Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2008 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Where's Ilya when Sakura got captured?

Dec 21, 2008 8:08 AM

Jun 2008
I was thinking about the same thing :s
Feb 4, 2009 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
sakuraaaa!

heh, yeah, what did happen to Ilya?
May 1, 2009 5:23 AM

Jan 2009
Good point Ilya disappeared.

Hm is Shirou's hand bleeding because of the attacks by the teacher or is it due to overuse of his tracing?

Next few episodes should be very interesting =) Hope we see a fight on the scale of berserker vs archer. I want to see unlimited blade works again.
Jul 14, 2009 5:27 PM

Oct 2008
I didn't expect that..

Next episode..

Jul 23, 2009 6:38 AM

Jul 2008
Caster's master just owns shit up martial arts style in a business suit.
Sep 30, 2009 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
Whoa! Where did that teacher's bad-ass skills come from? O_o
Oct 7, 2009 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
Zell182 said:

I assumed it was pretty much all enchantments from caster, no human can move that fast lol. Although we only saw caster cast a hand enchantment on him, she must've casted some sort of speed enchantment as well beforehand, and possibly others o.O
brinanOct 7, 2009 8:12 PM
Nov 15, 2009 9:06 PM

Jan 2009
Lol, the teacher looks like the pedo from Azumanga Daioh!

Kinda weird that Sakura does not seem to care that her brother's dead.

Nov 30, 2009 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
LOL SO true... Kazuki-sensei really looks like the Pedo sensei from Azumanga XD... But heck he's pure ownage!!! Who would thought he would be so awesome.... He could fight against Saber and later on against Shirou and Archer's dual Swords without breaking a sweat... WOW WTFF!!!

So... It's not just Caster, but Assassin... Pfff.... they're doomed... Shirou + Rin Team is prone to be defeated easily... I'm sad to say it... but it's the most probable thing to happen... Caster who can enhance the crazed teacher with Magical and Physical protection without diminishing his abilities and And has some crazy Martial Art moves and Sasaki Koujiro, Assassin.... who has the Tsuki whatever sword move... Oh noes... They have it hard...

But yeh what the fruck? Where was Ilya when Caster took over Sakura... Fools... how you couldn't think of the possibility that the whole thing could be a trap.. a trap to get either Sakura or Ilya in their hands... Oh well... this will get even better now :D

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2010 7:49 PM

Nov 2009
yakyuu-addict said:
Caster's master just owns shit up martial arts style in a business suit.

Rofl nicely put~
Its cheap though, saber can't use her noble phantasm anymore...and caster can buff others it seems, so imagine her buffing the assassin servant..he was already a worthy opponent for saber x.x
Feb 6, 2010 1:43 PM

Jan 2010
brinan said:
Zell182 said:

I assumed it was pretty much all enchantments from caster, no human can move that fast lol. Although we only saw caster cast a hand enchantment on him, she must've casted some sort of speed enchantment as well beforehand, and possibly others o.O

It seems that way.
Feb 19, 2010 4:21 AM

Sep 2009
Sakura is definitely strange. I'm looking forward to what Emiya will do next.
Sep 23, 2010 9:53 AM
Jul 2010
I didn't quite get it when they were talking about the gas leaks on the news and Sakura said: "It's going to be alright." nor did I get her attitude about her brother's death... Or maybe she doesn't even know about it? I never really liked her but either way, the poor girl is now going to be sacrificed by Caster.

Hum... And why did Shirou put up more of a fight against the killer-teacher than Saber? It didn't make much sense to me.

But nonetheless it was a nice episode and Caster has got a really interesting Noble Phantasm.
Dec 26, 2010 6:56 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm, it always appeared that Kuzuki was never up to any good. But shit, to think he's more powerful than Saber... o.0?

Looks like the good guys are in a pretty big pinch.
Feb 14, 2011 10:36 AM

Aug 2010
Castor is one helluva bad-ass servant!! Killing her master (i'd like to see him/her) then randomly picking someone else to fill in the spot. Truth be told, she one crazy woman
Jun 16, 2011 1:54 AM

Jul 2010
Kuzuki! Teacher during the day, bad ass master at night lol
Oct 12, 2011 2:03 AM
Jul 2009
Only me who find it strange that all participants in this war are kids from the same town? In the beginning it sounded as it would be a war between real, grownup magicians from maybe the whole Japan. :S
Oct 18, 2011 3:51 PM
Mar 2010
I think we could guess they were going to get Sakura. However, i think there have been enough hints till now to hope that Sakura has or can do something we don't know about. ( She could smell the blood on Rin, says she'll be fine in a knowing way...)
Oct 21, 2011 11:43 AM

