Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 8, 2015 12:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kiroumaru has more gravitas, compassion and logic than any human depicted in this series. Ironic. His search for the weapon makes sense when you consider how his tribe lived at the whim of humans.

Saki's undecisiveness in this episode irked me. The stakes are to high to burn a weapon like that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 14, 2015 5:18 PM

Aug 2014
What the heck is wrong with Saki?

Whether the red-head chick is a Fiend or not is irrelevant at this point. She has slaughtered many people and has scared many many others.

What? You think the people from the village are gonna forgive the red-head chick if she is not a Fiend? You think the village will forgive her after seeing their families and friends get slaughtered and after seeing their village gets destroyed?

The village people at this point would want blood from the red-head chick and the rats.

Great episode. One more to go.
oooo3333Mar 14, 2015 5:29 PM
May 2, 2015 1:21 AM

Oct 2013
You can whine to the maggots when you're dead and buried...

chills chills chills

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 2, 2015 1:22 AM

Jan 2014
hawt batcrap <3
Jun 26, 2015 5:52 PM

Feb 2014
Whyy Saki you idiot I'm so pissed !
Jul 16, 2015 5:46 AM
Dec 2011
that is awesome shun helping saki is brilliant i wouldn't have it any other way :3 oh..my..god... i burst in to treas when i thought satoru is going to die but hooray for saki save satoru that was awesome :3 also i suspected why kiroumaru came to tokyo in the past? i did doubted him like 10% but my heart was telling me "no he wont betray" and my heart was right and my brain was wrong i guess that's why people always say to "follow your heart" ! :3
Oct 10, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
Saki's own personal feelings destroyed the chance of killing the fiend.
Kiroumaru lets the two know about the reason why he came to Tokyo a long time ago, to destroy the humans with ancient weapons.

One more episode to go, should be interesting.
Jan 6, 2016 5:04 AM

Sep 2013
I'm gonna keep thinking about saving the child cause if I do people in my village aren't going to kill it!
Feb 27, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2014
The tension was high in this episode, i couldn't sit and relax, So that wasn't a Fiend, good Twist.
Excellent Episode.
Mar 8, 2016 10:05 PM

Oct 2014
Satoru is a great character, as are Kiromaru and Saki.. Only one episode left for the final showdown.
Apr 9, 2016 9:50 AM
May 2012
Farabeuf said:
Kiroumaru has more gravitas, compassion and logic than any human depicted in this series. Ironic. His search for the weapon makes sense when you consider how his tribe lived at the whim of humans.

Saki's undecisiveness in this episode irked me. The stakes are to high to burn a weapon like that.

Exactly what I think.
Well, let's see how this will end.
Apr 29, 2016 6:35 AM

Sep 2015

I do wish these subs would make their mind up on whether they're calling the Fiend a he or a she. At first they were calling it different things in different sentences, but even in the same lines of speech they're swapping it around now. Lol.

This just showed more of the poor Cantus usage, and more contradictions on Feedback / Inhibition. If they were going to have the virus go into the Fiend via airborne means, there was no reason for Saki to destroy it. All she had to do was use her Cantus to stop the air around Satoru becoming infected. Just blow it towards the Fiend and voila, he doesn't get infected.

And her blowing up of the virus caused severe burns over the Fiend. How did she not receive any of the Inhibition symptoms? Sweating, nausea, loss of consciousness, etc. Her actions caused harm to befall a human. Everything we've been told up to this point would have us believe there should be consequences by doing this.

After all, if there are indeed no consequences of indirectly causing harm, it brings me back to the point I mentioned a few episodes ago - indirectly kill the fiend, and sacrifice one person to death feedback. They can quite clearly ignore the Inhibition, so pretty much every single episode since 18 has been pointless. It's all predicated on "We have no means of stopping the Fiend".
This is shown not to be true though. I've been enjoying this anime up until now but this is such a shame. The inconsistencies make it hard to take seriously.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 3, 2016 8:09 AM

Apr 2009
I was mad at Satoru for throwing the portable mobile archive, think of the vast knowledge that little thing could hold! Besides I found that infernal library adorable so sue me! XP
WTF Saki? All the sacrifices for the Psychobuster was for nothing!

