Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2013 10:37 PM
Jul 2011
Yayoi should have taken Masaoka.
Mar 14, 2013 10:55 PM

May 2010
HOLY SHIT
Mar 14, 2013 10:57 PM

Dec 2011
THIS ANIME!

A great episode overall, plenty o hype, suspense and action/emotions. As far as the finale goes, Akane will probably end up volunteering to have her brain inside Sibyl. She recognizes that it's a necessary evil and will prob. sacrifice herself to save Ko or something. Either way can't wait, i'm so excited!
Mar 14, 2013 11:05 PM

Oct 2012
Outstanding episode. Really kept the adrenaline pumping.

Masaoka was a great detective and an even better father, no matter how self-depreciating he may be.
I eagerly await the finale.
Mar 14, 2013 11:25 PM

Nov 2011
It's not everyday you get an ep that has you at the edge of your seat from A-Z.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 14, 2013 11:34 PM
Nov 2012
Ginoza ;_;

Hooray the final episode next!
Mar 14, 2013 11:50 PM
Aug 2012
shanimebib said:
Every time they bloody split, someone dies.

Sad to see the old man dying on his son's arm. Masaoka was my second most favourite character in the anime (after Kogami). Ginoza will be getting a mechanical arm by the end of the final episode. And if the Sibyl system is up and running, he is most likely on his way becoming an enforcer. Everything points to that direction. Kunizuka will most probably survive. And if the system is somehow dissolved (I hope it does) she will return to becoming a musician. That's two ends for you, with and without the system.

And I can almost see both Kogami and Makishima dying. Kogami most likely to take Akane's shot when she will pull the trigger knowing it's in non-lethal paralyzer mode, but the dominator will either be reverted to original state due to Makishima being apprehended or modified by those brains-in-the-boxes.

Outstanding watch overall. Still a 10/10.

That is disgustingly plausible.

Prepared for a tragedy in a week
Mar 15, 2013 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
There it is, the Urobutcher!!! Dang.

Hopefully, we get an more action packed stuff in the final episode. Can't wait to see how this will all end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2013 12:15 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode cant wait to see what happens in the final episode is epic. This is probably a must buy on BD
Mar 15, 2013 12:54 AM

Oct 2011
I can see the "good ending" coming :

- Akane is alive and still an inspector
- Ginoza will switch to enforcer
- Makishima will join Cybil as a brain
- Kogami will be alive, but in isolation in a nice cell

And the last scene would be Akane visiting Kogami, then leave with a bittersweet smile on her face, go inside a car, with Yami and Ginoza as enforcer, and get a call for a new case. Everything with the ending music
Mar 15, 2013 1:01 AM

Nov 2012
Tryss said:

And the last scene would be Akane visiting Kogami, then leave with a bittersweet smile on her face, go inside a car, with Yami and Ginoza as enforcer, and get a call for a new case. Everything with the ending music

I think that would be a good ending. I really hope no one else dies except Makishima.
Mar 15, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2011
R.I.P Masaoka.And the scene with Gino was so sad :(

Only 1 episode left >.<
I will miss this anime.
Mar 15, 2013 1:51 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, especially good animation
Mar 15, 2013 1:52 AM

Mar 2011
Thank you Urobutcher and Production I.G for this excellent episode.
Mar 15, 2013 3:01 AM

May 2012
Akane is dying next ep.....

interpets said:
Tryss said:

Mmm, maybe

or

- Akane dies preventing Kogami form killing Makishima
- Ginoza indeed becomes and enforcer
- Makishima ... dunoo, I cannot quite see him as part of sibyl, death is more preferable to him
- Kogami gets to live but with Akanes death in his conscience

Far more interesting and according to the series would be:

Key will be Akane. It will be the final test for her, know he know all the truth and she has screwed up two times in a row already, one she let one of her two best friends die, second she managed to save kagami after makiishima kkicked his ass, but we know the result of that, time to see her final resolution:

a) She sacrifices herself (dies) to save Kagami and stop Makishima, but does not kill Makishima. Kougami stiops but does not kill Makishima to honor Akanes death.

b)She commits the same mistake again, cannot and does not want to kill Makishima, manages to stop him but at the cost of Kogamis life.

c) Akane manages to stop Makishima and save Kogamis life. --> Happy go lucky ending. Cannot see this happening.

d) ????

