Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2008 6:14 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thiis ep was SOOOOOO good-ood-oooooood!!!!!! *cries*
Dec 22, 2008 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
'Twas beautiful. Was happy when Yuuko and Yu saw each other again but then.... ;____;
Dec 22, 2008 9:07 PM

Nov 2008
Very beautiful. I liked how Yuuko looks with her wings. Kuze and Mizuki are great together finally. The English with German and Japanese shows another great variety. Me cried TONS! T_T there same as you all. Ok, this episode has got my full review now. Here we go.

The beginning of the episode was very sad! T_T Remember Yuuko being dead more because her tomb is there with a very beautiful . OMG I just realized Yuuko was 16 when she died! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuko! T_T Aaaaaaaaah! So young she died. T_T
The message sleep in heaven was very beautiful in the tomb and I am sure Yuuko would like it. The other message about courage to try to live is great to not give up and not commit suicide. Never a solution, always live to the fullest. Very nice sight of seeing Yuu put flowers on the grave of Yuuko, always a good sign of respect.

What a delight to see next Chihiro in Christmas get up! Great fan thing they did, I wanted myself to see her in the anime rather than only in pics! Renji is such a lucky guy! :D The food also look delicious that even now I am looking forward to my own with family people. :D Anyways it was very happy to see Hiro and Miayko together just like in #11. I liked it when Miyako said "Kiowa oha io jana kite Merry Christmas da yo" which means today is not good morning but Merry Christmas! :D Funny scene since Hiro looked beat up. Kei and Kyosuke, another nice couple that I will miss. :( It will be sad to not see them again but I have to say I am very happy for them. I also liked the angel statue on the school grounds, it looked very nice!

Nagi and Yuu, what can be said but great to see that they talk once again in this episode. Yuu drawing again is good to see since I did not see him much draw in the present time. Nagi, I wonder if she still wants to go out with Yuu, although she does ask Yuu to still forget about Yuuko doubt he ever will. Of course Kuze and Mizuki are amazing! So happy that Kuze passed through the operation safely and is with Mizuki. Like Mizuki's red dress! :D Good they are together! Kuze violin and Mizuki's singing--------->excellent!

Pretty cool of Kuze to give back the keys to the roof of the school to Yuu so that he can finish up things. I also want to mention that was nice of Yuu and Kuze to speak to each other in German. I also noticed there was a switch between Australia and Japan as well as mentions of Hiro not being able to forget Yuuko. It was very well shown in this part of Yuuko being connected to the Church in Japan and Australia since she appeared before Kei/Kyosuke and Hiro/Myako.

Oh how lovely the scene of Yuuko going towards Yuu to pick up the flowers he has for her. It was very lovely also to see Yuuko being next to Yuu all cuddly. This is truly a spiritual miracle that her spirit is so real and there.I don't want to brag religion too much but Yuuko may be another Jesus Christ/Virgin Marry. She has all the qualities especially with such a strong spiritual presence. More great things keep coming, what followed was even more emotional. Yuu knew with the keys in hand how Yuuko helped connect so many people into couples and spread love properly and not like that SOB Amamiya sensei had.

What followed was very emotional. I literally exhausted at T_T. So beautiful when Yuu said to Yuuko "Aishiteru Yuuko zuto" AMAZING! Uwaaaaaah i cried so much it looked as if at that time the wold just stopped moving to see my tears. Then Yuuko going up in the sky like an angel and leaving Yuu a white feather was astonishingly beautiful. Have not seen anything like since Haibane Renmei. Yuuko passing through the light and Yuu not being to see her around was T_T but also there was much beauty in it. So sad it turns out like that Is it just my conception but did Yuu's weak eyes tell us he is withering away and perhaps might it be a reason Yuuko cried since she knows he might die soon?

Most likely when Yuuko was gone up in heavens leaving Yuu hand was extremely sad. T_T I wish Yuu more patience to live fullest then join her in heavens, perhaps that is why Yuuko did not want him to kill sensei, since he would not be able to go to heavens since in Christianity killing is one of the worst sins ever! Therefore he would not be able to go to heavens with Yuuko. That scene with Mizuki and Yuu was weird after, why would she hold his hand like a lover when she has Kuze? O_o Was a little strange there.

The rest that follows was nice mainly nice due its meanings and that it was in English.
I will miss this show a lot! It was a great show full of emotions and -------> T_T

Guess I should thank MAL for being to share all this on the net.