Maz said:
I do wish these subs would make their mind up on whether they're calling the Fiend a he or a she. At first they were calling it different things in different sentences, but even in the same lines of speech they're swapping it around now. Lol.
I was annoyed a bit too. Her, him, her, him, she, what now?...O_o

This just showed more of the poor Cantus usage, and more contradictions on Feedback / Inhibition. If they were going to have the virus go into the Fiend via airborne means, there was no reason for Saki to destroy it. All she had to do was use her Cantus to stop the air around Satoru becoming infected. Just blow it towards the Fiend and voila, he doesn't get infected.

Same thoughts occurred to me exactly on that moment. Clearly they need to get back to school or perhaps creative thinking on practical matters was discouraged in the schools so that their imagination will not crack their facade of psychic control and become susceptible to being Fiends and Karma Demons. Too much stress to actually think and find a solution perhaps? >_<

indirectly kill the fiend, and sacrifice one person to death feedback.
True, better to sacrifice one hero or martyr than job lots of cowardly idiots dying.
It's all predicated on "We have no means of stopping the Fiend".
In that sense, they deserve to die then like lambs to the slaughter.

Here we go. What do we do now, Shun? Clearly you're the one who've Ascended here, enlighten us.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 22, 2016 8:53 PM

Mar 2015
Im in love with the ED song <3

2.8/5
Sep 13, 2016 11:21 PM

Mar 2015
Well Saki is being an annoying bitch now. Stop with the "she's not a fiend", even Satoru understand the situation.

Sep 25, 2016 9:00 PM
Sep 2016
My goodness, this anime... Dear goodness... This is the only animated series I've ever so highly recommended. If you like high fantasy epics, this is as good as it gets. Not to mention, the series is one of the few that takes an open mind towards same sex relationships, passes them off as if it's as normal as day, and actually makes them relevant to the story. It's such a well thought out series and I cannot praise it enough. Little things in the beginning of the series will be brought out towards middle/end and will really blow you away. Ugh, I can't praise this series enough without spoiling everything so I'll just shut my mouth now. The beginning is pretty slow, but you are in for a ride once you do get into the gut of this story.
Oct 22, 2016 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
I'm still not sure what the hell Kiroumaru is....

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 9, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it, talk about a cliffhanger.

So is Shun alive within Saki? That would be kind of cool if it's true.
May 9, 2017 7:51 PM
Apr 2014
Another great episode, can't stop watching.
Jun 26, 2017 10:28 PM

Sep 2014
The Last Gamble. Ep 24.

Plot: Saki reunites with Kiroumarou and Satoru just as the final battle is about to begin. Though they make a plan to kill the Ogre, SSaki is burdened with doubts on whether or not the child is really an ogre. The trap is set and countered with another and Satoru is forced to use the PB. But Saki intervenes and it is lost.

Now the three are locked in place with no way out. But does Saki have one more plan to win?

Character: Goddangit Saki. I get what she's coming from but godangit. She did save Satoru though so its a draw.

Satoru is a cool guy not getting really angry right now.

Kiroumarou keepin it real. And he was right. With that Power, humanity could have killed his group on a whim no matter how long they were loyal. He is like Squeara in that(maybe) but the lack of weapons put the kibosh on his plans.

Animation/sound:It was a tense, tense fight. Not knowing who would strike first or get first blood, Kiroumarou's suspicious allegiance, and the Ogre in general.

