Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2009 11:04 AM
Jan 2008
I'm liking Ami more and more as the story progresses.
She's the one who's really fighting for her love behind the scenes, unsuspected by anyone. Like how she broke Minori's thoughts, not really a nice thing to do, but she's putting all chances she can to her side.
Minori actually slowly realizing that Ryuuji might be interested in her (or maybe she's becoming aware of her own feelings towards him) was nice also.
I don't really care about which girl Ryuuji ends up with, I like them all. Though I think Taiga or Ami would suit Ryuuji better, as those pairings complete eachother the best personnality-wise. Maybe all this closeness between Taiga and Ryuuji is just a decoy used by the director in order to make us thing everything's been decided already? I think it can go in all directions.
Jan 9, 2009 11:07 AM
May 2008
SHInoSHIkamaru said:
Paeru said:
Huh, such a great ep. At the beginning it wasn't anything special for me, but at the end it turned out to be really nice plot developing ep. And more Ami - yeeah, I want to know everything about her.

Ruuji is such cold-hearted guy, Ami told him how full of happiness life can be, when you have someone who can prepare good meals for you, and spend time with you, now he gave her meat and told that she is childish and should eat good food - you bastard, you should invite her, and prepare something, since she is alone....

I like Ami, so I'm a little bit angry :D

I too like Ami. And dude, we think so alike. Ryuuji knows that she is childish and can't cook. So he should invite her too. RyuujixAmi FTW

When Taiga got to Ryuuji's house and saw the food and said something like, "You made too much food for three people" I thought he invited Ami! But he didn't which I'm relieved. I don't like Ami and I don't like them to get together xD but as a man (and as Ryuuji) he should have invited her, isn't he? Uhhm...

I really want Ryuuji and Minorin to get together. They were so cute when they were looking at their picture and she seems like she understands something about Ryuuji.

I liked this episode. Character devolopment and such. I can't wait for next episode. I wish I started this show after its finished. But waiting what gives it value xD

I wonder what did the president said to Kitamura. I can't wait >.<
Jan 9, 2009 12:11 PM

Dec 2008
Definitly one of the best episodes yet.
I'd love to see more of Ami though.
She's defenitly my favorite character, I loved her since she first appeared.

I just hope it continues to be good.
Jan 9, 2009 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode XD

everyone treating Tiaga as a lucky-charm, lol!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2009 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
Naruleach said:
Defiance said:
It was an ok episode. The romantic progression has been practically at a stand-still for a few episodes now though, so that's starting to get a little frustrating. I mean these episodes are cool and all, but nothing is really happening.
this.

Double this.

Also, the suggestion that Kitamura could touch her wherever and as much as he wanted was just awesome. I am amazed at how Kitamura can be so abnormally unperverted and understanding when she slips up and says something like that. Maybe he's gay and/or a robot?
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Jan 9, 2009 3:01 PM

Sep 2008
THe more I watch this show, the more I like Ami...
My favorite character, no doubt.
Jan 9, 2009 4:08 PM

Dec 2008
Having done far too much reading into this series I have to agree with some of the spoilers I've seen in this topic.

That doesn't bother me any though as I don't think Kitamura and Taiga make a good pair anyway.

I do have one question though. Am I the only one who couldn't help but think of Minorin's lesbian comment from episode twelve as she was petting Taiga? Or is my mind just twisted by too many pervy things?

I still stand by my lovely OT3 of Ryuuji/Taiga/Minori but... not like that'll happen. Don' t know of any anime off hand that's delivered a threesome as the main.
Jan 9, 2009 5:35 PM

Oct 2008
I thought it was a good episode that showed slow, yet thoughtfully paced character development. The people who think nothing is happening, I don't think all actions need be grandiose to show explicit development. It's sometimes the small moments that happen which can be enough, as long as we catch them; but most of the time we miss them.

I wanted Ryuuj ix Minorin in the beginning, but now I'm kinda hoping for Ami to win. After developing her more now, it would kinda suck for Ami to be a tragic character like Satsuki in Ichigo 100%.
Jan 9, 2009 5:42 PM

May 2007
noteDhero said:
You know what...I'm definitely on the bandwagon with this one, the pacing for this episode was perfect. Very quick when it was light, and then very even when we were getting to some of the character moments. I was bemused throughout the whole episode, and laughed a few times. If the rest of the show can be like this, then I'll definitely have understood all the hype around this show.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Jan 9, 2009 6:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
VERY GOOD character development, one of the most serious episodes.

