Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2012
I don't see how the emotional scenes were forced(other than Sorata) in this series because I've seen stuff like this happen to people before and is relatable. They're not working for their dreams and hobbies for fun, they want to make a living/careers out what their doing and failing makes them question themselves like if they wasted time and could of done something else, especially with the characters who invested years into their field.

The only person that I think overreacts(a little) is Sorata because he's only spent a few months on being a developer and got tons of people to work with him and help him and he's acting like he spent his entire life on it. While characters like Rita spent years training, and Ayoama left her family without any financial support from them and supported her self and her training in her field for a two years as a teenager.
Characters like Jin had already gotten used to failures and he decided to push himself harder.

Well I kind of understand Sorata at the end though because he's starting to feel like how Rita felt years ago. Mashiro doesn't mean to, but when someone gets something taken away from someone else on something they've been working on, they can't help but feel belittled.

I would have to agree with the dramatic facial expressions, that was way overdone.
penguindrum264Mar 4, 2013 7:52 PM
Mar 4, 2013 7:48 PM

Oct 2011
BeyondDestiny said:

Can you not understand what that'd feel like? Are there not any perfectionists or high achievers here that can't relate to this? Wouldn't here be a moment when you'd scream to the world for such injustice?

^This right here and sad to say that I fit into this group as well :'(
Mar 4, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2011
Naxrrhid said:
-MgZ_ said:
bastek66 said:
Goddamit, another week bitching about Sorata.
Mar 4, 2013 8:01 PM

Jun 2012
Amazing episode, emotions everywhere! How saddening.., I feel much sorrow for all of them..
No!@the ending. Don't leave..

Mar 4, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2011
Sorata's the best, seriously.
Mar 4, 2013 8:09 PM

Apr 2009
It would have made this episode way more interesting if when he looked out the window and saw Aoyama by the tree she had actually committed suicide, and was hanging there dead.
Mar 4, 2013 8:12 PM
Sep 2012
So much drama in this episode. I felt sorry for Aoyama, but at least she's finally honest with everything. Sorata didn't make it either and Shiina left for the good of the group.

LOL @ Chihiro-sensei catching the 2 of them in the nurse's office.
Mar 4, 2013 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
Naxrrhid said:
-MgZ_ said:
bastek66 said:
Goddamit, another week bitching about Sorata.
Mar 4, 2013 8:21 PM
May 2009
shuffleair said:
I actually really liked this episode and it actually deals with problems that people in the real world face.

Personally Aoyama is my favorite character so her rain scene especially was touching imo. Even if it was forced. And hey, I like Aoyama's VA just cause she's new and this is only her second role it fits with her character kind of.

And I need the soundtrack to this show just for the Days of Dash piano version.

Same here. I liked the emotions that went into her accented voice. I liked how Sorata and Nanami could relate to each other in their first major failures. This probably makes Mashiro feel lonely. She is cursed with overwhelming talent, which makes it hard for her to function normally or relate to others well. This anime is something you can relate to if you've ever had something created from ambition.

Effort doesn't necessarily pay off. Average people remain average. It's something I experienced first hand. I'm glad there's an anime plot that isn't resolved quickly through willpower, friendship and all that good stuff. This is real.

The lesson seems to be not that you should give up, but that you will face adversity no matter what, but the struggle will be worthwhile and you can always try again because damn it--you're alive.
the1337fleetMar 4, 2013 8:31 PM
Mar 4, 2013 8:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Spooty said:
It would have made this episode way more interesting if when he looked out the window and saw Aoyama by the tree she had actually committed suicide, and was hanging there dead.

