Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2008 8:15 PM

Feb 2008
Leon-Gun said:
DeathfireD said:

I actually thought they tossed in those characters and showed their deaths at the start as a way to say "Hey good characters can die in this series so expect the worst". It also felt like a way to show that there was more people that had special powers and it wasn't just a select group. The whole killing at the start was what grabbed my attention in the first place anyway. The story from where was decent but I would have liked to see more episodes like the first one.
They needed to have given the two star members of that group some backstory. They showed in other ways that there were more exorcists besides the ones from the Agency (there's entire families who've done this job for generations). I feel like they wasted potential. It's not like they could not have fitted in somewhere, as both teams knew each other well.
I'd rather have more Yomi than some random dead guy story. But that's just me.
Dec 28, 2008 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
I in such a bad mood at the beginning of watching this...after having finished Kurozuka and Chaos Head, but by about half-way through, I was in a much better mood. An actual story with good characters and plot, with a great climax and development. I really liked this episode, and grew to like this show, which started out very roughly and with too much ecchi for my taste. Overall, the realationship between Kagura and Yomi was the heart and they really succeded in telling that story. 7/10 for me.
Dec 28, 2008 9:54 PM

Dec 2008
Brilliant ending to the series! The emotions captured within the sibling relationship between Yomi and Kagura were executed well. The viewer could easily understand the powerful emotions Kagura feels at the very end, especially since now we cannot blame her if she ends up becoming numb and feeling nothing towards others.

Surely there must be a second season. After all, Ga Rei Zero is a prequel. If the creators went against making a second season, then they should not have considered making Ga Rei Zero to begin with. I'm already anticipating the second season and what Kagura and Kensuke have in store for the audience! :]
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Dec 28, 2008 10:49 PM

Sep 2007
Kotori said:
A second season without Yomi will be pointless.

QFT.
Dec 28, 2008 10:54 PM

Jan 2008
Yomi!! ;______;

I am also hoping for a second season. I want to see more of Moe Kagura <3
Dec 28, 2008 11:49 PM

Oct 2008
It seems that there will be a second season, considering that the blue butterfly guy is still alive..

Dec 29, 2008 12:38 AM

Aug 2007
kathy025 said:
Kotori said:

QFT.

Then you won't be disappointed then xD

God can only know why they decided to base a prequel on Yomi of all people...
Dec 29, 2008 10:00 AM

Oct 2008
The ending was great. A little different from what I thought it'd be after reading the manga, but still great. (Can't remember if they showed the part where Kagura kills Yomi as a flashback in the manga. Read it quite some time ago and I've forgotten most of it.)
Hearing Shiraishi Minoru do Kensuke's voice was weird. I don't think his character fits with the voice.
Hopefully there will be more anime of this series, but it'd probably be an adaption of the manga, if so.
Dec 29, 2008 11:13 AM

Nov 2007
Great ending. And there will obviously be another season, we just don't know when they will make it. Now to read the manga to spoil the second season.

I take icon requests.
Dec 29, 2008 11:25 AM

Oct 2007
loved the ending... it was pretty cool how they incorporated the manga into the end too... hope they make a second series cause yomi isnt dead yet... it would be cool for them to finish off the last part of her in the series...
Dec 29, 2008 11:51 AM
Nov 2008
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ..it's..over!!!..don't go!
..i so liked it...
Dec 29, 2008 12:52 PM

Sep 2008
the second duel in this episode make me cry :((
damn that BGM XD

well 10/10 for the last episode
9/10 for the whole series.
Dec 29, 2008 1:42 PM
Jun 2007
Surprisingly, no tears were shed while I was watching Yomi's eventual demise, but that doesn't make it any less depressing. the battle between them was so well executed, camera angles, flashbacks, and overall direction. Such a tragic figure end up with a noble death, she ends up taking a spot in my favorite characters list.
8/10 overall for the show.
Dec 29, 2008 4:12 PM

Feb 2008
Nice way to end the series, hopefully there will be a 2nd season based on the manga..
Dec 29, 2008 6:16 PM

Aug 2007
Like everybody else has already said over and over, a great way to end the series. And I really wouldn't mind a second season based on the manga.

