Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 17, 2013 12:22 PM
Jul 2010
The biggest problem with R;N is the peoples who are watching it. Absolutely EVERYTHING is logical, but it has been written to make the spectator think about what is going on (Not obvious enough for normalfags= "lulz wut iz dat shet"). So basically if you think there is a plot hole in the end of Steins;Gate, there is a chance that you won't like R;N. Because there's no plot hole at all in the end of Steins;Gate.
And I actually like how is Gunprod 1, it looks home-made :D
Mar 17, 2013 3:10 PM

Jun 2011
That long speech Kimijima Kou was delivering about him being super cold and fast in his decision-making to proceed with his plan...in front of people he was going to shoot... just didn't make sense.

And what a lack of suspense, we all knew that they wouldn't be shot down by him there, so why even bother? Every time Kimijima Kou appears personally... He utterly fails.
Mar 17, 2013 4:43 PM

May 2009
For everyone complaining about villain, interesting copypasta
He was a researcher that wanted to further manking through technology, he wanted to preserve dying people and store them on networks like Iru-O so they never had to die.
His genius did not go unnoticed, and he was extended a hand into the elite, The Committee of 300.
Their ethics were virtually nonexistent but they had resources, more than he usually would.
So he sat through unethical experiments that could be considered torture, he conducted research that often left people done for, but it all amounted to the greater good.
He met a very ill girl named Airi, and, determined to save her, he ran the first edition of his technology that he hoped would preserve mankind.
He wrote the Kimijima reports, in the hope of defecting from the Committee once he had what he needed, in the hopes of helping the world.
Then? He conducted the wrong experiment, and the sister of one of the subjects brained him with a wrench.
Dead, his corrupted conciousness remained on the network, but with the limitations of a program, it only understood directive and had no heart. While it had all of his memories, it had no feelings.
Kimijima Kou was dead, only a bastardized abberation remained, not caring for who it hurt.
Mar 17, 2013 5:28 PM

Dec 2010
This was a fantastic episode! One of the best of the entire show! I forgot how much I love this show... I'm just really glad that Kai and Aki happened. It had been hinted at from the very first episode, and I was hoping it would develop, and what do you know, it did! Loved it! Now I am really excited for the finale!
Mar 17, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2011
bastek66 said:

It's fake.
Mar 17, 2013 6:56 PM
Mar 2013
Stark700 said:

This became my new wallpaper 5 seconds after I was done watching the episode! Absolutely loved that scene...
Mar 17, 2013 7:00 PM
Mar 2013
j0x said:
Kai X Aki happened i just hope that is not a death flag though like Aki is worrying

Is it just me or was "death flag" a reference to Mirai Nikki?
Mar 17, 2013 7:43 PM

Jan 2013
randomizer0 said:
j0x said:
Kai X Aki happened i just hope that is not a death flag though like Aki is worrying

I think he meant:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LastKiss
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 17, 2013 8:32 PM

May 2009
randomizer0 said:
j0x said:

Why would anyone reference that shit? Concept of flags and deathflags is much older.
Mar 17, 2013 8:58 PM

Jun 2011
randomizer0 said:
j0x said:

未来日記ってなに?食べられるの?
Mar 17, 2013 9:56 PM

Jul 2012
The GunPro-1 kinda remind me a T-rex, with those tiny arms.
Mar 18, 2013 2:37 AM
Mar 2013
bastek66 said:

Why would anyone reference that shit? Concept of flags and deathflags is much older.

So it seems... I'm kinda new to the culture and I've only watched a handful of Anime so excuse my ignorance. Mirai Nikki wasn't that bad though, it had its moments. It did get kinda stupid near the end though, I give you that!
Mar 18, 2013 2:47 AM

Nov 2011
LittleStar said:
Also Subaru love Akiho!?
Since when? xD

I found this even more out of sorts than Kai's sudden confession. Seemed as though Subaru was on a Frau or Jun route, if any route at all.
Mar 18, 2013 6:55 AM

Jul 2008
I like how Aki even mentioned a Nae and Onee-sama route for Kai, but not a Jun one.

Mar 18, 2013 7:22 AM

Mar 2012
raykable said:
The biggest problem with R;N is the peoples who are watching it. Absolutely EVERYTHING is logical, but it has been written to make the spectator think about what is going on (Not obvious enough for normalfags= "lulz wut iz dat shet"). So basically if you think there is a plot hole in the end of Steins;Gate, there is a chance that you won't like R;N. Because there's no plot hole at all in the end of Steins;Gate.
And I actually like how is Gunprod 1, it looks home-made :D
You could share whatever thing you're smokin', dude
samurai1993Mar 18, 2013 7:26 AM
Mar 18, 2013 8:26 AM
Feb 2009
DIE NORMALFAGS!!!
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 18, 2013 9:23 AM

Jan 2012
wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha... WHAT HAPPENED!! @@

uggghh,, i wanna climb up the friendzone ladder xD

but seriously,,, why do i have to watch that scene for 3 times? xD
Mar 18, 2013 12:13 PM

Mar 2011
Gosh. Didn't like it. It just doesn't have the atmosphere.
Mar 18, 2013 1:55 PM

Sep 2009
Wow... That was unexpected but I loved it. This is the one of the best episode!
I love that confession! I love the way they kissed each other. ^^
It's one of the greatest kissing scene I've seen so far in most anime series that I've watched.. And Kai, is one of the great male character that I've met. :)
Mar 18, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2009
Kansokusha said:
bastek66 said:

It's fake.