This made me laugh.... not.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 4, 2013 8:23 PM
Oct 2010
hurthades said:
well lets just say this episode marks a down fall for the series. I had such high hopes for this show. They should just re-name this show " The People who cant handle failure!" All they do is whine and blame other people for doing better then them. When i see people who can draw. Im not like " FUCK DAMMIT LIFE IS UNFAIR". Im just like wow that's cool. I dont know i just want this to end so i can see if this was a wast of time or if they pull off the ending...

they are only 16-17 so yea.

liked how it went from happy go lucky first half to fuck this goddamn anime world where the writers make me fail. good shit imo. ep felt so short
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 4, 2013 8:43 PM
Jul 2012
If you didn't make it, it's because you didn't work enough, the only thing that hard work can't compensate talent is singing and voice work, because your voice will always be bad no matter how hard you work.
Mar 4, 2013 9:03 PM

Nov 2011
More and more complains. People will never get tired of doing that.

I for one doesn't think its a bad episode. I sure hell know what it feel like trying so hard and yet fail miserably. Being overshadow by someone with grater talent is annoying as well.

Mar 4, 2013 9:37 PM

Nov 2008
I couldn't feel sorry for Aoyama at all, I don't know if the scene was just not done well, but nothing from me sorry.

Now the ending scene did piss me off, due to Soratas reaction. It seems that every time something goes wrong, he wants to blame Mashiro for been born a genius. That's how life is, some have to work harder than others, and some are born with innate talent. Just suck it up and keep working hard, and stop taking it out on others.

At the end there I just wanted him to say it was Mashiro's fault, since that's obviously what he was thinking, but of course had no guts to say it. She had to say it for him.

Also these last few episode better be Mashiro centered cause I feel like she hasn't showed up in this show as much as she should have.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 4, 2013 9:38 PM

Jan 2013
I loved this episode. Especially the animation of Aoyama crying in the raining.

It's not looking like the odds are good that Sorata will kiss Shiina.
Mar 4, 2013 9:51 PM

Dec 2011
My feels. I don't even...all the feels. Damn you, Okada Mari!!

More impressions, thoughts, and a massive amounts of screenshots at randomc.net: http://randomc.net/2013/03/04/sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-21/
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Mar 4, 2013 9:56 PM

Feb 2013
very emotional, looks like the show could end on a bad note...but i'm sure it won't
Mar 4, 2013 10:27 PM

Oct 2012
SephiriAzure said:

Now the ending scene did piss me off, due to Soratas reaction. It seems that every time something goes wrong, he wants to blame Mashiro for been born a genius. That's how life is, some have to work harder than others, and some are born with innate talent. Just suck it up and keep working hard, and stop taking it out on others.

At the end there I just wanted him to say it was Mashiro's fault, since that's obviously what he was thinking, but of course had no guts to say it. She had to say it for him.
i don't think that's what he was upset about. I think he was more upset at the fact that life is unfair, and that sometimes it can't be changed, no matter how hard you worked. I think he was more angry at life itself, rather than mashiro. Just like what Fujisawa said, "sometimes your future is already set, no matter how hard you work." I think kanda has basically lost hope. Shiina probably mistook it as her being at fault, but I felt kanda's face at the end looks like he's saying "that's not what I meant...."
Mar 4, 2013 10:43 PM
Nov 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
"that's not what I meant...."

"What am I saying, of course that's what I meant."

I don't like him at all.
Mar 4, 2013 10:52 PM

Oct 2012
Mumble200 said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
"that's not what I meant...."

"What am I saying, of course that's what I meant."

I don't like him at all.
So because you don't like him means he always has to attack mashiro?
Mar 4, 2013 11:12 PM

Feb 2012
Yes, let us all take out our anger on Mashiro! Everything is obviously her fault!
Mar 4, 2013 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
Sorata what an idiot

Mar 4, 2013 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
I have to pause this show every fucking minute.
Mar 4, 2013 11:37 PM

May 2008
Poor Sorata after getting so depressed he still have to pretend to be okay to help Aoyama . He does seem to be losing his cool alot more as the episodes go by . Ahhh growing up is such a pain.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 4, 2013 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
Yvese said:
Past few eps have been such a chore to watch.

