Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 14, 2013 9:23 PM

Aug 2009
I pretty much finished my Harukana Machi-E review (at least for now). Since there's no one working as the first editor, should I post it online, so the second department editors (Saeko and Forgone, since they volunteered) can work on it?
Apr 14, 2013 9:28 PM

Jun 2011
Yeah, either that or PM it. I'm about to go to sleep, so I wouldn't get to it if you posted it right now.
Apr 17, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
Btw Ducat, how's the Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei review going ?
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Apr 17, 2013 11:32 AM

Oct 2012
Sh0wdown said:
Btw Ducat, how's the Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei review going ?

Going to rework it tomorrow. I spent the past days trying to absorb the editing portion. I think I know how to approach it now (I'm no longer going to divide it by sections for starters) but it'll take some time.
Apr 17, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2011
Nice, I'm looking forward to it!
Apr 19, 2013 1:49 AM

Aug 2009
Harukana Machi-E review is done.
I am posting it here, so you can read it and tell me what you think of it. The 2nd editors already had a chance to read it and they pretty much gave it the green light, so now I want to hear the opinion of others as well.
And if you don't have anything (big) against it, then my job with this review is pretty much over.
Anyway, here it is:

metamorphiusApr 19, 2013 1:54 AM
Apr 19, 2013 2:07 AM

Apr 2009
Just finsihed reading the review, I really like quality of the writing you achieved and as the resident Taniguchi fanboy I can agree with the flaws and the strengths of the story. You might put a bit more emphasis on the - as usual with stories dealing with time-travel and as a result parallel dimensions - few plot holes regarding the changed interactions between Hiroshi and some of the supporting characters, but overall I am very impressed with this review and I am positive the quality will stay this way, maybe even increase over time.

Oh, and I guess you'll release this review with our Uber-Elitist account?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 19, 2013 2:22 AM

Aug 2009
Thank you for the feedback and praise.
You're right, I should add a few lines about the character relations inconsistencies. What/who would you emphasize in particular? You can answer in spoiler tags.

Nidhoeggr said:

Oh, and I guess you'll release this review with our Uber-Elitist account?

Well, that's the plan. I wouldn't have posted it here otherwise.

If you throw a glance on my profile you'll see that I don't write MAL reviews and I am doing this pretty much just because it's a part of this club's project. I can't promise I'll be writing many more reviews in the future though, but I could do a couple more when I have plenty of free time (if this project takes of, of course).
Apr 19, 2013 2:26 AM

Apr 2009
Apr 19, 2013 2:30 AM

Aug 2009
Okay.
Apr 22, 2013 11:13 AM

Jun 2011
Here's the link to my Kaiba review. It's on one of those open edit pages, so everyone in the staff can comment, contribute, and critique it there.

http://sync.in/tTr32jtg0S

Thanks for your patients, and I hope that you find this review helpful and worthy of the Uber-Elitists Club's name.
Apr 23, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
I haven't had a chance to read Kaiba yet, but it sounds like a decent review to me.

Anyway, we need a Guilty Crown review. The current ones are way too positive and this anime needs an elitist spanking.
Apr 23, 2013 5:48 PM

Jun 2011
If we do a negative review, I would definitely want to write about Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai. That thing is stain on my list.

Plus, the two top reviews that currently exist for it are either poorly realized, or just straight up lying to the reader.
Apr 24, 2013 8:28 PM

Dec 2011
ForgoneReality said:
Here's the link to my Kaiba review. It's on one of those open edit pages, so everyone in the staff can comment, contribute, and critique it there.

http://sync.in/tTr32jtg0S

Just a head up, I made some minor edits!

