Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 15, 2013 12:54 AM

Sep 2012
I just want to say wow, Hanemura had the biggest balls in the room there. Congrats to him, and beating the shit outta Yoshino and Mahiro. Loved that character development he got.

On the other hand, what a powerful episode. Our two hero's are rendered useless as of now, having to rely on the allies they made on their journey. Surely the next two episodes will be grand and I hopefully my body will be ready for it. These next two weeks are going to be painfully agonizing.
Mar 15, 2013 2:42 AM

Sep 2010
T-2, I really gonna miss it.
Mar 15, 2013 3:08 AM

Jan 2011
RediceRyan said:
Great episode.
I was almost expecting Yoshino to fly through the window.

5/5

Was hoping the glass fully broke..
Mar 15, 2013 8:11 AM
Jan 2011
Boy was Megumi really blew up his top, he nearly killed Yoshino, last 2 eps to go, so I wonder if that Yoshino X Hakaze arc is still on?
Mar 15, 2013 8:36 AM

Sep 2012
Quite a lot of talks this episode - perhaps a lot of animation resource was spent in the last episode? perhaps the pace has to slow down a bit for the remaining material?

Not too appreciate Hanemura bursting into rage -- he got angry at Mashiro and Yoshino for not getting angry themselves?? Boy did the two keep their cool after being beaten up like that.

The first meeting of Aika with Mashiro and Yoshino is the highlight. Until I read posts in this thread I would not have guessed in manga the meeting took place separately with Mashiro and Yoshino. The adaptation seems to be smart and bold here.

And correct me if I got it wrong: It seems Mahiro can read the letter Aika left for him but Yoshino had to wait until the Tree of Genesis is brought down?

Now I wonder what is the plan hatched by Mahiro (to be supported by Yoshino) Where did he mean by saying he alone will shoulder the burden left by his sister...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 15, 2013 9:04 AM

Apr 2011
Megumu going off was the best moment he beat the shit out of Mahiro and Yoshino I loled how he acted scared after he did that.
Mar 15, 2013 11:43 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
And correct me if I got it wrong: It seems Mahiro can read the letter Aika left for him but Yoshino had to wait until the Tree of Genesis is brought down?

Nope, they both have to wait. But, well, this isn't really a spoiler, but I'll add it to be safe

And honestly the Y x A meeting may still happen since it's suppose to overlap with Hakaze's scene. But if they actually completely remove it..then that's really daring.
Mar 15, 2013 3:02 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode this time too,
Hanemura snapped → take down Mahiro → Yoshino's organ even snapped. But those 2 really are calm, can they be called mature I wonder.
Young Aika also looks cute
Expecting to see Aika's message, probably will make the 2 cry, maybe
Signature
Mar 15, 2013 7:05 PM

Oct 2012
This show is constantly challenging viewers' attention and thinking, good job and well done.

I like Aika's sentence and smile in the ending. She is the real schemer in this game and I believe she still has some secrets waiting to be revealed.

And I also think there was some other reason for Hanemura to attack them and that this reason is well conected to Aika also (not to mention Yoshino previous comment that she was somehow acting like a man).
Mar 15, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, Hanemura surprised me. This ep has really made up for some of the more "meh" ones from earlier.
Mar 15, 2013 8:26 PM

Sep 2012
WHY HANEMURA!?
Y U NO UNLEASH DAT EXODUS ON YOSHINO AND MAHIRO щ(ಥДಥщ)
Mar 15, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2010
Lol at Hanemura getting angry and Yoshino almost dying.

Dat little Aika, Mahiro, Yoshino! <3

5/5 Aika ftw
Mar 16, 2013 12:15 AM

Sep 2010
that is what happens when you turn the wimp into an unstoppable war machine :v

i knew that the revelation of Aika's death would have a larger toll on Hakaze than on Mahiro and Yoshino, HOW larger.... seems will be revealed next ep.
Mar 16, 2013 2:54 AM

Sep 2011
Decent episode not much else to say.
Mar 16, 2013 4:41 AM

May 2010
Awesome episode..Want to know what will happen in next episode
Mar 16, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2012
Not really as good as the previous episodes, but not bad either.
Mar 16, 2013 8:11 AM
Mar 2010
Interesting but pretty generic pre-fight set up episode. Looking forward to seeing what is inside the letters.
Mar 16, 2013 8:31 AM
Apr 2011
wah, this nice episode, it's have Fuwa Aika.... i live her....
and to see Hanemura in action, wow... he is getting strongger now....
can not wait how Hanemura fight the tree....
Mar 16, 2013 12:11 PM

May 2011
Well this was a pretty nice buildup episode to the final battle. It was good to see how Yoshino and Mahiro are feeling after all of this. And whoaaa at how Hanemura snapped like that, though I actually didn't like or care for him to do that.