1.Yuuko x Yuu Forever!
2.Chihiro in Santa outfit. :P

In spoiler
1.What is THAT!? Mizuki is to be with Kuze so she is cheating already?
slayer545-samaDec 23, 2008 12:57 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 22, 2008 10:06 PM

Jan 2008
Yay! Christmas episode :)
Great ending. Plus, new ED (I think?)!

Loved this scene:

Sort of a bittersweet ending for Himura and Yuuko:

Dec 23, 2008 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Very beautiful. I liked how Yuuko looks with her wings. Kuze and Mizuki are great together finally. The English with German and Japanese shows another great variety. Me cried TONS! T_T there same as you all. Ok, this episode has got my full review now. Here we go.

The beginning of the episode was very sad! T_T Remember Yuuko being dead more because her tomb is there with a very beautiful . OMG I just realized Yuuko was 16 when she died! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuko! T_T Aaaaaaaaah! So young she died. T_T
The message sleep in heaven was very beautiful in the tomb and I am sure Yuuko would like it. The other message about courage to try to live is great to not give up and not commit suicide. Never a solution, always live to the fullest. Very nice sight of seeing Yuu put flowers on the grave of Yuuko, always a good sign of respect.

Oh how lovely the scene of Yuuko going towards Yuu to pick up the flowers he has for her. It was very lovely also to see Yuuko being next to Yuu all cuddly. This is truly a spiritual miracle that her spirit is so real and there.I don't want to brag religion too much but Yuuko may be another Jesus Christ/Virgin Marry. She has all the qualities especially with such a strong spiritual presence. More great things keep coming, what followed was even more emotional. Yuu knew with the keys in hand how Yuuko helped connect so many people into couples and spread love properly and not like that SOB Amamiya sensei had.

What followed was very emotional. I literally exhausted at T_T. So beautiful when Yuu said to Yuuko "Aishiteru Yuuko zuto" AMAZING! Uwaaaaaah i cried so much it looked as if at that time the wold just stopped moving to see my tears. Then Yuuko going up in the sky like an angel and leaving Yuu a white feather was astonishingly beautiful. Have not seen anything like since Haibane Renmei. Yuuko passing through the light and Yuu not being to see her around was T_T but also there was much beauty in it. So sad it turns out like that Is it just my conception but did Yuu's weak eyes tell us he is withering away and perhaps might it be a reason Yuuko cried since she knows he might die soon?

Most likely when Yuuko was gone up in heavens leaving Yuu hand was extremely sad. T_T I wish Yuu more patience to live fullest then join her in heavens, perhaps that is why Yuuko did not want him to kill sensei, since he would not be able to go to heavens since in Christianity killing is one of the worst sins ever! Therefore he would not be able to go to heavens with Yuuko. That scene with Mizuki and Yuu was weird after, why would she hold his hand like a lover when she has Kuze? O_o Was a little strange there.

The rest that follows was nice mainly nice due its meanings and that it was in English.
I will miss this show a lot! It was a great show full of emotions and -------> T_T

Guess I should thank MAL for being to share all this on the net.

1.Yuuko x Yuu Forever!

In spoiler

For Mizuki and Yuu ---> They don't want us to think of them as lovers, but as child and father. It's like Yuuko and Yuu were Mizuki's parents! And I think that's beautiful! And the think Yuu said about Mizuki's name it was the same as Yuuko! aaaaaawwwwwww Made me cry!!

All your reflections about Yuu and Yuuko are sooooo beautiful!! I totally agree!
I love the "Aishiteru Yuuko" and then Yuuko said: ''Chigaimasu deshou? Aishiteta deshou?"
In english: "I love you, Yuuko"
"It's not like that right? You loved me right?"
*cry* SOOOOOOOOO SAD!!! She just said that she's dead! But even if she dead *cry*, can't he still love her?

I think that if Yuuko was the "Jesus Christ/Virgin Marry" I would be really religious!!
I can't belive this is the end... I would like to have another tale... But this was the sequel and the end...
Dec 23, 2008 8:01 AM

Nov 2007
IMO the scene of Yuu saying he was alrght but clearly lying (blinking) was just amazing
Dec 23, 2008 8:35 AM

Aug 2007
aidouca said:
For Mizuki and Yuu ---> They don't want us to think of them as lovers, but as child and father. It's like Yuuko and Yuu were Mizuki's parents! And I think that's beautiful! And the think Yuu said about Mizuki's name it was the same as Yuuko! aaaaaawwwwwww Made me cry!!

