Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 24, 2013 5:42 AM

Oct 2009
Objurgo said:
Why do I get the feeling Yukino's mum is a huge bitch...

You are not the only one who think so.
May 24, 2013 5:45 AM

Jan 2012
im loving hikigaya more and more every episode @@
May 24, 2013 5:48 AM

Aug 2011
Extremly awesome.
May 24, 2013 5:51 AM

Dec 2012
Another great episode 5/5 and Hikki is officially added to my favorite list. I am so sad that they are only 4 episode left :/ I hope the final episode isn't an anime original leaving it in a cliffhanger is way better imo.
May 24, 2013 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
Is this the third law of phytits at play? That's Bewbton for you.
- Hahaha! That really made me laugh, but I can actually relate...

Nice fanservice! Yukino being initially clueless and then realizing and trying to argue about it was also cute.

Anyway, the scene that really made my day:

If I were to guess, the fact that Haruno is acquainted with Hiratsuka-sensei seems like it's possible that she (feeling guilty about her car bumping him) asked Hiratsuka-sensei to take care of Hikigaya (which was why she was so concerned with him and even forced him to join a club). I'm not sure if Yukino was involved/aware of this though... But anyway, that's just a wild guess and Haruno did seem to not know about Hikigaya when they first met. Well, it's not like I know who was riding that car when the accident happened - it can even be Yukino's mom.
May 24, 2013 6:22 AM
Oct 2012
This was such a great episode.

I cannot wait to see Yukino's backstory.
May 24, 2013 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
Silly Hachiman, you gonna die alone and in a ditch where you'll be forgotten lulz.

Lol@ Deathnote ref.

On a serious note I do think Hiki will regret his way of thinking. And he lumps people into his own way of thinking far too much. Such as saying when in danger people only help themselves, or that all people are fundamentally bad, or he doesn't have the need for companions or women. And I notice alot of you here eat that shit up without seeing two things. Maybe part of it is as you are teenagers and arn't truely alone day to day no more than his dumbass is.

One. Hiki fails to notice he breaks his own opions all the time.

Getting hit by a car to save a dog, going out of his way to help others, then look at all the people he has on hand to help him, all the people that come to him. He's a idiot that can't see HE is the good guy, and for selfless reasons. And judging by what he says friends are he has them. I wonder when and if he will ever notice this all.

And two he thinks he's alone, yet he has people that talk to him at school, he has a sister and parents at home. Maybe he doesn't have a lot of these false friends, but he is far from alone and lacking in human contact. When the only human contact you have is from when you need to go to a store that is something to bring up. Unless you are a shut in you have to deal with people, and from what I seen of shut ins they either go down a deranged path of self enjoyment and are little more than sycophant in a manner, or horriblly depressed. And people can change the world >> Just need to take a battle axe to the parts that won't change. lulz.

Overall I do like this show and hope Hachiman has something of a happy ending. Who cares if you have a horde of false friends. All I'm wanting is for him to have at least a couple of people he can be close too. I really like this show, and I find it funny how many people only focus on what they want to see and think just like Hiki has, and ignore when the reality of a situation and the results of what he has done.

People are people, some, heck maybe even most are shits and fake, selfserving. But there are good ones as well. If there were not then the whole world would be anarchy and backstabing. It might be only 5% of the population carrying the other 90% but still. Ah well enough of my rambeling. Also doubt I'll reply to any replies to this given I'm sure the first few will consist of

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME! No and have I been given cause too? I'm nice to those I am close to, and I would do anything that I could for them, but pretty much everyone else can burn. Or so I might say and maybe even would do, who knows. This world is shit. But its not full of darkness. And at the end of the day life is what you make of it, mixed with luck.

Still this is a great show, with Gargan, Maou-sama, its my top three of this season for sure.
May 24, 2013 6:28 AM

Jun 2012
Totsuka route pls.
May 24, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2009
RedArmyShogun said:
Silly Hachiman, you gonna die alone and in a ditch where you'll be forgotten lulz.

