Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2013 3:45 AM

Nov 2011
Decent episode. Keima would have conquered her without trouble. As expected, those "experts" are useless when it matters.

Apr 9, 2013 3:49 AM

Mar 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
Decent episode. Keima would have conquered her without trouble. As expected, those "experts" are useless when it matters.
Keima is out of their league. He can move the world just with one site alone.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 9, 2013 7:56 AM

Jun 2012
Here it comes.
Comparing Shidou with Keima.
Well, that escalated quickly.

And I don't think Keima dated girls who could kill that easily, if I remember correctly.
Apr 9, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2013
I dont know why, but i want to see more Tonomachi (gay friend of Shidou)
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Apr 9, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2010
OMG that Tsun Tohka :3

I din't expect that she has that kind of tsun attitude. And that "Mahal Kita" word caught me off guard

Also for the Filipino people here i noticed the guy who said "Mahal Kita" looked similar to the PH president.

Just look at that Forehead, glasses and the "Boss" Mikimoto part. :D
fidelbuds10Apr 9, 2013 9:02 AM
Apr 9, 2013 9:10 AM

Apr 2013
Kyube said:
This show is rediculous and pathetic in an entertaining way. The MC is a bit annoying, but some scenes are nice.

^^^ idc much about the MC, but that sister is annoying me.
Apr 9, 2013 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
That show doesn't make sense at all, and there is not enough fanservice to keep me entertained. I can't watch such a stupid thing.

Dropped 2/10.
Apr 9, 2013 1:02 PM
Jan 2011
I'm beginning to wanna drop this anime.
Apr 9, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
Second episode.
269 persons dropped the series. What.
Did these people do the same about Madoka? Lel.
Apr 9, 2013 1:46 PM

Feb 2011
Tohka - The new Ikarus
Apr 9, 2013 3:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Sairyuu69 said:
Second episode.
269 persons dropped the series. What.
Did these people do the same about Madoka? Lel.
Well, my personal opinion is that the first two episodes of Madoka★Magica were much better presented and more interesting (comparatively speaking), and the people watching who were expecting a 'Mahou Shoujo' were getting what they expected in those first two episodes, so I don't think the comparison really applies.
Apr 9, 2013 3:42 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, the date is finally happening! Needs more!

Tobiichi is the best girl! Ahaha. She just went and agreed like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2013 4:35 PM

Dec 2010
lmaoo omg this anime is so cliche but still funny. The practice date on the quiet girl and teachers were so easy. This show is so over the top it's hilarious like the movie The Story Of Ricky.

The only thing I missed from episode 1 was the imouto's abuse. Please continue abusing someone, and please, please for the sake of keeping my attention use that loli foot to step on somebody again.
Apr 9, 2013 8:35 PM

Apr 2011
I lol when Tohka turned shidou white when he named her Tome. XD
Apr 9, 2013 10:05 PM

Mar 2013
5/5, just sad that they skip quite some information from the novel and the funny bits, also I don't remember tobiichi giving shidou her photo, and the part about tohka tearing tobiichi photo wasn't present in the novel.

For the anime viewers who are dropping this, you will miss out on a lot later, if this isn't too rush that is.

Tohka is the best!.
Apr 9, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2012
5596050 said:
5/5, just sad that they skip quite some information from the novel and the funny bits, also I don't remember tobiichi giving shidou her photo, and the part about tohka tearing tobiichi photo wasn't present in the novel.

For the anime viewers who are dropping this, you will miss out on a lot later, if this isn't too rush that is.

Tohka is the best!.
This adaptation are missing many thing right? I want to see Shidou punishment but it didn't happen.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 9, 2013 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
5596050 said:

Tohka is the best!.

Let them drop this series. Let them regret later on. It's their own choice.

I'm going to find if there's a translated LN around the web.
Apr 9, 2013 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
5596050 said:

Just pretend their comments never existed.
I doubt they care even if they miss out anything as there are other better animes airing.
Apr 10, 2013 12:08 AM

Mar 2013
NeoAnkara said:
5596050 said:

Tohka is the best!.
This adaptation are missing many thing right? I want to see Shidou punishment but it didn't happen.