Btw nil, why don't you officially become an editor? You seem perfectly suited for the job.
Apr 24, 2013 8:53 PM

Jun 2011
Alright, thanks Syrmme. And I agree, feel free to take up a position amongst our ranks nil.
Apr 25, 2013 2:31 AM

Apr 2012
Oh hehe, I never considered it. I see links pop up, some text appears, and all the bright colors allure me into a reading/editing OCD. But sure, I wouldn't mind doing some editing once in a while. Sounds fun.
Apr 25, 2013 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
Nice to see you're on board Nil

http://sync.in/2ZYorWAPwu
I made a Jojo review, after procrastinating for so long. Not entirely happy about it, I didn't want to go into too much depth like my Ergo Proxy one. I wanted to sound a lot more casual and replicate a more natural idiomatic speech. However just the content disappoints me towards the second half. So I would like to ask for some help from our amazing editors.

I think I just ran on steam for some parts of it :/, I haven't edited myself so there is 90% a horrible grammar error somewhere in there.

Of course this can be a club review thing or just personal. Use it as you wish editors/reviewers.
Either or, I should start on that Mononoke review I said I'll do for the club.
ExinqtApr 25, 2013 6:42 AM
May 5, 2013 12:05 AM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
I haven't had a chance to read Kaiba yet, but it sounds like a decent review to me.

Anyway, we need a Guilty Crown review. The current ones are way too positive and this anime needs an elitist spanking.

http://sync.in/CiT4YOeE5D

I did an edit of my old GC review to add in more details.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 6, 2013 2:50 PM

Jun 2011

The User Review Account is now completely sanctioned and operational!!
We have two reviews published right now. One for the anime Kaiba , and one for the manga Harukana Machi-E.

Both of them can be found here, under the account's review page.
Please, go read them and give your honest vote at the bottom. (Sadly, there is no 'perfect' option, so helpful will have to do.)

Thank you to everyone who has contributed in making this happen. Let's continue to write awesome reviews and spread a bit of enlightenment!
May 6, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
Woo our influence grows little by little Eeeeexcellent. :)

Would it be too much if we included the reviewer's username somewhere in the review as well?
May 6, 2013 5:01 PM

Mar 2009
Perhaps I should have been involved before, but I do not think that the Kaiba review requires the last addition of getting an "8.4" since neither other reviewers nor this site use that specific scale. Seems a bit superfluous.
May 6, 2013 5:07 PM

Apr 2009
dietmango said:
Woo our influence grows little by little Eeeeexcellent. :)

Would it be too much if we included the reviewer's username somewhere in the review as well?

Putting up the main people responsible in both writing and editing sounds like a good idea to me.

AlabastreAizo said:
Perhaps I should have been involved before, but I do not think that the Kaiba review requires the last addition of getting an "8.4" since neither other reviewers nor this site use that specific scale. Seems a bit superfluous.

Maybe change it into something along the lines of "a very strong 8 out of 10, bordering on the line of 9" with a brief explanation why it didn't get that score.
May 6, 2013 5:13 PM

Jun 2011
@dietmango + Nidhoeggr - I'd rather not have the names of individual members within the reviews themselves. I do think it would be a good idea to give credit where it's due though, and have a "Completed Reviews" section in the OP of this thread. It could just be a drop down spoiler that gives all the titles we've reviewed with the names of whoever worked on it. And just have that keep growing as we write more.

@Alabastre - At the moment I'm going to leave things as they are on that review. I've seen it done before, and it helps establish that I wasn't just giving it a flat 8. The previous #2 review hads their final score marked at 45/50, so it's not bad to be precise.
You should absolutely join in for future reviews though! I'd love to get even more people's help and opinions for the writings to come.
-------------------
EDIT: An example of what could be done in the OP.

Completed Reviews

I believe that's how it worked out for Harukana, if not, meta can correct that as it actually happened.
ForgoneRealityMay 6, 2013 5:40 PM
May 6, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2012
Everything seems to be working out well. One question: Why does the Uber-Elitist account have KissxSis dropped?
May 6, 2013 5:34 PM

Jun 2011
@Popka - It's the only anime in our Club's Relations List that is still ongoing, so I couldn't add it under completed.
May 7, 2013 12:35 AM

Apr 2012
I guess I should finish my Jojo review soon.
May 7, 2013 7:43 AM

Jun 2011
SSC_Exin said:

Yeah, I would like to see your second draft. The original was a little rough, but you had something going there.
I think it would be really cool to be able to put out duel reviews of the Jojo anime and manga too. We're one of the few accounts capable of writing on so many titles of both mediums, and I'd like to keep a healthy influx of our manga reviews.

