Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 2, 2013 3:26 AM

May 2010
What the....
Mar 2, 2013 4:07 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, that confrontation with Aika was tense. She was the mage of exodus all along!

Mar 2, 2013 6:14 AM
Nov 2010
Good. And now to wait for her death.

Btw, logic dictates that she will die, but since she's the mage of exodus wouldn't that mean the she isn't bound by any logic and can still be save even she "died"?

Also seeing how the mage of exodus's powers seem to work, then Hakaze might have an incredibly difficult time fighting her.
Z-flameMar 2, 2013 6:17 AM
Mar 2, 2013 7:21 AM

Jan 2011
So it will be girlfriend vs want-to-be-girlfriend after all, I wonder his all of this turns out.
But fuck me, I clicked one of the spoilers on Aika's character page so I kinda know what'll happen next. Fuck that I wished I never clicked that button!

Now I wonder if this is what happens next:

That could be interesting, but I don't think that is the type of show to do that kinda thing..
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 2, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
^ That bad end is actually quite boring, if you ask me.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 7:32 AM

Apr 2012
Hahahahahaha, I just knew it... It was too obvious.

I love this show too much, I basically jumped out of my seat when my predictions came true "OH SHIT, SO SHE GOT ON THE ROOF WITH HAKAZE, WELL FUCK!".

I would have never thought her sword will be longer than Cloud's though, it's kind of sad that both the guys had to go through so much suffering because she opted to suicide to presumably save the world (at least in my opinion, is what she'll do).

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 2, 2013 8:03 AM

Aug 2012
This is bad. Haven't read the manga (at all), I've got a bad feeling that Hakaze's soul 'is in murdered Aika while Aika will be with Yoshino in the future using Hakaze's body because, you know, Hakaze would sacrifice herself for her love to be happy.

No, I hope my prediction is wrong. It's sad and just wrong. And the tree identities are still a mystery. Damn, no bittersweet ending, please. Be safe Hakaze, I've got plan to make you a favorite character of mine in my MAL account.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Mar 2, 2013 8:24 AM
Feb 2013

CAT FIGHT!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2013 10:21 AM
Feb 2009
hmm.... aika is the mage of exodus, so hakaze kill her? this doesnt make any sense...
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 2, 2013 10:23 AM
Nov 2010
RazorRamona200 said:

CAT FIGHT!!!!!!
please live, Hakaze. ;___;
Mar 2, 2013 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
this sh*t just got serious bro, its goin down now all the way, aika with the big ass sword they gon fight
The Right To Use My Friend As A Weapon. That Is The Sinful Crown I Shall Adorn

Mar 2, 2013 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
I spoiled myself, so I pretty much know what's gonna happen. =P It's kind of an asspull, if you ask me.

Nevertheless, pretty good.
Mar 2, 2013 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
meepsheep said:
I spoiled myself, so I pretty much know what's gonna happen. =P It's kind of an asspull, if you ask me.
Asspull? the only way i can imagine this being a asspull is if aika never died

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 2, 2013 8:06 PM

Nov 2007
I always knew Aika is the Zetsuen no Mahoutsukai. All that is left to know why she is killed
and how everything ends up being a happy ending like Tempest.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 3, 2013 1:36 AM
Dec 2012
I don't think the killer can be Yoshino. Remember the cut scenes before where he pretty much passes out in shock when he hears the news of Aika's passing from Mashiro. This means Yoshino would have had to kill her, then lose his memory or something which seems too outlandish to me.. but then again.. this show is all about surprises.

That leaves two possibilities, Aika killed herself, or Hazake kills her.

orrrr option three, Aika kills Hazake and uses her crazy zetsuen magic to make her appear like herself then travels back to the future using her idol and takes over the world because she has accomplished her goal as the mage of zetsuen and slaughters everyone in a horrible bloodbath

EDIT: Does anyone find it odd that Hazake was saying all that stuff outloud to herself? She's not being accompanied by anyone so you're telling me she just happened to spill all the beans to Aika because shes thinking out loud????
scholar42Mar 3, 2013 1:39 AM
Mar 3, 2013 5:00 AM
Jul 2010
scholar42 said:
Does anyone find it odd that Hazake was saying all that stuff outloud to herself? She's not being accompanied by anyone so you're telling me she just happened to spill all the beans to Aika because shes thinking out loud????
Didn't cross my mind because I like to sort out my thoughts out loud whenever I think I'm alone too. Specially if I'm nervous. I thought it was pretty normal.
Mar 3, 2013 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
Whoa, shit just got real.
Mar 3, 2013 6:58 AM
Dec 2012
Dusk252 said:
scholar42 said:
Does anyone find it odd that Hazake was saying all that stuff outloud to herself? She's not being accompanied by anyone so you're telling me she just happened to spill all the beans to Aika because shes thinking out loud????
Didn't cross my mind because I like to sort out my thoughts out loud whenever I think I'm alone too. Specially if I'm nervous. I thought it was pretty normal.

