Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2008 2:00 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thoughts about this episode:
The cliffhanger in the last episode was proven to be unneeded.

The story focused way too much on Akane at the beginning.

The structure of this episode was linear 2.7/3 of the time - A main character talking about its problems to a minor character, the minor character persuades the main character it should try harder.}X2
Then both of the main characters meet and....talk.}X2

Not much else to say about this episode.

Final thoughts:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ OVA series did not fulfill the potential it had.
The strongest part about this OVA was its animation, but the pacing was slow and story was generally uninteresting.
The long wait between each OVA also is a minus in this case.
Compared to the original TV series, the characters had less depth, and were not as well written.
The motives behind the characters' action were not convincing enough (I still don't see no real reason why Haruka wanted to distance herself from Takayuki).

The ending was unsatisfying.. sure, going to the place where the tragedy happened may not seem as a bad idea at first (as to overcome your fears and accept the past- not running from it), but there were other ways to convey this other than to make it seem like a total cliche' (The obvious just happened , but still the characters run in slow motion to emphasize the drama - and cry and talk and kiss while the surrounding people clap their hands, then the ending segment shows them in the beach - could it get ever more cliche' than this?).

Overall I think that fans of the original series will find Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ OVA series disappointing.
You should just play the game for the Haruka route. I know I will, if it will be translated (the current project seems to be dead, but I'm not sure about this).
DeadIEndDec 18, 2008 5:54 AM
Dec 18, 2008 4:07 AM

Nov 2008
Rarri you into this series too? :) Mate glad we can talk more. What a end it is. O_O I mean it exactly what I wanted!

Well I followed this series quite recently due to this OVA being released and you know what? I just wish that the end of the TV series on DVDs would have been replaced with this ending. :D I am very aware that the game has that possibility and that it is eroge.

Well it goes that Akane completely wants her sister Haruka to go back with Takayuki (I think he was a stupid idiot in the TV series and that is because he was screwing Hayase when Haruka was in a coma sick beyond anyone even knowing if she will wake up). That's for another conversation.

Anyways things get out of hand yeah right, Haruka almost collapsed to over stress from emotional bitching, well Akane was not exactly soft on Haruka. Akane knew her sister was stilll recovering from the accident and mentally might not be ok I think she was not right mentally in regards to her fear of streets/cars/same places that may look like the one where Haruka suffered her car accident. (I think she might have ignored that part of her sister and just think "Hey man, go with that guy Takayuki and all is going to be ok." Beep! Wrong Victims like Haruka need more than just attention but also a lot of caring and softness.

I did like the mother mentioning that there is still hope to get back with Takayuki to Haruka and that fear can be overcomed. So painful to see Haruka still being in phobia. I would have preferred she would take some therapy for that or stay far from cities.

The car ride with Kozuki sensei was nice and the sound of the car was nicely recorded, it looked like a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

ART was great and nice!

Although it was very painful to see the difficulty of Haruka to adapt once again to the life she had before the accident, I am glad that she went on to meet Takayuki at that same place in episode 2 of the TV series.

Then, it surprised me Takayuki still had some phobia from that place of episode 2 of TV series. However, finally I can be happy that the end of this episode surprised me in a very happy way ^o^ Takayuki and Haruka finally kiss! Once again! :D

1.I am going to miss these two for sure since they were always funny here and there in this series.
2.Finally my dream ending of this series became real in anime. :D

On a final note Thank you to all the studios who made the effort of giving the ending of this Anime a better remake! Thank you also for my wish! ^_^
slayer545-samaDec 18, 2008 6:10 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 18, 2008 4:19 AM

Dec 2007
Looks like today's magic word is "sacrifice."

Dr. Katsuki tells Akane who's feeling down after the fight with her sister that people sacrifice things for her goals, and she has sacrificed a normal relationship with her sister for her swimming career.

Haruka feels that she has made Takayuki sacrifice everything for her sake, so that's why she ran away, as if that would solve everything.

Somehow through bullshit reasoning ("Honey, there are always challenges in a relationship, you two walk different paths but have the same goals") her mother convinces her to get back together with Takayuki.

So, does she go to his apartment or meet him at work or have him come to her place? Oh no-no-no-no no. She has him running all the way across the city to meet her at the EXACT SAME SPOT the accident happened. Talk about living in the past.

Stupid jamokes all. Although the earlier series was an illogical bawfest, I liked it because the conclusion was about moving. The. F**k. On. This series had little redeeming value, almost wall-to-wall circular conversations (especially episode 2) and an implausible ending. I really don't know why I picked up this series. I know one thing for certain, I certainly won't be touching that Akane OVA, not with a ten foot pole.
Dec 18, 2008 9:17 PM

Jan 2008
Running embrace at the end was nice. I would feel pretty awkward if people around me started to clap when I kissed someone though. Kind of a predictable ending though.
Dec 19, 2008 12:32 AM

Jan 2008
Honestly I feel cheated for having to wait this long for that.

