Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 6, 2009 10:10 PM

Dec 2008
I've just watched the first episode today... and for some reason, it gives me a sort of dismay confort in my chest. As if somethig is going to go totaly wrong with the anime starting mid-way till the end. I hope it doesn't turn into one of those psychotic anime such as "School Days" gosh, that would so totaly suck. So far so good though.
"I am a Zel Guardian! I shall proctect those in battle."

click my siggy and discover a whole new world.
Jan 7, 2009 5:35 AM

May 2008
Hope it delivers though. Kinda dark with all the mime acting. His dream made it very confusing right off the bat.
Jan 7, 2009 9:16 AM

Apr 2008
I really enjoyed this episode. The art looks good, nice voices and music so far.
One of the things I liked the best was the fact that the thoughts are written rather than spoken or just seen through the faces of the characters.

Overall, good episode and the series might turn out to be great!
Jan 7, 2009 7:30 PM

Jun 2008
I might drop this series soon.. sure it's story line is fine and so is the animation but I find it kind of too depressing(the show).. xP
HEY!
Jan 8, 2009 2:08 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm... It didn't came out as well as I expected to be, but I'll still watch it and see how it goes. There were some confusing bits here and there in between, but overall it was ok. Hopefully it will turn out to be good.
And:
mcjazzman32 said:

last thing: kudos to making the idol Rina a good friend rather than a cliched bitchy rival. That's a top notch move in my book and makes this a lot more interesting to look forward to.

I totally agree. :D
Jan 8, 2009 4:04 AM

Aug 2008
This show is pretty...amazing. Somehow, I'm getting a Clannad vibe from this. Anyone else getting that?
Jan 8, 2009 4:39 AM

Mar 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
This was definitely interesting, but man this series has "potential fail" written all over its forehead.

Here's the thing: I feel I know EXACTLY what's going to happen. I think he's gonna break up with her because he feels he'll slow her career down and he never sees her. Meanwhile, he'll hook up with the brunette, who obviously has a crush on him. This will make his best friend go nuts and drama ensues until someone dies or Yuki and Toya realize their error and live happily ever after.

Sound familiar? What I'm hoping is that none of this happens. I'm hoping this will be different - that hope and romance will rule throughout. I know its unlikely for the artsy creators, but you never know. The girls are super cute and the voice acting is great so I'm definitely going to keep watching.

last thing: kudos to making the idol Rina a good friend rather than a cliched bitchy rival. That's a top notch move in my book and makes this a lot more interesting to look forward to.

The drama in this show, as far as the first episode goes, reminds me quite a bit of the feel in True Tears. Which is a really good thing, in my opinion. The character design and initial premise felt a little like REC.. which I enjoyed as well ^^

Please DO NOT make yuki slowly turn into some stuck-up bitch, and yes do let hope and romance permeate the series, and it'll be a win in my book.

I totally agree with mcjazzman about making Rina a friend rather than a rival. The newbie-experienced rival dynamics have been played out far too many times in these dramas already. Having the potential rival as a friend/mentor should allow for more flexible and interesting interactions.

Finally, the art and style was outstanding, and I particularly liked the way silence is employed to set the mood in this show, with on-screen words to convey the protagonist's thoughts. The soft, somewhat muted palette gave the show a dreamy, peaceful feel which matched the mood of the first episode. The music also enhanced the atmosphere created by the style and art.

Jan 8, 2009 9:31 AM

Apr 2008
I hate the male protagonist... -__- But let's see how the show is going to develop

Jan 8, 2009 9:59 AM

May 2007
wow.

