but even if they're the same sex, now they have play mates! Am I the only one super happy about that? I "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW'd" so hard at the end when they were playing. Wish there had been a second of animation showing them meet close up and cuddling or something.
"If you hire a sell-sword, you'd better watch your back. Hire me, and I'll watch it for you."
-Kazandu Blademaster
Jun 30, 2013 11:41 PM
Jan 2012
I feel like Chamber made the show. Just the most Badass AI I've ever seen.
9/10
Jun 30, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2012
Chamber was a boss until the end. Might be the first time the robot was the best character in a story. 5/5 episode. Ended great. Surprisingly happy ending. I expected it to be darker, but this is alright as well. It would have been nice if this was longer, and they used the whalesquid/hideauze more. I'd say 8/10 overall because of the ending. Top 3 of the season for sure.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 30, 2013 11:48 PM

Sep 2012
Actually the ending is already revealed way back from the beginning in the first episode...

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 1, 2013 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
Why everyone keep referring to Chamber is not there anymore? What about the spoiler I just posted =_=?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2013 12:04 AM

Jun 2008
5/5 for the ending but 7/10 overall for the show. Still an enjoyable show but it could have been much better if it was developed well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2013 12:06 AM

Jan 2010
symbv said:
Actually the ending is already revealed way back from the beginning in the first episode...

DAMN IT!! You totally right!!! Sinking Kugel fleet and Chamber!!! 0,o...

Jul 1, 2013 12:08 AM

Feb 2013
I thought that was a pretty good show overall. That was a good ending as expected of Urobutcher.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jul 1, 2013 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
"Go to hell, tin can!"

-Chamber
8/10
Jul 1, 2013 12:17 AM

Aug 2008
Chamber, such a bro. Badass sacrifice. It seems that he wasn't destroyed at least, worst case, he's permanently inoperational, or he's simply inactive waiting for "someone" to salvage him and fix him up.

But it's interesting, the setting. Humans break into at least 4 factions: Human Alliance, Extra Evolutionists, Earth-based Evolutionists and humans from Earth. It seems that them saving their planet ended up costing them their technology and regressed. But if both factions on Earth get along, maybe the ones in outer space will learn to do so as well? Maybe that's the main message.
Jul 1, 2013 12:18 AM

Jan 2013
What a Awesome ride! loved every bit of it
Jul 1, 2013 12:19 AM

Jun 2011
Great show. Chamber is a true bro, sacrificing himself for the better future of his pilot. So the problem with Ledo is done with him enjoying life on Earth and Gargantia finding some of the truth of how they came about. But what about the ongoing war thats still raging in the stars? I was hoping for a second season and they resolve that issue.
Jul 1, 2013 12:30 AM

Jul 2011
The better show this season.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Jul 1, 2013 12:31 AM
Jul 2012
R2 D2 (Star Wars), Legion (Mass Effect), now Chamber.
Jul 1, 2013 12:37 AM

Sep 2012
Really wanted Chamber to stay, although I knew once Ledo left the cockpit he was gonna suicide.. Ahh good ending, I wouldn't mind seeing a season 2 with whats going on in space. But just wanna see more Ledo and Amy. Good anime :)
Jul 1, 2013 12:38 AM

Jun 2009
"I deem you unfit to be a soldier"
"Non-combatant should not be inside my cockpit"

Them death flags....

Chamber my brother T_T

Rest in peace, tin can...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2013 12:41 AM
May 2012
Why the hell is everybody else thought that Pinion's gonna die?!

THAT DIDN'T HAPPENED, GUYS. OBVIOUSLY!! This show is nothing like PSYCHO-PASS (Except some unexpected twist which it left me speechless)

DawnJ said:
LOL Chamber being T-800 in Terminator 2.

That part really reminds me of Terminator 3.

Chamber: YOU ARE TERMINATED! *Explodes*

b4hn5ch said:
R2 D2 (Star Wars), Legion (Mass Effect), now Chamber.