Jun 2009
Poor Sakura. :( Poor girl just can't live normal life. :(
Nov 14, 2011 4:58 PM

Jun 2009
I like how Studio Deen didn't even try to explain why Kuzuki was able to defeat Saber, purely because of his "unique" attacks and, like someone in this thread has already said It would not happen again. Overall, as before, I hate how they keep throwing in random stuff from UBW in such a haphazard fashion. In the VN, Shirou makes an effort to find out from his friend about the woman, being caster is, and finds out about Kuzuki then. In the anime he oh so conveniently shows up at his house.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 29, 2012 7:09 AM

Feb 2012
So where's Lancer in all of this? I love how they're going about things like he doesn't exist.
Jun 29, 2012 6:39 PM

Jun 2012
So i know hes a bad guy and all but that teacher guy is a bad ass.

I agree with everyone else... where was Ilya????

Really the Shiro, Saber, Rin team is no match against bad ass teacher, caster, assassin team. there is no logical explanation for a plausable reason they could win. They will win obviously because the main characters always win but thats the only reason they will. They are out skilled. The bad guys completely have the upper hand so much so its unfair. especially now that Saber doesnt have her special attack thing. They dont stand a chance.

This episode was strangely boring to me. the only interesting part was the bad ass teacher kicking all three of their butts.
Jun 29, 2012 6:42 PM

Jun 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
So where's Lancer in all of this? I love how they're going about things like he doesn't exist.

this is also a very good point. we haven't seen him since the beginning of the series. Not even one other confrontation. its like he completely disappeared off the face of the earth or something.
Aug 23, 2012 8:29 PM

Nov 2011
Ilya is busy forming a diabolic plan to defeat everyone to get the Holy Grail herself! XD

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 17, 2012 9:25 AM
Jan 2012
The first part of the episode was booooooring.
Actually, the only good part was the teacher pwning some asses.

Let's see what will happen with Sakura... I can't feel bad for her after watching FZ, anyway.
Oct 17, 2012 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
namelessregret said:

Let's see what will happen with Sakura... I can't feel bad for her after watching FZ, anyway.

WTF?

And this arc is 100% anime original.Might as well skip it....
Oct 17, 2012 10:04 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:
namelessregret said:

WTF?

Oct 17, 2012 10:05 AM

Aug 2009
namelessregret said:
ssjokg said:
namelessregret said:

WTF?

Yeah who deserves to be brainwashed by worms......

It looks like you only see whats on screen without looking somewhat deeper.
Dec 5, 2012 11:04 AM

May 2012
Damn now everything was going so good, Sakura got captured :(
Jan 27, 2013 5:46 AM
Aug 2011
halberdiers said:
Good point Ilya disappeared.

Hm is Shirou's hand bleeding because of the attacks by the teacher or is it due to overuse of his tracing?

Next few episodes should be very interesting =) Hope we see a fight on the scale of berserker vs archer. I want to see unlimited blade works again.

It is because of the overuse, it happened before too.
Feb 22, 2013 11:48 PM

Jul 2008
Of course they would get Sakura...I'm just shocked of how bad Saber got owned.
Mar 5, 2013 8:32 AM

Jan 2012
Castor sure is an interesting character.

Jun 13, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2012
yeah get some cute face from saber when she is eating in this episode wohooo XD

btw caster finally show up.. well she quite creepy.. and the master is sensei? hmm.. i dont mind but.. he talking like an idiot -_-

sakura is taken.. nooooo :( take them broo.. XD

ItsMeAndrea said:
Where's Ilya when Sakura got captured?

thats it.. thats what make me confuse.. she is go home? lol XD
May 16, 2014 9:19 PM
Jun 2013
pretty cool episode.Enjoyed the fight scene and it seems sakura knows something.
Jul 9, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2010
I just love the OP.

From what I knew about Fate/SN, Caster was supposed to be the weakest class so I expected her to fail, but she really found a way to play the game with means different than power, that's impressive.
Aug 20, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2012
Something I didn't understand about this episode is how Shirou was able to replicate Archer's yin-yang swords despite not having actually seen them.

...unless I'm misremembering the first couple of episodes and Archer pulled them out while fighting Lancer
Aug 21, 2014 4:49 AM

Nov 2013
ThreePercent said:
Something I didn't understand about this episode is how Shirou was able to replicate Archer's yin-yang swords despite not having actually seen them.