This series will either be the best show of Winter 08/09, or it'll be one of the worst. If they are going to go with the cliché and make those two break up, I'm sure I'll hate this. Will wait a Nice Boat ending if that happens. If they don't break up, it'll be one of my fav. shows. Making the blond girl not a bitchy rival is a plus. Hirano Aya is always a plus.
Jan 8, 2009 12:10 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, judging from the first episode, there's gonna be a lot of things to cover and even more drama than I've probably watched before. The music is great too, which is a huge plus for me. Hopefully this turns out to be a terrific series.
Jan 8, 2009 2:06 PM

Nov 2007
No, this doesn't seem promising at all. Felt like REC + ef but done wrong. Ah well, will watch a couple of episodes more before dropping.
Jan 8, 2009 9:16 PM

Aug 2008
I really enjoyed this episode with its slow pacing, realism, and mature feel. It has a lot of potential to be similar to True Tears.

However, I have been wrong in judging series just by the first episode *cough*Akane*cough*. I could see this series failing pretty badly as well since Touya showed some weird mental thingy while talking about Haruka.
Jan 8, 2009 11:41 PM

Jul 2008
Wasn't bad, but wasn't great. A good beginning episode and the feud between the two sides was interesting. I'm hoping the show's story doesn't drag its feet so much next episode.
Jan 9, 2009 12:18 AM

Apr 2008
I wouldn't say it was the ideal first ep. It went by a bit fast, and you really had to get into the story all by yourself.
But other than that, it really had potetional, and I especially liked the background sound. So I'll keep watching this, and hopefully it'll get a lot better if I get more into the story.

And Yuki reminded me of Aka( I think that's her name) from REC, and I love her.
I'M NOT A RETARRRD!! I'm malfunctioning!!!
And Keep On Breaking Reality!
Jan 9, 2009 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
Finally got around to watching this and tbh I found it to be quite mediocre, I mean its not bad, just seemed very average. Like Tenchio said, it seems like REC done wrong.

Also I couldn't help but facepalm at artemis22's post, I guess angel999 will seriously never give up.

EDIT:also to add to my opinion, the fact that this is based off an eroge already makes me pretty skeptical. Considering that practically all eroge based animes are driven primarily by the characters with very little invested in the story.

I know some people prefer the character-driven animes more, but me personally, I enjoy a plot driven one. Imo advanced characters is just a bonus.
DefianceJan 9, 2009 1:40 AM
Jan 9, 2009 3:52 AM
Jan 9, 2009 4:14 AM

Apr 2008
I can't understand almost all of it. I'll watch a few more eps to see if this is interesting.

Jan 9, 2009 7:37 AM
Jul 2008
gayasiankitten92 said:

And Yuki reminded me of Aka( I think that's her name) from REC, and I love her.

yeah..the moment i saw Yuki i remembered aka :D
Jan 9, 2009 9:49 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't know it was based off an eroge...my hopes are crashing before me!
Jan 9, 2009 1:51 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
I didn't know it was based off an eroge...my hopes are crashing before me!

Whats wrong with Eroge?
School days
Utawarerumono
Higurashi
Kanon
Air
Clannad
Fate/Stay Night
Tsukihime
Check out my podcast here
Jan 9, 2009 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
The overall flow of episode one reminds me of the anime True Tears for some reason, cannot put my finger on it. Looking forward for the payback on the little girl club!(Hopefully happens next ep)
Jan 9, 2009 6:28 PM

Feb 2008
Hmmm hmmm... This wasn't bad. That could become very interesting.
Jan 10, 2009 1:41 AM

Dec 2007
"White Album is the first bishoujo game made by Leaf that has not used the title of "visual novel", so there are some differences between the system of White Album and the other previous Leaf games. One of the most distinctive feature is that the game's hero already has his girlfriend, so the objective is not to form a new relationship, but to either keep the girlfriend, give up, or act as if nothing happened".

As most of us know, this anime is an adaptation of an 11 year old eroge, with a little twist on the concept. I think the fact that it is based on an eroge doesn't affect it at all in this case (unlike harem shows) because of the concept.

The first episode's storyline may seem to be a bit on the cliche' side, but don't judge an anime just by it's introduction. It will get interesting, I'm sure of it.

