Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2008 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Happy Holidays once again to all from Casshern ;) Another thing I wanted to put here is About time Braiking Boss appears and reveals a lot and now he is going to take part more actively in the story.

This episode made me shed tears for two reasons:first was Ringo and the fact rust has started on herThe second would be how sad and the pitiful the truth can be about Casshern. Really too bad it was like this

The episode starts sadly as I see Casshern with blood and a Ringo in disbelief. It switches to a robot complaining about horobi (rust). Yet another good example how a robot panics upon seeing his own rust with its eyes. Lyuze showing up is always a good sign to see since she wants to be with Casshern in order to see his own demise since she still has the grudge against Casshern for killing her sister but I also think Lyuze wants to support Casshern somehow even with her grudge. However, I do not think she believed that Luna is still alive. Casshern on the other hand believes that Luna may still be alive.

Dio and Leda are still planning their things from the looks of it but they do not show much of them. Seeing Ringo's rust starting made me sad. I like Ringo a lot for positive ambiance so seeing rust on her makes me think that she may die and I don't want her to die like Nico. Never! Ringo :(

I do find it was cute to see Ringo play with that green glassed bottle and to find ways of amusing herself with that object in the rain. Casshern shows so cute to see him re comfort her like he did in episode 1. In this anime and world setup, I see the meaning of how such a single scene can have so much impact upon our emotions when I think about the world as such it is in this series. Ringo was cute in that cave with the fire but Casshern was shocked at seeing her rust. The further scene of Ringo putting seas shells into the bottle filled with water was another cute scene I liked.

The shocking part comes after this to me when Braiking boss announces that his sensei is the old man. I was like in disbelief! How can it be? How is it even conceivable to think the old man is Braiking's teacher! O_O I could not do anything at this part but constantly being at jaw dropped feeling. It gets even worse. Braiking announces that Casshern was nothing more than a assassinating machine to kill Luna on orders to do so. What can of sleaze ball is this! So angry! How can Casshern be controlled so easy, and even more so by that sensei and Braiking. Amazing how it can even be like this. *In disbelief*

Worst of all Braiking Boss seems to have given him some orders or suggested something about death to Casshern because the next thing he does made me actually T_T and not only because Casshern suffers but also the flashbacks that occurred when Ringo tried to comfort him.Most shocking that Casshern did to himself is trying to killing himself. I know it might not be possible but it looked so painful and emotional that it hit me. Before I knew I wanted really Casshern to stop his suffering and Ringo helping him but they finish the episode right there so #14 will tell me more.

Also is the fact that Ringo cried so much and it affected me T_T but also Ringo actually bleeds red blood so that must mean something. Ringo's rust and and Casshern's suffering are very sad.

I like a lot the new ED, it is nice and refreshing with its music
5/5

1.Braiking boss
2.Casshern! I cry with him T_T (first time I see Casshern have tears.)

In spoiler

1.Does the fact Ringo bleeds blood mean something? Robot with blood?
2.Ringo, :( so sad this scene and how much she puts out efforts to comfort Casshern.
slayer545-samaDec 26, 2008 2:23 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 27, 2008 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
I didn't understand what Braiking said about casshern dino and the third girl and how this connected to robot can be giving birth?
and i don't understand who is the second lune...is she Ringo?
Dec 27, 2008 3:28 PM

Nov 2008
KuroRinX said:
I didn't understand what Braiking said about casshern dino and the third girl and how this connected to robot can be giving birth?
and i don't understand who is the second lune...is she Ringo?

The second Luna and Ringo may be linked in theory to a possibility.
Dec 27, 2008 3:44 PM

Feb 2008
ringo might be special too. i realized that last episode. thist ime we got a whole lot of information all at once. its rather ironic that the king is ruining too.it is possilble that casshern and the others were made by the same person who probably made luna. it would only make sense that she is alive now. probably by someone who wanted to bring down the end to the robot's rule.

now they need to explain why Ringo's bleeding shes ruining.
Dec 27, 2008 8:52 PM

Dec 2008
Wow. This episode was so sad..never once have I felt such sadness for a fictional character. ;[

This show is really amazing. The plot also seems to be moving ahead now, it makes me glad. :D

For a second, I actually thought Casshern really was going to kill himself.

Now the hard part is waiting for the next episode. v-v
Dec 27, 2008 11:12 PM

May 2008
kisami said:
ringo might be special too. i realized that last episode. thist ime we got a whole lot of information all at once. its rather ironic that the king is ruining too.it is possilble that casshern and the others were made by the same person who probably made luna. it would only make sense that she is alive now. probably by someone who wanted to bring down the end to the robot's rule.

now they need to explain why Ringo's bleeding shes ruining.

Actually in this episode they said that the guy that is always with Ringo is the one that made Casshern, Dio and the girl that is with Dio.
Yeah me too, im starting to get a feeling that Ringo and Luna are kinda related, they probably have something in common.
But great episode cant wait till the next one!!!
Dec 28, 2008 12:53 AM

Jun 2007
I've been saying this from the start and I'll say it again. I think Ringo is like Casshern and is half human have robot. If not then she's a human with metal on her to make her appear as a robot.
Dec 28, 2008 3:49 AM

Jul 2008
Quite an interesting episode. Didn't expect that old man to have created Casshern, Dio and Leda. Also nice to see Braiking Boss to confront Casshern directly himself.

