Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2013 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
One of the best Slice of life animes I have seen in quite a while. They could have wrapped up episode 12 instead of having episode 13 as a bonus though. Perhaps spending 2 minutes to wrap up, then having the bonus portion would have been better.

Well, I hope to see season 2 in another year or two!
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jun 29, 2013 6:39 AM

May 2009
WTF Stealth Hiki :)))

some things are still unclear, needs season 2. :)
Jun 29, 2013 6:45 AM

Apr 2009
Avestus said:
Actually they had a nice way way to wrap it. Adding some dialogues between Hayato and 8man, for example. Something like a set of one on one conversations between different characters would've been nice. There's no problem in setting proper ocassions for such thungs to happen. It doesn't demand additional content. But it could've been a nice ending. People here who think that complaining about ending = complaining about undeveloped romance miss the point. It's not about romance - it's about the subtle witty touch on many topics the show've demonstrated. And there's nothing of the kind in the last episode :( It totally stands out in a notorious way.
Now i give the 9/10 to show only because i don't consider ep.13 to be its part. But some people do and i can't really blame them.

Not about romance..? it's in the title and genre.. what are you talking about..?
Jun 29, 2013 6:52 AM
Aug 2011
Seta19 said:

Not about romance..? it's in the title and genre.. what are you talking about..?

Sorry, but i have a habbit to judge the show by its content not by some stupid stereotypes about "what the show in the genre should be like". Anime show is fisrt of all the piece of art. Genre is a label we give it. Piece of art is not about how much it fits into the label. It's about the ideas it has and the way it delievers them and dwells on them. I'm a little bit of captain obvious here, yeah.
Jun 29, 2013 6:56 AM

Jun 2012
Solid anime overall. And technically Hachiman showed more love to Saika than the two girls, so if he ends up with one of them them in later seasons; I'm gonna class it as a shameless bait-and-switch. :/

Also I really liked Zaimokuza this ep. He should have had more screen time.

7/10
Jun 29, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
That feeling when a good anime ends... damn.

9/10 series.
This world is Rotten. Rotten people should be killed off to cleanse this world.
Yagami Raito (Death Note)

Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, i will be the one to stand in the heavens.
Aizen Sosuke (Bleach)

In a world like that, there’d be no need for love anymore either. If everyone were perfect, there would be no need to look out for others. Sympathy or love is needed because people are imperfect. A perfect human cannot love anyone.
Keima Katsuragi (The World God Only Knows)

Jun 29, 2013 7:11 AM
Nov 2012
Akanezora said:
I will only miss 8man. Anyway, I didn't like the ending. 8.4/10

Anyone spotted the Eyeshield 21 and Gundam F's reference?

Gundam F? The gundam reference was from G Gundam since Master Asia is a character from G Gundam and his common phrase from his martial arts school is "The East is burning red!" Hopefully thats what your talking about? lol... great show and glad someone caught the reference! :D
Jun 29, 2013 7:35 AM
Aug 2012
I whant a 2 season!

I really like this anime
Jun 29, 2013 7:37 AM
Aug 2012
FenixBlaster97 said:
I whant a 2 season!

I really like this anime

8/10
Jun 29, 2013 8:35 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Its a RomCom without the Rom, lol. Decent, but disappointing for sure. 6/10

I'd be down for a second season though. Hopefully, it would actually have some romance.
Jun 29, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2011
Aww..what a shame it already ended :( it's in my top 5 anime for spring 2013. I hope that there will be second season in the future.

9/10

Jun 29, 2013 8:44 AM

Sep 2012
psy8hillme said:

BloodyNightsky said:
eminagnam said:
OMG he realized he fell in love with that person! lol

It was an interesting series though the ep 13 was so so. I already miss it.

I'll kill you if you dont tell me with who he felt in love!
I know it's obvious but I'm looking for confirmation!
I'll hunt you down if you dont!

You mean this?

:D

omgggggggggggg!
Jun 29, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2010
God, what a loser episode. Quite obvious that it's not from the original material, the LN. This anime is really great among its similars, so I would love to have a season 2.
Jun 29, 2013 9:49 AM

Apr 2011
Novels had plenty of such chapters and this episode were writen by it's writer. So you are wrong.
Jun 29, 2013 10:08 AM

May 2011
Everyone looked off model and felt out-of-character. The humor fell pretty flat to me. It was pretty obvious that it was an anime original episode.
But I am hoping for season 2. I still enjoyed this series a lot.
Jun 29, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
Is it the first time we see the eyes of the two characters wearing glasses?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 29, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2011
japaneseboy said:
Everyone looked off model and felt out-of-character. The humor fell pretty flat to me. It was pretty obvious that it was an anime original episode.
But I am hoping for season 2. I still enjoyed this series a lot.