Lol@ Deathnote ref.

On a serious note I do think Hiki will regret his way of thinking. And he lumps people into his own way of thinking far too much. Such as saying when in danger people only help themselves, or that all people are fundamentally bad, or he doesn't have the need for companions or women. And I notice alot of you here eat that shit up without seeing two things. Maybe part of it is as you are teenagers and arn't truely alone day to day no more than his dumbass is.

One. Hiki fails to notice he breaks his own opions all the time.

Getting hit by a car to save a dog, going out of his way to help others, then look at all the people he has on hand to help him, all the people that come to him. He's a idiot that can't see HE is the good guy, and for selfless reasons. And judging by what he says friends are he has them. I wonder when and if he will ever notice this all.

And two he thinks he's alone, yet he has people that talk to him at school, he has a sister and parents at home. Maybe he doesn't have a lot of these false friends, but he is far from alone and lacking in human contact. When the only human contact you have is from when you need to go to a store that is something to bring up. Unless you are a shut in you have to deal with people, and from what I seen of shut ins they either go down a deranged path of self enjoyment and are little more than sycophant in a manner, or horriblly depressed. And people can change the world >> Just need to take a battle axe to the parts that won't change. lulz.

Overall I do like this show and hope Hachiman has something of a happy ending. Who cares if you have a horde of false friends. All I'm wanting is for him to have at least a couple of people he can be close too. I really like this show, and I find it funny how many people only focus on what they want to see and think just like Hiki has, and ignore when the reality of a situation and the results of what he has done.

People are people, some, heck maybe even most are shits and fake, selfserving. But there are good ones as well. If there were not then the whole world would be anarchy and backstabing. It might be only 5% of the population carrying the other 90% but still. Ah well enough of my rambeling. Also doubt I'll reply to any replies to this given I'm sure the first few will consist of

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME! No and have I been given cause too? I'm nice to those I am close to, and I would do anything that I could for them, but pretty much everyone else can burn. Or so I might say and maybe even would do, who knows. This world is shit. But its not full of darkness. And at the end of the day life is what you make of it, mixed with luck.

Still this is a great show, with Gargan, Maou-sama, its my top three of this season for sure.
I think when Hikigaya was generalizing people who would abandon their friends when really scared, he was referring to the usual "fake" friends that you try to get along so you don't feel out of place or get unnecessary enemies. He did say Rumi's feelings to save them could be the real deal. He's generalizing people since most of them are actually like that and while still aware that there are a few that are actually the real deal, he's simply rounding them off.

I don't think he believes that people a generally evil, he even states that there people who are really nice (although he hates them). It's just that most people are easily influenced by "everyone else" as they don't want to be left out, be humiliated/bullied, etc. And if you don't genuinely care for those "friends", then at times of crisis, you would of course prioritize your safety than theirs.
May 24, 2013 7:00 AM
Feb 2013
SaberEdge said:
Totsuka route pls.

stop that pls i don't even know if i'm still a guy
May 24, 2013 7:06 AM

Dec 2012
the words Hikki used are just awesome
May 24, 2013 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
I realy like hikigaya attitude its the best
May 24, 2013 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
I feel sorry for him and I understand why he's still chill.The only womans in his social life besides his sister and the teacher are the ones that were involved in the accident.It kinda feels like a rehabilitation of his life "if that accident wouldnt have happened" but since he is aware of it.....it's even more sad.
Anyway,besides the serious side......I couldnt stop laughing at the scene with "I cant take my eyes off.." .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 24, 2013 7:37 AM
Apr 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
I feel sorry for him and I understand why he's still chill.The only womans in his social life besides his sister and the teacher are the ones that were involved in the accident.It kinda feels like a rehabilitation of his life "if that accident wouldnt have happened" but since he is aware of it.....it's even more sad.
Anyway,besides the serious side......I couldnt stop laughing at the scene with "I cant take my eyes off.." .