Full of comedic moments even if the overall tone is pretty serious.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 9, 2009 6:46 PM

Nov 2008
Even the more minor plot line stories that would border on fillers in other shows are turned into absolute gold in Toradora. Another great episode. I can't remember an anime that has had so much positive reception from the rom/com community.
AnistylezJan 9, 2009 6:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 9, 2009 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
Yay Sakura finally appears! :D
I can't wait how her character is reviewed.
But Taiga is as cute as ever
Finally some love action ya noe ;]
Jan 9, 2009 10:29 PM

Jun 2008
Such a lovely episode!!!

I never saw before an episode so cute like this one... it moved me.. >_<
Toradora rox!
lol
Jan 9, 2009 10:40 PM

Jun 2007
Great ep! Looks like Taiga bought a pic of Ryuugi! She was looking at one when he told her the number to the other pic.

Updated Relationship chart since a lot has happen since ep 10.
Jan 9, 2009 10:43 PM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:
This is my problem with this anime right now, nowhere on that chart will you find "is in a relationship with" because NOBODY IS DOING ANYTHING. I mean, I don't want this to turn into a drama festival of relationships but something has got to happen.
Jan 9, 2009 11:13 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Defiance said:
DeathfireD said:
This is my problem with this anime right now, nowhere on that chart will you find "is in a relationship with" because NOBODY IS DOING ANYTHING. I mean, I don't want this to turn into a drama festival of relationships but something has got to happen.
LOL SO TRUE. and thanks DeathfireD for the awesome chart :D
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 10, 2009 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
so a really deep episode, with everybody wants their dreames to come true. in the end ryuuji is the only one who can really understand ami.

Jan 10, 2009 12:22 AM

Nov 2008
sniW said:
vaberella said:
Question what does OP and ED mean in the context of animes?!
OP == opening animation/theme song. ED == ending animation/theme song. :P

vaberella said:
Although I notice a push by posters for RyuujixMinorin/TaigaxKitamura. I'm still of like mind to support RyuujixTaiga for the fact that they're relationship is the most well developed and shows full dependency. Great news about this ep, so I'm excited to see the new ep with subs.
Yeah..Ryuuji and Taiga both still seem really nervous when it comes to talking to Minori/Kitamura. But when Ryuuji and Taiga talk to each other, they don't really hold back at all, which is probably a good sign (but could also lead to being friend-zone'd).

Thanks so much for the update. I find that best friends have the most lasting relationships. :D

Kiseki said:
so a really deep episode, with everybody wants their dreames to come true. in the end ryuuji is the only one who can really understand ami.

I don't agree. I think Ryuuji is the most sensitive to all the females but I didn't see he could understand Ami. I found he's far more understanding of Taiga and that was throughout this episode than he was of Ami.

Keep in mind I love all things Ami and I don't have a problem if anything should happen between Ami and Ryuuji. However, I do have to say that he was actually sort of mean and very indifferent to Ami. Look at the beginning when he clearly said "he didn't care" and her face. Or when he said he's worried about Taiga and came to get her a drink. The man has one lady on his mind when he takes a break from Minorin and it's not Ami, to her dismay.

I think at the end of the ep, he inadvertently managed to fulfill something she was questioning. Whether to stay or go and if she had anything worthwhile by staying where she is. She found by Ryuuji's offhanded concern the thing she needed to dash any linger doubts.

But to say that Ryuuji in some way understands Ami, is far from realistic, especially based on the episode.

DeathfireD said:
Great ep! Looks like Taiga bought a pic of Ryuugi! She was looking at one when he told her the number to the other pic.

I saw the pic you might have thought was Ryuuji, it was actually a pic of Kitamura at the bottom. I just checked the video, since I remember seeing Kitamura not Ryuuji. Remember it was Kitamura with the white shirt and it was Ryuuji with a dark shirt, possibly navy blue. The other pic was a picture of Kitamura/Taiga.

So no, not Ryuuji but Kitamura. She's been consistent so far.

By the way I love the chart. I agree with the set up completely.
vaberellaJan 10, 2009 12:45 AM
Jan 10, 2009 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
If the rumour is true.. I would really wanna touch Taiga >.<

Jan 10, 2009 12:55 AM

Nov 2008
AsianQuickSilver said:
Also I have a good idea of what the Student President said to Kitamura, as it would relate to what's going to happen in the next episode.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR FUTURE EPISODES DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT IT SPOILED

I've been in support of this relationship since episode 3 when she first showed up. So I'm glad there's more progression there. I definitely think there should be more there and I figured the feelings were mutual for both. At first, and after ep 12/13 I was a bit worried it was going to be a very professional relationship. However, after this ep, I doubt it.