Except It's just a robot & I hope it would be fix sooner or later.
JafriZinJul 1, 2013 12:56 AM
Jul 1, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2010
JeffreyZin said:

I thought people say that they WANT Pinion died cause he acting like asshole in episode 10. No one say he gonna die...>3>

Jul 1, 2013 12:58 AM

Apr 2010
AoiMizu said:
JeffreyZin said:

I thought people say that they WANT Pinion died cause he acting like asshole in episode 10. No one say he gonna die...>3>

Would have given it a 9 if Pinion died.
Jul 1, 2013 12:59 AM
May 2012
AoiMizu said:

I'm sorry because I really should've agree from what they said 'before' this episode air (cause people said so) as I read their comments during episode 11 & 12.

And guess what? That didn't happened for me & I'm not surprised. I mean since when Pinion started to act like an Asshole during later part?
JafriZinJul 1, 2013 1:02 AM
Jul 1, 2013 1:09 AM

Jan 2010
JeffreyZin said:
AoiMizu said:

I'm sorry because I really should've agree from what they said 'before' this episode air (cause people said so) as I read their comments during episode 11 & 12.

And guess what? That didn't happened for me & I'm not surprised. I mean since when Pinion started to act like an Asshole during later part?

Hahaha...well, just because he start act like asshole in ep10 it doesn't mean he will continue that attitude. Mostly people who want Pinion die in ep 10 just piss off for that reason. He was overwhelming by conquering the 'treasure' and state that he is the owner of the whole relic island to the whole world. Revenge and the proof for his late big brother. Mehhh..even I do want him to die when I finish watch that ep. Hate that attitude.
AoiMizuJul 1, 2013 3:28 AM

Jul 1, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 2009
It was good, but forgettable...
I loved Chamber and Ledo though, best duo ever!
I don't really want a season 2, because what's the point of watching this without Chamber?

The score should be 7,5/10 but I'm stuck with a 7 because of MAL's ratings.
Jul 1, 2013 1:20 AM

Oct 2011
To me: The cult felt out of place with this sci fi mix with slice of life kinda show. Just felt rushed.

Also, I would have loved if the show had given more insight with the distant war and it's machinations.(As well as the past, pre-ice age period.)
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jul 1, 2013 1:24 AM
Jun 2013
If there will be season 2, I think Chamber might be comeback. His body left almost intact, AI might be operable too. Just lying down waiting for salvage.
Jul 1, 2013 1:31 AM

Sep 2009
Gen Urobuchi planned this anime as message for young people who search their place in life from the start. It didn't mean to be too dark. I personally think that the execution of idea was good enough and the got a lot of small but necessary details which are commonly missed in such type of the plots

9/10 from me. Not perfect but good
Jul 1, 2013 1:34 AM

Dec 2011
I really loved this episode. 5/5
And Chamber's last words! "Go to hell, tin can!" That got me laughing and it also made me feel really sad that Chamber got destroyed.
I loved the character development within the series, especially with Red (Ledo?) and Chamber.
Overall though, I would have to give the series a 7/10. Maybe an 8. I'm not really sure yet xD
Jul 1, 2013 2:15 AM

Feb 2010
CHAMBEEEEER Noooo why why you dare to die
eventough i already predicted this,but this is still sad.Chamber is definitely the best character robo in this show.i love chamber very much

well,the ending is ok even rather rushed, 7.5/10 from me

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jul 1, 2013 2:25 AM

Oct 2012
Great ending episode with epic music and action! Now we know where all budget went.

Anyway, good series, there were some badly-written episodes in the middle but beginning and the end was done properly and I can say it was enjoyable as whole.

7/10
Jul 1, 2013 2:27 AM

Dec 2008
It was a nice show, 7.5 fer sure lol I also enjoyed the tech like the canon that was used to propel ships into orbit, and it had a water to screen ships from the overall blast effect. Hard science that is not sci fi, but sci possible!!!
Jul 1, 2013 2:33 AM

Nov 2009
I expected more from this series after the first episode. Nice ending I guess and Chamber was the man.

6/10
Jul 1, 2013 2:46 AM

May 2012
antonn said:
AoiMizu said:
JeffreyZin said:

Would have given it a 9 if Pinion died.

well he raised several death flags.. :D

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.