I liked the first half of the show, but now it's just the same old shit with Sorata and Aoyami failing. I mean come on, we've been through that already for most of this show. People fail and there will always be people better than you. Deal with it.

Feels like they're forcing this drama. It's really unfortunate since the first half was enjoyable.

How i feel about this show in a nutshell.
Mar 4, 2013 11:57 PM

Feb 2013
I liked it.

I'd discuss it more, but what's the point. Everyone formed their opinions long before the episode even aired.
Mar 5, 2013 12:36 AM

May 2011
What was with the animation in Aoyama's breakdown? It was kind of funny.
Mar 5, 2013 1:16 AM

Mar 2008
Oh come on! Just how unlucky can these guys still get? :(
Mar 5, 2013 1:38 AM

May 2012
Glad that Mashiro told that in Sorata's face in the end.. all he do is whine.
Mar 5, 2013 1:39 AM

Jan 2010
now i see the solution of this situation...
Mashiron will make a world class painting now and then, and everythings solved....:D

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Mar 5, 2013 2:06 AM
Dec 2012
Man, Sorata really have a Really Screwed Luck after watching this Episode
Mar 5, 2013 3:53 AM

Sep 2011
Dat ending. Not gonna lie, if I would have gotten that letter....I would have went off the deep end too.Thats like a kick in the head after a KO, Lol.
Mar 5, 2013 4:17 AM

Oct 2012
I got shivers! Real life is not fair and this episode was closest to it the show can get.

And what's with the need of good ending? Am I the only one who doesn't need it?

I like Mashiro but I have to say that this show ending partly badly would be refreshing and different in the genre. That's how the life goes. Mashiro finally pursuing her career, Aoyama starting dating with Sorata, Ryuunosuke working as freelance, Jin and Misaki moving away..

Everything have to end sometimes. But despite that they would be left with good memories noone could take from them.
Mar 5, 2013 4:19 AM

Jun 2009
Damn Sorata and his anger issues. When will he fucking learn? It's not like this is the first time he failed, I thought he finally learned in the previous incident. Guess not.
Mar 5, 2013 4:21 AM

May 2009
Mich666 said:
Aoyama starting dating with Sorata

Mar 5, 2013 4:26 AM
Dec 2012
BeyondDestiny said:
I'm simply going to be egoistic and go with the assumption that people aren't capable of relating as well in this episode as they've had been relating in the past episodes. You have that + tragic events / endings = people raging because they can't stand what happened. Not everything has to be happy in order to be satisfying. Sakurasou's been a ride throughout the concept of success and failure, and ultimately, how you can really handle it.

Sure, Nanami had a stronger personality back in the previous episodes, but could you yourself really bottle it in after having "wasted 2 years"? You put 2 entire years of your life into something, have one opportunity to see whether you'll succeed or be forced to move on, and fail that. Can you not understand what that'd feel like? Are there not any perfectionists or high achievers here that can't relate to this? Wouldn't here be a moment when you'd scream to the world for such injustice?

Then you've got Sorata who people have been raging at for his 'whiny' comments towards Mashiro. Sure, he should've progressed and developed as a protagonist throughout the series, but you have to understand the overall theme of the anime is its success, hardship and realism. What can you do when you've got this pain bundled up together? Nearly everybody here would beat up something else to put themselves at ease. Bull on whoever says otherwise. Again, this leads to me to my final point - the realism of the story. You aren't going to grow from one situation. Standing up and facing something head on doesn't entitle you the ability to consistently do so for future situations. This especially applies if these situations bring greater despair than what you've handled up until this point. The realism in Sakurasou is what makes the series fantastic. It doesn't hesitate to kill off (or in this situation, make characters disappear / leave) or pit characters into dire situations. It shows that humans don't progress as easily as they 'should'. Again, I'm not calling this episode spectacular. I'm simply saying that it was in fact, a good episode that addressed something you lot aren't capable of emotionally handling. Heavily struggling before finally attaining success / failing is something beautiful that you lot should attempt before resorting to posting trash comments on the forums.

the only useful comment
Mar 5, 2013 4:31 AM

Nov 2012
I can't fucking pick one of them! I am rooting for both!
We all pretty much know who Sorata will probably end up will. In most anime series I have watched where there were two or more girls competing for the MC's feelings, I always had a favorite girl to pick, even by a small margin. And even when I liked two or more girls almost equally, I would easily assign "roles" to them.