I think that the anime will head in a good direction. No need to think negatively, it won't fail, like some of you say it already.
Jan 10, 2009 2:01 AM

Aug 2008
I was iffy at first, but then I started to enjoy it...

I shall watch more with high hopes.
Jan 10, 2009 7:13 AM

Jul 2008
rarri said:
I think that the anime will head in a good direction. No need to think negatively, it won't fail, like some of you say it already.
I didn't say it would fail, I just said that it will probably be much more character-driven than plot-driven and for that I am skeptical lol. I'm just more interested in a plot-driven anime, so if what I said was misinterpreted at all, I appologize.
Jan 10, 2009 11:03 AM

Dec 2008
Tried watching it; made it more than halfway through but it was too boring. :\ Booo, and I was excited that Mizuki Nana and Aya Hirano were seiyuus in the same series. ;__;

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 10, 2009 12:21 PM

Jun 2008
this can turn out to be really good. i loved the first episode, though a bit rushed and all over the place. but i'm looking forward to more. didn't expect something like this out of anime based on an eroge o_o i'm pleasantly surprised.
Jan 10, 2009 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
The journey to becoming an idol must be very tough and somewhat depressing..

Jan 10, 2009 5:51 PM

Sep 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Hmm. This first episode was all over the place. We now know the main cast, but very little about them (personality-wise). But I think I'll stick with it.

matias067 said:
Morikawa, Yuki (Hirano Aya) identical tone of voice as Nagase, Minato.
Ah, good I'm not the only one who thought that...

Yeah seriously, I kept seeing Minato instead and that ruined some of the episode for me D:

Anyway, while I don't really like Touya or Yuki, there's something about their relationship that I do like. It's definitely different (so far) from all those other "relationships" in bad romance shows that don't seem to have any depth. I'll see how this goes.
Jan 11, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
wasnt that great, it was really slow for a 1st epi. but i stick with it first and looks how it will become. but really strange, a eroge adaption for 1998?
i know its anime discussion, but in my opinion the manga was better. i only read the first chapter though><

Jan 11, 2009 2:43 PM

Apr 2007
kinda want.

also, more rika and haruka, plx.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 11, 2009 2:51 PM

Dec 2008
This seems like an interesting anime. I <3 the voice actor for Yuki :]
It's strange watching this though. I like the animation, but watching Hirano's voice come out of a character that looks oddly like the characters from Kannagi is sorta strange. But, hopefully, I'll get used to it.
I wonder how it would end though... hmmm?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 11, 2009 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
Interesting, and promising.
I'll stick to watching more of this... I just love drama stuff (as of lately even more).

I have the impression of this story turning into a harem, anyone else with me?
I don't know if the WA VN was a harem, but so far, the anime looks like'll become one in no time...
By the way, Yuki's pretty cute, and more so when the character's being voiced by Aya! :D
Jan 12, 2009 7:27 AM

Aug 2008
eee... sounds like fed for 'music anime' back, huh? it is the third, or second one new in this category in 2 or 3 months (スキップベート is the one of them)... and, about white album - i'm dissapointed ;p however, the main chara looks interesting.
Jan 14, 2009 9:28 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i'll watch a couple more and see if i'll keep it on my currently watching list but so far, it's not looking too good...
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 15, 2009 9:31 AM

Sep 2008
it was unexpectedly good. I'll probably follow this one. =)

Jan 17, 2009 3:17 AM

Nov 2008
It's pleasant to watch and rather easy to follow.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jan 21, 2009 9:30 AM

Jan 2008
The pacing was a tad off during the first half where they introduced some characters, ubt the later half was considerably better.

The "inner thoughts as on-screen text" was a sufficiently interesting and dramatic effect, which I liked.

