Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 16, 2013 2:21 AM

Jul 2008
Give this a solid 9/10. The fights could have been longer and more epic but that was my only gripe but it was a small gripe.

Robin~Chwann at 18...*nosebleed*

Loved Zephyr as a character and so I really wish this story was canon. Maybe we'll find out who this mystery Warlord is in the future.
Apr 16, 2013 10:51 AM
Jan 2013
rasumii said:
Wait, when were the English Subs released?

Just 3 days ago or something
Apr 16, 2013 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
8/10 - A lot of good stuff

Zephyr / Z was a really well fleshed out character, and it really gave the entire story purpose.

18yo Robin FTW

Hmmm, I wonder if that girl with the regression powers kept touching Brook (oolala), would he eventually get his flesh back.
Apr 16, 2013 5:29 PM

May 2011
child nami<333, best One piece movie

Apr 16, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
It was awesome but the animation quality is not as good as Strong World but the action surpass it.
Apr 16, 2013 11:26 PM

Oct 2009
Eh, this movie really lacked for me. Visually it was nice, especially with how lazy the art in the show has been lately, but the story was pretty weak. It was good as a mindless showing of One Piece characters doing their thing, but Strong World felt better.
Apr 17, 2013 12:19 AM

Nov 2007
I have to say I wasn't wowed by the movie. It wasn't terrible, by any means, it just wasn't great, either. ^^;

High points for me:
- child!Nami was pretty damn cute!
- tiny!Chopper was even more adorable than regular size Chopper. :3 Especially with his jumping about to get in the camera shot. *lol*
- The onsen scene. :3 Fanservice, and Aoikiji's wounds
- Zoro and Sanji's fights (but I would have liked to have seen more, tbh)
- Luffy winning by hitting Z in the groin. >_< (at least I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Correct me if I'm wrong?)
- The animation was nice. :3

What I would like to know... I thought Z said, on the 3rd island, that the explosion had already started, just as Luffy shows up. So why did it not happen? Aokiji's ice? Why didn't he do that earlier, then, on the 2nd island? He was there watching that, too, iirc. Maybe it was poor translation, or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. I'll have to watch it again sometime, maybe.

And a little denouement would have been nice. More than the crew sailing away and the others weeping at the monument. It just felt very abrupt. "We showed the fight, no more to see here, keep moving, keep moving!"
Apr 17, 2013 12:42 AM
Aug 2008
Well .. It was really nice movie .. If they could let every movie related somehow with the series .. would be really something interesting .. a lot of positives in the movie .. Aokiji's appeariance was great .. it actually made like want to know what he's up to now more ! I'm also thinking that he might be joining the crew *please don't spoil it with yes or now if you read the manga* ..
One bad thing is that they only put opponents for the three .. well Franky had much credit .. Actually he's being one of the strongest now ! But we need also to see Robin as she was introduced as a monster before .. But we're not seeing any one on one fighting !
Chopper also have many abilities which makes him from the strongest ..
While Brook isn't that strong .. but he's the funniest .. and a fight for him wouldn't be bad either ..
Anyway good thing was that the fights wasn't long .. and the whole thing focused on the story .. and the background of Z .. Introducing the navy .. and the tear of one of them was great !
Kizaro is the usual Kizaro .. for him to say "Sensei" while killing him .. was really interesting !

Roronoa_Zoro_Fan said:
Best One Piece Movie Yet, atleast on the emotional viewpoint

Much much better than "Strong World" IMO which i felt was just "Flashy with no real substance"

Z's Character was really Fleshed out, towards the end i can't help but feel for him when that Epic background music started to play as he made his Last stand

(Z and Movie 6) for me are the 2 best One piece movies ever, Whereas Strong world was just another Nakama rescue arc extended into 2hrs format

10/10

For me .. The episode 0 by itself could surpass Movie 6 .. Where I agree with you that 6 was the third best ..

Z and Strong World .. Are related to the story .. which is really really good .. And gives a great impression about the Movies !
Apr 17, 2013 9:25 AM

Apr 2010
Zephyr!! You're the man!!
Respect!
Apr 17, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2008
Loved every bit of it! Truly!
But I kind of feel that I like Strong World storyline better!

But here, it's really for fan, just how many time I put a big smile on my face!

And again, I fell in love with the Ocean Song!
Apr 17, 2013 7:05 PM

Aug 2012
This was my first OP film after just recently catching up with the manga.