I give up. There is no point say same thing four times.
Jun 29, 2013 10:38 AM

Oct 2011
LoL the jokes went to far,
the episode which i download changed the opening song into Batman the Dark Knight Rises music intro
Jun 29, 2013 10:46 AM

Jun 2011
Confucius said:
They dress like Asuna from SWO

Pretty sure thats Saber Lily they're cosplaying as.

Anyways this series has always been on my top since episode one and im glad it didnt disappoint one bit. All of the characters are really likable and their conversations were really enjoyable. I love Hachiman's self-sacrificial attitude and his dialogues on how he views the world. Yukinon's cold demeanor attitude suits her so well and i just love her retorts to hachiman. Yui is just wonderful, she's just what the rest of the cast are missing, a character to liven up the whole group.

The Seiyuus they had for this series is awesome. Hayami Saori fits the cold Yukinon and the lively Nao Touyama fits Yui to the T.

However the thing i enjoyed most is of course the character designs. They were so well drawn and im in love with all of the characters design so much, especially the 3 main.

I'll definitely give the LN a try and heres to hoping for a season 2. 10/10
Jun 29, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
@Confucious

What's SWO? -_-

ArcanaTrace is right, it's Saber. They even had a picture of Saber with Yui's face stuck over it.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Jun 29, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2010
My favorite anime ended.. I will miss it so much! I WANT ANOTHER SEASON NOW! THEN ANOTHER!!! AND ANOTHER UNTIL I DIE! Cough...

Stealth Hachiman was awesome. Didn't look like an original episode at all. They did a great job. My Ebina was OOC though. Still Loved her so much and glad people are liking her now. Geez guys if you hated it that much then why give it a 5?

The ending song was re-sung but I still loved it equally. Loved how fast it got suddenly. Amazing series!

10/10. Nuff, said.

Genius anime don't need length of comment to show how much good these actually are.

Give me a 2nd season, please!
TragicRomanceJun 29, 2013 11:49 AM
Jun 29, 2013 12:29 PM

Feb 2011
Aaand life goes on yet again with no definitive end. Enjoyable show but I wish they touched more on the romcom aspect more.

Jun 29, 2013 12:46 PM

May 2011
Whoa, this was much better than I thought it would be! Loved this ep! "Stealth Hikki", haha! <3

Too bad it is over. Now I’ll have nothing awesome to look forward to during the weekdays.
Jun 29, 2013 12:49 PM
Jun 2013
Yea I enjoyed this episode as well. And to me it looked like an opening for a second season but its gonna be a while until we can find out. I would not mind some development between the three characters if there is gonna be a second season.

Anyways enjoyed the whole series 8/10 for me. They talked pretty fast so reading the subs for me was a bit difficult at times hehe.
You'll also find your own dream someday.
You've already begun that journey, right?
On your own, for that unique dream of yours. That's Wonderful. Until then, I'll pull you along.
Some day, you'll have your own dream.
One day, you'll find your own sound... and begin to play on your own.
Let's go... to the place where our dreams lie - even if the world ends.
Until that time, our future lies ahead.
- Kazumiya Rio
Jun 29, 2013 12:50 PM

Jun 2012
So sad it's over D=
Great series, one of my favorite comedies, 7 or 8 out of 10.
I hope for a special soon, or s2 someday.

Jun 29, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
Kind of a weird choice for a last episode, but it was a great one nonetheless; very exciting. Great series overall. Really liked how they dealt with the social problems in school. Maybe we'll see a second season? 8/10.

Jun 29, 2013 1:02 PM
Dec 2011
Best anime to watch this season so 8/10 gonna miss 8man
aiueowaveJun 29, 2013 1:05 PM
Jun 29, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2010
Some people didn't even read that this episode's title has a freakin "EXTRA" behind the episode's title.

Fun filler. 7.5/10 (the derpy art went too far this episode), 9/10 series.
Jun 29, 2013 5:49 PM

Apr 2012
good anime even though the last episodes were weaker ^^
Jun 29, 2013 5:53 PM

May 2013
great serie
love yukino

overall 9/10
Jun 29, 2013 6:07 PM
Sep 2010
Yeah this show was great, glad I was able to watch it.
Jun 29, 2013 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
Ugh. The last episode didn't have impact. I think it would have been better to end it with the previous episode + the result (how people would react to Hachiman afterwards).