It's also a bit weird considering she's his senpai and how that might go over. But I wouldn't mind this pairing as long as Kitamura has more development in the future.

Defiance said:
DeathfireD said:

Hmmm, it's called character development. Remember there is no development of the characters, or the side characters that are included in the relationship.

I know next to NOTHING about Kitamura. To me, even with his scenes, he's cardboard. That's why I liked this episode seems to set him up for meaning and having something more going on. In the last three eps I've been getting more on Kitamura and Minorin.

I still utterly dislike Minorin, for her stupidity as a whole, but I have to say that she's definitely been given a lot more consideration and she's far less one dimensional. Kitamura however, has not reached any sort of level. Out of the three, meaning the side characters like Ami, Kitamura, and Minorin; Ami had the most development. You know her character almost as well as we know Taiga and Ryuuji. However it's not until a few eps before the last 2 that we've been getting more Minorin and up to recently more on Kitamura.

In my assessment Kitamura has long moved past any interest in Taiga. Taiga may be going gaga over Kitamura but he's over it. He's still kind to her and likes her up front personality but she's becoming more like Ami in his eyes, which is more sister like. When I see him with the President, and if you notice he's being built around the Madame President...there's definitely more going on there. I actually see him less confident and uncertain. In her case I see her being built around him as well and they have this rather unusual relationship that I find refreshing. It's like quiet interest. It's good to watch and I want to see more of that.

I find however Taiga is trying to grasp something that's lost to her and definitely won't come back. She's probably more invested in Kitamura because he was the only boy to have the balls to have an interest in her and let her know; but added to that her feelings for him are probably easier to understand for her than those for Ryuuji. There's not doubt she feels something for him based on the earlier eps so I'm going that route. I may be jumping the gun a bit but it's a fitting conclusion.

I found this ep was good for Taiga and Ryuuji and most all the other characters to solidify their positions. We know Taiga has a thing for Kitamura, Ryuuji has reached a point where he's blantantly easy with his feelings for both Ami and Minorin. He's clearly infatuated with Minorin, who's now realizing how much he really is into her. And he's most definitely NOT infatuated with Ami and ONLY sees her as a friend.

Ami has now realized who she is and she's becoming more mature and dumping the princess attitude. At first there was a mask to hide the spoiled princess attitude but now the mask is becoming who she really is and she's made some great friends. I always liked the character and her development is definitely the most entertaining.

I love Ya-chan and I'm glad she did that for Taiga. They're together and that was the first time I actually saw her as a mum, than just the cool big sister who was called "mum." :D

Last Note: The art work was at it's best in this ep!! I really liked it.
vaberellaJan 10, 2009 1:18 AM
Jan 10, 2009 4:15 AM

Oct 2008
Naruleach said:
Defiance said:
DeathfireD said:
LOL SO TRUE. and thanks DeathfireD for the awesome chart :D

I agree. The show is being dragged at the moment specially when Ami told Minorin that a picture is a mere picture. How long is it going to take Minorin to find out that Ryuuji has a crush on her when Ryuji and Minori aren't even the main couple XD Let alone the time it'll take Ryuuji and Taiga to be together. I'm guessing it'll be rushed since we're already in episode 14 and nothing happend yet.

Jan 10, 2009 4:40 AM

Jul 2008
An enjoyable and wholesome episode. I continue to enjoy the ride that is Toradora!
Jan 10, 2009 4:54 AM

Feb 2008
Zetsubou1117 said:
AsianQuickSilver said:

Also I have a good idea of what the Student President said to Kitamura, as it would relate to what's going to happen in the next episode.
MAJOR SPOILER FOR FUTURE EPISODES DONT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT IT SPOILED
I guessed as much. It probably will end up being that way.

Mmmhhh..... I see that differently!

Furthermore I have a question that bothers me quite a lot after this episode. I would be very thankfull if someone could clear up this scene for me:

Minorin realises that Ryuuji has strong feelings for her, when she notices that he wants to buy picture 85. Minorin herself didnt consider to take that picture until that very moment. So, in order to keep up the friendship with Ryuuji she says that she of course wanted to take that picture as well and puts it on her letter.
Afterwards she sits in the classroom staring at the number 85 on her letter, looking rather depressed. Then suddenly she covers the 85 with her hand, when Ami shows up telling her that pictures are only pictures.