I have to say I am blown away.
Seriously can't wait for a dvd release.
Apr 17, 2013 8:34 PM

May 2012
Is it just me but it seems that this one seems a little serious. The fights are great but my favorite is still Strong world :) But nice Opening! Really done well.
Apr 17, 2013 11:08 PM

Jun 2010
I'm glad that it's not only me who thought that Strong World was better!
I didn't hate this movie! i really enjoy it very much but it lost something?
the moment when they inter Shiki's place was EPIC in strong world!! there was no moment like this in this movie.
but anyway I really Loved "Z" i'm sad he died ;; and i really loved how he use his nickname like the one he use when he was kid but it's sill sad ;;
Ain was awesome too! hope i can see more of her too ~
Apr 18, 2013 11:52 AM
Jun 2010
It was alright.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Apr 19, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
Why do people read the Manga of this? It's just a big "FUCKING SPOILER" you can never fully enjoy the anime.
Apr 19, 2013 1:48 PM

Nov 2010
jayvon said:
Why do people read the Manga of this? It's just a big "FUCKING SPOILER" you can never fully enjoy the anime.
There is no manga for this arc, it's a movie.
Apr 19, 2013 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
jayvon said:

There is no manga for this. This is a movie...

And:
1) The manga does a better job than the anime
2) The anime is the one spoiling of upcoming appearances, e.g. Law

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 19, 2013 8:20 PM

Jul 2010
Anime and manga are two different experiences and it's really quite easy to enjoy both.

Also this movie was pretty damn awesome.
Apr 20, 2013 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
Can somebody explain to me how it makes sense that Luffy managed to defeat a former Admiral no less? Is this movie saying that he can basically defeat someone like Kizaru at this point? I don't buy it. This movie's good, but much like Strong World, it's overrated. Besides, I felt that characters were out of character in some moments..
Apr 20, 2013 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
HATUL300 said:
Can somebody explain to me how it makes sense that Luffy managed to defeat a former Admiral no less? Is this movie saying that he can basically defeat someone like Kizaru at this point? I don't buy it. This movie's good, but much like Strong World, it's overrated. Besides, I felt that characters were out of character in some moments..

Z is already old and wasn't exactly healthy. He isn't Admiral level anymore IMO. Kizaru could defeat Z if their first fight was prolong. Aokiji could too and that's why they didn't fight. -_-

Apr 20, 2013 10:22 AM

Jan 2012
The movie was awesome and the animation was very good.

Apr 20, 2013 3:15 PM
Sep 2012
That was so freaking amazing, amazing animation, amazing story, everything was amazing.
Apr 20, 2013 9:24 PM

Nov 2011
finally got round to watching it.

and I was fully satisfied. Z was an interesting antagonist, and I'm more in love with kuzan's character than ever before. action scenes are sickkk. every SH was entertaining as ever, though to differing levels. oh, and the music was great!

definitely my favourite OP movie yet :3
Apr 21, 2013 2:18 PM
Nov 2009
Great movie! I definitely enjoyed this one a lot and I think it's slightly better than Strong World overall. Didn't expect the ending to be a bit sad but it was good. 9/10.
Apr 21, 2013 3:15 PM

Jan 2012
this movie was epic as hell
kid nami was cute
Apr 23, 2013 3:17 AM

Jun 2011
Rivularia said:
I'm glad that it's not only me who thought that Strong World was better!
I didn't hate this movie! i really enjoy it very much but it lost something?

Namely the last fight between Luffy and Z. Great story but the last fight ruined it all. Classic fist fight? Watch Samurai Champloo and you know what kind of fist fight this should have to be great. That last fist fight, to me, it was like little kids playing karate, just with some bloods and all..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 24, 2013 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
Was Awesome!!!
Felt rushed at a few parts and I liked Strong World more but still this was not far behind :D
9.5/10

Loved how Kuzan was a main player in this. Lol'd at his perverted comment about Nami hahaha

Even though they were short, loved Sanji and Zoro's fights. They easily owned their respective enemies.
I can't believe how strong Franky's shogun is!! He wiped out a fleet of Pacifista's O_O
Luffy and Z's slug fist fight was pretty neat and liked how he used HH against those small fry hehe.

Lol'd at Brook not changing one bit XD
They had a lot of Nami fanservice at the beginning to make up for her not giving any when she turns into a child XD So I liked her as a child. Really cute <3
Robin going back to her early youth was nice...not much of a difference except for some smaller Boobs XD...But well Robin is always HAWT!

And finally loved the Credits where they were all shown in their young form hehe.

EDIT: OH and RIP Zephyr. Died like a true man T_T

I really wanna know who cut his arm???? They said he was a Shichibukai now so I'm thinking he's the one they didn't show us in the manga a few chapters ago.
Barion-ZaraApr 24, 2013 9:52 AM
Apr 24, 2013 2:57 PM
Apr 2013
I almost didn't watch this movie, because like Strong World, I watched the tie in eps before the movie. I was surprised at how much I truly love this movie. I always love seeing what the strawhats do when they aren't mid-adventure, and so much love for all the characters. I was really impressed with Z's back story and I really want to know more about the history between those old admirals/vice admirals and older pirates. What I really liked about this was how Z was the one who trained many of the current marine powerhouses. I really hope that this will get included in the manga.