Yeah, its kinda sad that they skip those things but I guess they have their reasons (maybe budget), so long as its not an original ending it should be alright I hope....
Apr 10, 2013 1:15 AM

Apr 2011
FlamingYu said:
5596050 said:

I doubt they care even if they miss out anything as there are other better animes airing.

Yeah. It's their loss not ours.
Apr 10, 2013 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
Magito said:
FlamingYu said:
5596050 said:

Yeah. It's their loss not ours.
Yeah. Still waiting for Kurumi since she is really hot in OP.
Apr 10, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2012
Xenphon said:
Good to hear, but does she stay "tsun" or do we get more "dere" moments?

Apr 10, 2013 2:19 AM

Mar 2012
eeveelugia said:
Xenphon said:
Good to hear, but does she stay "tsun" or do we get more "dere" moments?

She will be innocent for the rest of anime I thought.
Apr 10, 2013 2:23 AM

Aug 2012
5596050 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah, its kinda sad that they skip those things but I guess they have their reasons (maybe budget), so long as its not an original ending it should be alright I hope....

Yeah the Shidou punishment part was very hilarious, but I think they skip it to avoid redundancy, since we have already have Ore Shura and Chuunibyou doing that and audiences may get tired of it already.

I am not fully satisfying with the first two episodes, but at least they are enjoyable for me and I won't drop it. Just hope the won't mess up the Kurumi episode.
Apr 10, 2013 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
eeveelugia said:
5596050 said:
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah the Shidou punishment part was very hilarious, but I think they skip it to avoid redundancy, since we have already have Ore Shura and Chuunibyou doing that and audiences may get tired of it already.

I am not fully satisfying with the first two episodes, but at least they are enjoyable for me and I won't drop it. Just hope the won't mess up the Kurumi episode.
I just think that they want to
Apr 10, 2013 2:55 AM
Jan 2013
This anime is starting to bored me.
Apr 10, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2011
I thought I wouldn't like this. But this episode is so ridiculous, instead of being bad, it's hilarious. I'm pretty sure this is a parody of dating sims. The girls were way too "easy", especially the teacher.
Apr 10, 2013 4:51 AM

Dec 2011
Shidou is clearly better off without the help of those experts, unless he wants to clearly be killed.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 10, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2010
I just Loved Tohka <3 So cute

Apr 10, 2013 8:08 PM

Apr 2011
StefanMZ said:
Shidou is clearly better off without the help of those experts, unless he wants to clearly be killed.

Your right. Shidou is way better than those losers. lol

He almost got killed by Tohka, if it weren't for his own decisions. Those dating sim choices are lame. I laugh at how Shidou turned white when he named her tome.
MagitoApr 11, 2013 7:20 PM
Apr 11, 2013 3:51 AM

Jun 2011
I was already scared they would call her Toma >_> I really like Tohka.
This episode was much better than first one,and I'm going to watch this for sure now :3
*eating brains*
Apr 11, 2013 8:20 AM

Jun 2012
uzy5o said:
I thought I wouldn't like this. But this episode is so ridiculous, instead of being bad, it's hilarious. I'm pretty sure this is a parody of dating sims. The girls were way too "easy", especially the teacher.

That's what it is. A parody.
Apr 11, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, this was MUCH better than the first episode. Touka is cute~
Apr 11, 2013 9:20 PM
Jan 2013
1st episode sucked imo but this one was very enjoyable
Je pense donc je suis.
Apr 12, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
alexpte said:
Pleasant day for me. Saw a subbed torrent link on Nyaa. Finished downloading it and started to watch it. Guess what? I got trollsubbed. I'll never trust Hedgey ever again. I don't even know why I downloaded it in the first place, I've never heard of them before.

EDIT: FFF finally released theirs.

Wait how many dicks does he have?
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Apr 12, 2013 4:32 PM

Mar 2012
An interesting conversation those two had... looking forward to seeing there relationship develop
Apr 12, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
I'm a sad panda.

Saw this.

Then this

And I'm just like "da fuq kind of censorship is dis!?"
Apr 12, 2013 8:16 PM

Jun 2011
Ah they are doing such a rush job just so they can cram 4 novels into 12 episodes and that is hurting it they cut out quiet a few of the good bits from the novel they also left out alot of background and world information, such as about the technology used and the organisations.