Also, I had an idea to take into consideration. A lot of the time, the reviews that get the most exposure, and therefore help the most people, are published shortly after the conclusion or airing of a series, when the most people are interested in picking it up. So, at the end of Summer season of 2013, I'd like for us to be able to put out a review of a recently concluded series.
This should give us a few months to grow as a club, and strengthen our skills as writers. It would take some devotion to pull off though, and someone would have to be diligent in writing the review so that it could be released shortly after the end of the show. It would also mean sacrificing the pure enjoyment of a show that you legitimately wanted to watch in order to stay analytical, and maintain your writing throughout the airing.
I would be willing to do this, depending on the lineup for summer, and assuming I had grown enough as a writer. So, thoughts or opinions? Does anyone agree with this, and does anyone feel like they could be up for this/ joining me?
May 7, 2013 8:47 AM

Sep 2012
AlabastreAizo said:

While its look superfluous,it can actually work and for example see the manga review of berserk by thecriticsclub STORY = 9.38
May 7, 2013 4:53 PM

Nov 2011
I'd like to do a Lodoss OVA review at some point. It's on our enlightenment list and only one of the top reviews is any good.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/207/Lodoss-tou_Senki
May 7, 2013 5:05 PM

Sep 2012
ForgoneReality said:
SSC_Exin said:

Yeah, I would like to see your second draft. The original was a little rough, but you had something going there.
I think it would be really cool to be able to put out duel reviews of the Jojo anime and manga too. We're one of the few accounts capable of writing on so many titles of both mediums, and I'd like to keep a healthy influx of our manga reviews.

Also, I had an idea to take into consideration. A lot of the time, the reviews that get the most exposure, and therefore help the most people, are published shortly after the conclusion or airing of a series, when the most people are interested in picking it up. So, at the end of Summer season of 2013, I'd like for us to be able to put out a review of a recently concluded series.
This should give us a few months to grow as a club, and strengthen our skills as writers. It would take some devotion to pull off though, and someone would have to be diligent in writing the review so that it could be released shortly after the end of the show. It would also mean sacrificing the pure enjoyment of a show that you legitimately wanted to watch in order to stay analytical, and maintain your writing throughout the airing.
I would be willing to do this, depending on the lineup for summer, and assuming I had grown enough as a writer. So, thoughts or opinions? Does anyone agree with this, and does anyone feel like they could be up for this/ joining me?

It sounds like a good idea considering what you said about reviews being most helpful after a series finishes.

I wrote a review of Baccano! yesterday that I would like to hear your opinions on; if I was going to review any summer anime, I'd like to work on my reviewing style first. Of course, I could just edit for summer anime reviews.

http://sync.in/FL5JUvi2cB

It seems a little short to me, but I wasn't sure what more I should say.
May 7, 2013 6:15 PM

Jun 2011
I did about all I could, having not finished Baccano! yet. I might help out some more on a revised version if I've completed the show by then.

Here, I'm bringing Popka's link to the new page.

http://sync.in/FL5JUvi2cB

ForgoneRealityMay 7, 2013 6:19 PM
May 8, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
ForgoneReality said:

-snip-

We should space out our reviews a bit as well, not necessarily spam them on a certain week when they're all done. We don't want to monopolize the reviewing section, rather we should let other people have an opportunity first. Then there is the issue of who is doing Swimming Bros? We could do this as a group and devise a group review for this fabu~lous piece.

I would be willing to do Tamayura 2 since I'm a fan of season 1.
May 12, 2013 3:21 AM

Feb 2012
SSC_Exin said:
ForgoneReality said:

-snip-

We should space out our reviews a bit as well, not necessarily spam them on a certain week when they're all done. We don't want to monopolize the reviewing section, rather we should let other people have an opportunity first. Then there is the issue of who is doing Swimming Bros? We could do this as a group and devise a group review for this fabu~lous piece.