I thought that was Steiner's
Mar 18, 2013 6:17 PM
Feb 2013
Nice episode, made up a bit for the last one. At least there's no fucking deus-ex parrot. The confession scene was nice. I don't see why so many people think there was no proof of them liking each other before this, I thought it was kinda obvious since the episode where they introduced karate-kid.
Does anyone know what's the deal with those "monopoles"? Did I miss anything or did they just fall out of the sky waiting for mc to use them for his robot?
Mar 18, 2013 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 18, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
So cute. I thought Kai was in love by Frau, but I ever was shipping Kai x Aki, I was so happy when Kaito said he loves Akiho

Plus, I liked Airi and Sister Centipede in this episode. So sad :c
Mar 18, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2011
bastek66 said:
Kansokusha said:
bastek66 said:

It's fake.

I thought that was Steiner's

Steiner? You mean THAT Steiner? I thought he is busying with his translation of S;G materials, he watches R;N too? But if the source is really from him then maybe he got it wrong. In the VN there's nothing like that being mentioned. The anime makes it look like Kimijima still got some redemption when he's still alive. The prelude novel "Senomiya Misaki's Unpublished Notes" clearly depicts him as a
KansokushaMar 18, 2013 8:46 PM
Mar 18, 2013 10:37 PM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
Nice

Yess~ *0*
me on the inside -----> Finally! Hell yeah!! Wooot!!!! ♥
XD

Can't wait for the Final. Kai, be safe. :')
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 20, 2013 12:39 AM

Aug 2012
meguchiinyan said:
The confession scene reminded me of Steins;Gate's confession scene c:

Haha me too, he did it Kyouma style, "And what about you?"
Mar 20, 2013 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
"Can I get a kiss as a blessing from the Goddess of Victory?"

Awesome line to ask for a kiss to seal the deal. Also loved how Kaito confessed so directly and casually. He had control over the flow. Lol, the rest of the club was watching it all unfold in real time. Spilled the beans for the others as well, Subaru had feelings for Akiho while Kona had hers for Kaito.

And then we return to that scene from episode 1. I love it when scenes go full circle like this. Only the finale left.
Mar 20, 2013 2:41 PM

May 2009
kngu said:
I thought Kai would go the Frau route too

Her "route" ended in episode 14. Her grabbing his arm was glimpse of her ending picture.
Did you notice that there was zero development between Frau and Kai after that episode?
I still wonder why anyone could think that Kai is into Kona.
Mar 20, 2013 6:35 PM

Jul 2011
GateLambda said:
Those drones look awfully familiar to the ones in Battlefield 3 ...
pic: http://bf3blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/battlefield-3-mav.jpg

Or maybe that's just their generic appearance. Either way, great ep <3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_RQ-16_T-Hawk

It's based off of the Honeywell RQ-16 T-Hawk which is made for the US Army.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Mar 20, 2013 9:24 PM

Oct 2011
I'm glad there won't be an much of an UST ending!
Thank god
Mar 20, 2013 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
Just gonna leave this here.

Frau Bow second best

:(
Mar 21, 2013 6:55 AM
Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
kngu said:
I thought Kai would go the Frau route too

Her "route" ended in episode 14. Her grabbing his arm was glimpse of her ending picture.
Did you notice that there was zero development between Frau and Kai after that episode?
I still wonder why anyone could think that Kai is into Kona.

Agreed; and right at the confession scene where Aki said that there was Frau, Nae, or her sister Kai could be with, Kai basically responds with "what do they have anything to do with this?" which just basically furthers the notion that Kai wasn't interested in them. If anything, I see Kai's "relationship" with Frau as more of a friendship where he helped her realize that she isn't alone, she has people who want to support her, and maybe through all this she'll find her mom and get those answers she's been looking for.

Maybe that was misconstrued as a "relationship"? but it was sort of one-sided and after episode 14, you didn't really see them hang out or talk that much as in her route.
Mar 21, 2013 10:51 AM

Jul 2012
Damn why didn't Frau win...

feels bad man.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Mar 22, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
poor sister caterpillar ;( I liked her and it was so sad scene when she say 'goodbay' to Airi. Kai was so cute when he say I love you to Aki ;3 awww Like it ;D
Mar 23, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2012
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
Kai X Aki ftw
bout friggen time

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 24, 2013 7:51 AM

Oct 2012
Kai x Aki with the other reaction made my day XD.
Mar 24, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2011
Omfg YES! Kai x Aki finally happened! WOOOT! God I just loved that beautiful kiss scene <3333. They were both acting so cute with each other and it was really nice to see Aki flustered like that. What a fantastic moment and episode. And the background music playing during that scene made everything even better.