My bet is either Akane or Kougami die. Happy ending does not fit the series at all and the ending wont be as impacting as it can. I can see them both living only if their lives get screwed up one way or another.

9988Mar 15, 2013 3:32 AM
Mar 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Feb 2011
Awwwwwww , I feel so bad for the old man :(
Anyways , the end of the episode was exciting , can't wait for the next ep .
Mar 15, 2013 4:26 AM

Apr 2011
DAT FACE

Mar 15, 2013 4:41 AM

Mar 2013
It was great!
And now I'm just wonder if there will be repeating of 11th ep. scene but with Ko in Makishima's arms, when Akane again will be given a chance to save her friend by shooting Makishima from Kogami's gun (as he dropped it). In that case she will probably get herself together this time and actually do the job. I bet it will not affect her PP and that is when Sibyl will become interested in Akene not as a pawn but as part of the system, i really doubt she will easily agree to that. So the deal must be: her life in exchange for Kogami (as the previous one was off). Kogamy watching all this will probably win over himself and gain normal PP (that awesome fighting scenes in first and second OP must be some kind of a hint). So that will be the end: Kogamy becoming inspector again, Gino working as an enforcer with iron left hand and Akene guiding them as voice of the Sibyl system in their guns.

So what do you think is the ending like this enough bittersweet for Urobuchi's script?
Mar 15, 2013 4:45 AM

Apr 2011
ogniva said:
It was great!
And now I'm just wonder if there will be repeating of 11th ep. scene but with Ko in Makishima's arms, when Akane again will be given a chance to save her friend by shooting Makishima from Kogami's gun (as he dropped it). In that case she will probably get herself together this time and actually do the job. I bet it will not affect her PP and that is when Sibyl will become interested in Akene not as a pawn but as part of the system, i really doubt she will easily agree to that. So the deal must be: her life in exchange for Kogami (as the previous one was off). Kogamy watching all this will probably win over himself and gain normal PP (that awesome fighting scenes in first and second OP must be some kind of a hint). So that will be the end: Kogamy becoming inspector again, Gino working as an enforcer with iron left hand and Akene guiding them as voice of the Sibyl system in their guns.

So what do you think is the ending like this enough bittersweet for Urobuchi's script?

Most likely Akane will be the one who shoots Makishima. i imagine her shooting him, everyones speechless/surprized faces and her cool/pokerfacelike expression
Mar 15, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2011
9988 said:
Akane is dying next ep.....

I really doubt it.

What's interesting here is someone who discover the ugly truth about the system but still accept it because it's a "worse evil" than the alternative.

It'll be painfull for Akane to have the person she hate the most becoming part of the system, a system she'll serve.

That's the great irony here : someone who killed an innocent friend of her while playing with her feelings, someone who killed Masaoka, someone who made Ginoza pp explode, someone who made Kogami first becoming a latent criminal then go rogue (and maybe killed), someone who created big riots and responsible for many death...

And she will turn this guy as one of the brains that command her. She'll add one more twisted mind to this twisted system, getting nothing more than keeping something she wouldn't have to lose without the system. And she is doing this willingly, for the greater good, a self sacrifice of her emotions for a "twisted but better than chaos" system

But if Akane die, the irony disapear. Or at least, if she die, Makishima and Kogami must both stay alive.

It fit the thematic of Urobushi stories (as I see them) : a twisted self sacrifice for the greater good
Mar 15, 2013 5:20 AM

Mar 2012
Gen is so good on this.

-Akane kills Makishima to save Kogami with a nailgun or kogami´s gun.
-or Kogami gets killed then Akane kills Makishima.
-or Kogami kills Makishima and Akane has to choose Sybil or Kogami.
-Sybil fools Akane by unlocking the dominator, and shoots Kogami. That would be interesting.
-Sybil is mad. Kogami and Akane flee and start living together as traitors. Enforcers are looking for them.
-Sybil goes down. But... there are so many chiefs. Not a good idea.