AND a note to the side

If some guy was just going to find his GF in a public place with him shouting her name, without the knowledge of what happened everyone around would probably be thinking "shut the hell up she is right there". Then at the very end everyone begins to clap as if they had followed the whole plot.

Was this a dokkiri? was everyone part of some set up? I don't know but the clapping was unneedd cheese.
Dec 19, 2008 1:16 AM

Nov 2008
madao said:
Honestly I feel cheated for having to wait this long for that.

AND a note to the side

If some guy was just going to find his GF in a public place with him shouting her name, without the knowledge of what happened everyone around would probably be thinking "shut the hell up she is right there". Then at the very end everyone begins to clap as if they had followed the whole plot.

Was this a dokkiri? was everyone part of some set up? I don't know but the clapping was unneedd cheese.

Yeah but I liked the effect it made and on top of that it was a sign that this was supposed to be how it ends. I would think that.
Dec 21, 2008 4:57 PM

Jan 2008
dont you just love happy ending!!!
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 21, 2008 5:07 PM

Jul 2008
is it released? is the raw out where can i download?
Dec 21, 2008 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
can anyone tell me where i can watch it on a better quality?
i dont know if anyone watched that little clip after the closing credit... but that was soooo sweet
lblsslxDec 22, 2008 7:42 AM
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 22, 2008 10:03 AM

Feb 2008
Finally the wait is over!

And I'm not talking about the wait for ep4.

No I'm talking about the four YEARS of waiting for the hole in my heart to be mended. And this last episode really did that. My love for Haruka and my wish for her as character to achieve happiness really sucked me in to this whole franchise.

Speaking of the episode, I too did find it pretty weird and lame to see everyone standing and clapping hands. If it was for us to see Haruka yell "hazukashii" for moe-points, than it was just a waste of time. Her silent blush at the restaurant in ep1 of the OVA was more than enough for that :3

lblsslx said:
i dont know if anyone watched that little clip after the closing credit... but that was soooo sweet

Yeah, I loved that last part. Here are some screenies from the post-credit part: http://www.pici.se/gal/flaskis/Haruka/
(sorry if the site is in swedish, but it makes up for that by its speed ^^)
Dec 22, 2008 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
flaskis said:
Finally the wait is over!

And I'm not talking about the wait for ep4.

No I'm talking about the four YEARS of waiting for the hole in my heart to be mended. And this last episode really did that. My love for Haruka and my wish for her as character to achieve happiness really sucked me in to this whole franchise.

Speaking of the episode, I too did find it pretty weird and lame to see everyone standing and clapping hands. If it was for us to see Haruka yell "hazukashii" for moe-points, than it was just a waste of time. Her silent blush at the restaurant in ep1 of the OVA was more than enough for that :3

lblsslx said:

Yeah, I loved that last part. Here are some screenies from the post-credit part: http://www.pici.se/gal/flaskis/Haruka/
(sorry if the site is in swedish, but it makes up for that by its speed ^^)

Yes, very nice pictures of Haruka. :D
Dec 22, 2008 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
This is a story with a happy ending
Dec 22, 2008 2:21 PM

Sep 2008
Has it been subbed yet? If so where can I find it?
Dec 22, 2008 8:39 PM

Jan 2008
Yukito097 said:
Has it been subbed yet? If so where can I find it?

i dont think so.. i'm still trying to find a site that's downloadable, i had to used a nabber to actually be able to download it.. but its a poor quality
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 25, 2008 9:16 AM

Jul 2008
Dec 25, 2008 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
edwardyyu9f said:
go here http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=177695 perfect quality

let me try that.. thank u much
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 27, 2008 11:58 AM
Jul 2008
What!!!! come one!!!! Some one put the sub already!!!
Dec 29, 2008 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
where can I watch the raw?
Dec 29, 2008 9:21 PM

Jan 2008
hirahira said:
where can I watch the raw?
lblsslx said:
edwardyyu9f said:
go here http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=177695 perfect quality

let me try that.. thank u much
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 29, 2008 11:56 PM

Sep 2008
Neeeeeed Subs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Muuussstt find subbed soooooooooon.
Jan 6, 2009 10:25 AM

Nov 2007
Where is the subbed version, i waited so f***ing long for this shit
Jan 7, 2009 12:56 AM

Sep 2008
arnxx said:
Where is the subbed version, i waited so f***ing long for this shit

I heard that. I think we all have.