Agree on that thought. They were like parents to her in a time when she had no one... I also think that Yuu and Yuuko are the actual people around this whole series is about, as they are the key (frequently shown) to the couples.

On the moment that Mizuki and Kuze appeared all dressed up in the church, I had something like: WHAT?! They're going to marry? Already? =.= Wew, it was just Kuze playing his violin and a singing Mizuki as a way to prove their respect for Yuuko. Reminds me, Kuze ''thought'' in Japanese, in contrary in one of the previous episodes. The ''Danke'' and ''Gute Reise'' made me smile a bit. [For those who don't speak a word of German: ''Thanks'' and ''Have a good journey''] This season was really nice, but I still rated it an eight.
DragonsWhipDec 23, 2008 8:39 AM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 23, 2008 10:27 AM

Feb 2008
the 2nd season sucked compare to the 1st season. what im pissed off is that yuuko miraculously comes back n talks to himura n disappear. wtf was that. besides that meh it was decent. i wish himura choose the big booby onee-san.
Dec 23, 2008 11:30 AM

Nov 2007
DragonsWhip said:

Agree on that thought. They were like parents to her in a time when she had no one... I also think that Yuu and Yuuko are the actual people around this whole series is about, as they are the key (frequently shown) to the couples.

On the moment that Mizuki and Kuze appeared all dressed up in the church, I had something like: WHAT?! They're going to marry? Already? =.= Wew, it was just Kuze playing his violin and a singing Mizuki as a way to prove their respect for Yuuko. Reminds me, Kuze ''thought'' in Japanese, in contrary in one of the previous episodes. The ''Danke'' and ''Gute Reise'' made me smile a bit. [For those who don't speak a word of German: ''Thanks'' and ''Have a good journey''] This season was really nice, but I still rated it an eight.

I think that Yuuko is the key.
&& I tought the same for Kuze and Mizuki.

king4k2 said:
the 2nd season sucked compare to the 1st season. what im pissed off is that yuuko miraculously comes back n talks to himura n disappear. wtf was that. besides that meh it was decent. i wish himura choose the big booby onee-san.

I think you're totally wrong!
Actually I think the season 1 sucked compared to season 2!
And everything is about the fact Yuuko is like an angel and comes back. Even in season 1, I knew she was extraordinary. I thought of thefact that maybe she's dead
Dec 23, 2008 11:44 AM

Nov 2008

Yes! Yuuko would be a great sister and I would definitely follow her religious around. :)
I hope they could surprise with a OVA and there is the possibility of a 3rd season. The future of these couples can create new children for the future and another Tale may yet be!

Yes Yuu can still love Yuuko as a spirit. Did people stop loving Jesus when he was dead? NO! They still loved him, although Yuu is more on a personal level, God will never stop true love! God will never separate people that truly love them, where there is no I love you cause of your body or money!

Yes, I cried, cried, cried, cried, cried, cried, cried and cried a lot! Very emotional and as good as #11 if not better!

Thanks for the comments about my reviews. I try to do good ones like that when I have the time. However a felt a strong urgency to finish a good review for this last episode as I have yet to have time to do whole anime reviews on MAL. Which to me look like they take a while to do.
Dec 23, 2008 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
i Sort of liked this one better than the first.
Loved the singing/violin @the church.

&i heard the phrase, "Merry Christmas"... so much xD.
Dec 23, 2008 3:36 PM

Nov 2007
slayer545-sama said:

Yes! Yuuko would be a great sister and I would definitely follow her religious around. :)
I hope they could surprise with a OVA and there is the possibility of a 3rd season. The future of these couples can create new children for the future and another Tale may yet be!

I think this was actually the end forever. I guess it was a little because of that thtI cried so much. In the beginning of te game: a latter tale, they say:
"this is the sequel and the end..."
And since there's no other game of ef... I know it's really sad!!!! *cry*
&& Welcome ;D
Dec 23, 2008 4:48 PM

Sep 2008
i dont care what other people say, ef (both of them) will be my favorites for a long time.

the animation was very unique and great to watch. the openings keep on changing, which corresponds to what happens to the actual episode. (i even made a comparison video for all the openings and put it on youtube earlier today).

i just need to know 1 thing, whats the ending song in the episode after ebullient future?
its written in kanji in the credits so i dont know what its called.

edit: nevermind, found the name of the song.
'ever forever'
sung by the japanese cast of ef
just like the opening where ebullient future = ef,
ever forever came from the episode title for ep1 and 12 combined.
atruong18Dec 23, 2008 6:08 PM
Dec 23, 2008 5:41 PM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one who thinks they speak a little fast?