The scene that Aki had with Kai before his confession was a great one as well. It had me feeling so sad and sentimental about what's coming up next in the final battle. I am so glad they decided to follow that up with Kai's confession.

Lol at Subaru and Frau's reaction. Didn't expect Subaru to act like that either haha. Loved the way they ended this episode as well.
ZeroZxMar 24, 2013 3:36 PM
Mar 28, 2013 8:48 PM

Oct 2010
Airi: Why are you doing this?
Kou: Why? Because I want to complete the experiment.
Airi: Why do you want to complete the experiment?
Kou: Why? Because I want to complete the experiment.

WOW, THEY COULDN'T EVEN GIVE THE MAIN ANTAGONIST A PROPER MOTIVE?! AT THIS POINT I WOULDN'T EVEN CARE IF HE WANTED REVENGE ON HUMANITY BECAUSE HIS WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT GOT HACKED. I can't believe the people behind this created Steins:Gate (9/10) because this anime is absolutely abysmal. 4/10... I'll be flipping tables if they stuff up the Steins;Gate movie...

The confession scene is alright, but holy crap, I never face-palmed so hard in ages......
AznAndyz5Mar 28, 2013 9:02 PM
Mar 30, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2008
Kissu!(´ε` )♡
wow, this was so sudden, somehow I didn't saw it coming...
Unfortunately, compared to steins;gate, where we saw similar scene under similar circumstances, this one didn't had an "impact". I cried during scene in S;G but here... well it was what I wanted since the beginning of the show but it lacks something, same as the story in general.
Apr 13, 2013 4:47 AM

Dec 2010
A really good episode, it's just as full as it should be before the end. But I still can't see how this is gonna end in just one episode =

Anyways, it's great that Kai confessed to Aki. Still
leetshoe said:
l thought he was on Frau's route

:D

But I didn't see Subaru being in love with Aki, lol.

Anyways, I didn't expect Super GunPro Build 1 to run so smoothly.
Apr 13, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
I love how kai confessed to aki and I also like how they kissed :D

Apr 17, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2008
samurai1993 said:
Toucanbird said:
This show is so underrated, it's depressing. I don't see how a series connected with Steins;Gate can be underrated, but for some reason, this one sure is.

I wonder how this series is going to end? I can't wait for the final episode to find out.

Some of us actually like to see consistent character progression and a solid backdone to the story, something that Steins;Gate was very good at: 1 story at a time, and at a correct pace. Robotics;Notes, though having good individual parts, tried to use so many of them at the same time, executing so many parallel stories without establishing a solid foundation, resulting in a weak development that started to fall apart slowly around chapter 10.

You need more than cliffhangers, cute romantic scenes (even as good as this confession was) and a pseudo-serious, conspirational and desutional theme to build a good story, and one of those requirements is "consistency". That's the main difference between Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes.

Couldn't have said it better. The built-up to the character relationships and so on in Stein Gate was very well done and especially with the girl he loves. Their relationship developed in-frond of our eyes. Not so in this case. This feels more like Characters just do stuff cause is anime.
Apr 28, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
Nice

I hate it!! I want Kona x Kaito!!
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

May 18, 2013 11:13 AM

May 2012
That confession <3 Quite a lovely episode, I like how they managed to put a proper love story next to the main story and still making time for a kiss scene! That device sure is strong, I wonder how he'll be using it!

Great episode I really loved it, lets see what's up for the final episode! The buildup is there so lets see if the ending will be as epic!
Jun 14, 2013 9:47 PM

Jun 2012
BEST GIRL WON?!?!

Fuck yeah.
Jul 21, 2013 11:01 PM

Feb 2008
Why would he give her the button? She's practically guaranteed to hesitate and get him killed (if we ignore the fact that this is an anime and that can't possibly happen).

I think if I was about to throw my life away for the sake of the world, I'd be asking for more than just a kiss ;)
Oct 9, 2013 3:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that affected a little banality of the plot, but the ending makes it exciting vision. Narration enough, only in the second part there is an incentive addictive! Drawing with ups and downs, animations on the same line indicates. I hope that the ending is not too predictable. Frau beat Aki sharply as interest.

Frau + Love = one more point in voting! XD
Dec 29, 2013 2:32 PM

Dec 2008
"DIE, NORMALFAGS!!!!!!!" LMAO!!
I'm a little upset because I wanted Kai x Frau. Why does the childhood friend always have to get the guy? *sigh*
Mar 1, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
Hannah_Ana said:
"DIE, NORMALFAGS!!!!!!!" LMAO!!
I'm a little upset because I wanted Kai x Frau. Why does the childhood friend always have to get the guy? *sigh*

Wait, you are kidding right? The childhood friend almost NEVER gets the guy.
Apr 12, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
frau would have a 3some... it's fine.

spice it up as they get older
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.