Edit: I downloaded this from ISOHunt:
[QTS] Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Vol.4 End (DVD H264 864x480 24fps AC3).mkv

An FYI to those who see it, even though it doesn't say it, it's a RAW, and not subbed. Saying that before anyone wastes time on downloading it thinking it subbed.
MasterJ633Jan 7, 2009 1:00 AM
Jan 9, 2009 11:26 PM

Mar 2008
Damn it. How long is it gonna take to sub it? I wanna watch it so bad.
Jan 11, 2009 12:17 AM
Jan 11, 2009 12:25 AM

Jun 2007
I wasn't really happy with this OVA. There was just something about it that just didn't feel right as an Ova to Kimi ga Nozomu. The ending was decent and it was nice seeing Haruka overcome her fear of cars to meet Takayuki at the place where she had her accident. I guess that was her way to bring closure to her fear and to show that she's ready to move forward.

Also something that came to mind when watching this episode was that most people where getting frustrated at Haruka and her indecisiveness about moving forward as an adult, but they don't seem to realize is that the girl had been in a comma for 3 years and that her personality is still that of what it was 3 years ago (ie. a high school student). So, she was basically still feeling like a high school student when everyone else was thinking that she would act more her age. I think that's what they where trying to hit on when the mother asked her if she planned to spend her life with Takayuki and then Haruka saying "Spend my life with Takayuki?". She was probably thinking we where barely going out before and mom's saying spend my life with Takayuki, I'm not sure I'm ready. Not to mention the part where Haruka says Takayuki has been thinking about our future together and constantly taking care of me. She's basically saying I'm scared because I haven't lived my life for the past 3 years and I don't know how to deal with all this. I'm just a "high school student".

Imagen going to sleep for 3 years, then waking up and all your friends act different. Some may not even be around anymore. How would you react? Then Imagen having those same people try pushing you to do things you should be doing at your current age like go to college, get married, get a job. It's a pretty crazy thing to think about. I'm surprised Haruka didn't tell her sis that flat out.
Jan 11, 2009 1:20 AM

Aug 2008
eh, ending was happy, i'm happy 5/5 (or 9/10 in my list)
Jan 11, 2009 1:39 AM
Mar 2008
Well, I liked this ending, since I totally hated the one of the series.
Jan 11, 2009 1:49 AM

Jan 2008
the perfect ending for the series! I totally love it! ^^

I want more of them!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 11, 2009 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
Garbage. i feel stupid waiting this long for this bland ending. not to mention how annoying haruka is
Jan 11, 2009 3:17 AM

Mar 2008
Although it was clichéd and very predictable, I loved the ending. I guess I'm just a sucker for getting together and it was really sweet to have them found happiness.

Though I have to say that was about the only interesting part in the whole OVA (together with eating pie on the deserted train station). I didn't really like the rest. Some might call it realism, but the characters acted very illogical and irresponsible and not very much things worth watching happened.
The fact that I waited half a year for the last episode also didn't help.
Jan 11, 2009 3:58 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

This episode was a bit disappointing. Overall I still liked it, but I prefer Mizuki. 8/10 7/10
cyruzJan 14, 2009 4:12 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 11, 2009 1:11 PM

Feb 2008
I agree, he was better off with Mitsuki. I almost wish the OVA had ended with Akane, it would been more interested . . . .
Jan 11, 2009 10:51 PM

Jul 2008
The final OVA was not as climatic as I hoped it would be. I was hoping for something emotional and tear jerking, but it didn't even come close. The only reason I enjoyed the OVA so much was b/c I like Haruka I was hoping Narumi would chose her instead of Mitsuki.
The ending of the OVA when Haruka and Narumi kissed was not as dramatic as they made it seem. First of all they have already kissed so it was nothing special, if it was their first kiss it would have been awesome.
What was so important about Haruka playing in the water, maybe I missed something but I was hoping to see something like they were married, I'm something besides that would have been nice.
Jan 12, 2009 1:03 AM

Aug 2007
Hmm...have to say that this 'Haruka' arc doesn't hold a candle to the 'Mitsuki' arc of the 1st season. The major element in KGNE (which is drama mixed with romance) is sorely missing from this adaptation. While it was still a pleasant watch, well I guess it was alright...

I was amazed at how KGNE played out, but this one felt like just another series I finished for the sake of finishing it. I mean the best part of the OVA occurred in the very first episode, when Haruka didn't get in the train. It may be also due to the length of the releases. Having to wait for months at a time isn't exactly a good way to garner interest in a show, especially when I watched KGNE 1-14 in like 2 days.