What does this scene wants to tell me? Maybe Im a blockhead right now....

Otherwise again an awesome episode! ^^
I laughed so hard when Taiga was picking Amis nose and one of the side characters (Haruta?) was saying "its uncensored" . I was literally rolling on the floor. :]

FTGTJan 10, 2009 5:02 AM
Jan 10, 2009 5:41 AM

May 2008
Unfortunately after reading a synopsis on the latest Novel, it seems like Toradora goes down a predictable path.
Jan 10, 2009 5:49 AM

Oct 2008
DeltaPlus said:
Unfortunately after reading a synopsis on the latest Novel, it seems like Toradora goes down a predictable path.

Like her and ryuuji getting together? Oh please! As if we couldn't tell by reading the summary! :P
Jan 10, 2009 6:01 AM

Nov 2008
FTGT said:

Furthermore I have a question that bothers me quite a lot after this episode. I would be very thankfull if someone could clear up this scene for me:

Minorin realises that Ryuuji has strong feelings for her, when she notices that he wants to buy picture 85. Minorin herself didnt consider to take that picture until that very moment. So, in order to keep up the friendship with Ryuuji she says that she of course wanted to take that picture as well and puts it on her letter.
Afterwards she sits in the classroom staring at the number 85 on her letter, looking rather depressed. Then suddenly she covers the 85 with her hand, when Ami shows up telling her that pictures are only pictures.

What does this scene wants to tell me? Maybe Im a blockhead right now....

Otherwise again an awesome episode! ^^
I laughed so hard when Taiga was picking Amis nose and one of the side characters (Haruta?) was saying "its uncensored" . I was literally rolling on the floor. :]

My interpretation is that Minorin is really not interested in Ryuuji. Which is similar to the way Ryuuji is aware of Ami's feelings but not interested. However there is a difference.

In the case of Minorin, I don't think this is the first time she realized Ryuuji's feelings. I do think she was fully aware of it for a while and she definitely knew where he was going when they were at Ami's beach house. However, I think she realized that Ryuuji wasn't brushing over the emotion or giving up on her; and so I believe she came to realize the EXTENT of Ryuuji's feelings when she saw his sudden interest in picture 85.

I think she was moved by Ryuuji and maybe felt forced into choosing that picture, because you clearly hear her say...."I'll choose that picture for the memory." To me that was her further clarifying her feelings to Ryuuji. She ONLY sees him as a friend and nothing more. I saw no other reason for her to stress that point. Likewise Ryuuji took no offence to the statement and I think Ryuuji is quite happy in his little world...infatuated with Minorin than actually BEING with Minorin if you get my meaning. This is similar to Taiga. They both get a kick out of being into the image of their infatuations more so than when they are near their infatuation. I find Ryuuji a tad bit uninvolved when he's around Minorin, and Taiga is a basket case around Kitamura.

In regards to Minorin covering up the 5 in the 85. I don't think she's aware of Ami's feelings. I think her reason behind it was to kill any rumors that might start if they saw numbers 85. I say this because I'm unsure if she knew it was Ami coming up behind her. She just seemed worried over the number and I think again it goes back to her seeing the extent of Ryuuji's feelings and feeling burdened by it because she probably doesn't know how to deal with it; besides what she's done so far. If she was aware of Ami coming up behind her she didn't want Ami reading into the relationship. Or she didn't want anyone who might have recognized the pic by the number read into the reason she put the pic as one of her choices.

Rumors in this school run like hot cakes and everyone is easily paired up. She looks like she wants any rumor that might start to NOT start so she did what she did. Ami looks like she was fully aware of the picture and put out a warning of sorts, as to not read into the meaning behind the pic.

Overall though I just think it's a Minorin dealing with Ryuuji's feelings and figuring out a way to make sure that he's aware she's not interested. Because so far she has not done anything that implies she's interested in him.

On a side note and in my earlier post Kitamura has not shown anything to suggest interested in Taiga. Well anything besides a very good friend.

DeltaPlus said:

Can you tell us in spoilers? If you mean TaigaxRyuuji? I think it's the best and most established relationship we've seen that could develop into a realistic romantic pair. The other characters are still developing themselves before I see them as a good match.