It was good, really, but... "Yuu-kuwatashigazuttoanatawoaishiteimashita"... In the game it was a little slower and more sad... But it was ok. I like it anyway.

I really liked when they meet. I cried when she go away... And when she said that he doesn't love her, he loved. Sad. ._.

And when he blinked! He lied... And she cried... Wow. ._. I loved this anime.

Memories and Melodies are my favorites animes. Gonna miss. >_<
yonmiDec 23, 2008 5:49 PM
Dec 24, 2008 4:48 AM
Feb 2008
This cour felt rushed.
Dec 24, 2008 4:53 AM
Oct 2007
Best ending EVER!

Yuuko remained as an angel all along to help those she cared for find their own happiness and now that her "mission" is done, she can rest in peace. The ending image of Yuu by himself and then Yuuko in her angel form appeared beside him was simply beautiful. The episode was well titled since she'll always be beside and watching over him and he'll always love her.

Love the final dialogue merged from "monologues" of every character at the end. Many life lessons came from this series. All my tears were worth it. A recommendable masterpiece.
Dec 24, 2008 4:53 AM

Jun 2008
I feel the same way about it. It's so sad.

I also love the final opening song. How Mizuki grabs Yuuko's hand and they run, that Yu breaks free from the nail in his hands,
and that Yuuko got wings in the ending of it.

But personally, I liked season 1 more though.
Dec 24, 2008 5:43 AM

Jul 2008
simply awsome, awwesoomme. an awesome end for a awesome serie with awesome characters><
especially this hole christmas mood today fits perfetly with this episode.
great how they connected everything to each other, or that there are two otowa, those impressive phrases, everything was so stunning.
if one aint sure if anime is art, here is the answer.
now i cant wait for minoris next work EDEN*
but first i have to play the VN of ef.
KisekiDec 24, 2008 5:48 AM

Dec 24, 2008 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
A great end, a really nice episode, ef is probably gonna stay as one of my favourites for a long, long time.
But somehow, thing is I didn't really tear much when I was watching this... It's either I'm too sleepy when I'm watching it, or I'm just not moved easily these days, cos I haven't been tearing at anime where people said they cried when they watch it... I guess I'll rewatch it after Christmas. :P
And I gotta say, this episode felt rushed, the quality drop was visible, but it was still acceptable nonetheless.
Dec 24, 2008 8:07 AM

Jun 2008
Can't believe it is over ; ;

Holding back your tears and only looking towards the future is too romantic of an idea ; ;

I didn't cry once during this Season though. Unfortunate! Then again, True Tears took my tears a couple seasons ago!

Was good nonetheless.

XD, guess I was the only '4' voter so far.

Dec 24, 2008 9:13 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah the ending was really good... I wish Yuuko didn't have to leave though.
Dec 24, 2008 10:28 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, I can't believe it's over.

I was actually surprised when I noticed I was crying at the part where Yuu looked like he was about to cry and Yuuko was crying (before Yuuko left). It was so sad!

I have to say my favorite part of this episode is the end where they did the OP in Japanese and they added Yuuko in there and it was colored like they've overcome their pain. And I was also crying at the end where everyone's voices said stuff like "You're not alone" and "You will overcome the pain". I really really really loved that.

I'm not expecting a second season since this pretty much looked like an ending. And since there's no other games... there will most likely and probably not be another ending.
An OVA is definetely possible, though. Maybe they will make other characters (possibly kids from the couples?). But maybe not other characters because they will have to make another season for them (for more of a story). Though it's still possible to make other characters, it probably won't happen.

An OVA for these couples is more likely than other characters, but whichever is okay with me.
I'm just hoping they do make an OVA!
you are my master.
Dec 24, 2008 11:22 AM

Sep 2008
i actually cried when yuuko disappeared D: just sad but really good ending. giving it a 9/10
Dec 24, 2008 1:25 PM

Oct 2007
YuukiHime said:
An OVA for these couples is more likely than other characters, but whichever is okay with me.
There is no need for another OVA I thought that is it and they might already covered everything from the game.