Ahhhhg bring the last episode now.
huntxMar 15, 2013 5:27 AM
Mar 15, 2013 5:54 AM

Feb 2012
how the hell did masaoka overcome makishima physically? is it even possible?
a great episode.
Mar 15, 2013 5:59 AM

Aug 2012
Saturate said:
how the hell did masaoka overcome makishima physically? is it even possible?
a great episode.

Makishima isn't that strong physically, just really clever and swift.
Mar 15, 2013 6:01 AM

Oct 2011
huntx said:
-Sybil fools Akane by unlocking the dominator, and shoots Kogami. That would be interesting.

That would be a very stupid move by Sybil. This would them lose much of the potential of Akane.

Even if they want to get rid of Kogami, they don't need to do this immediatly : let her paralyze him, then deal with it later.

And if the price to keep a brilliant investigator is to keep Kogami in a cell instead of have him dead, it's kinda cheap. And this even keep some means to motivate her later : "do a good job and things will be better for him".

At this point, Kogami life is about as valuable as Akane value as an inspector (less than Makishima life, but more than many other things). No way in hell Sybil can waste this, so if it's this, I'll be severly disapointed : destroying the logic of characters (here Sybil) to create cheap drama is no good writing (in my opinion)
Mar 15, 2013 6:11 AM

Dec 2008
MASAOKA!!!!! Oh gawd!!! I so did NOT want that to happen!!! Damn you, Makishima!!! I want him to die a horrible death now for grinning wickedly after Masaoka died.

I think Ginoza will be the one to kill Makishima.

Going into a corner to cry now...
Hannah_AnaMar 15, 2013 6:23 AM
Mar 15, 2013 7:11 AM

Sep 2011
Fuck....That was just T-T. Teared a bit during Masoka death.
Mar 15, 2013 7:45 AM
May 2012
Ginoza's ending would be:-

Son of a bitch, Makishima will never get away with this!!
JafriZinMar 15, 2013 7:59 AM
Mar 15, 2013 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
Tryss said:
huntx said:

That would be a very stupid move by Sybil. This would them lose much of the potential of Akane.

Even if they want to get rid of Kogami, they don't need to do this immediatly : let her paralyze him, then deal with it later.

And if the price to keep a brilliant investigator is to keep Kogami in a cell instead of have him dead, it's kinda cheap. And this even keep some means to motivate her later : "do a good job and things will be better for him".

At this point, Kogami life is about as valuable as Akane value as an inspector (less than Makishima life, but more than many other things). No way in hell Sybil can waste this, so if it's this, I'll be severly disapointed : destroying the logic of characters (here Sybil) to create cheap drama is no good writing (in my opinion)

I was thinking someone else shooting him.You are right, Sybil wouldn't risk that much until they get their hands on Makishima or even loosing Akane as valuable asset. That line of mine doesn't make any sense.
huntxMar 15, 2013 7:56 AM
Mar 15, 2013 7:53 AM
May 2012
Only 1 episode left!

Can Makishima Shogo be stopped?! Or will it be something more worst is gonna happen soon?
Mar 15, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2009
Mar 15, 2013 8:04 AM
Mar 2013
Makishima quoted the bible... Lmao
Mar 15, 2013 8:04 AM
May 2012
bakuramariks said:

I'll be damned IF this show is goin to be a bad ending just like what happened on the anime version of Chrono Crusade.
Mar 15, 2013 8:08 AM

Nov 2009
Ehehe, it's almost sure it'll have a bad ending xD.
I want more deaths and more tragedy, so i can look at the earlier episodes with big nostalgia and sadness xD.
Mar 15, 2013 8:08 AM
Jan 2011
RIP for the old man, and it looks like Gino got demoted by the girl.

1 more to go, so it looks like Kogami is willing to kill Makishima, so the question is, will Akane be force to kill Kogami since that would be a failure on her part, or will she be on time to apprehend Makishima alive and have Kogami shot with ( in stun mode) with the Dominator.... again"?
Mar 15, 2013 8:17 AM
Dec 2012
eminagnam said:
Masaoka should've thrown the bomb to Makishima.

lol at you that's his intention but bomb explode first
Mar 15, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2009
Still don't know what I want to happen!
We all know that there are injustices in the system, so it wouldn't be right if we just killed Makishima and let that be that. His goals are admirable and understandable and I kinda want them to succeed.
They said that Kougami was trying to destroy Japan, I think what he's trying to do is more like saving it. A little chaos during a transition to a better system is a small price to pay. I hoped Akane and Kougami would come to realise that at some point.