Rebella said:

I agree. The show is being dragged at the moment specially when Ami told Minorin that a picture is a mere picture. How long is it going to take Minorin to find out that Ryuuji has a crush on her when Ryuji and Minori aren't even the main couple XD Let alone the time it'll take Ryuuji and Taiga to be together. I'm guessing it'll be rushed since we're already in episode 14 and nothing happend yet.

Well I've said this before but there are two things to take into consideration. The show is in dire need of character development. They have just recently started building on Kitamura with Minorin extremely lacking and Ami coming out the best developed of the three. While I find Ami still under developed.

I wouldn't expect romance when they're trying to build a wholesome story and then a wholesome relationship on very well developed characters. Minorin to me is a flake, and they still need to build on her greatly before she's worth her weight and Kitamura is the worst of the lot when it comes to development.

They're now working on it and keep in mind they have a lot of characters to work with. Secondly I think Minorin is fully aware of Ryuuji's feelings. This was aparent since the boat house. I think it's after seeing this last ep that she realizes the extent of it and of course that Ryuuji is not giving up even though she blew him off several times.

Plus I don't know if it will be rushed. There was a rumor a while ack they were going to do a part two to the series so, I'd expect more to happen. It might end on a positive not for RyuujixTaiga supporters but it might not be a culmination to the relationship. More so end up a prelude to more high jinx and maybe Ami not giving up.
vaberellaJan 10, 2009 6:09 AM
Jan 10, 2009 6:35 AM

May 2008

It might be different for the T.V Series but i doubt it.
TechnicsMKIIJan 10, 2009 6:40 AM
Jan 10, 2009 7:20 AM

Nov 2008
DeltaPlus said:

Figured and ditto. I have no problems with it. Were there any other possible pairings?
Jan 10, 2009 9:26 AM

Feb 2008
vaberella said:

Overall though I just think it's a Minorin dealing with Ryuuji's feelings and figuring out a way to make sure that he's aware she's not interested. Because so far she has not done anything that implies she's interested in him.

Thanks for the explanation vaberella . That clears things up a bit. ^^
Jan 10, 2009 10:10 AM
Mar 2008
Great episode, nice character development. Six boobs is okay too... I guess.
Jan 10, 2009 10:20 AM

Oct 2008
WTFwasThat said:

Has Total Recall taught us nothing?! 3 boobs is more than enough.

This series is just going to e one season right? I mean, how many books left are there?
Jan 10, 2009 11:12 AM

May 2007
Omg.
Freud would be loving this series.

I've never saw such character development before.
Those characters seem so real.
I'm amazed. The autor is a genius.

Taiga is starting to get on my nerves again, though not as baddly as before.
As for Minorin, she keeps on sinking in my opinion, though she is indeed an awesome character.
Takasu is awesome, though i would like that he started noticing Ami more.
He and Taiga are not suited for each other (they look much more as father and dauther or brothers then lovers), neither him and Minorin.
They simply don't fit. He likes her, but it doesn't mean the will have and sucessful relationship. Just like in reallity.

And that is friggin impressive.
Reallity applies here.

I'm all for Takasu and Ami. He simply completes her perfectly.
Jan 10, 2009 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Liked it, actually more than the past few episodes
Jan 10, 2009 11:48 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode, it seems that both Minori and Ami are starting to show feelings here.
Jan 10, 2009 6:11 PM

Nov 2008
I am kind of hoping for Ryuuji x Minorin because if that happens, Minorin gets with the guy that I like more. Kitamura is not as solid of a character so far as Ryuuji, so I'd want Minorin to get with the guy that I like more so lol. That's because she slightly edges out Taiga in terms of favorites, not because she is a bad character, but she reminds me too much of Louise. I love both Minorin and Taiga, but even though I know it probably won't happen, I'd like to see Minorin and Ryuuji have at least ONE kiss lol. That'd be good. Even if it is before Taiga x Ryuuji.

So basically, I want both to happen LOL.

IMO Ami is the character there to make up the numbers. She will be the bittersweet story of Toradora that ends up with nobody. It will be Taiga x Ryuuji, Kitamura x Minorin.

It would be a big swerve if there was any other combination.