I wish people here able to check the ending from the game which is beautiful and priceless but you have to see the animation yourself to be fully understand it.

Here is some images from the ending game, well that is what you could expected from the guy who make "5 Centimeters per Second"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 24, 2008 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
Great ending, a little bit too happy, but still great.

Uhh, poor Yuu, he left alone once again...
Dec 24, 2008 4:39 PM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
YuukiHime said:
There is no need for another OVA I thought that is it and they might already covered everything from the game.

I wish people here able to check the ending from the game which is beautiful and priceless but you have to see the animation yourself to be fully understand it.

Here is some images from the ending game, well that is what you could expected from the guy who make "5 Centimeters per Second"

Amazing ED in the game but the anime is just so much more special in its own way that it would impossible to describe it with so little.
Dec 24, 2008 4:49 PM

Jul 2008
Although I didn't like the way they did episode 11 after what happened in episode 10, this was a great ending.

aidouca said:
All your reflections about Yuu and Yuuko are sooooo beautiful!! I totally agree!
I love the "Aishiteru Yuuko" and then Yuuko said: ''Chigaimasu deshou? Aishiteta deshou?"
In english: "I love you, Yuuko"
"It's not like that right? You loved me right?"
*cry* SOOOOOOOOO SAD!!! She just said that she's dead! But even if she dead *cry*, can't he still love her?

This and just the whole episode 10 were without a doubt the best parts of this tale in my opinion. Without these scenes I probably wouldn't have ended up rating this series a '10' after all. =)
Also surprised me how Mizuka told Yuu she was the kid he met the day Yuuko died, yet I really loved it.

Though not as good as first season, also this tale was ranked a 'masterpiece' by me.
Dec 24, 2008 5:33 PM
Dec 2008
Oh man, what a moving ending. Eventhough it's quite a happy ending I still feel sad about what happened to Yuuko.
I can't fool myself, ofcourse I knew it wouldn't end with Yuu and Yuuko together but I longed for it anyhow.

Also as stated earlier, I really loved the ED. I loved the missing colors that finally came to use.

I rated this a masterpiece BUT I think I still like memories better. I'm just a sucker happy endings.
Dec 24, 2008 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
well now everything makes sense.
ef - melodies is less sequel, more side-story. In comparison to season 1, it's not as good, but as an anime, Shin Oonuma and the SHAFT team did it again. This ending felt MUCH more conclusive and just increased my desire 10-fold to play the game.

Overall, great series: 9/10
Dec 24, 2008 5:40 PM

Dec 2007
Horrendous horrendous ending to what started as a great anime. For 2 whole episodes I was throughly disappointed. At least this is a step up from the worse episode I have ever seen this season in episode 11, but, it was nowhere near the excellence that first season brought, nor even the Yuuko abuse episode earlier i nthe series, and hte Mizuki arc is even more boring than mediocre anime like Akane-Iro. What a disappointment.
Dec 24, 2008 7:47 PM

Dec 2008
One's sacrifice brought forth a bright future for others. *applauds* This anime was well done. Though I do agree that it went a little quicker than usual, it was still brilliantly made. At least the viewer was able to sample the essence of Yuu and Yuuko's romance one last time. Both the prequel and the side-story were well made. Sometimes we must say goodbye, before things become good again. Goes to show that the memories of the heart and the melodies of the soul can bring beautiful music to all humanity. :]

slayer545-sama said:

In spoiler

I believe you've forgotten a very important fact...

SilentMuseDec 24, 2008 7:52 PM
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Dec 24, 2008 9:01 PM

Nov 2008
SisterStrange said:
One's sacrifice brought forth a bright future for others. *applauds* This anime was well done. Though I do agree that it went a little quicker than usual, it was still brilliantly made. At least the viewer was able to sample the essence of Yuu and Yuuko's romance one last time. Both the prequel and the side-story were well made. Sometimes we must say goodbye, before things become good again. Goes to show that the memories of the heart and the melodies of the soul can bring beautiful music to all humanity. :]

slayer545-sama said:

In spoiler

I believe you've forgotten a very important fact...

