Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2012
I will show you Manami`s full evil plan.
http://i.imgur.com/mcb84AE.jpg?1

Manami is literally a psychopath. Nobody can say something like this with that kind of tone of voice and expression and not be fucked up in the head and a right cunt as well. Rarely do you see characters as vile as her in anime, even the supposedly "evil" guys are usually far more noble.
at least she kicked off the incest route, but goddamn is she hateable.

Back in S1, she was a bit plain compared to the others but still a nice and homely girl, some people just want a normal relaxed life with a cute girl you know. Now she's just pure evil.

She is also obsessed about the concept of being normal, every single thing she does is for the sake of being normal, if she makes some meal she will not be happy until she does a "normal" meal, she says herself she can only do the normal thing in every aspect, she will do it again until it tastes normal, she hates everything above normal as much she hates things below her messed up normal standard, she is also the reason Kyosuke ended up with Kirino, is common for little girls to be very attached with their relatives to the point of saying they want to marry them in the future while they are unaware of the full meaning of the marriage, because Manami, brother and sister turned out detached from each other to the point Kyosuke perceived Kirino as a stranger, also made Kirino tramatized person, traumatized with her complex making her unable to forget childish play, then when they got close again Manami got a healthy male living close with a model level beauty as the best romantic option, and made the childish brother complex of Kirino grow into full blown romantic love, I am pretty sure to say Manami is a psycho who messed things up for herself due her obsession.

>Pushing other girls onto kyousuke to keep him from spending time with kirino with full intentions to break their hearts later anyways.

FRIENDSHIP? She's cunning that way.
She supports the other girls so that it will break up the network of friends, destroy their relationships and isolate Kyousuke... and then along comes Manami to pick up the pieces while he's down, just like before.

Afterall, Manami knows it is easier to beat one girl than it is to beat 6.
Manami is the 8man of oriemo, she took the fall trying to prevent that disgusting incestuous union.

Manami = 100% Chaotic Evil
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 29, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2012
That wannabe grandma? Pfft..
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 29, 2013 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
ElfinMint said:
You have a bigger scan of it? The text is kind of tiny to read easily.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
ElfinMint said:

Jun 29, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
^ Thanks.

Manami has been named the "last boss" since back in 1st season but I still feel a bit sad that the author resorted to pulling down Manami's character so low so that he could portray Kirino in much better light.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 1:07 PM
Oct 2012
ElfinMint said:
Manami = 100% Chaotic Evil

Lawful evil, she is very deliberate in her evil, not chaotic at all.

While some might claim that Manami was right in the end about the incest, it has to be remembered that there was nothing really that abnormal about Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship at the time. She admired her brother, he protected her as a sister. It was Manami that interjected the idea of "taboo" into the relationship, and as most people know, there is nothing as tempting as forbidden fruit. As the image said (it was posted 1 or 2 weeks ago in a larger size), Manami ironically CAUSED the relationship she feared: Manami was the one who brought up the concept of "sex". Also, in pulling Kyousuke down (from track star, top grades in class (though Kyousuke still ranks high without trying), she inadvertently caused Kyousuke to have regrets about who he became and drove Kirino to transform into a very person who Kyousuke admired (someone who is passionate about things).

On a separate note, I think the writers had a little in joke during the episode. Remember in the classroom where the Otaku were talking about how the market was gravitating towards Imouto and Meruru stuff, and how one thought that was strange? Markets move because of the audience spending money, and who do we know that buys multiple copies of multiple formats of the things she likes? And who do we know buys MASSIVE amounts of goods as well as just happens to like those two genres/show?

It is a basic fact that 90% of a non-commodity market is purchased by only 10% of the audience (this is also true of books as a whole (80% of US Families did not buy or read a single book last year), and of that 90%, 1% is probably responsible for 30-40% of the total sales. Kirino is one of those "market movers", I think the writers were making a sly joke there that Kirino was moving the market on her own. Otherwise there really wasn't a reason to have that scene.
Jun 29, 2013 1:08 PM

Jan 2012
I always hated manami but didn't know she was a bitch to this extent.
Jun 29, 2013 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
_ClariS said:
symbv said:
ElfinMint said:

Holy driver. Is this legit from the novels? Might have to change my comment from the last episode then.
Jun 29, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2012
Brego1 said:
_ClariS said:
symbv said:
ElfinMint said:

Holy driver. Is this legit from the novels? Might have to change my comment from the last episode then.