For example, in To Love-Ru Darkness, I had zero doubts in my mind that Kotegawa Yui was my favorite waifu material for Yuki and that Momo was my favorite for the "mistress" kind of role.
Shimada Minami was always my favorite between herself and Himeji in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu.
There is NO way in hell that I wouldn't pick Sena over Yozora in Haganai.
Inaba was always miles ahead of Nagase in my mind in Kokoro Connect.

But here, it's probably the first time that I can't pick between the girls. The down to earth, thoughtful, cute girl next door Nanami against, well... Mashiro! And it's not about who I think deserves or not to be with Sorata. Actually, it's not even about Sorata. It's about who I would like to be happy with the one they have chosen (in this case Sorata).

I know I will be happy with either ending (well, Mashiro ending is inc with 99% probability). In this case, it would be OUTSTANDING if they followed the Clannad way of Kyou and Tomoyo chapter, where they would give us an alternate ending with Nanami!

So yeah, now that I spoke my mind you are free to go back to bitching about how this episode failed and it had forced drama and that Sorata sucks.. /irony off :P
Mar 5, 2013 4:47 AM
Jul 2011
Be glad they didn't ruin the mood with the ending song again. And apparently barely any of you can relate with Sorata.
Mar 5, 2013 4:56 AM

Mar 2012
it actually makes me laugh that Sorata is so pissed and acting like a little kid for failing a SECOND time..... yeah SECOND, that's hardly enough to make someone deserve anything and he actually thinks what he's done so far can be counted as hard work. From what i know he's only recently got into game design and unlike the other "normal person" Nanami hasn't spent years chasing after one thing, even "naturally talented" Mashiro has spent years of her life dedicated to drawing so it's only natural that she get so much consideration.

He needs to grow up and realize it takes real effort and hard work to get what you want and until then you just gotta keep taking the blows with your head held high.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Mar 5, 2013 5:03 AM
Jan 2010
Don't know what half of you are talking about. Episode was fucking great. The drama was amazing.
Mar 5, 2013 5:25 AM

Oct 2012
Shattix123 said:
BeyondDestiny said:
I'm simply going to be egoistic and go with the assumption that people aren't capable of relating as well in this episode as they've had been relating in the past episodes. You have that + tragic events / endings = people raging because they can't stand what happened. Not everything has to be happy in order to be satisfying. Sakurasou's been a ride throughout the concept of success and failure, and ultimately, how you can really handle it.

Sure, Nanami had a stronger personality back in the previous episodes, but could you yourself really bottle it in after having "wasted 2 years"? You put 2 entire years of your life into something, have one opportunity to see whether you'll succeed or be forced to move on, and fail that. Can you not understand what that'd feel like? Are there not any perfectionists or high achievers here that can't relate to this? Wouldn't here be a moment when you'd scream to the world for such injustice?