Quite a few people expressed their disappointment/dislike of the slugfest at the end, but I liked it much better than pulling out stronger abilities and such. (One reason I strongly dislike the anime fillers execpt for the marine one after Skypie) Their super strong attacks that seemed so monumental gets used like childs play in the fillers and it just... reduces the epicness of them I guess.

One thing that did have me hanging was, how did Luffy break Z's artifical arm? Kairosaki is supposed to be the hardest substance, and would weaken Luffy's power.
Apr 24, 2013 5:43 PM

Dec 2011
Yep I really enjoyed the slug fest too. Z went out in great style and loved his story. At first I thought he was really a bad dude but I think in the end he was just an old dog that wanted a good fight before he laid his bones to rest. And I felt for him a bit it's true that it's really messed up that the Navy hires Warlords that have killed so many Marines and been natural enemies all along. I mean what the fuck are they thinking?! Look at the track record, surely they've realized by now the Warlords are no more trustworthy or useful than pirates. In fact they're basically pirates hiding in plain sight. Of course on the other hand the Navy and World Government are in their own way a bunch of thugs themselves and pull all sorts of shady and evil shit... All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if Akainu ended up killing most of them and stopping these foolish shinanagens.

Anywho, I feel like Film Z is a great addition to the canon, gives a tad more to the back story for the navy and explained well how he was very much looked up to and respected and trained a lot of the most powerful dudes. Also I think it's kind of a nice little Straw Hat introduction to the New World as well. It was just nice to see some nice fast paced One Piece action.

Especially liked seeing Akainu as the boss hog, Kizaru getting in some good licks as usual (love that guy he's the real deal) and of course theirs Aokiji post-fight wounds and post-navy admiral and all that good stuff. I've always thought he would make a good SH ally or maybe even join the crew (at least one of the two spots needs to go to a fishman or mermen though IMO) he does fit in well enough. Though then again he's also a decent fit for loner or ronin type character kind of like Hawk-Eye. Can't imagine him being the chief admiral or the navy haha, he's way too laid back and just doesn't seem all that ambitious. Maybe he just wanted to fight Akainu??

Perhaps I'm talking too much about One Piece when I start going in to theoreticals heh.

PS - this doesn't have much to do with Film Z though I had a thought about Shanks when Luffy started talking about his hat. I just wanted to call it right here and now - Shanks is gonna get killed by Blackbeard. I say this because both characters have a history of fighting, and it's looking like Blackbeard is gonna become the main villain (along with Akainu) and this sets things up perfectly. Blackbeard becomes an Emperor and contender for the throne, as well as sets himself up to become the character that Luffy hates the most considering he had a hand in Ace's death as well.

Of course I think that will happen after Luffy and Shanks have a great heart-warming sort of reunion and perhaps an adventure together. They can introduce their crews and all that good stuff too. I really really want that to happen at least.
LayedBackApr 24, 2013 5:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2013 11:22 PM
Jun 2010
"I'm gonna be king of the pirates!!!"

"I'm.....Z!!!"

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Apr 27, 2013 2:17 AM

May 2008
This movie was a hit and miss for me. Z had a good backstory, but his henchmen were forgettable. Luffy being downpowered. Seastone literally cant pierce luffy's body, it should make him weak, not take away rubber powers. It could pierce him only when imbued by haki, but then why didn't Z imbue regular bullets and waste precious seastone?
7/10 for me
Apr 27, 2013 7:53 AM

Mar 2012
9/10

Could have gotten 10/10 if it had more of an explosion shounen-style ending but it's good nonetheless.
May 1, 2013 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
I saw this in the cinema earlier. Some of the moments were cliche, but it was a pretty good movie, for a shonen. 8/10
May 2, 2013 4:06 AM

Apr 2013
I love this movie.. Though the ending kinda disappointing because the plot seems become faster to just end the movie.. And I really love the scene where Luffy use his haki.. It's just awesome.. And I love One Piece even more XD
May 2, 2013 8:17 PM
Feb 2011
Saw this movie on the big screen yesterday. The quality animation was definitely one of its best assets. That, and the fanservice for both fanboys and fangirls, too. Story-wise, it's a lot better than Strong World, but could have been even better if it was like two hours long. Wishful thinking, but I'd love to see Ain and Bins again, probably in the series.

It was great to see Kuzan. I especially loved 18-year old Robin. Nami and Chopper were cute and Brook, still funny as ever.