Jun 29, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
Solid Show, Episodes 5 and 12 were the best of the anime, 8/10 overall
Jun 29, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2013
Season 2 pls :(
Jun 29, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
Poorfag-chan said:

Yumiko version of Saber Lily:

Poorfag-chanJun 30, 2013 12:01 AM
Jun 29, 2013 9:38 PM

Mar 2013
HACHIMAAAN.:'D IM GONNA MISS YOU <33
seriously please guys. we need someone like hachiman in every anime series. jk
i love the ending. ~ lol Yay for BL. hahhaha <3
Season 2 pleaseeeeeeeee
Jun 29, 2013 11:52 PM

Feb 2013
Sad that this is over, the last episode was good, but I wish that it was different, just seemed like a normal episode to be, not a finale. I really enjoyed the series though, I hope a second season comes out. I love Hikki's negative outlook on everything
[/url]
Jun 30, 2013 12:52 AM

Nov 2007
Loved this anime! I do hope they make a sequel. But good shows hardly ever get sequels. :/

This episode so was so full of fun. At least we didn't have to see anything downing and what more, it was refreshing to know that their lives will remain festive, that's probably the only positive thing Hikigaya said about life in the entire anime!

Will miss both Yui and Yukino. Two of the most beautifully depicted female characters in recent slice of life genre anime. :)

5/5 for the episode and the overall rating remains 9/10 because of episode 12. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2013 1:44 AM
Feb 2012
Yet another show that gets a 9/10 from me. Absolutely loved Oregairu for being a refreshing kind of lovecom. I'd gladly watch a continuation of it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 30, 2013 2:14 AM

Sep 2010
Hikigaya's anti social thinking and actions are what made this series awesome..... Also Yui....

8/10
Jun 30, 2013 2:41 AM
Jan 2013
Sadly, this was the worst episode of the series. They manage bring up Zaimokuza and Ebina to the front page - but sacrificed tons of important development that was supposed happen in the last 3 episodes. Even though I do think script writing from this series was godly, this episode was surely a waste - just having 6 volume as an ending of the series should've been muuuuuuuuuuuch better.
Jun 30, 2013 3:43 AM
Dec 2012
Kitchiri said:
Sadly, this was the worst episode of the series. They manage bring up Zaimokuza and Ebina to the front page - but sacrificed tons of important development that was supposed happen in the last 3 episodes. Even though I do think script writing from this series was godly, this episode was surely a waste - just having 6 volume as an ending of the series should've been muuuuuuuuuuuch better.
Why can't people see that OreGairu's and HaMaou's last episode are not finale because they want to make a way for season two? I'm sure most of the studios have learnt how to milk a series...And I believe in Brains Base and White Fox (hopefully). Seeing both series' popularity, they are bound to get another season.... The only problem is the lack of material, I'm sure they will get another season in 2-3 years T.T or when the novels ended.
RaigrexJun 30, 2013 4:46 AM
Jun 30, 2013 5:24 AM

Jan 2010
Weak. Expect much, the anime was good until episode 8, then not evolved into anything, was on the same line and the characters do not come out of the same place, no development, no emotion, just a slice of life of a clubhouse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jun 30, 2013 6:26 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm I thought at episode 12 everyone hate him???

Lol 8man blushing & smiling for Saika
Saika!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone accept him as trap??!
I liked how 8man be a decoy for a decoy xD
Zaimokusa crusher!!! Loved that zero-sense naming
Well, but they still lost the match because of 8man's camouflage.. at least they won the war :)

Aaaahhhh nooo, I don't want it ended :(
Please I want to watch it next week too

Poorfag-chan said:
Poorfag-chan said:

Yumiko version of Saber Lily:

Lol this is perfect!!
Dummyshin said:
We need someone like hachiman in every anime series. jk
Season 2 pleaseeeeeeeee

No, I agree with you.. We need the wise&not dense teenager like him
Yes, let's wait :)

WillKamio said:
Weak. Expect much, the anime was good until episode 8, then not evolved into anything, was on the same line and the characters do not come out of the same place, no development, no emotion, just a slice of life of a clubhouse.

Just enjoy 8man's wise words & willing to sacrifice, also Saika xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 30, 2013 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
Really like this anime so much, especially Hachiman. Hope it can get new season in the future.

Jun 30, 2013 7:14 AM

Apr 2013
Kitchiri said:

I repeat this once more , THIS EPISODE IS OUTSIDE OF THE STORY.THERE WERE NO RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENTS , IT WAS JUST A FILLER .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 30, 2013 7:23 AM

May 2013
It's clear this episode was just a filler, which helped to lighten up the mood for the ending of the series.

However, Oregairu has gained a special place in my favourites, as well as introducing me to one of my most favourite characters around. An excellent series and, to me, the best in this season.

9/10 would watch again.

P.S. hoping for a second season in the future.
Hikigaya best character in the season and possibly the genre.
Jun 30, 2013 7:53 AM

Jul 2012
And thus another boring highschool anime ends without offering anything significant to anyone.

I can't understand why it gets 10/10s 9/10s and 8/10s for everywhere.
The Presentation was hardly average, it had absolutely NO story and the characters besides Hachiman were just plain retarded.

Probably the most Overrated anime of the season.