In any case, I'm definitely picking up the manga.

Overall Ga-Rei Zero gets a 9/10 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 29, 2008 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
Pretty badass fight scene for the final episode, very pleased.
Dec 29, 2008 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
Such an amazing ending, one of those great animes I wish I had started watching when the first episode aired.

Really wish they had some intake from the squad at the beginning of the anime but It can't be helped. Either way it's still an amazing anime and this is on hell of an ending.

A second season wouldn't be bad and I think there's still a way for them to keep it going nice and good.
Dec 30, 2008 3:33 AM

Jul 2008
That was a great last episode, the fights were crisp and the emotions were strong. I am saddened that Yomi had to die, but I like the Kagura that results. 8/10 for the series.
Dec 30, 2008 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
9/10 overall
wonder if the second season follows the manga or not
Dec 30, 2008 12:16 PM
Jun 2008
question for the manga readers..does Kagura just only use Ga rei, or does she still use a sword and fight too? or is that just the guys job now?
Dec 30, 2008 12:59 PM

Sep 2008
AceSoldia said:
question for the manga readers..does Kagura just only use Ga rei, or does she still use a sword and fight too? or is that just the guys job now?

yupe. in the manga Kagura only use Ga-rei on a fight.
Dec 30, 2008 1:06 PM
Jun 2008
yea i just started reading it..that sucks..it makes her seem helpless only using that thing and relying on him.
Dec 30, 2008 1:11 PM

Dec 2008
Any hope for a 2nd serie or what? Seems like this wasnt the full end yet. I'm eager for more.
★♥ マイケル ♥★
"If you obey the rules - You miss all the fun" [Kumashiro Maya]
Dec 30, 2008 5:13 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
Leon-Gun said:
SilentPredator03 said:
That makes sense. In order to kill Mei, Yomi had to destroy her Death Stone. Kagura clearly didn't destroy Yomi's as it was in her head and Kagura stabbed her in the stomach.
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Well, this indeed is one of the stains in the season. They specifically created this cast of characters just to confuse manga readers and trick viewers. Everyone else was handled well, but those guys were just used then thrown aside once that episode was over with. An OVA could help, since I would advice against adding them in a proper manga adaptation (don't want manga readers screaming foul).

I actually thought they tossed in those characters and showed their deaths at the start as a way to say "Hey good characters can die in this series so expect the worst". It also felt like a way to show that there was more people that had special powers and it wasn't just a select group. The whole killing at the start was what grabbed my attention in the first place anyway. The story from where was decent but I would have liked to see more episodes like the first one.

Agreed. That initial massacre prepared me to think that all bets were off. Anyone could die, even the heroes. Even all the heroes. And I think they built on that theme throughout the season. Mei's quick death. The brutal attack on Yomi. Yomi's fall. Sakuraba's death. There were a lot of things that happened, but rarely was it dragged out.

Yomi!!! The final battle scene, and the flashbacks were heartwrenching. Seeing Kagura's memories, and Yomi's final wish. Ugh. You know it's coming, but it still doesn't dull the impact. Especially with that soft BGM playing. One thing I have to give GRZ credit for is picking out fantastic music that fits the mood of the battle perfectly. From rock, to techno, to strings, to this soft, vocal BGM, they just knocked it out of the park everytime.