...unless I'm misremembering the first couple of episodes and Archer pulled them out while fighting Lancer
They're called Kanshou & Bakuya. He did see them yes.
Aug 21, 2014 4:53 AM

Aug 2014
ThreePercent said:

That's explained in the Unlimited Blade Works route. If you watch the new anime coming out this fall or watch the older movie or play the visual novel, it'll make more sense. Unfortunately, since the original Fate/Stay Night anime was a compilation of routes (but mostly the Fate route), there's certain plot holes.
Jan 3, 2015 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
The short fight of Kuzuki and Shirou was pretty cool. To all of the adaptation complaints above, I haven't read the VN, but I notice no huge issues up til now watching it as its own thing.

insan3Inquisitor said:
I like how Studio Deen didn't even try to explain why Kuzuki was able to defeat Saber, purely because of his "unique" attacks and, like someone in this thread has already said It would not happen again. Overall, as before, I hate how they keep throwing in random stuff from UBW in such a haphazard fashion. In the VN, Shirou makes an effort to find out from his friend about the woman, being caster is, and finds out about Kuzuki then. In the anime he oh so conveniently shows up at his house.

Well, overall it feels as though masters aren't portrayed as weak in this version. Emiya is able to hold his own to an extent, Rin was able to take one of Berserker's lives. I would say this master being able to knock down Saber is going to the next level, but it's a fantasy show so it isn't always expected that it will explain the dynamics of things too much. All that's necessary is that it gives the details in that Kuzuki is a master that is strong enough to beat down Saber - now all the show has to do it not break that fact with some contrivance. Even so, it would feel odd for Kuzuki to explain all of the mechanics in detail as there would really be no benefit to him doing so. Him asking Caster to enhance his fists basically shows the viewer that Caster is casting spells on him to make him formidable to servants. Whether that's how it is in the VN or not is irrelevant as this isn't expected to be exactly the same.

To Emiya's friend showing up at his house, the reasoning was understandable and he does seem like a good person. Emiya has been home from school for a number of days, and his friend is a dutiful student who also cares about him, so stopping by isn't something as outrageous to see as "convenient".

I think all of the analyzing of changes is a bit too fueled by being too attached to the source material. Animes are usually at their best when they alter things to better fit the screen.
Jan 4, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2007
Piegoose said:

Well, overall it feels as though masters aren't portrayed as weak in this version.

Except that they are portrayed as inept children in comparison to ufofsn.

Emiya is able to hold his own to an extent,

No way near the level or style he should be able to, as he yet again appears as blubbering idiot instead of calm and calculating.
Rin was able to take one of Berserker's lives.

Which lacks context on why that is so important and just makes berserker look weak.
Don't get me wrong RIN CAN do that, but without context one of her most badass moments in fate route lacks any punch
I would say this master being able to knock down Saber is going to the next level, byt it's a fantasy show so it isn't always expected that it will explain the dynamics of things too much.

Except that it IS explained.
Nasuverse is well famous in terms of explaining and backing up the shit that is going on.
All that's necessary is that it gives the details in that Kuzuki is a master that is strong enough to beat down Saber - now all the show has to do it not break that fact with some contrivance.

Except that it has nothing to do with strength. A most average servant has strength and speed tens of times above human. Servants move at speeds barely visible to human eye, survive outrageous amount of damage,
Even so, it would feel odd for Kuzuki to explain all of the mechanics in detail as there would really be no benefit to him doing so. Him asking Caster to enhance his fists basically shows the viewer that Caster is casting spells on him to make him formidable to servants. Whether that's how it is in the VN or not is irrelevant as this isn't expected to be exactly the same.

It felt shonen-y and this should not be a shonen(the VN is not).
Showing the enhanced arms(with color scheme implicating its Caster's doing) like UFOFSN did that scene is okay.

Either way this whole scene has no place in Fate route anyway because of how the timeline goes. Caster would have no time to get interested in them nor pay close watch to the master.

There's no way to fuse those two timelines without serious plotholes in logic.

I think all of the analyzing of changes is a bit too fueled by being too attached to the source material.Animes are usually at their best when they alter things to better fit the screen.

Except that half the shit in DEENFSN is impossible to understand without VN knowledge(random dragons, Shirou's survivability, FUCKING LATEX SAKURA OUT OF NOWHERE, Archer's power, etc), yet with VN knowledge all of that looks even sillier.