They just want to animate the first 3 spirits girls but the thing is Kurumi's takes place over 2 novels and 12 episodes is not enough for a "good" adaption of 4 whole novels, if they were dead set doing 3 spirits they should of increased the episodes.

Xenphon said:
Magito said:
jbeat said:
Funny episode!! Especially the "mahal kita" tagalog reference, meaning "i love you"! I'm starting to like the Tohka and Shidou paring!! Origami is still growing on me, but not as much as Tohka!

That filipino word caught me by surprised! lol

Despite Kotori being sadistic commander mode, does she still likes and cares for
his Oniichan?

That date practice part was hilarious. Origami is now his official girlfriend plus he has to date the princess. I hope he doesn't turn up in pieces when those two meet.

Would be nice if anyone that reads/has read the LN could answer that, because she really is such a buzzkill atm. Giving us such a good start, then major change and she is pretty much a "Kirino light" from OreImo.

Also people should give Kotori more of a chance i quite liked her when reading the novels.

Magito said:
5596050 said:

Tohka is the best!.

Let them drop this series. Let them regret later on. It's their own choice.

I'm going to find if there's a translated LN around the web.

Go read them on baka-tsuki they are being translated and hosted there along with many other light novels
DragoonDeusApr 12, 2013 8:25 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 12, 2013 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
I'm glad I didn't drop this series, I knew it has potential
That episode 2 is way better than the 1st one
Will definitely stick until the end
Tohka <3
Apr 12, 2013 8:39 PM

Dec 2011
So it seems the "date" has officially begun.
Tohka does seem rather interesting.
As of now, I guess I'll continue watching this. The next episode will go a long way to determining whether this will continue to be the case.
Apr 12, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
How the fuck does any of this shit make sense? Why would a multi billionaire company/organization make a high schooler date a powerful creature? Why is dating even on the list? How the crap does that even make sense? I am so confused.

That's what I would be thinking had I taken this series super cereally. Obviously this show makes no fucking sense but is epic in every way. For now at least...
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Apr 12, 2013 8:59 PM

Apr 2013
BULLDOG266 said:
How the fuck does any of this shit make sense? Why would a multi billionaire company/organization make a high schooler date a powerful creature? Why is dating even on the list? How the crap does that even make sense? I am so confused.

Well, anything is possible in anime. Since you're considering of following this series, it's best to just go with the flow.
Apr 12, 2013 9:04 PM

Jan 2008
BULLDOG266 said:

That's what I would be thinking had I taken this series super cereally. Obviously this show makes no fucking sense but is epic in every way. For now at least...

I'm no novel reader but I'd say this is one of those anime you simply enjoy it for what it is.

I'm not sure about the first question, but for the why date question, it was explained in the first episode during the 'training video' at the end, yea, that weird ending scene part was important.
Apr 12, 2013 9:08 PM

Mar 2012
I'm a novel reader but what Shidou is still not have explaination. And you will know about Kotori at episode 10 at this pace.
Apr 12, 2013 11:06 PM

Apr 2010
Really? That whole conversation and he didn't ask why she's coming to Earth and destroying shit? Just "popping in from nowhere" isn't a very good explanation.

Apr 12, 2013 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
Think i'm just gonna turn my brain off while watching this more enjoyable that way

...but an dating sim huh girls in TWGOK always kinda forgot after he won them over doesn't seem to be the case here and if watching Shirou & Shiki (Carnival Phantasm) taught me anything about trying please everyone in an harem it always ends bad when the ladies are powerful beings lol.

still gonna watch One eyed clock eye girl hasn't shown up yet!
Apr 13, 2013 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
This anime seems to become more enjoyable from here on out! Tohka is so damn cute. I like her tsun tsun! As a dere she is lovely too!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2013 2:00 AM

Nov 2012
Does Tohka's "baka baka" remind anyone else of some other peculiar individual? :P Like for example, this..? :

Apr 13, 2013 2:05 AM

May 2010
Better than the first one but there are still some part that is kinda meh for me

Overall it's good
Apr 13, 2013 2:06 AM

Jun 2012
Fantastic episode. Time flew by just like when I was watching GJ-bu last season.

Five marriages and five divorces. That was too funny.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.