Guess it was that symbolic, my bad *_* I guess I did not like her blushing. I did not intend it like that but I guess the point being was her blushing. That's all.
Dec 24, 2008 11:00 PM

Sep 2007
So, uh... no happy end for Nagi? Yuu dumps her for Yuuko, then Kuze dumps her for Mizuki. And then Yuu doesn't go back to her even though Yuuko leaves.

Regardless, liked it as much as the first season. Good ending.
Dec 25, 2008 12:06 PM

Jan 2008
Let's see... The resolution of the story was really well-done, though Yuuko's was obviously somewhat sad. Not that that's a bad thing, but it kinda stood out from the others, seeing how every other story came to a happy conclusion.
The ending-theme was utter brilliance, way better than what I could have expected. (I was expecting Ever Forever to be the last ending-theme, but it just worked SO much better than I thought it would, maybe because of how the music actually transitions between Ebullient Future and Ever Forever without stopping for a second, with the characters speaking over the instrumentals.)
As for the series as a whole, it was good, but not without its flaws. They sometimes went overboard with the abstract visuals, and they spent too many episodes on Kuze talking to himself, but in the end, I still enjoyed the series. I'd give the last episode a 9/10, and the series in general gets an 8/10.
Dec 25, 2008 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
THAT was so beautiful. Great final episode.
Now I can really say that ef - a tale of melodies is one of the best anime I've ever seen.
It was a bit weird that Yu said "Danke" and Kuze said "Gute Reise". But at least it didn't sound bad. ^^
The Opening at the end (lol, that sounds wrong) was great too. Yu was able to break free.
So good. <3

It was so good seeing Yuuko that way. <3

11/10 if it was possible. ;-)
De-JaYDec 25, 2008 1:29 PM
Dec 26, 2008 12:21 AM

Aug 2008
Well, that was a meaningful ending, but...the ends just don't justify the means for me. This season was a practical copycat of last season, and, figuratively I get it, but everything was just so dramatically predictable that this show really lost its impact. Everyone except fore Yuuko and, technically, Himura get a happy ending, and pretty bows get tied to all of the plot lines. I was just particularly underwhelmed by what was a pretty good show in Memories. I don't know...this show will probably get somewhere between a 4-6, I'll just have to sleep on it.
Dec 26, 2008 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
noteDhero said:
Well, that was a meaningful ending, but...the ends just don't justify the means for me. This season was a practical copycat of last season, and, figuratively I get it, but everything was just so dramatically predictable that this show really lost its impact. Everyone except fore Yuuko and, technically, Himura get a happy ending, and pretty bows get tied to all of the plot lines. I was just particularly underwhelmed by what was a pretty good show in Memories. I don't know...this show will probably get somewhere between a 4-6, I'll just have to sleep on it.

So it was predictable that Amamiya will burn himself. It was predictable that Yuko will die in a car accident. It was predictable how all the characters were chained together. If Yuko and Himura will actually meet and what will they say was predictable.
What ever if you can read the future thats fine for you.
Anyways i loved this season as well. Another unique creation that follows Memories steps. It completes the 1st season so match. It was really well-made. The animation the music the openings the endings.Everything.
I loved Yuuko so much.Im amazed at how much the character development was in only 12 eps.Well anyways i gave it 9/10. Really nice.
PS> At the ending of final ep When Himura broke the nails and left himself free i got the chills.
Dec 26, 2008 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
Cloud1234 said:
noteDhero said:

So it was predictable that Amamiya will burn himself. It was predictable that Yuko will die in a car accident. It was predictable how all the characters were chained together. If Yuko and Himura will actually meet and what will they say was predictable.
Anyways i loved this season as well. Another unique creation that follows Memories steps. It completes the 1st season so match. It was really well-made. The animation the music the openings the endings.Everything.
I loved Yuuko so much.Im amazed at how much the character development was in only 12 eps.Well anyways i gave it 9/10. Really nice.
PS> At the ending of final ep When Himura broke the nails and left himself free i got the chills.

It was predictable because, generally, it was the same structure as Memories. Yuuko was clearly dead in Memories, so when the scene came around in Melodies, I knew she was going to get hit by a car, it was almost shot for shot from Rumbling Hearts. I said so in the discussion there if you don't believe me. Amamiya had to die, but did I know he was going to die in a fire...no. All the characters were linked together from the beginning in Memories, so no, it's not predictable, it's just an established fact. Nothing Yuuko or Himura said to each other was at all original. The gist of the converstation was, "Here's the gift I couldn't give to you, but you gave me the gift of loving you, and now I'm alright now that you're dead...I just had to say that to you." Not at all original.