It is. And I'm so glad someone made a thread about this.

Manami a sociopathic shit
Jun 29, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Manami was fine for most part in season one, but she started to loose it towards the end. Then came season two and every time she appeared, the extremely few times she did, she only annoyed me.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 29, 2013 1:32 PM
Oct 2012
huehue93 said:
I always hated manami but didn't know she was a bitch to this extent.

If there is one thing I have learned from watching the darker harem animations it would be this: "watch those soft spoken nice ones, they are all bitches".
Jun 29, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2012
^ Who else are the "soft-spoken nice girls who are in fact bitches" in darker harem animations?

Jun 29, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Brego1 said:
_ClariS said:
symbv said:
ElfinMint said:

It is. And I'm so glad someone made a thread about this.

Manami a sociopathic shit
Well, that's a yandere for you.

Glad someone shared this, because I haven't had this good of a laugh in a while.
HolybaptiserJun 29, 2013 1:40 PM
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 29, 2013 1:42 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
^ Who else are the "soft-spoken nice girls who are in fact bitches" in darker harem animations?

Well, Yozora had that opinion every time she played a gal/otome game in Hanagai, and we know that Yozrora is always dead on when it comes to spotting these things, and then there is Kotonoha Katsura, granted she had motive, but still....

So there are examples, of course one could question how accurately "darker harem animations" depict life, but that would be a different thing.
Jun 29, 2013 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
Best character in the show. 10/10
Jun 29, 2013 1:46 PM

Feb 2012
Still better than Kirino.

She has only been written that way to make Kirino more likeable, so she's just another victim of an author taking a crap on every character he created to vindicate the ending, which brings the best sales.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jun 29, 2013 1:51 PM
Apr 2009
Nucksen said:

She has only been written that way to make Kirino more likeable, so she's just another victim of an author taking a crap on every character he created to vindicate the ending, which brings the best sales.

Author could have done a Kuroneko ending and had just as much sales. But he didn't. Don't you think it's because he like wanted to do it? Not for sales sake but just because he saw the story that way? And characters that way.
Jun 29, 2013 1:53 PM

Oct 2012
She's right incest is straight up creepy. I can't imagine being in love with my sibling.
Jun 29, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
reve said:
Nucksen said:

Author could have done a Kuroneko ending and had just as much sales. But he didn't. Don't you think it's because he like wanted to do it? Not for sales sake but just because he saw the story that way? And characters that way.

Well, have you seen how the preorders went up, after the end of Kuroneko Arc? They doubled.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jun 29, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, really impressed with her level of b*tchness
InsodpJun 29, 2013 2:24 PM
Jun 29, 2013 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
reve said:
Nucksen said:

Yea because Kirino is not that liked in Japan.
Jun 29, 2013 1:58 PM
Apr 2009
Nucksen said:
reve said:
Nucksen said:

Well, have you seen how the preorders went up, after the end of Kuroneko Arc? They doubled.

And how it coupled with novels sales? Author don't get shit from anime sales, only from novels (and not so much actually). And this doubling wasn't linked with end of arc but with airing of last volume of novel. And actually Kuroneko fans and Kirino fans are pretty equal in numbers in Japan (just look at how much this two have figures and promotion)

tsudecimo said:
reve said:
Nucksen said:

And bought shitton of novels and doubled BDs preorders? Open your eyes, really
Jun 29, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
^ lol ? I'm agreeing with you dude. I'm saying he didn't make
because he wanted great sales but because he wanted the ending like this.
Jun 29, 2013 2:06 PM
Apr 2009
tsudecimo said:
^ lol ? I'm agreeing with you dude. I'm saying he didn't make
because he wanted great sales but because he wanted the ending like this.