I would be willing to do Tamayura 2 since I'm a fan of season 1.

Group review for something so fabu~lous it's the only way it can be done.
May 12, 2013 6:11 AM

Mar 2012
I was planning on skipping Swim Bros but writing a review for it sounds fun. Can I be involved somehow?
May 28, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
@SaberRitsu - anyone can be involved so long on some level as they have something to contribute.

So, after the success of our first two reviews, and brief hiatus, I do believe we should start writing again.
What show/manga do you guys want to do next?
Jun 22, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 2012

IT IS DONE

I finally finished my Tatami Galaxy review and sent it off to meta for first level editing. Sorry it took too long. I was too relaxed over the summer. I knew it would the the new school year to get my writing blood flowing.

Also, I'd like to reserve Oyasumi Punpun. I want to review it once it ends.
Jun 22, 2013 10:13 AM

Jun 2011
Hurray!!

I'm glad you were able to finish your review! I look forward to reading it when the time comes.
I also believe that Oyasumi Punpun is still free. It'll be nice to keep a steady portion of manga reviews out.
Jun 22, 2013 10:48 AM

Oct 2009
Hello everyone, I havent read every post in this thread, but I was wondering if there were still positions available. I guess I wanted to try to get in on this since this club is doing some great things, everything I have read in this club has been awesome. So if theres anything I can do, I am willing to learn and ready to help. >.>
Jun 22, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2011
@AgehaMist - The more the merrier! Of course, I'd have to see how capable you were at whatever given role you choose, but past that, we're always welcome to some added help.

Was there a particular editorial position that you had in mind? Or did you want to write something?
Jun 22, 2013 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
I wouldnt really know where or how to begin... I would like to write reviews if possible, but I probably have a lot to learn, and Im not too confident in my writing ability compared to you guys @_@. I also wouldnt mind being in one of the editorial departments or something to try to prove myself. Maybe department 2 would be best for me...
Jun 22, 2013 11:21 AM

Jun 2011
Well, I'm happy to hear your interest in writing. Though good editing is very important too! I take it you've read the 2 reviews put out by the club so far?

That's a pretty good standard for what we want to do. Of course, every writer is going to have a different approach to their review and alternate styles, but those are just examples.

If you'd like to participate in our polls more, that would provide an excellent opportunity to express your ideas in a written format meant to be read by others. Collecting your thoughts and strongly relating how you feel to the reader is important, and it would give us a chance to see your basic writing skills. Aside from that, is there a particular anime or manga that you'd want as your jumping off point? Writing or helping with the editing, either way.
Jun 22, 2013 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
I just read them now, they were really good. I think itll be a while before I get to that point... I think Ill try to get involved more with polls... and maybe try to participate as an editor later once I have a better idea of what I want to do. Theres no series in particular I was thinking of, but I guess Ill get back to you on that. Thanks for your help and acceptance ForgoneReality! :]
Jun 22, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
I just wrote a couple of reviews, anyone want to check them out?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jun 22, 2013 12:20 PM

Oct 2012
sushi55 said:
I just wrote a couple of reviews, anyone want to check them out?

This isn't the place to endorse your reviews.
Jun 23, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
EVERYONE!

The Tatami Galaxy Review is about to move to the 2nd level of editors. I'm not too sure if my old 2nd department (Saeko, Showdown, and -nil) will still be able edit.

In the chance that they can't, is there anyone willing to handle the 2nd level of editing? All replies will be greatly appreciated.
Jun 23, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2011
Saeko and I are fairly interchangeable here, so I'd be willing to do editing in his place.

There's been no activity on his end for a while, but you may be able to round up your other two editors.
Jun 23, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2011
http://sync.in/

^ That one? It appears operational for me. I can even still view Popka's old review.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.