Nice new ending theme, defenitely better than the previous one. =)
Dec 28, 2008 4:18 AM

Jun 2008
That was a really great episode and they explained a lot of things.

Now,what exactly Ringo is
Dec 28, 2008 7:36 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, answers O_O
Dec 28, 2008 10:35 AM

Oct 2007
Well, a lot of things have been explained but we still don't know what exactly Ringo is BUT I think that the doctor tried to hide her identity somehow. Maybe Ringo could be a key point to something or to the answer of everything about Luna's death. As for Luna's death, we still not 100% sure if Casshern was really the one killed her or there was something else behind it.

DeathfireD said:
I've been saying this from the start and I'll say it again. I think Ringo is like Casshern and is half human have robot. If not then she's a human with metal on her to make her appear as a robot.
I have been thinking a few weeks back, what if Ringo turned out to be Luna somehow?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 28, 2008 11:53 AM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
Well, a lot of things have been explained but we still don't know what exactly Ringo is BUT I think that the doctor tried to hide her identity somehow. Maybe Ringo could be a key point to something or to the answer of everything about Luna's death. As for Luna's death, we still not 100% sure if Casshern was really the one killed her or there was something else behind it.

DeathfireD said:
I have been thinking a few weeks back, what if Ringo turned out to be Luna somehow?

Think again, what would happen if Luna got saved by being transfered in Ringo or what if Ringo might be a second Luna?
Dec 28, 2008 12:52 PM

Oct 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Think again, what would happen if Luna got saved by being transfered in Ringo or what if Ringo might be a second Luna?
Well, those are the possibility in my calculation but the information we had so far was too little to make it believable. And we don't even get to know what kind of Luna's character is.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 28, 2008 5:58 PM

Jun 2008
wtf, stupid casshern doesn't even know how to 'control' himself!
on luna incident, was he being manipulated by braiking boss after all?
poor ringo got the ruin on her head :(
+100 on the new ED though :D
+1000 on robot can 'fcuk' theory :p

-plz...don't sue me...-
Dec 28, 2008 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
Ringo is so cute :)
Lots of interesting stuff revealed this episode. Luna better still be alive.
Dec 28, 2008 10:04 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:

So much got explained, and so much needed answers, but in a good way. This is how I think the show should have been paced from the beginning. Braiking Boss is just another powerless robot subjected to ruin? I'm really wanting to know what happened after the supposed death of Luna that caused Braiking's downfall. Is Ringo someone's child? I always thought that Oji was hiding something, but I didn't think that he made Casshern. O well, now I'm actually looking forward to episodes...who would have thought that would happen!
Dec 29, 2008 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
good episode, I find Ringo really annoying though
Dec 29, 2008 1:27 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode. We finally get a decent bit of explanation about things. And Oji might have made Ringo too. Or something.

Whatever the case, the show is heading in a good direction (especially with the new ED).

5/5

And wasn't the new ED an insert in one of the previous episodes?

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 29, 2008 1:30 PM

Apr 2007
finally some progress!

what a dramatic episode. loved it.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 30, 2008 10:36 AM
Sep 2008
Great episode. Some progress indeed.
Dec 30, 2008 4:33 PM

Sep 2008
First of all, great episode.

Second, I can't believe noteDhero actually said something good about some anime...
Dec 31, 2008 8:12 AM
Nov 2008
Happy new year! (Just turned 12 midnight not too long ago here.)

I was really shocked to find out that the Ooji is Casshern's creator and he seemed to be on good terms with Braiking Boss.
Starting to see some similarities between Luna and Ringo (guess it's due to those snippets of memories). Ringo seems rather drawn towards Casshern... The part about Ringo starting to rust and being able to bleed also puzzles me.

I loved this episode since I'm quite sure many of us have been wanting more plot progression after the past few episodes. I hope Casshern will be fine... His action of trying to kill himself deeply saddens me (especially in contrast to the beautiful-drawn landscape/background).
Jan 2, 2009 5:43 AM

Sep 2008
wow this episode was brilliant, this series has impressed me with every single episode. They revealed a lot of the plot which was good and it showed that the first half of the series was more about casshern learning what happened to the world and about the ruin. Seems like the next half will be about him fixing it. I really like this idea. This seires is very unique and has a great atmosphere to it. It's a slower but much more fascinating series that you would usually see. Cant wait for the next episode!
Jan 2, 2009 9:26 PM
Nov 2007
ringo is definitely a human with a metal helmet/hair, imo. >:O

episode kinda felt rushed with all the answers and shit.

also, lol @ crazy casshern. "kill luna" is definitely a trigger phrase for him to go crazy :x
Jan 2, 2009 10:45 PM
May 2008
Definitely a great episode, especially on how it ended. Hopefully the plot will start to pick up from this episode because several of the early episodes have been pretty boring at times. ^^
Jan 2, 2009 11:08 PM