Friendship. Revenge. Descent to the dark side. If only the SW prequels were half as good as GRZ was. This was a surprise series for me. I started watching, thinking it would be a pretty brainless action-fest, but the amount of depth in each episode, and really the relationship between Kagura and Yomi surprised me each week. It had everything I wanted in a series. Even comedy. Possible 10, easy 9 for me.
rabbitpoetsDec 30, 2008 5:18 PM
Dec 30, 2008 5:41 PM

Apr 2007
kathy025 said:
Kotori said:

QFT.

this.

anyway, nice ending, gets an 8/10
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 30, 2008 6:27 PM
Dec 2007
AceSoldia said:
yea i just started reading it..that sucks..it makes her seem helpless only using that thing and relying on him.
But it makes sense, doesn't it? If she weakens, Byakuei would break from it's seal. Of course, I bet it's more like they didn't want to overcomplicate things with more action. it is manga after all, and by what I've seen manga artists tend to evade action as much as possible, instead focusing on stills. I bet drawing Byakuei ripping through monsters is easy than drawing a three person swordfight.

Dec 30, 2008 6:51 PM

Aug 2007
Shame it ended... Got me all pumped up for the manga now.
Dec 31, 2008 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, wow, I really enjoyed this show more than I thought I would 8/10. I loved the first 2 episodes, then the middle was sort of boring (I want to pretend episode 4 never happened) but it ended awesomely.

Yomi!!! I love her <333. I wish they had shown more of Noriyuki in this episode, though.

Anyway, hoping to see a second season (manga adaptation)! Kensuke seems pretty cool, so I'm definitely watching it. Minori Shiraishi, FTW.

I totally agree with everyone who wants an OVA telling us more about the first episode's characters. They were really cool! In episode 8 or 9 (can't remember which), Yomi had a quick flashback to the scene in which she's telling Tooru to kill his girlfried that Butterfly Guy is controlling. That made me hopeful for a cameo another cameo, but there wasn't one...
amayadoriDec 31, 2008 5:00 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 31, 2008 5:39 AM
Nov 2007
I guess they can make a sequel cause they introduced Kensuke in the last part of the episode ^__^
Dec 31, 2008 5:57 AM

Jan 2008
Whew! That was finished. It was an enjoyable ride. I love the fight scenes between Kagura and Yomi with great animation and sound that went with it.

Shesh, I got teary eyed when Kagura said 'I love you' to Yomi and Yomi's wishes for Kagura.

LOL at Nori as fortuneteller. I'd wish for Nori x Yomi but that would be lame to end the show.

Looking forward for the sequel/ second season especially Ken.

Dec 31, 2008 8:48 AM
Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
AceSoldia said:
But it makes sense, doesn't it? If she weakens, Byakuei would break from it's seal. Of course, I bet it's more like they didn't want to overcomplicate things with more action. it is manga after all, and by what I've seen manga artists tend to evade action as much as possible, instead focusing on stills. I bet drawing Byakuei ripping through monsters is easy than drawing a three person swordfight.

as i'm now on chapter five of the manga..i agree..and i like the new guy anyway..he seems pretty cool..and at least can handle a sword.
Dec 31, 2008 8:49 AM
Mar 2008
That was a good ending. Another good ending would be Yomi stabbing Kagura instead (that's what I was thinking). Wtf @ Noriyuki lol. Kagura looked awesome at the end. I hope they animate more cause I want that little boy tornado kicked in the ear. Too bad for Yomi, she was my favorite character this series. Haven't read manga, I give it 9/10.
Dec 31, 2008 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
It was a really good ending, but I want more.. =( Still, I felt kinda sad when Kagura's father died..
Jan 1, 2009 4:19 PM

Dec 2008
After finishing this great show (hopefully to continue) was anyone just blown away by the first episode when you thought (if you've never heard of Ga-Rei) that orange squad werer the main characters and that lead guy and girl there were like awesome parters and stuff then Yomi destroys them in 5 seconds and your like WTF just happened??? how is this gonna continue with the main characters dead??? They all look edpretty cool though, its too bad they got obliterated.
Jan 1, 2009 11:02 PM

May 2008
Nice. Nothing less of what I had expected about this show xD

9/10 for me. Hope it enters the Top 30 soon.
Jan 2, 2009 2:47 AM

Dec 2008
shadysaiyan said:
After finishing this great show (hopefully to continue) was anyone just blown away by the first episode when you thought (if you've never heard of Ga-Rei) that orange squad werer the main characters and that lead guy and girl there were like awesome parters and stuff then Yomi destroys them in 5 seconds and your like WTF just happened??? how is this gonna continue with the main characters dead??? They all look edpretty cool though, its too bad they got obliterated.