Will continue watching until something convinces me to drop it.
Jan 21, 2009 8:20 PM

Dec 2007
It was very nice; I felt that episode was a bit slow. I hope that the next episode will keeps me interested. This series reminds me of I’s Pure for some reason. I really enjoyed it so far, and I am looking forward to see what kind of development it takes.
Jan 22, 2009 2:04 AM

Jul 2008
gameoffreak8 said:
It was very nice; I felt that episode was a bit slow. I hope that the next episode will keeps me interested. This series reminds me of I’s Pure for some reason. I really enjoyed it so far, and I am looking forward to see what kind of development it takes.

Yep. When i watched the first episode I thought of it exactly the same way as you did; well, the timeline is similar (late80s~early90s) and the mood is as well, except that, in I''s you do see a lot more of Ichitaka's inner thoughts about the relationship than Fuuji here.

i forgot if this scene happened in ep1 or not, but
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Mar 21, 2009 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
I really enoyed this episode. It has a nice pace for the storyline that this series follows. This series certainly doesn't seem like an average series from just the first episode. I also loved how they wrote out Touya's thoughts. I thought it was more interesting than just a normal voice over like most series have.
Oct 3, 2009 7:58 PM

Jan 2009
Certainly impressed with Hirano Aya's voice acting in this first episode, I knew she had the ability to pull off such a subtle and emotional character. It's really nice to know that she can do more than those ridiculous characters such as Misa and Haruhi (No offense butthurt Haruhi fags, altho theres the irony, I'm a Haruhifag as well).

So, to the episode. It was a good one, they didn't implemented unnecessary drama as any other series around which is definetly good, the pace is totally ok but I hope it doesn't move too slow, nowdays it usually happens with a romance series which is not bad but can become boring sometimes. So far Touya seems a nice guy, I hope he doesn't turn out to be an Itou Makoto from School Days, God fucking damnit, no.

Anyway I'm definetly sticking with White Album since I've heard good things about it and the second season is releasing already. Expecting lots from it.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 31, 2009 2:04 AM

Feb 2009
Not bad, but i thought the episode was a little all over the place. I like the concept and so far i like the characters. I'm interested in learning more about Haruka (because she's cute looking) and what happened to her brother. I will continue to watch this.
Dec 26, 2009 8:20 AM

Mar 2009
gameoffreak8 said:
This series reminds me of I’s Pure for some reason.

Yea, I felt the same way. The first ep didn't seem as funny as I''s, but similar setting, and mood. Now we just need the crazy Cranked-up fanboy for Fujii's ass whooping xP!!! I think I'll continue, especially b/c everyone says S2 is even better! It's a nice change of pace, haven't watched a drama show in a while. Urahara Out!!
Feb 6, 2010 12:44 PM

Oct 2009
I'm not sure what to think yet... it was kinda boring... but the character's are lovely somehow... mhm, I think I'll keep watching for a few more eps.
Feb 2, 2012 3:56 AM
Dec 2010
I've seen 1st episode and it's soo depressing despite nothing has happened yet ... i knew i should watch this some other time, when i'm in mood for gloomy atmosphere. Well lets finish what i started here, it might not give this feeling "everything is useless, just hide in your room and cover your windows to survive trough this age" feeling in next few eps, but i don't think so.....

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Aug 12, 2012 10:46 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty decent, seems to have a lot of potential. Looking forward to this actually.

Oh and pretty awesome OP!
Sep 9, 2012 8:59 PM

Nov 2011
Not bad so far. Yuki has a cute voice and reminds me of Layla from Nana. Animation looks decent and the music is superb. 5/5.
Dec 20, 2012 1:01 PM

Dec 2007
I don't like the editing, but it's just the first episode. It will get better as there is more story progression.
Apr 8, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2009
Not bad. Not absolutely amazing but I found some stylistic choices, like how the MC's thoughts are spelled out instead of spoken like in most anime and the final few scenes, were pretty interesting. I've heard this series gets pretty horrible, though, so we'll see.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkariChan - Jan 20, 2009

70 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 11:07 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM

» VN

OppaiSugoi - Jul 17, 2023

1 by Thatboidriz »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.