That's actually a really good point. Hikki's social situation may seem pretty good on the outside, as even if they don't admit they're friends with each other they are quite close already, but just from Hikki's viewpoint, once he found out about Yui's and Yukino's involvement in the accident, it would seem to him that they're just trying to make it up to him for causing his injury and resultant absence from school.

I would hope Hikki is thinking a bit differently after the last time with Yui, but even disregarding that, Yukino seems to have her own issues which makes it less simple than it was with Yui.

It is pretty sad; if put myself in his shoes I just feel like they're pitying me for the accident.
May 24, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode! There were many fan service, but not too much, it was just nice.
The fan service scene was great. Especially when Hachiman's tried to make his eyes not to see Yui in swimsuit was hilarious.
In this episode, How is Yui's feeling toward Hikigaya was even clearer than before. She always acted silly when Hikigaya complemented her.
Hikigaya's plan to resolve the girls problem seems too much for me. Even he admitted that his plan was not good.
Yukinoshita & Hikigaya would not meet each other again? Why? Is she moving to another school? Or . . . she is getting married?

Agony said:
SaberEdge said:
Totsuka route pls.

stop that pls i don't even know if i'm still a guy

I know that feeling. Saika is very cute. And definitely too cute to be a guy.
I like anime.
May 24, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
That wake up scene at the start of the episode was nice really the reactions of Hachi where funny towards Totsuka.
I wonder if Totsuka even knows how Hachi thinks about him but still.
The swimsuit part was also nice especially the joke towards the teacher and the comments to Yukino who didn't realise what they were talking about.
May 24, 2013 8:10 AM

Oct 2012
Great episode. I'm glad Hachiman and pretty boy(I don't know his name) are starting to interact more, it's nice that they may become friends.
May 24, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2012
Amazing show is amazing.

Looks like Yui is finally gonna muster up the courage to confess to Hachiman. I feel sorry for him though, the only girls in his life are the ones who essentially ruined his life. Really tragic.
May 24, 2013 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
Another excellent episode with two memorable monologues by Hachiman, bullying grade schoolers and entertaining moments with the teacher and Saika. 5/5, next week can't come soon enough!

Speaking of the trap. (Picture inside, no LN spoilers or anything)
May 24, 2013 9:03 AM
Dec 2012
DevilInDisguise said:

but kinda disappoint me why he would not meet again?

I think sometimes it's effective when everything is not explained. For, it would make some viewers keep thinking of it and thus it would remain in their minds. This often happens in literature.

In this case with the episode, it was a good thing for both Hiki and Yukino to not see each other for a while. Why? Because he would feel awkward if he saw her soon after that day. Since he was hit by a car relating to her, he would have some mixed feelings if he saw her soon. In the monologue, he sounded relief to have not seen her for the rest of the summer break. Probably Yukino would also feel the same way if she noticed he was hit by her family car. And maybe she already noticed it.

VerneJules said:
it's not like I know who was riding that car when the accident happened - it can even be Yukino's mom.

I suspect so, too. It seemed to me Yukino didn't like something about her mom. Her reaction looked odd when her sis mentioned their mom. Maybe Yukino was on that car with her mom then, and maybe her mom told her to not tell it to anyone. Maybe her mom is like Madam Polignac from the Rose of Versailles: a commoner was hit by a carriage on which Polignac was, and she ignored the accident. Just my wild guess.
May 24, 2013 9:11 AM

Feb 2013
Okay, some thoughts on this episode.

It was a pretty nice episode, despite the "loneliness" problem not being completely solved. Haha all the boobies and Yukino-chan's late blooming :3

But darn... what does Hachiman mean by that? the last time he sees Yukino? NOOO because I ship them (>.<)/
May 24, 2013 9:16 AM
Mar 2013
Totsuka route then I'm happy.