5/5. It ends now.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jul 1, 2017 5:29 PM

Nov 2016
Captivating episode,was really absorbed into it. Now it's time for the last one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2017 9:49 AM
Nov 2015
If you don't want to have all of your loved ones die and be the only one left, then die with them. Inhale the psychobuster with them.
Please stupid girl the humans are on the verge of dying and you do another stupid shit.
Oh well I am never tempted to side with the humans anyway. Should all die. They're stupid. Heil Squealer!
Oct 20, 2017 9:51 AM
Nov 2015
By the way Squealer/Yakomaru is voiced by Daisuke Namikawa!!!!
Oct 27, 2017 7:32 PM

Jul 2009
God, this episode frustrated the HECK out of me because SAKI MAKES SUCH STUPID DECISIONS!!! Yes, the episode was good in that the fight and buildup were good, but the things that Saki did just made me want to scream. She wants to save the Fiend just because she's Maria and Mamoru's child? Not to mention she makes Satoru WASTE THEIR TRUMP CARD THAT THEY WENT ALL THE WAY TO TOKYO TO GET. UUGGGHGGHHHHHH I feel so bad because if she had a brain this show would be so much better >_< Stupid selfish MCs make me want to scream OTL Why can't they use their Cantus to throw the weapon at her or something? Sigh ... well, it seems at least Kiroumaru is firmly on their side and they're at an impasse against Squealer's group. I still don't understand how/why Saki keeps hearing Shun's voice (she's gone off the deep end I reckon). I guess this episode just made me want to be on the side of the queerats because apart from Satoru all the humans I liked are dead anyway -_-"
Feb 13, 2018 1:16 PM

Aug 2017
Kiroumaru reveals why he was there before. So, Saki destroys the weapon. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2018 6:06 PM

Jan 2018
Saki should just be clear about what she's saying and explain everything in full. Seriously, she's always throwing these curveballs and that's exactly why people are fucking DYING!

Aug 21, 2018 8:59 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Saki seems to be a short sighted idiot.
Save mankind.....or........ save boyfriend. Thanks to her, one more episode!
Nov 13, 2018 11:48 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I actually liked what Saki did. But not because of her decision by itself.

When I first saw the Psychobuster I thought it was a very straightforward plot device; maybe not worth of the Shinsekai yori style which surprises us every two seconds. I didn't really want an ending where "heroes Saki and Satoru epicly throw the only weapon capable of killing the fiend, maybe one of them sacrifices him/herself or gets badly hurt, everything crumbles for the queerats and an endless celebration follows as a victorious epilogue". This is not Boku no Hero Academia.

I was really thankful with SSY when they got rid of the weapon. Now I'm hyped for the next episode as usual. I knew that that Psychobuster was way too cheap story-wise. I was really wishing more from SSY. And it seems that my wish got granted.

In another topic, I've been always wondering why no one thought of a suicidal attack on the fiend. Even if the death feedback triggered, one person could have sacrificed him or herself in order to save thousands of lives. My only guess is that the death feedback not only kills the person who kills another human but also inhibits the Cantus to properly work for that purpose.

Yeah. Watching it in 2018.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Dec 21, 2018 5:29 PM

May 2013
I have the series as an 8/10 rn. Depending on how they wrap up this series, it can bump up one or stay C:

Is the Fiend really a he? Lmao. They let his hair grow out so much, he looks girly xD

Mamoru and Maria... let's name him Moria :D huehuehue. Or Mori-kun. That's prolly a better name X]

Shun's conscience giving Saki advice lolol

I loved the way she clung onto Satoru <3 so cute~ Even tho I will always ship SakiXShun the most, SakiXSatoru is a close next ship :')
Feb 26, 2019 4:42 PM

May 2017
Im so glad that Kuromaru didn't betray them like I initially feared. I mean he's wasnt 100% honest about everything but I could at least understand his reasoning.

Also good to see Shun again even if hes just a Ghost from Sakis subconsciousness lol
Mar 8, 2019 12:36 PM
Apr 2017
Why didn't the mirror work against the fiend?
Is it because the fiend has no preconception of mirrors and reflections?
Jul 3, 2019 7:27 AM

Oct 2015
God, Saki's the decision was incredibly selfish and has led to their biggest trump card destroyed. Satoru would've died even if the radius didn't reach to him, if the show wants to be consistent. He's throwing the bottle with the intent of ending Messiah's life. The method of killing is irrelevant. We've been told that awareness to the act is all that's required for the parathyroid levels to go down and your subsequent demise.