People who give this 10/10 probably don't understand what a masterpiece is and have probably never seen an atleast good looking anime, or an anime with an actual story.

sigh...
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 30, 2013 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
Orsonius said:
I can't understand why it gets 10/10s 9/10s and 8/10s for everywhere.
The Presentation was hardly average, it had absolutely NO story and the characters besides Hachiman were just plain retarded.
HARDLY average is right (I suggest you check up the meaning of "Hardly") - the presentation is brilliant and the skilfully done. The story of the development of relationship between characters is clear. And the use of words like "retarded" only make you look retarded yourself LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 30, 2013 9:24 AM
Jun 2013
Hey, hey, gaiz, remember how a few pages ago I said that not everyone would "get" this show? Yeah, good times.

How about we respect everyone's opinion, positive or negative, and not let other people's opinions sway our own views on this show (and other things in life).
Some people liked it and understood it, some people liked it but didn't understand it, some people did understand it but didn't like it and then there were those that didn't understand it and therefore didn't like it.

From what I've seen, most of the people that have voted this show poorly fall in the last category. Now, hold on, before you ready your fingers to type out a well structured three page response filled with arguments about how you're special and extremely intelligent and that you did get the show and that you thought it was terrible because so and so, I implore you to not do that. No one cares. You didn't like the show. Fine. I'm not writing this comment to rile people up or anything. I'm not insulting your intelligence or your interpretation skills. I just want everyone to behave in a... fairly civil manner. This goes out to the fanboys of this show as well. Just because someone doesn't like this show, doesn't mean you have to defend it to death and hurl insults at others. Just realize that in life there will always be someone with a different opinion than you about something. Just let it go.

The reason why I think people will have a problem with actually letting it go is because Hachiman is a perfect example of a self-insert character (because of how realistic he is). Some people will feel that when you insult/demean Hachiman (or the show), you're actually personally attacking their life experiences as well (because they can relate to them). So yeah, there's not a whole lot I can do about that, other than say ... let's try and get along, shall we?

However, with that said, people who don't like this show, do not make claims such as: the characters aren't interesting or developed, nothing happened, there was no story etc. Such claims are false.

From episode 3-4, I already knew that this show's greatest strength and weakness would be that it's EXTREMELY subtle. You need to pay attention to facial expressions, body language, think about double meanings behind certain lines/actions etc. in order to "get" why certain things are happening and why certain characters are behaving the way they are behaving.

It is revealed that Yukino lies. In what other instances has she told lies? (for instance in episode 7, near the end, when Yukino and Hikki are talking about that Rumi girl and how she reminds her of Yui. Wait, just Yui? Doesn't she remind you of yourself as well, Yukino? Why aren't you saying this? Or what about when Hachiman asks what her relation to Hayato is and she answers that their only connection is that their parents blabla. Is that really all there is to it?)

Hachiman also lies a few times, mostly to himself (in order to justify him not wanting to get close to people, so that he can't get hurt). The problem is the story is told from his point of view, so we assume that everything he tells is the absolute truth. But is it though?

There's a lot of speculation possible about certain characters and what their deal is. Like for instance Haruno and Hayato. We obviously don't know yet, because their story hasn't been told, but there's certainly depth to these characters.

This isn't a show where everything is handed to you on a platter. You have to actively connect the dots and rewatch certain scenes, paying close attention to detail.
There's no forced drama or forced exposition... or characters over reacting about their feelings etc. Sure there are scenes focusing on Totsuka and that girl that likes gay stuff etc (mostly for the sake of humor), but that's not what the core of the story is. It saddens me when I read people's comments and the only thing they picked up on is... lol that trap... super kawaii desu.

*deep internet breath*

There's also a lot of foreshadowing.

For instance, in the tennis match episode, remember how Yukino told Hachiman not to go join the tennis club because everyone would turn against him (also because she didn't want him to leave their club, because she hadn't "fixed" him yet)? Remember what happened in episodes 10 to 12? Yeah, bet you didn't make that connection.

Or how about in episode 2, where Yumiko asks people to go out with her to get ice cream or whatever. Did you notice how at first Hayato declines? But, oh, what's that, Yui and Yumiko suddenly started talking about Yukino. Wait, suddenly Hayato wants to go along with Yumiko? Why could that be?

And there are a ton of these little things spread out throughout the show.
So please, do not say that nothing happened. You just didn't pick up on them.

Which is fine, because maybe you weren't that interested or whatever.

So, with that said, Imma post an incredibly obnoxious TL;DR line and I apologize in advance, but it is the first thing that comes to mind when I read some of the comments posted here and when I look at shows you guys have given high ratings.

TL;DR - People giving this show a vote below 6 are doing so because: not enough forced drama, forced romance, forced character development, X-ploshuns and kamehameha spam.

*turns off fanboy rage mode*
snarlmaneJun 30, 2013 9:27 AM
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.