I love this character
May 24, 2013 9:26 AM

Mar 2013
game8910 said:
Hachiman has finally learned whose car it was than ran him over. This will be an interesting development.

yea he is probaby going to doubt their relationship again.

i realy like the solution but i think the girl should have let the whole plot go on
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
May 24, 2013 10:01 AM
Oct 2012
oh shit this is getting interesting
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
May 24, 2013 10:10 AM
Jan 2011
Oh man only Yumiko and Komachi are the only ones who look hot in their bikinis, I wish Yukino and that teacher Shizuka took off their sarongs.

Nice move Hachiman, breaking up the poor girl's evil classmates' camaraderie, unfortunately it didn't went the way Hikki planned. Still, poor girl won't be bullied anymore, but still end up a loner.
May 24, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode and plot development..

I think what makes the show just above average is the monologues.. simply amazing writers!
May 24, 2013 10:35 AM

Apr 2013
pp813 said:
Okay, some thoughts on this episode.

It was a pretty nice episode, despite the "loneliness" problem not being completely solved. Haha all the boobies and Yukino-chan's late blooming :3

But darn... what does Hachiman mean by that? the last time he sees Yukino? NOOO because I ship them (>.<)/

Dont panick,Yukino and Hikki are in a sync.She noticed that he knows that the car he was hit by it's her familiys car.She isnt like Yui,she understands him like totally.That's why she gave theyr relationship a breathing space to not end up like Yui.I can say she doesnt want to fight with Hikki.She gets his subtile hints and moreover,it sounds stupid but when you dont talk with your mouth the body does,your eyes your gesture.If she understands Hikki it means she pays alot of attention to him from shadow.From shadow you can understand someone,once you get the pattern you know how to approach that person.It's not 100% Yukino's case she is somehow like him but she reads him,like I said,his body is speaking.
For example,you may not be talkative but a girl that really pays attention to you understands what you're thinking.Even if you are using the pokerface your eyes are betraying you.The way you look,the way you breath.Even if the girl isnt too smart,she will ask you why you do that or this,she still notices.
Remember what Hikki said?
It may not be accurate but he said "30% words,70% body language".
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 24, 2013 10:37 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Interesting method that Hachiman used against those kids. So it was that car that hit Hachiman. Can't wait for next episode.
May 24, 2013 10:38 AM

May 2013
liked this episode yeah!

" People are like dice, you choose the path you throw yourself into. "
May 24, 2013 10:42 AM

May 2011
I want totsuka route also :D
May 24, 2013 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
Im starting to doubt if im a guy...everytime i see Totsuka on screen im dying.WHO CARES THOUGH, TOTSUKA ROUTE ALL THE WAY!

-Stacking logs alone like this one after the other makes me feel like im playing Jenga.
-Huh? you can play Jenga alone? o_0
-(What, you can't?o_0)
LMAO.Win of the episode for me, i laughed so bad at this that i almost spilled my juice.
That ending.Can't wait to see what's going on, and what kind of person is Yukinon's mother.Like others though, i have a feeling she's not that nice.And then again, why the teacher made a face expression like this after seeing Yukinon's sister.So many questions with no answers.
Preview seems...eh, something i don't want to see/happen.I really want Hikigaya to end up with (TOTSUKA!) Yukino.They fit each other like noone else in this show.
5/5 this show needs more attention, since it's one of best in this season.
May 24, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2010
Objurgo said:

Me too, especially after seeing the look Yukino had after her sister mentioned her. -.-

"See, they are in perfect sync" Loved that. XD

I ship Hachiman and Yukino hard. ♥
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 24, 2013 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
Warning big image inside:

So now the show's even playing along with the frequent comparisons made to Bakemonogatari.
May 24, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2013
Interesting development this episode.
So maybe Hikki will go back to his old ways after finding out Yuki's car was the one the hit him which caused him to lose his chance to make friends.
I also wonder what's happening in Yukino's family.
May 24, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2013
Objurgo said:

Same here
May 24, 2013 11:47 AM

Mar 2008
This episode made me look back at all my classmates back in Elementary and realized that I'm only still in contact with about 1-3 of them out of 50+ people. And I'm not even all that close to any of them anymore.
May 24, 2013 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
This show is good because it actually goes into the whole being alone aspect. Really well done. 5/5 for me.
May 24, 2013 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
Eon21 said:
Interesting development this episode.
So maybe Hikki will go back to his old ways after finding out Yuki's car was the one the hit him which caused him to lose his chance to make friends.
I also wonder what's happening in Yukino's family.

