Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2009
Niyawa said:
>People actually believed Urobutcher would make a go-happy ending.

My sides, it's all over again.

He stated it will be. 4 more episodes.
Jun 2, 2013 11:44 AM

Aug 2011
Oh. Oh. OH. My god.

That. I don't.

WHAT.

I'm not sure if there are people thought this twist was textbook obvious but I was shocked. Like hell. I was literally on the same page as Ledo. The minute I saw the baby Hideauze, I knew something was wrong. They looked too human. Oh my god. How is Ledo going to cope.

That was the best twist revealed in the most perfect manner ever. It was so elaborately explained as well.

Oh my god. I just.

10000/5
Jun 2, 2013 11:45 AM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
The director said the ending is "gray that is overwhelmingly white" and he has repeated similar things several times. Nobody (at least not the staff) ever said it will be a go-happy ending.

I'm aware of that, I was making a reference to a few of the fanbase who doubted it and thought this time we'd have a "happy ending" for the show. Knowing it was Urobutcher that is behind this, I was just waiting for the twist.

For those interested in what might come next: bingo!

bastek66 said:
He stated it will be. 4 more episodes.

Source?

Feb 2009
Pesti13nce said:
Did anyone else's heart sink a little when chamber did what he did at the end, with the humanoid looking one?

Not really, and the fact the Hideauze are genetically enhance human don't made them less an enemy. Look how powerful they have became in space, weak unmodified human doesn't a chance and you all should know what happen when we are not in top of the food chain.

Sep 2012
tingy said:
Pesti13nce said:
Did anyone else's heart sink a little when chamber did what he did at the end, with the humanoid looking one?

Yes I pretty much yelled, "CHAMBER NO!!!" D: That human looking one actually didn't look that aggressive either. Looks like Ledo is really starting to think for himself what is right or wrong, such as the uneasy he feeling he got from killing the baby whalesquids and at the end when he screamed. Doesn't Chamber usually need to confirm with Ledo before he does anything? Or maybe not...but if he is supposed to, he just acted on his in the end there. The "mouth" of the whalesquid is atrocious/creepy, gave me goosebumps during the flashback scene with Pinion. Oh man, I need time to process this twist. So I wonder what's the real information? Chamber said that most of it was probably not reliable, but maybe it's because the Galactic Alliance altered their information?

I feel u man TT______TT
Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:

Though the Hideazue were shown to be as intelligent as humans (they seized the worm hole technology), so their relative ignorance on Earth makes one wonder what happened to it. Probably these were abandoned by the space Hideazue and never had a means of learning.

Those aren't Hideazue, they are just normal whale squid. The only Hideazue there, was the little girl that was left behind, and ledo killed her! Then again those baby ones look like modified version, so I suppose they just regressed if that is the case.
Jun 2, 2013 11:48 AM
Aug 2012
So this is what i think.
There are 2 factions. The "Evolver" and "Continental Union".
The Evolver research genetics and they successfully evolve a human into a hybrid squid-like being, A.K.A Hideauze. Hideauze are capable of surviving in space, i think thats how they evolve to such level as seen in episode 1.
The Continental Union oppose the idea of Evolver, they fight against the Evolver. The Human Galactic Alliance which was known as The Continental Union, brainwash every human to fight against the Hideauze, which is actually a HUMAN.
Jun 2, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2010
Link2thepast said:
Mind blow 0_________0

Inside my brain....

Finish watching new episode time to process the whole episode..........Loading..............Error, The information to be process is too big and heave...............SYSTEM IS SHUT DOWN.... *Repeat several time....*

Jun 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Apr 2012
Ami?
Aug 2012
skudoops said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Though the Hideazue were shown to be as intelligent as humans (they seized the worm hole technology), so their relative ignorance on Earth makes one wonder what happened to it. Probably these were abandoned by the space Hideazue and never had a means of learning.

Those aren't Hideazue, they are just normal whale squid. The only Hideazue there, was the little girl that was left behind, and ledo killed her! Then again those baby ones look like modified version, so I suppose they just regressed if that is the case.

LEDO DIDN'T KILL HER, CHAMBER DID :C

Aug 2011
AoiMizu said:

Look like Shinsekai yori's Queerat...a breed between human and rat/guinea pig!

Shit, I was thinking the whole Hideauze thing seemed familiar - it's very similar to the queerats!

Now I'm just wondering if the Hideauze are still intelligent or not, because that'd change a lot in my eyes. Right now I can't see them as human.
Aug 2012
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?
Jun 2, 2013 11:52 AM

Jan 2010
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Damn!