This flashback of them meeting Aika for the first time was a great one to watch. And the preview's got me excited about some scenes in the next episode that isn't about the fight.
Mar 16, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, Yoshino and Mahiro got beaten around good! Hanemura can do it if he really wants to. The first meeting with Aika was pretty nice. They got along pretty quickly and she found them 'amusing'. :P

Nice to see Mahiro man up and take responsibility for his family's problems. I wonder what both him and Yoshino can actually do though. Looking forward to the final battle!

Mar 16, 2013 10:12 PM

Jul 2012
Uggh Hanamura why oh why. lol he still can't see a foot past in front of him.

That dinner with the 3 of them was by far some of the best Aika show time!

Once again awesome music!
Mar 17, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2012
i still have that little dream that aika didnt die, she had been my fav character since the first eps,heck,since i watch the cover for zetsuen. T.T i probably gonna cry when they open the letter and that something on that pendrive,i know its a pendrive. Oh Aika, such an elegance character. She always have something nice and solid to say.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Mar 18, 2013 8:46 AM

Jun 2008
Misail said:
I really want to know what Aika wrought on those letters
Next episode will de awesome

Hmmm..I wonder.
Maybe a way to return?
Mar 19, 2013 4:14 AM

Jan 2011
Hanemura #1 dick, he should mind his own business.
Great buildup episode, seeing their past was nice.
The preview got me exited for me, it looks like Hakaze is mad.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 21, 2013 1:42 AM
Aug 2011
Finally caught up.

lmao!! I just couldn't believe Hanemura was kicking the crap out of both of them.
It had me in a weird mix of "WTF DUDE?!" and laughter at the same time.
Then Yoshino coughing up blood and basically dying there on the couch.
(Kaji Yuki tho, go easy on my ears please.)

Mahiro compared Aika to a vegetable and just some episodes back he told Yoshino not to compare his sister to a vegetable.
Oh the useless things I remember. -_-'
Mar 23, 2013 3:32 AM
Jun 2012
I was a little worried by the latter half of this anime, losing its initial atmosphere of a tragedy by having a little too much comedy.. I wasn't sure what their purpose was. Was it just to add some relief? But there was so much that it seemed like the whole series turned upside down.
but then, Aika's words at the end gave a good reason for it: "Because any tragedy may seem a comedy as long as i am with them"

Great ep!
Mar 23, 2013 9:18 AM
May 2012
Goddamn you, megumu! You're such an asshole, really. Beating both Mahiro & Yoshino.
JafriZinMar 23, 2013 9:41 AM
Mar 23, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2008
Hanemura was awesome this episode. He keeps on surprising. The final battle is here, so here we go.
Mar 25, 2013 6:40 PM

Sep 2008
Hybridbloodszak said:
Thank the lord Hanemura isn't the protagonist of this anime/manga

His reaction after hearing the truth regarding Fuwa Aika juxtaposes nicely with Yoshino and Mahiro's. Both sides of the same coin, you have the two boys taking it rationally without their emotions getting to them and then Hanemura's is arguably the more "human" reaction telling them how wrong this whole situation is. As noted by Samon this week, Yoshino and Mahiro are far more mature for their age than they let on. It's something you don't see very often in shonen protagonists. I can appreciate where Hanemura is coming from though, his mindset is very much like a Jump character acting on feelings.

And yet it is this "shounen-ish", "typical Jump character-ish" vibe that Hanemura gives off that annoys me to the point of distraction. Because why is it not normal to take the news calmly. Both Yoshino and Mahiro have had 1.5 years to mull over Aika's mysterious death and given their intelligence, it is not as if they had never considered this possibility. The only thing happening here is a confirmation of that possibility. Furthermore, since when did it become "normal" to go "ASDAQ$%(A@RAGE" whenever something bad happens? On the other hand, what is NOT normal is to hit your friends/mentors repeatedly to the point of inflicting fatal injuries just because you thought they were not reacting normally. If this is the kind of "values" and "norms" and the kind of message we are sending to young viewers, then there is really something wrong.