Sorry, misunderstood you
Jun 29, 2013 2:14 PM
Oct 2011
Genius.
Jun 29, 2013 2:48 PM

Mar 2009
Manami is second only to kuroneko in awesomeness. She didn't become a whiney obessed cliche character when she found out he picked kuroneko over her and she kept it REAL with kirino from the start and told her that **** was creepy. I'd have done the same if I saw that disgusting crap festering in a friends family. Manami is a damn good example of how friends should be. And besides, why the hell would kirino blame her for kyou becoming "boring"? Did she want him to fail? He needed help in his studies and manami helped him. If she didn't then he would have failed and became even LESS then what kirino wanted him to be. Contradictive,disgusting,*****.

Manami, bad guy? My ass.
Murasaki_No_HebiJun 29, 2013 2:52 PM

Jun 29, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2012
Tenshi_Sky said:
Manami is second only to kuroneko in awesomeness. She didn't become a whiney obessed cliche character when she found out he picked kuroneko over her and she kept it REAL with kirino from the start and told her that **** was creepy. I'd have done the same if I saw that disgusting crap festering in a friends family. Manami is a damn good example of how friends should be. And besides, why the hell would kirino blame her for kyou becoming "boring"? Did she want him to fail? He needed help in his studies and manami helped him. If she didn't then he would have failed and became even LESS then what kirino wanted him to be. Contradictive,disgusting,*****.

Manami, bad guy? My ass.

That's not what happens in the novels.

Jun 29, 2013 3:09 PM

Mar 2009
Ghost-Lightning said:
Tenshi_Sky said:

Manami, bad guy? My ass.

bull crap, and if it is true, the author is a ****ing idiot for writing it that way. How the hell is he still even friends with her if what you say she said, is true? I hate the guy that tricked me into this incest BS made by an incompetant author.

Jun 29, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
Well whether or not anyone considers it to be of high quality, it is in fact what happens in the books. The reason he stays friends with her is because while she may have essentially called him a good for nothing, she was there for him in his time of need, so she was able to come off as a comforter.

Remember, in the novels they are younger when this happens, so they are more impressionable and easier to manipulate.
Jun 29, 2013 3:21 PM

Mar 2009
Ghost-Lightning said:
Well whether or not anyone considers it to be of high quality, it is in fact what happens in the books. The reason he stays friends with her is because while she may have essentially called him a good for nothing, she was there for him in his time of need, so she was able to come off as a comforter.

Remember, in the novels they are younger when this happens, so they are more impressionable and easier to manipulate.

I'm outta here bro, now that I know just how idiotic the backstory is, I'll just leave with what I think was the best possible outcome, kyou and kuro. They're not my favorite, but it's a way better scenario then incest. Thanks for not snapping like I did though.

Jun 29, 2013 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
You're welcome. And if you really want to see a different ending, I have heard that there is a game (either for PSP or PC, can't remember) in which Ayase "wins".
Jun 29, 2013 3:36 PM
Oct 2012
I can't believe how many people do not like a Kirino ending, I fuckin' wanna see that, she is in my number 1 spot for kyouske. Also, what do you expect after the title is "my little sister can't be this cute", this ending was obvious. I know there was still hope for the rest, but this was a very probable ending.
Anyway, Manami is the biggest bitch I've seen in anime, but she gets what she deserves, Kyouske x Kirino, ha!
Jun 29, 2013 3:43 PM

Feb 2013
I never liked her, yet I didn't hate her either. Episode 13 was actually pretty shocking.. She's pure evil.
Jun 29, 2013 3:48 PM
Jan 2011
i didn't even hate her. i kinda liked her. it was either episode 10 or 11...or 12? someone post that picture of manami in the forum. and today's episode solidifies it. plus someone was kind enough to show me the ln, so that's all the evidence i need.

if she just didn't interfere with kirino, kirino would have outgrown her love for kyousuke. they would have a normal relationship, just like manami could dream for. good she didn't get what she wanted, i hate manami now
Jun 29, 2013 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
Isn't the thread name a little too revealing? It's like a beacon if they catch it.