Jun 2, 2013 11:54 AM

Feb 2009
I think Ledo is overacting, I've never seen such a rapid change of heart after years of hatred of the Hideauze.
Jun 2, 2013 11:55 AM
Aug 2011
Some stuff about another anime belong in a spoiler.

But damn that was pretty amazing and messed up in several different ways.
It was thrilling though I was on the edge of my seat for the entire episosde.
BakaNiiNii said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?

Yeah for a split second I thought it was Ami as well but all the girls in this show suffer from same-face so I wasn't too sure.
Jun 2, 2013 11:56 AM
Oct 2010
BakaNiiNii said:
So this is what i think.
The Evolver research genetics and they successfully evolve a human into a hybrid squid-like being, A.K.A Hideauze. Hideauze are capable of surviving in space, i think thats how they evolve to such level as seen in episode 1.
The Continental Union oppose the idea of Evolver, they fight against the Evolver. The Human Galactic Alliance which was known as The Continental Union, brainwash every human to fight against the Hideauze, which is actually a HUMAN.
Not just what you think, it's pretty much what was stated/implied.

MaxCrazy7 said:
I think Ledo is overacting, I've never seen such a rapid change of heart after years of hatred of the Hideauze.
Really? I think it's natural to be in shock after learning that pretty much everything he was told was a lie.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 2, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 2009
Mother of twist, didn't expect that whalesquids were part of human ...
And the cute little innocent baby girl whalesquid near the end ... my heart ...
SSY references
Jun 2, 2013 11:57 AM

Jan 2010
parfaited said:
Some stuff about another anime belong in a spoiler.

But damn that was pretty amazing and messed up in several different ways.
It was thrilling though I was on the edge of my seat for the entire episosde.
BakaNiiNii said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?

Yeah for a split second I thought it was Ami as well but all the girls in this show suffer from same-face so I wasn't too sure.

Chubby face??

Jun 2, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
It makes sense why this shook him down to his core, if you had one day realized you're whole entire life you were fighting an enemy and then finding out they were once human. Wouldn't that surprise anyone?

Jun 2, 2013 12:00 PM

Dec 2009
... I have a lack of words.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 2, 2013 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
Marow said:
... I have a lack of words.

My thoughts exactly. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Jun 2, 2013 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
The guy learned his whole life was built on lies. Cut him some slack.
Well that was good. I should rewatch that revelation part.

Aug 2010
BakaNiiNii said:
LEDO DIDN'T KILL HER, CHAMBER DID :C

This. After what he just learned, killing more whalesquid was the last thing on his mind, let alone one that looks humanoid like this.

He was more like "NO CHAMBER, DON'T KILL HER!", and Chamber was like "I'm Sorry Ledo. I'm afraid I can't do that".

Also, that little girl looked suspiciously like Amy, hairdo and eyecolor and all. Though the eye shape reminds me more of Melty.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

Jan 2012
Crazy plot twist, I just knew it before the video because of the Hideauze children, you could see the little babies. Awesome episode though

Feb 2009
Stitches327 said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
It makes sense why this shook him down to his core, if you had one day realized you're whole entire life you were fighting an enemy and then finding out they were once human. Wouldn't that surprise anyone?

I would be surprised but not in the brink of mental breakdown.
Jun 2, 2013 12:07 PM

Jun 2009
I thought I finally seen the day that butcher created a genuine healing anime.

Guess not.
Jun 2, 2013 12:10 PM
Oct 2012
Ajunky said:
BakaNiiNii said:
So this is what i think.
Not just what you think, it's pretty much what was stated/implied.

MaxCrazy7 said:
Really? I think it's natural to be in shock after learning that pretty much everything he was told was a lie.

I wouldn't let the Hideauze off too easily. They violated international law in their desire to create a "master race", the humans were trying to escape from them by blowing up the wormhole and the Hideazue leader used the same fascist language that the Human Alliance did in the first episode. So this isn't a clear cut, good vs evil situation yet. The Human Alliance could still be very much in the right, and have only become more strident as they have been pushed to the brink of extinction themselves.

As for Ledo, he did overcome a lot of conditioning very quickly, plus there is an instinctual hatred of mutations among ALL animals, so that the Hideazue evolved from humans doesn't necessarily make what the Human Alliance say wrong. They could still see them as corruption of humanity and inferior to true humanity. If the Hideazue are as preditory as they seemed to be, that opinion wouldn't necessary be wrong.