Toradora has been unique in the way it presents itself so far so It wouldn't surprise me if the director did shake it up to make it unpredictable, only to change it back right at the death of the anime lol. It's getting close to the end now though, so we can probably expect some mega development in the next episode or two.
AnistylezJan 10, 2009 6:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 10, 2009 6:30 PM

Apr 2008
I was wondering how things will go for the main Toradora group after the festival in episode 13. Looks like things are not really all that different, the legend of palm top tiger of happiness? Seemed to come out of nowhere but at the same time it fits in the most amusing way.

I'm curious about Ami's phone call, though the ending revealed a lot about her, I'm still curious since she's not a character who reveals her deep thoughts as clearly as Ryuji and Taiga.

The anime seems to go in circles with the triangles and squares of the main characters but that's part of its charm, anyone could end up with anyone, even if many are expecting Taiga and Ryuji to somehow end up together, there are still some mysteries with the others and even with the main two there are still other possibilities.

I'm pretty open when it comes to Toradora shippings and like several combinations. So far my favorite is RyujixTaiga, though I don't mind if either is paired up with someone else.
Fantasy Bit: Links to all my sites and the sites I joined. Games, fanfiction, fanart, blog, forums and more.
Jan 10, 2009 11:13 PM

Nov 2008
ironchefflip said:
WTFwasThat said:

This series is just going to e one season right? I mean, how many books left are there?

Rumor has it, that there's enough there and it might actually go to two or even three seasons not counting OVA's. So one never knows. I think though the second season is more of a definite than the others. I'm hoping and praying that there's a live action version.

Swiftstylez said:
I am kind of hoping for Ryuuji x Minorin because if that happens, Minorin gets with the guy that I like more. Kitamura is not as solid of a character so far as Ryuuji, so I'd want Minorin to get with the guy that I like more so lol. That's because she slightly edges out Taiga in terms of favorites, not because she is a bad character, but she reminds me too much of Louise. I love both Minorin and Taiga, but even though I know it probably won't happen, I'd like to see Minorin and Ryuuji have at least ONE kiss lol. That'd be good. Even if it is before Taiga x Ryuuji.

IMO Ami is the character there to make up the numbers. She will be the bittersweet story of Toradora that ends up with nobody. It will be Taiga x Ryuuji, Kitamura x Minorin.

Toradora has been unique in the way it presents itself so far so It wouldn't surprise me if the director did shake it up to make it unpredictable, only to change it back right at the death of the anime lol. It's getting close to the end now though, so we can probably expect some mega development in the next episode or two.

Why do people automatically put Kitamura with Minorin. There is absolutely nothing there. I mean out of all the characters there really is NOTHING between them. Unless you can give me something concrete that has them as a possible potential couple.

I would sooner see Ami with Kitamura because they have friendship history since they were children and he was the one that told her to come to their area. I could definitely see Kitamura and Madame President because they are building Kitamura's character around Madame President and vice versa. But nothing about Kitamura is built around Minorin except the first episode as he's the one to formerly introduce Minorin to Ryuuji. Beyond that there has been nothing and Minorin has really been built up about her romantic drama in relation to Ryuuji.

I barely see them as close friends just good acquaintances because they're on the softball/baseball team together. There is nothing else there. With Madame President you even see a possibility of romantic tension. Has there been any with Minorin and Kitamura? Not one drop, unless you can prove me wrong. A moment of not romantic tension but just a clue into how close Ami and Kitamura are is at the beach house when Ami asks Kitamura why he's there and that he's never missed a club meeting before.

There are a lot of developments but the idea of KitamuraxMinorin is far from the realm of possibility. I don't think it's fair to say that because they're the left overs of or would-be former love interests of RyuujixTaiga that it would mean they are automatic pairs. The series has definitely not built that pairing and I haven't seen it translated in the comics yet.
Jan 11, 2009 2:13 AM

Jun 2007
DeltaPlus said:

I think we all know the outcome but some of us want it to be diffrent XD. Personally, I'm fine with that outcome you have under the spoilers.
Jan 11, 2009 2:54 AM

Mar 2008
Hmmmmmm I wonder *looks around* .......... *pokes Taiga on computer screen* damn nothing yet =P

oh well the episode made me momentarily happy at least =]
Jan 11, 2009 4:26 AM

Oct 2008
Ryushi said:
Omg.

As for Minorin, she keeps on sinking in my opinion, though she is indeed an awesome character.
He and Taiga are not suited for each other (they look much more as father and dauther or brothers then lovers), neither him and Minorin.
They simply don't fit. He likes her, but it doesn't mean the will have and sucessful relationship. Just like in reallity.

Reallity applies here.