Maybe something like "Manami, her true character (spoilers)" add the spoiler to warn people or something like that. I'm just looking out for those guys who hate being spoiled without spoiler tags since I been a victim of it three times this season and left me really angry...
radleJun 29, 2013 4:31 PM
Jun 29, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2009
ElfinMint posted something that LN/spoiler readers know for a year or two.
Jun 29, 2013 5:06 PM
Oct 2011
Ghost-Lightning said:
You're welcome. And if you really want to see a different ending, I have heard that there is a game (either for PSP or PC, can't remember) in which Ayase "wins".

There's a Oreimo PSP game where you can play all routes, its very popular in japan.
Jun 29, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2013
Tsc, I never liked her. u_u
Jun 29, 2013 8:13 PM

Sep 2011
I was shocked when say No with a cheery face. A really big bitch move...

Then i became really shocked when she said those words.

Ghost-Lightning said:

holy fuck...

Nucksen said:

is it or is it baseless assumption?
Brigs77Jun 29, 2013 9:21 PM
Jun 29, 2013 9:42 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit, mind blown. Step 5 really happened in LN ?
The only character that I can't like since s1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2013 9:55 PM

Aug 2012
My mind has just got blown away, knew there was something fishy about her
Jun 29, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:

Even though I am a firm Kuroneko fan I have to say that your understanding is wrong. Some fans are indeed unhappy but if you look at the BD sales ranking in Amazon it shot up sharply, until it reached #1 eventually, after the ending of the novel was confirmed when vol.12 came out. This means that there are at least a large number of people in Japan who like the ending and decide that they can buy the BD/DVD now that the ending is to their liking.

Jun 29, 2013 10:25 PM
Jan 2008
LOL are some of you serious over this? this is just a character made by an author is not real. this is for real though you can't trust anyone in this world even if they are your own family members. and also everyone have a little evil in them.
Jun 29, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2013
Nucksen said:

The seeds of Manami being the problem were sown from the very beginning of the series. It wasn't immediately apparent that she was the behind-the-scenes manipulative villain--simply because if it is immediately apparent then they aren't exactly behind the scenes, are they?

Manami has always been somewhat odd. She doesn't react to the antipathy Kirino shows her. She is interested in Kyousuke but doesn't actually pursue it--and her reason for not pursuing it clearly has nothing to do with shyness or a fear or rejection. From the beginning, she has felt like the inevitable default choice. The later novel revelations only show that she went out of her way to create that situation, including bringing Kyousuke down to the point where she was good enough for him.

What I want to know is why she fixated on Kyousuke. Surely there were more normal people that she could have crafted to her liking with much less effort. Was it just the convenience of childhood friendship?
Jun 29, 2013 11:18 PM

Feb 2013
yea....she is so creepy than ayase
Jun 29, 2013 11:45 PM

Sep 2012
ZombieKun said:
yea....she is so creepy than ayase

And unlike Ayase, she's also a sociopathic ho-bag.
Jun 29, 2013 11:58 PM

May 2010
Its alway the character that seem the sweetest thats the evilest.
Jun 30, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Well, Yozora had that opinion every time she played a gal/otome game in Hanagai, and we know that Yozrora is always dead on when it comes to spotting these things, and then there is Kotonoha Katsura, granted she had motive, but still....
I definitely would not call Yozora a "soft-spoken nice girl" though !! As for School Days all the characters are problematic (and thus can be called bitches or any bad thing you might want to come up). I still have difficulty to think of much example of "soft-spoken nice girls turned out to be bitches" in anime.....

Jun 30, 2013 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
Ahahaha, oh wow, I didn't expect my image to find its way here from /a/.

For those of you who haven't read the LNs, let's just say Manami will reveal her true colors in the last three episodes.

Jun 30, 2013 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
In those characters who looks nice but turns out to be evil... I think it's because they are afraid of getting hated by people with this just single bad personality (and wanting people or just one person that they love to like them). Basically has no confidence or being observant. I hope childhood girl is "evil" because of that, though I didn't like nor hate her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

475 by tony328 »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.