That's exactly what I had in mind when I finished the first ep. I figured we'd get some flashbacks about that orange squad and then work our way up to the climax point. But it seems I was off when it came to the characters.
★♥ マイケル ♥★
"If you obey the rules - You miss all the fun" [Kumashiro Maya]
Jan 2, 2009 4:10 AM

Jun 2008
Well, any news about second season XD ? First season gets 9/10 from me.

I thought that Yomi would heal - that Kagura had to destroy Death Stone or something but ...guess not.
Jan 2, 2009 4:31 AM
Dec 2007
zerron said:
Well, any news about second season XD ? First season gets 9/10 from me.

I thought that Yomi would heal - that Kagura had to destroy Death Stone or something but ...guess not.
Go back a few pages and read the countless spoilers the manga readers were happy to spoil for us. And she did had to destroy it. Yomi did wish for her death though. *shrug*

Jan 2, 2009 6:39 AM
Sep 2008
Great last episode!! Next pl0x. :3

9/10 for this episode.
8/10 for the whole series.
Jan 2, 2009 3:30 PM

Sep 2007
What a GREAT series! I really love it! So sad and touching!
And I hope they adapt the manga too, because Ken-chan is sooo cute <3
9/10

Jan 2, 2009 5:51 PM
Jan 2008
Well done series, well done ending I want to start reading the manga though.
Jan 3, 2009 5:40 PM

Nov 2008
Sad but brilliant ending. Hope they come out with a second season.

9/10 for this episode
Jan 3, 2009 11:47 PM
Dec 2008
Let me digress abit,

Don't you think the first episode is kind of redundant? Characters like Tooru and Natsuki were killed off and no explaination of them whatsoever..
Jan 4, 2009 4:34 AM

Mar 2008

Thanks, I didn't know that.
Strife91Jan 4, 2009 4:43 AM
Jan 4, 2009 6:50 AM

Mar 2008
Oh man...

That was a helluva of an awesome series..

O.O

Completely impressed....zomg........ such a great series...and definitely deserves a second season....
Jan 5, 2009 7:33 PM

Aug 2008
great series, obviously left it openended for a possible second season. can only hope they do so. Yomi was great though rather disappointing she allowed such dark feelings to corrupt her.

thank you for the spoilers at the beginning, you are all a bunch of 'tards you know that? can only hope my memory craps out if they do animate the manga you so gleefully posted for us who haven't read it so the story isn't ruined
Jan 5, 2009 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
What everyone else said, 1st season awesome. 2nd season, want! There are enough good characters left & loose threads to warrant it.
Jan 6, 2009 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
OMG! Wtf? What an awesome Anime...

DonKangolJones said:
What everyone else said, 1st season awesome. 2nd season, want! There are enough good characters left & loose threads to warrant it.

*signed*

Sad Ending... I hoped until the end that something will happen to rescue Yomi... hrm... but I know it wouldn't happen anything... arw, but I'm also happy about this tragic end...hrm, I'm a little bit confused and jazzed... well, great series! T_______T
Jan 6, 2009 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
It's funny that I liked Kagura at the beginning of the series, Yomi in the middle, and then Kagura at the end. I mean, I still like Yomi more, but before she turned to the dark side. Evil Yomi was just too evil, whether it was intentional or not. Although I'll never forget the "Hello, Kagura" from Episode 10. :)

Jan 11, 2009 4:57 AM

Jun 2008
Poor Yomi >.< I liked her so much
An awesome episode but a sad ending :(

8/10
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.