However if it is the subtle intent of the director to use this scene to point out the absurdity and disconnect from reality that is typical of most formulaic shounen anime/manga then I must really applaud him.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Apr 5, 2013 6:02 AM
May 2012
The way that Hanemura beating Mahiro & Yoshino is just way too inexcusable.
Apr 5, 2013 11:08 PM

Feb 2010
Oh Hanemura... chill the fuck out.
Apr 10, 2013 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Haha, I just couldn't stop laughing when yoshino was like "I think he broke something fairly important" then just falls on the couch. And wow, hanemura is really strong now.

I died. That part was way too funny! Daaamnnn, so sad this anime is coming to an end! D:
Apr 15, 2013 10:02 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, these guys just take everything in stride when I expect them to do the opposite. Especially Mahiro, I thought he'd flip shit and go BSOD because he's now lost his reason for continuing to live.

Hanemura flipped apeshit. Holy crap. Sure, they do seem easily accept Aika's death, but that is not his place to butt in. Funny how Mahiro completely turned the tables on him though.

Mahiro seriously changed so quickly. Geezus. Revenge-->Save the world in a couple minutes of discussion. Although it sounds like it might end in a tragedy by the way the discussion at the end was leading to...

Aika flashbacks were great, more light shed on her past is always a bonus.
Jun 9, 2013 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
At least Hakaze wasn't that annoying in this episode, but that's just me.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 16, 2013 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Despite some sophistry, the great maturity and unpredictability shown by the characters, the narrative make it enjoyable episode that shows in a different light even the Wizard of Zetsuen! XD
Plot a little too played on the dialogues, I wanted something more. Drawings and animations still nice and clean. Despite the monotony, I felt a certain pathos!
Final score 5/5 I think it's the right one, give it 4/5 would be unfair.
Oct 24, 2013 6:41 AM

Nov 2009
I really don't get why it seems to think that Mahiro and Yoshino are doing so much at this point . . . I mean Samon mentioned that it was really the only option, so it isn't like it was some "out of the box" epic plan. So what exactly makes them the key? Just because they are the main characters and it has to revolve around them? =/
Jan 18, 2014 12:35 PM
Apr 2011
Really great "reel it in" episode. After such a eventful last two episode, we are back into the present and seeing Hanemura react that way was pretty badass. He should keep this mindset for the battle to come.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 31, 2014 11:02 PM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
I really don't get why it seems to think that Mahiro and Yoshino are doing so much at this point . . . I mean Samon mentioned that it was really the only option, so it isn't like it was some "out of the box" epic plan. So what exactly makes them the key? Just because they are the main characters and it has to revolve around them? =/

Yep.
Mar 8, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
Who would thought that its a suicide. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 6:48 PM

Dec 2013
RediceRyan said:
Great episode.
I was almost expecting Yoshino to fly through the window.
5/5
haha this ^
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
May 20, 2014 8:26 AM

Jun 2011
This is why Mahiro is my favorite character of the series, and Yoshino is slowly growing on me. Hanemura was pretty freakin cool too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 16, 2014 11:27 PM

Apr 2010
More and more I feel like Mahiro is like my twin or something in terms of personality. Two more episodes to go. Hanemura is nice and all but I dislike him for some reason.
Jul 20, 2014 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
2 to go. The second half is much better, 7/10 so far.
Jul 31, 2014 10:21 AM

May 2012
Another great episode, that little flashback again to their younger selves was also pretty cute and interesting! All in all I do wonder how they'll end this series!
Sep 14, 2014 5:56 AM

Jul 2013
well this was a good episode and Hakaze didn't fawn on Yoshino too.
Dec 27, 2014 4:59 AM

Jun 2011
not sure if I should laugh or get mad at Hanemura....lol
Chill bro
Dec 31, 2014 6:16 AM

Jun 2013
DIS GOT REAL.
I have two more episodes left to watch before the New Year's day here in our country. XD
Jan 10, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
Aside from the ridiculously pretentious Hamlet quotes (seriously, I feel like Im browsing /r/atheism) the shows been pretty good thus far.

I cant say that Ive really been enjoying it, but its hood enough to make me marathon it, so good job whoever the fuck made this
May 30, 2015 4:07 AM

May 2013
At first I thought he was going to be pissed because thanks to Aika, the burden is passed down on to him. It was a great scene to show that Hanemura really cares about them although he definitely overdid it...

That dinner scene where Yoshino, Mahiro and Aika first met felt so nice, really emphasized how great of a relationship the three of them. (ignoring the secret dating)

Episode was a pretty good hype episode. The bonds were strengthened in this episode.
Aug 10, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
Hanemura with the table flip (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I still wanna know how Aika and Yoshino got into a relationship haha. And when will Junichirou reveal his abilities :p

Oh yeah, I wanna know the contents of that letter!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.