DEEN FSN is as nonsensical as it gets. it is a cheap cash grab anime original storyline that tried to cash in on the fame of the visual novel at the time. It did a piss poor job at adapting it and had three biggest mistakes in an adaptation:
1) Had Mari Okada as main writer(ala the woman who only writers trainwrecks like wixoss, aquarion evol or second second of darker than black)
2) Had a director who thoroughly hated Shirou and had no understanding of characters at all (going as far as saying that Shirou is "typical teenager" or that "Best trait of Sakura is that she would be cheap to date" or that "Saber is actually the main protagonist of this"). A director who did not even bother to contact the original authors who outright stated they would help with any info needed on either FSN or ties to Fate/Zero that was being written back then. The only time Director contacted Kinoko Nasu was to ask whether he can replace sex scene with giant CGI dragon. As a result the story now has a shitload of inconsistencies with both source material AND with Fate/Zero.
3) Had Studio DEEN as studio who adapts. The Studio that is rivaled only by TOEI in terms of skimming off the budget of the animation and making everything look shit.
AhenshihaelJan 4, 2015 8:32 AM
Jan 4, 2015 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
I think you missed my main point being that I'm trying to say this anime is going about in its own element. You're starting to compare things directly to other releases and the VN instead of looking at what is literally going on here - which was my point.

Explain how casting support spells is shouneny. There have been plenty of circumstances where support spells have been cast and there were no shounen boys around.

CookingPriest said:
Except that half the shit in DEENFSN is impossible to understand without VN knowledge(random dragons, Shirou's survivability, FUCKING LATEX SAKURA OUT OF NOWHERE, Archer's power, etc), yet with VN knowledge all of that looks even sillier.

Well I have just begun the VN, but I didn't see it during my re-watch of this. It's easy to see it as a fantasy hsow on its own and not be too surprised by it. For the dragon scene, they state that Shirou will have to go through a painful trial. I didn't expect they were going to explain or even know what his particular trial would be with no VN knowledge, so seeing a dragon appear didn't feel inconsistent when remembering we have Hercules jumping about and familiar servants using magical swords and what-not. If you laugh at stuff like that in fantasy shows in general, you'll be laughing at a good deal of anime. I just can't help but see that the silliness you feel is directly due to you comparing it too strongly to the visual novel. I'll be finishing it sometime soon though, but even when I do notice all of the differences, I'll be taking it much like Fullmetal 2003 compared to Brotherhood. They're different.

The director wouldn't be the issue with Shirou, that would still be the screen-writer. I personally didn't dislike Shirou too much and he had a bit of reason-ability to him, although he was definitely stubborn. Stubbornness doesn't destroy characters for me though, but it isn't too likable of a trait.
Not bothering to get help could definitely end up being a mistake, but it isn't required to be honest. The visual novel is there and completed. I would image most people would ask for the help though if it wasn't too expensive.

Having inconsistencies with the source material isn't that big of a deal. Same with Fate/Zero, unless they knew it was going to be adapted sometime in the future.

I can understand why people dislike Deen, but I thought there was definitely more good than bad here. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, in-fact I enjoyed it (being the atmosphere) more than what I've experienced of the VN so far (which isn't too much, to be honest).
removed-userJan 4, 2015 10:56 PM
Jan 4, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2012
The problems with DEEN's adaptations are vastly over-exaggerated. As a standalone anime this was an enjoyable show.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jan 4, 2015 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
MiniSiets said:
The problems with DEEN's adaptations are vastly over-exaggerated. As a standalone anime this was an enjoyable show.

On the dot
Feb 23, 2015 5:13 AM

Apr 2013
This feels like FMA all over again, interesting beginning but then it got kinda dull and boring.
Mar 3, 2015 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
i wonder if the fact that Matous can no longer use magic will play into the plot and interfere with caster's plan.

a servant summoning another servant? finally an interesting development
Mar 4, 2015 3:48 AM

Jul 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
i wonder if the fact that Matous can no longer use magic will play into the plot and interfere with caster's plan.

Honestly, I can't help but admit I'm a little curious... Why are you watching this instead of the 2014 remake, especially when you've come from Ufotable's F/Z and should logically go ahead to watching Ufotable's take on the original? @.@

Though I mean, it's not totally bad. The original adaptation can be nice, after all. I just think it's a little...backwards.

Mar 4, 2015 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
CarenPriest said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

Honestly, I can't help but admit I'm a little curious... Why are you watching this instead of the 2014 remake, especially when you've come from Ufotable's F/Z and should logically go ahead to watching Ufotable's take on the original? @.@

Though I mean, it's not totally bad. The original adaptation can be nice, after all. I just think it's a little...backwards.

Like 2-3 people tried to warn him at like episode 3. It's all ogre now.
May 3, 2015 5:09 AM
May 2013
Lancer was epic this episode, he completely owned Archer - but at the same time, something tells that Archer was holding back a little....
Jun 1, 2015 10:11 PM

Apr 2013
ColdBeans said:
Kinda weird that Sakura does not seem to care that her brother's dead.

I was gonna say! And also you'd expect Shirou to care about her well-being and ask her how's she's holding up.

Plus it's more awkward that the murderer is right across the table and Shirou knows it...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.