Are you serious?
I don't know. For me what's happening right now is just drags. The only character development I'm seeing is Ami. Minorin is weird.
Jan 11, 2009 4:29 AM

Nov 2008
Minorin is weird funny xD ,,

Rebella said:

The only character development I'm seeing is Ami.

Jan 11, 2009 10:26 AM

Nov 2008
Rebella said:
Ryushi said:
Omg.

Reallity applies here.

Are you serious?
I don't know. For me what's happening right now is just drags. The only character development I'm seeing is Ami. Minorin is weird.

I'm seeing little Minorin development but I really can't stand the character. Her stupidity early on was pointless. Now she's less stupid, but still annoying.

Ami is great, always liked that character. It could be because in some ways she reminds me of Taiga and I understand her. Minorin has nothing I understand.
Jan 11, 2009 2:13 PM

Nov 2008
vaberella said:
ironchefflip said:
WTFwasThat said:

Rumor has it, that there's enough there and it might actually go to two or even three seasons not counting OVA's. So one never knows. I think though the second season is more of a definite than the others. I'm hoping and praying that there's a live action version.

Swiftstylez said:

Why do people automatically put Kitamura with Minorin. There is absolutely nothing there. I mean out of all the characters there really is NOTHING between them. Unless you can give me something concrete that has them as a possible potential couple.

I would sooner see Ami with Kitamura because they have friendship history since they were children and he was the one that told her to come to their area. I could definitely see Kitamura and Madame President because they are building Kitamura's character around Madame President and vice versa. But nothing about Kitamura is built around Minorin except the first episode as he's the one to formerly introduce Minorin to Ryuuji. Beyond that there has been nothing and Minorin has really been built up about her romantic drama in relation to Ryuuji.

I barely see them as close friends just good acquaintances because they're on the softball/baseball team together. There is nothing else there. With Madame President you even see a possibility of romantic tension. Has there been any with Minorin and Kitamura? Not one drop, unless you can prove me wrong. A moment of not romantic tension but just a clue into how close Ami and Kitamura are is at the beach house when Ami asks Kitamura why he's there and that he's never missed a club meeting before.

There are a lot of developments but the idea of KitamuraxMinorin is far from the realm of possibility. I don't think it's fair to say that because they're the left overs of or would-be former love interests of RyuujixTaiga that it would mean they are automatic pairs. The series has definitely not built that pairing and I haven't seen it translated in the comics yet.

Can you please just watch the spoilers there lol. I don't read the comics and don't want to know what has or hasn't happened.

Anyway,

I am basing this on other anime I have seen. They will have an influx of activity in the dying stages of the anime, and it has been subtly hinted throughout. If you watch attentively you can see it, however it is not overt. I think Taiga was turned down in the first couple of episodes because he likes Minorin. They have something going on behind the scenes, you can see it in the way they interact with each other lol.

It's just the pure gut feeling you get from watching so many Romantic Comedies. They have set it up for those couples to pair off. Ami was the intruder extra.

Jan 11, 2009 5:19 PM

Nov 2008
Swiftstylez said:
vaberella said:
ironchefflip said:
WTFwasThat said:

Swiftstylez said:

Can you please just watch the spoilers there lol. I don't read the comics and don't want to know what has or hasn't happened.

Anyway,

I am basing this on other anime I have seen. They will have an influx of activity in the dying stages of the anime, and it has been subtly hinted throughout. If you watch attentively you can see it, however it is not overt. I think Taiga was turned down in the first couple of episodes because he likes Minorin. They have something going on behind the scenes, you can see it in the way they interact with each other lol.

It's just the pure gut feeling you get from watching so many Romantic Comedies. They have set it up for those couples to pair off. Ami was the intruder extra.

What spoilers?! Nothing I've said is a spoiler. Mention one place where I said a spoiler?

Everything I said is based entirely on the show itself. Not the manga. The manga isn't even finished being translated. The show is actually more advanced than the manga I've read. The manga translation just reached the swimming battle. You already saw that in the show about 5-7 episodes ago. So there was ZERO spoilers in my post, unless of course you can name one.

As for the rest of what you said,
I ALWAYS watch shows I favor attentively. I rewatch and rewatch to oblivion. Again there is NOTHING there, you're not even giving me an example of this sprinkled throughout. You can't base what you've seen in other animes as the sole generalized viewing for all of them.