That said, I do think this animation is heading in the direction you stated, but based on what we have been given, we can't make any firm decisions yet. For people who say that "genocide is always wrong", that is a general, not a absolute statement. Take nation states as an illustrated. Nazi Germany had to be totally wiped out, no possibility for compromise could be tolerated. If the Hideazue (or humans for that matter) are completely bent of ensuring the destruction of the other race, then genocide may be the only means to survival.

Again, I don't think that will prove to be the cause, toleration will win out with Amy and Ledo being the bridge.
Jun 2, 2013 12:12 PM

Jan 2010
MaxCrazy7 said:
Stitches327 said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

Maybe Ledo has been told *brainwash* by the Union that Hideauze is alien and its ok to kill them alot while in reality they are half-human.I assume that Ledo's mind in choas and freak out of this secret information and Chamber try to deny it by give the state that information is from enemy.....I wonder, if Hideauze is half-human, do they still got human's intelligent left in the state they are now....
AoiMizuJun 2, 2013 12:22 PM

Jun 2, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
Hideuze were humans

My mind is full of fuck.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jun 2, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2009
BakaNiiNii said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?

She was turned into fucking squid. She can't have human descendants
Jun 2, 2013 12:16 PM

Oct 2011
Niyawa said:
>People actually believed Urobutcher would make a go-happy ending.

My sides, it's all over again.
Well actually I was thinking that he can write something without using usual tricks, well it's bad to be an optimist: he can't (I know he's just supervising it but it's for the point).
Too bad :)

but that twist wasn't too original - since episode we saw squid it was clear that they either invaded Earth (then why didn't they kill people, makes little sense) or they are from here in the first place.
It was interesting to see that those were people in the first place but that's it.
One thing close to being shocking was killing of that Hideauze by Chamber but not much.

And now we will have 2 episodes of Ledo going emo over what he had found than some shock with Alliance coming back to Earth and maybe him joining forces with both squids and people of Gargantia.
So 4/10 is appropriate at this moment.
Jun 2, 2013 12:19 PM
Oct 2010
Stitches327 said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

Yeah, especially since he just came from killing a large amount of them....
Jun 2, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
bastek66 said:
BakaNiiNii said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?

FUCK that was the real gut punch for me. Innocent daughter turned into Ika Musume and then.... Chamber SENMETSU'd her : /
Jun 2, 2013 12:21 PM
Oct 2009
Colson said:
Simple summary:

There was a faction of humans, who researched the human genetics. The goal was to artificial evolve the humans. -> Faction: Evolver
When it became clear that a devastating ice age will begin, the evolvers began to manipulate the human genetic to be able to live and travel in space.

The main opposing faction are something like the united force of countries, against the Evolvers. The started the war against them.

So the Hideauze are the evolved humans. And Ledos people are the aggressors, who started the war against the Evolvers in the past and continued till the present time.
That is also why the baby Hideauze in the nest, resemble human baby, because they are humans. Or lets say: half humans.

Actually, even if the "normal" humans started the war, they had ample reasons for it. If the Evolvers started turning humans left and right it became a war of survival that was forced onto them.
Because if the Evolvers would've had their way, the real humanity would've ceased to exist.
Jun 2, 2013 12:22 PM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
Stitches327 said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

Yeah, especially since he just came from killing a large amount of them....

I feel bad for Ledo... :(
Jun 2, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Well that episode was an eye-opener.

Jun 2, 2013 12:31 PM

Mar 2012
I truely did not see that coming... the fact that humans are in fact the Hidiaazu is just insane, was not expecting that at all, have raised my rating to 9 for a fantastic twist. I'm interested in how Ledo will deal with his conflicting emotions for this.
Jun 2, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
I'm really unsure of what the conclusion will be. Unless there is a season two, I'm afraid I won't like it (rushed ending).
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jun 2, 2013 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
This anime just got soo good... i never wouldve expected that
Jun 2, 2013 12:34 PM
Apr 2012
The healing has finally come.
Jun 2, 2013 12:36 PM

Jan 2011
Finally this show gets going.
Score up to 7/10, lets see if it goes that way.

I wonder how much control Ledo has over his mech. I don't think its absolute, or anything even close to it. I would wager a guess that this issue will be a major point in the remaining story.

Also I don't think any one side can be named good or evil - its more like both are fighting for power/survival. Same old story for humans. We will never learn.

Whatever the short-term outcome - Earth is 6k light years away from both the Alliance and the Evolvers and they don't know about it. Also the Evolvers remaining on Earth are low tech so Ledo has all the time in the world to consider how to act. That is, if Chamber doesn't take matters in his own hands. Never trust AI you didn't program yourself :D

It would be hilarious if they manage to unite and using Chamber's tech knowledge advance the Earth rapidly to the level the space fractions are. And then proceed to give them a nice surprise from good old Earth :D
AlexGKJun 2, 2013 12:45 PM
Jun 2, 2013 12:37 PM

May 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
bastek66 said:
BakaNiiNii said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?