I think I understand her theory. Maria and Mamoru's child isn't a Fiend, he's just not aware that he's a human so his mind doesn't recognize the act as killing a fellow human being, therefore Death Feedback doesn't register. How Saki has deduced that she's not a Fiend is anyone's guess though.

The fact that becoming a Fiend is a very unlikely occurence which has no bearing on the upbringing of a child begs the question of how Queerats were able to achieve that. But going from there to "the child wasn't a Fiend to begin with!" is too much of a leap considering what's at stake here. For one, unlikely doesn't mean impossible and two, it is possible that there's a way to raise a child which makes him more susceptible to being a Fiend and the villagers simply don't know about it whilst queerats do. Relying on this theory while there are so many drawbacks is pure idiocy.
Auron_Jul 3, 2019 7:54 AM
Nov 23, 2019 7:25 AM

Feb 2017
'I don't get lost when I have to follow a single path.' If only the writer gave himself such an easy time.
Feb 16, 2020 3:11 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, they used the red hair as a red herring.

How Death Feedback works is still vague.How Death Feedback works is still vague.

After all that killing, in the end Maria's child is only a crybaby.

Oh wow, Kiroumaru is ahead of Squealer, he's been thinking about rebellion from a long time ago.

If she's not a fiend then it means she's still have a death feedback and if the death feedback doesn't apply to human then..... If that's true then just command Kiroumaru to kill her already.

The other possibilities would be that Squealer managed to remove the death feedback from that child. But Squealer is not a scientist(at least that's what I thought), so I guess that's out of the possibility.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 28, 2020 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
There are many times when the Queerats prove they are smarter than humans. The humans must have been living too peacefully to the point they seems to have lowered their intelligence in certain areas.

And Saki has been quite annoying for the past several episodes - Wanting to save other people lives when she can't even save her own.
Jul 3, 2020 9:53 PM
Jun 2020
Still watching but had to vent my frustration. Saki is such a dumb bitch, can't do what has to be done, and has proved this time and time again. If I didn't love the premise and storytelling so much I wouldn't still be watching, I cannot fucking stand her :\
Jul 22, 2020 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
The plot just seems to be going round in circles, I hope the conclusion next episode will be satisfactory. A lot of people have said that the anime picks up in 'part 3' after the 2nd time skip but I have to disagree, the 2nd part was my favourite I think. Also I am very concerned with the amount of pedophilic comments in this thread, please think twice before calling a child hot, or a 'trap'.
Nov 10, 2020 3:03 AM

Jul 2017
The story's continuing to lose its impact more and more with each episode for me despite some pretty solid suspense at moments. The production helps but I feel like the world building and narrative is being wasted a bit, despite the amount of good things the show has provided overall to still be decent enough. Kiroumaru is still probably my 2nd favorite character in the show behind Saki. He was nice this episode.
Feb 9, 2022 3:58 PM
Nov 2020
It was no ogre. It was a human raised to kill anyone
Apr 30, 2022 2:50 PM

Jan 2020
At least there is hope that Kiroumaru may survive yet, though I am surprised Satoru has lived this long as well. If it ends up with SatoruxSaki I'll be disappointed.

I guess it's going to come down to Saki's talk no jutsu? I hope she at least kills Squealer like should've happened all those years ago.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 6, 2022 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
Kiroumaru is such a reliable an positive guy, we all need a Kiroumaru in our lives
i never liked the Psychobuster plotline so im glad Marias child isnt getting killed by that
Apr 28, 2023 1:49 PM

Mar 2013
Luigi win by doing absolutely nothing the animation™
Seriously, even her thinking come from a guy that died 15 year ago, what did she even do ?
lasodamosApr 28, 2023 1:55 PM
Dec 12, 2023 10:00 AM
Jul 2021
Saki is the worst. Kiroumaru is the best.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.