Viva la Revolution.
curiouser and curiouser :)
Mar 15, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2012
bakuramariks said:
Ehehe, it's almost sure it'll have a bad ending xD.
From what I understand about Urobuchi, according to the interviews he has been giving since he wrote Madoka, I better the most likely ending is a bittersweet ending - a sort-of happy ending (for the bigger world/society) but achieved by sacrifice for certain individuals - instead of a straight good or bad ending.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 15, 2013 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
Amazing episode.
Mar 15, 2013 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
All i can say is that something has broken in Ginoza,I believe that after him saying to Akane not to end up like Kogami all the time, it'll be him that becomes a latent criminal under her, if this face is anything to go by.
Mar 15, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2011
Fuck Makishima that bastard killed Masaoka. I can't wait until he gets killed.
Mar 15, 2013 9:41 AM

Jan 2011
Holy shit this made me cry, I really liked Masaoka. It's really sad to see him go. How come people cry because of the Little Busters! arc about Nishizono but not at something like that. This had impact and was done wonderfully, props to the director and script writer, seriously.
Only one more episode to go, I can't wait for the last episode.
Instant 10/10 because it made me cry, and even if I didn't cry it would've gotten 9/10 or 10/10 depending on the final episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 15, 2013 10:12 AM

Jan 2011
Oh noooo pops! Can't wait for the finale this has been a crazy show and I've really enjoyed it.
[center]
Mar 15, 2013 10:22 AM

Aug 2011
Oh shit, Gen UroBUTCHER strikes again, I had a feeling someone were to die this episode and I was really hoping it wasn't Masaoke, but guess what? Ofcourse it is him who bites the dust in this episode. I was really sad to see him die and Gino's face expression pretty much says it all on what he has lost. Kougami must be really pissed now after he killed Masaoke. Makishima needs to die, and should not be entered into the Sibyl system, his death should be so explicit that people will grin at it. Fucking douché...

The final showdown is about to start, knife vs knife fight. I couldn't get more hyped and I hope the show pulls it off perfectly! This show has been really great so far and I would nothing else than a perfect ending for it too. Though I am a bit optimistic for a possibility of a 2nd season, but that entirely depends on how the next and final episode ends.

This should have been the ending for this episode.

Mar 15, 2013 10:24 AM

May 2012
I really like when Shougo is fighting.. His moves when fighting are animated pretty good and nice to watch. And that smile in his face! Hehe.
Mar 15, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Kratos_Ortega said:
Frustrated Japanese fan drawing doujin about his preferred ending for the episode? Great!! Now I get my catharsis too!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 15, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
Kratos_Ortega said:
Frustrated Japanese fan drawing doujin about his preferred ending for the episode? Great!! Now I get my catharsis too!

Lol, though the next week's episode is be really deceive whether there will be more of those or not. XD
Mar 15, 2013 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
-michira- said:
DAT FACE

Damn you Urobutcher! T_T
Mar 15, 2013 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
Oh my god I never would have expected myself to cry as much as I did. I really liked Masaoka and the way he went to Ginoza. And for probably the first time Ginoza showed just an impact and even called him dad. This probably could be the last thing that'll make him a latent criminal.
It really hit me and this has been amazing to watch from the beginning not just this episode. and I'm not too sure on how they'll end due to the system.
Mar 15, 2013 11:13 AM
Sep 2012
eminagnam said:

thats exactly what he tried to do, but he was just a bit too late.
Mar 15, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2012
I teared up during the father son scene. So damn sad.

Last episode next week! Nooo.

Kaminogi said:
xtremexx said:
eminagnam said:

thats exactly what he tried to do, but he was just a bit too late.

Yep, he should rather have kicked it

That's what I thought too!
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

287 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

351 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2013

293 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

331 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.