FUCK that was the real gut punch for me. Innocent daughter turned into Ika Musume and then.... Chamber SENMETSU'd her : /

It's thousands of years, it can't be her.
Jun 2, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2010
Shinsekai Yori...

Suisei no Gargantia....=Hideauze is half human and half nano-machine that look alike squid
Shingeki no Kyojin.....=human mutation.....

New anime trend?? Human revolution??
AoiMizuJun 2, 2013 12:58 PM

Jun 2, 2013 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
bastek66 said:
BakaNiiNii said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?

they didn't explain if their lifespan stayed the same once they evolved.
Jun 2, 2013 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
whoa. the scene where chamber killed this surviving hideauze and ledo screamed gave me goosebumps.
i definitely didn't expect that plot twist. i actually thought they might be an intelligent species, but i wasn't expecting that. well.

(but this episode makes me even sadder when i think about the fact that it'll end in three episodes >_< so much potential. i say this every week, but it's so true, uggh.)

bastek66 said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
bastek66 said:
BakaNiiNii said:
Durbikins said:
Ami?

Her ancestor....maybe?

i migtht be wrong here, but weren't they experimenting because they were trying to survive a long time in space (among other things)? take a look at ~ 17.30. so maybe it is possible that it's actually her.
Jun 2, 2013 12:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AoiMizu said:
Shinsekai Yori...=

Suisei no Gargantia....=Hideauze is half human and half nano-machine that look alike squid
Shingeki no Kyojin.....=human mutation.....

New anime trend?? Human revolution??

Just in case there are people here who haven't watched SSY and may want to watch it later, I think you should put that in a spoiler :) At least for me what made SSY so great was that twist you mentioned.

I don't think it's a new anime trend, not that I've watched that much anyways, but the fight between the Evolvers and the Alliance reminded me of the fight between the Coordinators and the Naturals in Gundam Seed, except in this case, the Evolvers, or I guess Hideauze/whalesquids, no longer resemble humans.
Jun 2, 2013 12:58 PM
Oct 2009
I fail to see why so many people think Ledo should suddenly switch sides. The Evolvers aren't exactly nice guys themselves. They started turning humans into abominations going against the law back then without a care in the world. They proceeded with these experiments knowing fully well that it would be the end of humanity without there beeing a need for it (normal humans made it off planet).

Later on while fighting the normal humans they noticed them building a warp gate and planned to hijack it and strand the normal humans on earth.

Even the earth evolvers who're quite likely devolved, they don't seem much different from animals except for the very last one and don't seem to have any kind of meaningful civilizations DO kill humans.
Pinion and his brother were exploring, they were not actually harming or attacking the Evolvers when his brother was attacked by them.

It's still a fight to the knife and a war of extinction. Both sides can't stay around, even if the anime will most likely imply otherwise. Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal didn't just survive in peace either.
Jun 2, 2013 1:00 PM
May 2013
MaxCrazy7 said:
Stitches327 said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

First of all Ledo was told he is killing the enemies to protect human race, but in fact he was killing humans for humans. It was normal reaction for him in that moment. I wouldn`t say that Gallactic Alliance lie to him, but rather didn`t say whole true (the fact most of this infromation is top secret isn`t any better either). Although I think neither of sides of conflict are right, in fact both are douchebags. Evolver thinks of themselves as better, left earthlings and some of evolvers on earth to freeze, the same for Union, who just wanted to prove they rights. Therefore conflict goes on.
As for Ami and resemblance for this girl from record- I don`t think they are related, although I assume they will use this similarity later.
Jun 2, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2013
Wow my mind is blown right now.
Jun 2, 2013 1:03 PM

Feb 2009
Ensign Ledo waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were Hideauze in the ocean. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Galactic Alliance were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Ledo was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to Chamber “I want to be on the ships Chamber.”
Chamber said “No! You will BE KILL BY HIDEAUZE”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the research station of the ocean he knew there were hideauze.
“This is Pinion” the radio crackered. “You must fight the hideauze!”
So Ledo gotted his laser and blew up the larva.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the hideauze
“I will shoot at him” said the hideauze queen and fired the electric nanomachines. Ledo SENMETSUed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the hideauze” he shouted
The radio said “No, Ledo. You are the hideauze”
And then Ledo was a whalesquid.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.