I can't read the future, but what is overdone is overdone. What I liked about Memories is that it was rather daring in how they presented the show, especially concerning direction, lenses, and perspective. But there were too many times in Melodies where I was saying to myself "that's just like this scene in Memories, or this storyline in Melodies really feels the same as this storyline in Memories."

As I said, that may have been the goal from the beginning to parallel Himura's vision of creating the city in Austrailia, but it definitely was at the behest of having a fresh story, and fresh visuals.
Dec 26, 2008 3:06 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, what a great ending, sad that's its over though
Will miss Yuuko
A 10/10 from me, was just amazing in every aspect for me.
Dec 26, 2008 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
The blinding positivity in this episode has left me disoriented.
Dec 26, 2008 3:51 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
Cloud1234 said:
noteDhero said:

It was predictable because, generally, it was the same structure as Memories. Yuuko was clearly dead in Memories, so when the scene came around in Melodies, I knew she was going to get hit by a car, it was almost shot for shot from Rumbling Hearts. I said so in the discussion there if you don't believe me. Amamiya had to die, but did I know he was going to die in a fire...no. All the characters were linked together from the beginning in Memories, so no, it's not predictable, it's just an established fact. Nothing Yuuko or Himura said to each other was at all original. The gist of the converstation was, "Here's the gift I couldn't give to you, but you gave me the gift of loving you, and now I'm alright now that you're dead...I just had to say that to you." Not at all original.

I can't read the future, but what is overdone is overdone. What I liked about Memories is that it was rather daring in how they presented the show, especially concerning direction, lenses, and perspective. But there were too many times in Melodies where I was saying to myself "that's just like this scene in Memories, or this storyline in Melodies really feels the same as this storyline in Memories."

As I said, that may have been the goal from the beginning to parallel Himura's vision of creating the city in Austrailia, but it definitely was at the behest of having a fresh story, and fresh visuals.

Don't feel the same as you noteDhero but I understand your point. Then again shouldn't this parallel thing you mentioned essential to making Melodies work with Memories. I don't think it would work out otherwise.
Dec 26, 2008 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
sniW said:
Loved this scene:

Sort of a bittersweet ending for Himura and Yuuko:

Me too !!! *___*
And Mizuki is really pretty in this dress !! <3 (i'm so happy about Kuze ! He succeed in his challenge !)

An excellent end for Ef ... a lot of sadness (Yuuko T___T) but i love the final message of Ef, the Hope !
Ef is just great ! A fabulous romantic-drama !

Dec 26, 2008 5:12 PM
Mar 2008
Simply amazing.
Dec 26, 2008 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
Wonderful ending, wonder if there will be a third season?
Dec 26, 2008 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
slayer545-sama said:
noteDhero said:
Cloud1234 said:
noteDhero said:

Don't feel the same as you noteDhero but I understand your point. Then again shouldn't this parallel thing you mentioned essential to making Melodies work with Memories. I don't think it would work out otherwise.

Yeah, that was just an assumption. I really do think that this feeling of parallel-ness or sameness between the two is intentional, but for me it feel more rehash than nostalgic i guess.
Dec 26, 2008 7:44 PM

Jul 2007
Great episode, though I was hoping he would get with Nagi in the end T__T.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Dec 26, 2008 10:26 PM

Jul 2008
Such a bittersweet end to a beautiful series. It kind of annoys me though because Kuze and Misuki got their happy ending, but yet Yuu Yuuko did not.
Dec 27, 2008 3:23 AM

Nov 2007
It's not really a bad ending for Yuu and Yuuko ... even if Yuuko is died (T___T), she finally seen Yuu !

Zig-sama said:
Wonderful ending, wonder if there will be a third season?

No, i don't want ! D= ... this end is excellent !
One or two oav, it's ok (like a little bonus lol), but a third season, in my opinion, it's a bad idea ! Moreover, it can't be possible because Melodies is the end of the Ef circle.

But we can hope a future adaptation of the new Minori's game : Eden ^__^

Dec 27, 2008 3:34 AM

Aug 2007
Wishy said:
Simply amazing.

nuff said
Dec 27, 2008 4:05 AM

Jun 2008
An amazing series, and a great sequel. Earns a 10 from me.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 8, 2008

196 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 2, 2008

84 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 24, 2008

89 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.