Sep 2008
im thinking that oji created ringo as a robotic luna perhaps?? but was another failed experiment. Just a theory.
Jan 4, 2009 9:41 AM
Sep 2007
Great ep and the new ending theme is epic.
Hi
Jan 4, 2009 11:29 AM
Jun 2007
Wow, Casshern is showing a deeper plot at last!
Jan 4, 2009 7:10 PM

Nov 2007
I had been thinking about dropping this for the past couple of episodes, but finally something actually happened, glad I didn't.
Jan 5, 2009 4:07 AM

Feb 2008
Finally a decent story development. So Casshern and the other two cyborgs of the same model are failed experiments. Instead of "birth able" robots, they just turned out to be very good at fighting. So the Braiking Boss were using them as "killing machines" in order to become the only leader of the world.
Jan 6, 2009 2:46 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode. I think that Luna was the success and that Ringo is her daughter, which would explain why Ringo is rusting but also possibly able to bleed as something in Luna's blood makes robots immortal as well as bleed. I would like it if Braiking showed some remorse partly because he's dying as well but that might too much to ask of a villian. Looks like Braiking is going to play a more proactive role and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the final boss.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 7, 2009 3:52 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, I always had the feeling that Oji/professor was the creator of Casshern and apparently my hunch was right after all.

So, my theory about ringo:
As Oji already said, Casshern, Dio and Lena were failed experiments. Now I think that Ringo might be the successor (a robot with human capabilities). Furthermore because she's a robot, she's affected by the ruin too, which explains her rusting.
Jan 9, 2009 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
Excellent episode! Many revelations!
Jan 11, 2009 12:10 AM

May 2008
gdrocks said:
Yeah me too, im starting to get a feeling that Ringo and Luna are kinda related, they probably have something in common.

I'm pretty darn positive this is the case, but I can't really say anything for sure.

GREAT progress, this really looks like its getting somewhere now.
Jan 14, 2009 5:01 PM

Sep 2007
Very pleased. The first part of the episode was dull, but Casshern's emotional reaction at the end was pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing where they're taking this.
Jan 15, 2009 6:35 PM

Jan 2009
i think ringo can bare child
because as braking boss said mr oji or doctor created robots that will reproduce when mating like dio (male), casshern (male), leda (female) so i think the last female that he created to prodcue offspring was ringo so thats why she have blood as a human

the ending song is cool love it
Jan 17, 2009 7:31 AM

Dec 2008
Oh no they killed the lovely Ending Theme ; )

I was worried about Ringo the whole episode even if shes not my favorite character.
I think I cant stand it if something happened to this child
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2009 11:13 AM

Jan 2008
Amazing episode, very depressing though... Poor Casshern!

New ending theme makes me say yay!
Jan 3, 2010 3:50 PM
Oct 2009
plot development how i love it so.
Feb 5, 2010 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
no one actually died in this episode, thats new, plus braiking boss shows up too
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 8, 2010 10:48 PM

Feb 2009
Nice detail in this episode. For example, when Ringo finds the bottle in the rain, the raindrops play the first four notes of the "Dies Irae" theme from the requiem funeral mass for the dead. It seems that series usually pull out all the stops for their mid-point episode and this was no exception.
Nov 6, 2010 6:31 PM

Dec 2008
Braiking Boss, you bastard!!!
I knew there was something mysterious about Oji.
Ringo is just adorable. I was crying while watching her try to comfort Casshern and stop him from killing himself.
Aug 11, 2011 8:19 PM

May 2010
I've been thinking this for a while, but isn't Braiking Boss a hilariously stupid name? That had to come from the original (which I hear was more campy).
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 22, 2012 4:59 PM
Jan 2012
Ringo: Casshern!
Casshern: *turns around*
Ringo: *giggles* Casshe- *trips* oof.
Casshern: ...Ringo?...Why are you here??
Ringo: Heheheh...I just tripped. :)
SHE"S SO CUTE A:SOUDNSDLIGUSBFLJHGBE#R(*Q#HP:IUBSDLIHGSBLHGB:LEIUBF

I'm kind of worried about her since she is starting to rust D:
CASSHERN DON"T KILL HER.

Love the soundtrack during Casshern's resistance to kill Ringo.
Jul 28, 2012 9:28 PM

May 2008
Best episode so far, I really hope the series maintains this sort of pace.
Aug 19, 2012 2:15 AM

Jul 2008
Now we are finally getting somewhere. Now I can't wait for the next episode. How the hell did braiking boss program casshern to kill Luna, and why the hell would the professor go along with it then turn and blame Casshern? He needs a punch to the face.
Sep 14, 2012 10:25 PM

Oct 2011
wow ,so many things happened i don't kow how to sumirize it other than Awesome!
Oct 6, 2012 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
Ringo is half human & robot?

I dreaded a bit in the beginning, seeing a mother and baby dying slowly of "ruin".
May 17, 2013 10:45 PM
Aug 2011
The beginning was bleh because I just hate Lyuze.
But then we finally got some answers!

What a nice turnaround for this episode.
Dec 22, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2012
Phew, I'm relieved Ringo survived this episode..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.