In this regard I don't see much if any Minorin and Kitamura as of late. Most of their association is through their friends (which is lightly) and through baseball. Working together to scare the others is not romantic association. All in all their ALL friends, that doesn't mean I see them all macking one another.

However Kitamura who had little development until recently is being developed around both Madame President and Taiga alone. Not Minorin, so how is it possible that Minorin and Kitamura are a logical couple?

Sure some respects of this show are predictable. But that doesn't mean all of them are. When a guy posted his spoilers...I wanted to know more of other pairings than the ones s/he listed.
Jan 11, 2009 8:28 PM

Jul 2008
At the beginning of the episode the girl thanking Taiga sounded like Nia Teppelin. I'm probably imagining things. xD

BEGINNER
Jan 11, 2009 9:29 PM

Aug 2008
Taiga picking at Ami's nose and rubbing it on her skirt was just priceless xD
And that & more Ami/minorin developments make this episode awesome!
sniW said:
Just finished airing. Everyone on 2ch was expecting the OP to be different. Ah well.

Isn't it the ending that usually changes first than the OP? I recall that in most anime that have 20-or-so episodes have their EDs changed more often... I been watching lots of different stuff lately, so I might be wrong in the statistics :P

Is good to see that the Minorin&Ryuugi develepments are starting to get more pronounced... Ami seems to have a crush on him also. That would make these series a harem(ya, I consider all anime in which 3+ girls like the same guy harems ;]) right? I'm rooting over Taiga btw, but that might change in the future.

Anyway, this anime makes it clear that Rie-sama's just perfect for the roles of tsundere lolis ^^
Jan 11, 2009 11:38 PM

Nov 2006
lmfao @ ero-inkochan in the preview.
Jan 12, 2009 1:19 AM

Nov 2008
windy said:
lmfao @ ero-inkochan in the preview.

I have two questions for you...

What is the name of the show the art for your signature comes from? I notice the girl has a patch, I'm curious to see if it is an anime.

Secondly, was it just me or did you notice that there seemed to be a finger in her mouth?! I was suspicious if it was Taiga.
Jan 12, 2009 1:34 AM

Jul 2008
I'm still hoping for the Ryuuji x Ami pairing, but I know I wont get it. Minorin just gets on my nerves. -_-;
Jan 12, 2009 4:54 AM

Nov 2008
"The series has definitely not built that pairing and I haven't seen it translated in the comics yet" - That's the bit that may have been a spoiler for what WON'T happen lol. I was just making sure.

The reason that it is likely is because this show will end up pairing of friends that get along well with each other, into intimate relationships. Whilst there was nothing romantically suggestive about them teaming up to play pranks, they got along a lot better. They are comfortable with each other. Even Ami said about Minorin x Ryuuji: "She is the Sun, you are the moon. She'll just burn you up." That makes you think that the people who are the most comfortable will fall for each other. Have you not noticed how awkward any other combination is around each other? This is a significant thing you have to pay attention to in order to guess the end result. Taiga x Kitamura is kind of off the cards as well, as he has made it clear from episode two that he wants to be no more than good friends with her. By the same token he wants only for her happiness but, and that is with Ryuuji. This disproves that the dance scene was anything romantic... I think he just doesn't want her to feel lonely whilst Ryuuji is slowly realizing the "thing that is hidden from the world".

The thing about seeing ghosts is also another good example of this. Also, the opening sequence about finding that something that the world hides from you so that everyone can't have it. That also falls into the theme of not realizing what good things are to come. Toradora is all about the friendships become closer, and that is why it is most probably going to happen.

This is why the opening sequence supports Ryuuji x Taiga, Minorin x Kitamura, Coupled with the ghost analogy:

"In this world everyone has something they haven't seen before" - All of them have not seen love

"That's very kind, very sweet" - Another person's love

"If it could be seen, everyone would probably want it too" - Both of these pairs of friends are unable to presently see this good thing, as it's "like a ghost", waiting to be discovered.

"That's why the world hid that, not to let people get hold of it so easily" - Because everyone would want it

"However, someone will find it one day

There will be one person, to find it...

That's what the thing is"

Ryuuji x Taiga (It is Tiger x Dragon after all)
Minorin x Kitamura
Ami x nobody (They have no brought up anything to do with the childhood friendship since way back. It was just a way to introduce her into the picture, and if Kitamura liked her I'm sure he would have made a move by now.)

As I said though, I would love it if I was wrong..but I highly doubt it.
AnistylezJan 12, 2009 5:08 AM

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.