He will be the same no matter where you put him.He's a tough shell to crack.
A simple question.How do you take a chess piece,lets say the knight,if the opponent keeps taking it out of the harms way?

If you have a chess table,assign the characters with the pieces who offer a more free movement,the color doesnt matter.It doesnt follow the normal rules,it just help you in what psychological point the characters development are and how far they are to crack Hikki's shell.
You make a move,he gets out of your way even thou' he is in the same place as you.You make another move,again,he finds a way to escape.
If they find a way to give him no choice to act more sociable,then they have completed one step to change him.All they do is what I've said above.
They move him in different spots but he always have the choice to do what he likes,stand and observe.They never tryed to take that away.If someone has no alternative,they get over theyr pride and act as the situation dictates.Hikki have never been in such situation.
May 24, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2011
Fanservice fanservice boring plot about some boring kids and then...
BAM
Another piece to that car accident from the beginning. What kind of wrong love comedy is this?
May 24, 2013 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
About time they showed us revelation about the accident. Gonna be awkward from now on for them, let's see how Hachiman will handle this matter..
Claude_KennyMay 24, 2013 1:33 PM
Keep moving forward
May 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
Really liking this. Really enjoyable plot dealing with relatable issues.

May 24, 2013 2:53 PM
May 2011
LEGOF said:
Fanservice fanservice boring plot about some boring kids and then...
BAM
Another piece to that car accident from the beginning. What kind of wrong love comedy is this?

well I dislike the prev eps but this episode is really a huge development from last episode, prev eps indeed a boring plot, but eps 8 is really funny, and twisted...and what I like is that it's more realistic than other anime where suddenly people can get a long well after a fight or after being in bad term... I think it's first time I watch a slice of life anime with this huge close relation to reality situation :D

I think this show is even more realistic and better than clannad season 1 and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ...yahari has a harem setting but the main char is not being nice to all girls char unlike the 2 anime I mentioned earlier

so I think this show deserve a 8/10
May 24, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
that hayama guy....he sound like trouble...
May 24, 2013 3:30 PM

Mar 2013
That episode was awesome ! Swimsuits, development, and the end!
Cant wait for next week.
May 24, 2013 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
Really good episode.. Elementary school truly was horrible. Girls can be very vicious.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
May 24, 2013 3:56 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, this show really gets me. Character creation of Hikigaya is just too brilliant, he really is a true loner. Can't wait for the next ep!
May 24, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
The way Yukino said sayonara bugs me for some reason...
May 24, 2013 3:57 PM

May 2012
Ragix said:
It's crazy how they were all linked from the very beginning.

Interesting to see Hayame's development too, so he was pretty much like Hikigaya assumed him to be(at least being ignorant to the bullying) and although he seems chummy with him now, admitted that if they had met before, probably would have avoided him.

I'm kind of disappointed the whole elementary kid issue wasn't resolved on a better note. I had expected the girls to praise Rumi as their hero, but instead she is still the loner and the 4 girls had become awkward with one another.

I'm glad we're done with that though, I wasn't too interested in that whole summer camp trip, but now with what's to come I'm really getting curious.

About the elementary girl stuff, if you think about this is way more realalistic. If they had started to praise her that would be way to predictable. People dont just change that easily, it takes time. Also this was the best course, because now Rumi can go on without feeling sad about being left out.
May 24, 2013 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
Wow dat ending, things are getting crazy between those 3.

Death Note ref was golden lmao.

Totsuka route all the way.
May 24, 2013 4:09 PM

Feb 2012
Self-improvement is masturbation, now self destruction

Good episode. The scene where hiki says we change ourselves to fit societies standards, so that our peers accept us, is so true. I need to take a long look in the mirror.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.