Then you've got Sorata who people have been raging at for his 'whiny' comments towards Mashiro. Sure, he should've progressed and developed as a protagonist throughout the series, but you have to understand the overall theme of the anime is its success, hardship and realism. What can you do when you've got this pain bundled up together? Nearly everybody here would beat up something else to put themselves at ease. Bull on whoever says otherwise. Again, this leads to me to my final point - the realism of the story. You aren't going to grow from one situation. Standing up and facing something head on doesn't entitle you the ability to consistently do so for future situations. This especially applies if these situations bring greater despair than what you've handled up until this point. The realism in Sakurasou is what makes the series fantastic. It doesn't hesitate to kill off (or in this situation, make characters disappear / leave) or pit characters into dire situations. It shows that humans don't progress as easily as they 'should'. Again, I'm not calling this episode spectacular. I'm simply saying that it was in fact, a good episode that addressed something you lot aren't capable of emotionally handling. Heavily struggling before finally attaining success / failing is something beautiful that you lot should attempt before resorting to posting trash comments on the forums.

the only useful comment

+1 from me. This post really sums up almost all my thoughts.
Mar 5, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
ImmortalCount said:
Mashiro has spent years of her life dedicated to drawing so it's only natural that she get so much consideration.

Not only has she spent years dedicated to her art... it was all she knew. She immerses herself into her art to the point she can not function in the world without help. Sorata shouldn't compare himself with her. There will never be any happiness with her if he does.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 5, 2013 5:49 AM
Apr 2012
Mich666 said:
Shattix123 said:
BeyondDestiny said:

the only useful comment

+1 from me. This post really sums up almost all my thoughts.

I'm going to keep this going as some people clearly don't understand what's going on and/or can't relate at all. +1
Mar 5, 2013 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
Ouch, a depressing episode this week. I can relate all too well to what Sakurasou is trying to say this episode, especially since I'm currently worried about what I will do about my own future.

Reality is harsh and many here don't seem to understand that (in fact, many here are almost laughable). Yes, Sorata's anger issues are a bit over the top when it comes to failure, but this episode is not one of them. Not at all.

Now I just wish Sorata and Aoyama would get together. They're perfect for each other.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 5, 2013 6:31 AM

Aug 2010
Holy...what the everloving hell was that? This has to be the most horrible melodramatic episode I've sat through recently. What a trainwreck. 1/5.

Ps: I want to see Sorata impaled...
Mar 5, 2013 6:35 AM

May 2009
Marow said:
Now I just wish Sorata and Aoyama would get together. They're perfect for each other.

Two biggest shits in whole anime.
Mar 5, 2013 6:42 AM

Dec 2009
bastek66 said:
Marow said:

Two biggest shits in whole anime.

You're a funny one.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 5, 2013 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
Good episode.
Aoyama crying was a matter of time no matter how strong she is keeping those feelings to herself so long is nearly impossible she needed to talk with someone about her frustrations at some point which finally happened.
And luckily Ryuunosuke told Sorata that things where not alright since Sorata didn't seem to understand Aoyama's feelings when he left to nursery.
But thanks to Ryuunosuke he listened to Aoyama's frustrations and Aoyama was able to calm down her feelings a bit.

Aoyama keeps most of her feelings to herself she also blames herself if something goes wrong but Sorata reacts his feelings more towards other and doesn't keep things to himself when he is angry.
Something that's seen several times in this anime especially towards Mashiro because she seems to achieve her goals so easily.
Some of you are angry at him for this but it's something that happens a lot in everyday life many people blame others for there shortcomings especially if it's something the others are better at then themselves or if the others obtained something they themselves could not.
There aren't many people out there that take the blame themselves.

In this case however Sorata's feelings are understandable his game was better in almost each and every way it's literally was taken over by a inferior game.
Which makes the feelings on Sorata even worse and then they also tried to scout Mashiro on top of that making him feel that they just used him till they got what they needed.
A very dirty tactic.
Let's be honest we would all be angry if we get screwed over by those kind of tactics.
Mar 5, 2013 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
So...Sorata basically lost because of Hatsune Miku Project Diva...? XD
Mar 5, 2013 6:57 AM

May 2009
Shadowfax14 said:
In this case, it would be OUTSTANDING if they followed the Clannad way of Kyou and Tomoyo chapter, where they would give us an alternate ending with Nanami!

Clannad is VN and has routes. Light novels don't have routes, they have progressing story.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.