An overall enjoyable movie, and IMO the best One Piece movie to date. 8/10
JujikaMay 2, 2013 8:21 PM
May 3, 2013 4:45 AM

Aug 2012
Finally after a long wait, even though the movie is already on the internet, i watched it on the big screen.. And all i can say is that the film is awesome. With the big screen and the awesome sound systems gave me goosebumps. The animation is splendid, straw hats did not disappoint me. They are tremendous as always. And for the story of Zephyr, Oda strikes again. I love it. ^^
May 3, 2013 9:33 PM

Dec 2011
That was a superb movie as well, but I find the Strong World way better.
Didn't expect that Aokiji would have an amputated leg from his fight with Akainu.

Also, didn't expect that Z would be a real fundamental character in the Marines. He trained all the Admirals we know! That is some strong background there.

It was very good. Giving it a 9/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2013 6:15 PM

Jan 2010
It was okay. I had some pretty high hopes because Strong World was so epic, but I wasn't really blown away by this one. The animation was perfect, but the story was flat. I hate how they tone Luffy down in some of the movies and make him so easily defeatable. I understand getting beaten once because his guard was down, but twice and then outright giving up and letting the Navy finish him off? That isn't Luffy, nobody steals his fight. Also, a lot of what was explained by Garp (although I loved seeing him, Coby, Helmeppo, and Sengoku) and others could have been cut to another special episode like Strong World Episode 0 and given more time to fleshing out a better story and more epic battle scenes. We were told a lot of things and not shown enough I felt. 7/10.
Avatar credit goes to toxicashley @ avatarsdb.com
May 5, 2013 5:41 AM

Dec 2011
Was expecting more from this film,nothing special so for me 7/10
May 6, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 2010
Great film I guess. I liked strong world better. 9/10 Where's my Red Hawk???!?!??
May 16, 2013 11:24 PM

Apr 2009
first film i watched from one piece liked it alot , i liked how the top marines were featured
May 23, 2013 7:44 PM

Jun 2012
I don't get why people are rating it a 10/10 and it's ranked as high as it. Pretty average throughout. 7/10
May 24, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
Only about 30minutes in right now but....

LOLI NAMI!!!! >:D

/finished

Robin and Nami's expressions when Franky brought out the big guy. Lols.

Still not sure why Luffy didn't just use his Haki to knock out the soldiers and run straight to Z.

Sanji during his fight... Sexy fire... Meteor attack of love...

Robin getting her age back.... Dat zoomage.

Luffy's fight was just plain hilarious.

The CG fights was a bit annoying but the LQ of the video I watch did well in hiding them.... Oh wait it was 720p...

PaulMay 25, 2013 1:53 PM
May 24, 2013 7:37 PM

Jul 2010
One Piece epicness. 10/10.
Jun 3, 2013 5:42 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
I'm only at the opening credits sequence, and it's already made the movie for me. It's impeccable in every way, and so is the sense of style of whoever animated it. A pleasant change after the pushover that was Episode of Luffy.
Jun 4, 2013 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
Favorite One Piece film so far, loved the story and Z was a bad ass. The second part of the ending credits were cute to watch :)
Jun 9, 2013 10:07 PM

Jan 2008
Definitely going to have to rewatch this just because the subs were absolutely terrible. They might as well have not even been there.

It was a good film, and I loved that Oda had a major hand in writing this movie as well. It was awesome how you got to see things about characters that you normally wouldn't have, and that it's essentially canon that we might even get to see in the manga itself. It was very enjoyable.

Don't know if this is my all-time favourite as it's been a long while since I've seen the other movies, but it's definitely up there.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 22, 2013 2:36 PM
Jul 2012
Is this out in decent subtitles now? Or do I still have to wait?
Jun 24, 2013 11:09 PM

Sep 2011
It was pretty good I liked all the new stuff they did with cannon characters especially Aokiji.

Not as good as Strong World or movie 6 (which is by far the best one in my opinion).
Jun 26, 2013 1:23 AM
Jun 2013
They had Avril Lavinge do a cover of a Nickelback song for it. That aspect sucked terribly.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» This film is a complete fail.

lupadim - Aug 1, 2013

18 by YoshiYogurt »»
Jan 9, 11:18 PM

» order

DerpySven - Dec 3, 2023

5 by neowise27 »»
Dec 3, 2023 6:24 PM

» WHO IS DUMB ENOUGH TO DISRESPECT THIS MOVIE?

Bronos23 - Aug 19, 2018

5 by Krishvanza123456 »»
Oct 26, 2022 9:07 AM

» Is this spoiler-free?

shady_raisin - Jan 3, 2022

5 by removed-user »»
Aug 6, 2022 4:43 AM

» Can I watch this movie without watching Fishman island arc.

Krishvanza123456 - Aug 26, 2021

5 by GreedAVO »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.