I'll have to rewatch this later on, but for now it gets a decent 7/10.
Jan 12, 2009 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
I prefer the ending of the Tv series. Mitsuki FTW! :P

Jan 12, 2009 2:30 PM

Dec 2008
Well ive also waited long for this one and i wasnt dissapointed at all because i knew what its going about, though i didnt knew how it was going to get there...

after all its that what i dreamed about and it made me smile at the end, taking away the weight from my heart which the TV created. because i wasnt realy satisfied with these ending, let it be a personal opinion but i wanted to this (Next Season) to happen...

... well and the fact that i could resist viewing it in parts, could have prevented some bad feeling about this alternative, but yet, right ending ^^

its maybe not as good as other ending or its maybe not as refreshing and it even fullfilled some clichés...

but for me, it was the only true ending to this series!

8/10 for me, overall the series was enjoyable and fun to watch, i would recommend it to others every time!
PredselnJan 13, 2009 3:02 AM
Jan 12, 2009 4:01 PM

Oct 2008
SpecJay said:
Garbage. i feel stupid waiting this long for this bland ending. not to mention how annoying haruka is

This and
loplop said:
I agree, he was better off with Mitsuki. I almost wish the OVA had ended with Akane, it would been more interested . . . .

This

First season was waaaay better.
Jan 12, 2009 9:03 PM

Feb 2008
totally boring. they had wasteful flash backs that took way too long. the dialogue seemed a bit simplistic and somewhat uninteresting, especially the converstaion between her and her mother, wtf was that it didn't seem like it was necessary.

there at the end it almost looked like someone was going to get hit by a car again. that would be messed up, but it felt it was within the realm of possibilities.

over all this season was good till this last ova. there was no update on any of the other leading characters....especially the main one. id give this last episode a 6/10 only because at least it concludes the story at hand.
Jan 13, 2009 1:28 AM

Apr 2007
and dud.

Lol drama. No where near as good as the tv series, and an unsatisfying last episode doesn't help. Bah, whatever.
5/10
SiingJan 13, 2009 1:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2009 2:11 AM

Mar 2008
Thanks God, I finally finished damn OVA series.

6/10
Jan 17, 2009 4:19 AM

Feb 2008
I just love the way that how it ended is how it begins again. The ending was awesome for this series. So glad i finally been able to finish this anime after long waits.
Jan 17, 2009 1:58 PM
Aug 2007
~Next Season~: How much bullshit psychobabble dialogue can we fit into a single OVA?

Seriously. SO. LAME.
Jan 17, 2009 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
This was a pretty boring ep and series
6/10
Jan 18, 2009 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah it was pretty boring, and the ending was more cheesy than an american christmas movie..

Then again, I really love the franchise and characters etc.

7/10
Jan 20, 2009 12:26 AM

Nov 2008
I don't know what was bad in the series but it has a much more worse ending. I hoped that despite the Haruka ending there's something were happening to Mitsuki to release her from the pain. But NOT! It's a worse ending. And Haruka's "actions" were totaly crazy...she still totaly a child. And last: She completely forgotten her promise to Mitsuki to help Takayuki and keep him happy. Because that i started to hate her a bit. No matter how pure her hearth if her actions were so light. If you can't act when you needed you can be kind you can be cruel it's matters not. That's why i can symphatise with Mitsuki more. She can act when she needed and able to make painfull choices.(maybe that's why i start to hate the classical princess-type characters...pure, kind but do nothing...just like some kind of doll...)

And if it's not enough the whole story is out of reality. A relationship with one year long weights less than a month long one.Especialy if the longer one with his early crush.
Jan 20, 2009 3:28 PM

Apr 2007
I like Haruka in the series but I don't like her in the OVA.
Should've switched endings between ova and series and made it less cheeeeeeeeeesy.

Feb 6, 2009 5:19 PM

Dec 2007
Tsunami said:
I like Haruka in the series but I don't like her in the OVA.
Ditto.

5/10, would've been lower if there had been a different ending.

#NBHNC
Feb 7, 2009 7:20 PM

Sep 2008
I though the OVA was good. Him and Haruka are a much better pair together.
I thought it ended good, though the everyone clapping around them was kinda cheesy.
I gave it a 8 / 10
Feb 9, 2009 12:47 AM
Aug 2007
2/10
Shitty OVA to a good Anime. Too cheesy, too slow. I sat there cringing in my chair, begging for it to end.
Feb 14, 2009 6:30 PM

Apr 2008
I can only say I like this better than the original series' ending. But still 7/10

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 4, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 2 Discussion

Sobzob - Mar 27, 2008

39 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

69 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:49 AM

» Finally a resolution after ten years

mrJuni - Jun 10, 2015

1 by Comedy »»
Jun 11, 2015 1:16 PM

» Haruka should never have existed

mechian - Nov 3, 2013

1 by White_Alice »»
Dec 10, 2014 3:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.