I know its normal to do it, I do it myself. Even as I type this I'm saying some of it outloud, it just bothers me a little that a huge plot development occurs just because of a slip of the tongue, this is the same kind of thing that bothers me as Lelouch's accidental command on euphie

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't like it when big plot twists are directly caused by tiny little things, but I suppose you could call it the butterfly effect or whatever.
Mar 3, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
and how everything ends up being a happy ending like Tempest.
I'll need to see that to believe it, pretty much anything else that says it will have a happy ending is usually lying

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 3, 2013 7:00 AM

Oct 2012
Really the whole reason of this series is actually the archenemy what ? but guess less logic more fun right ? can't wait for the next episode tough...
Mar 3, 2013 10:15 AM

May 2012
oh shit things getting serious...
Clash of mages :3
Mar 3, 2013 10:19 AM

Jan 2012
I haven't been watching the anime anymore,waiting for it to finish but I'm curious about one tyhing,do they follow the manga up to this point or are they going the filler route?
Mar 3, 2013 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
renders said:
I haven't been watching the anime anymore,waiting for it to finish but I'm curious about one tyhing,do they follow the manga up to this point or are they going the filler route?
its been doing the same thing since the start, follow the manga's key points but using anime only scene to piece them together, aka its cutting the bullshit

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 3, 2013 1:08 PM

Nov 2012
seriously it did not even come to my mind that Aika was the wizard of exodus. This anime is back, it was loosing its potential and now I cannot wait to see next episode ;)
Mar 3, 2013 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
renders said:
its been doing the same thing since the start, follow the manga's key points but using anime only scene to piece them together, aka its cutting the bullshit

considering the manga it's ending in april you think the anime will follow the manga till the end?
Mar 3, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2011
renders said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
renders said:

considering the manga it's ending in april you think the anime will follow the manga till the end?
They will have no problem whatsoever reaching the ending if they keep it at the rate their going, Theres only 44 chaps of the manga including the final one and the anime is on chap 38 now and at the rate of the preivous episodes they manage to clear multiple chapters in 1 episode by using anime only scenes to get to key points quicker

Worst case scenario i see is A: ending could be rushed or B: it will be wrapped up in a movie ending, i highly doubt they could do a anime only ending at this point

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 3, 2013 2:29 PM
Jul 2011
Dat sword! O_O

Looks like the next episode is gonna be awesome! :D
Mar 3, 2013 3:00 PM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
renders said:

The manga must be worse then. Imagine these episodes 13 to 19 taking over 20 chapters.
Mar 3, 2013 3:19 PM
Oct 2011
Litrydow said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
renders said:

The manga must be worse then. Imagine these episodes 13 to 19 taking over 20 chapters.

I personally like the manga better, maybe because I've read it first, but that's just me.

I don't think the anime is doing a bad adaptation, they just add alot of anime scenes and alot of the scenes from the manga aren't in order in the manga. Like ex. the first couple episodes had a scene from chapter 32.

And there's alot of things from the anime that wasn't in the manga like the childhood explanation with Yoshino and Mahiro. Most of episode 16 was also only in the anime, especially the whole Yoshino-Hakaze shrine/hug thing never happened in the manga, they play up their scenes exaggeratedly in the animes too.
Mar 3, 2013 7:48 PM

Aug 2012
I thought of the possibility of aiki being the mage of ex, but I like to keep an open mind, I love the surprise!!! its part of the fun.

but the way the sprung it into action was very well done

all in all- great episode 5/5 , the next one is going to be a BIG one!
Mar 3, 2013 11:39 PM

Jan 2012
wasdfgasludfhasuidgvaiulwefhauksdvhaud

Now Hakaze will definitely need to kill aika isn't she? @@

but,, this ... uggh,, this huge *i kinda feel that this episode gave a huge jump*... yeah >.>

for some reason i always remember Lili Rochefort of tekken when i see Aika lol! xD
Mar 4, 2013 5:35 AM

Feb 2013
I've never thought that things will came out like this. Like others said: the best is left for next ep.
Mar 4, 2013 6:34 AM

Sep 2011
gdp740 said:
Now Hakaze will definitely need to kill aika isn't she? @@
I really hope not, but i really cant see any other possibility other than aika kills herself, which seems unlikely now.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 4, 2013 8:23 AM
Apr 2011
Sugoi.....
Fuwa Aika with Big Sword.... Gakoi.....
Fuwa Aika, i'am glad to see her again, she is so cool and kawai..., Kudere... ^_^
Mar 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Apr 2010
Totally unexpected turn of events, that's what makes this anime good, seriously one of the greatest and most interesting shows that I have seen in a while

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 4, 2013 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
I knew it! They kept making me question myself with all those hints to other people, but in the end she really was the Mage of Exodus.... Well, damn.
Mar 4, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2011
Holy hell, what is with that massive sword? I mean, I didn't expect that cliffhanger so it really shocked me. Great ep, Hakaze returning to the island brings back memories.
Mar 4, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2009
Dat twist! I don't know how some of you predicted that. I was not expecting Fuwa Aika to be the Mage of Exodus at all. The moment when Fuwa Aika suddenly appears on the roof I was like

Mar 4, 2013 8:29 PM

Feb 2013
I was literally shaking when I saw Aika on the rooftop. That was some crazy reveals right there. I can see this anime going very far. 10/10

I only wish more people watch it and experience this masterpiece!
JTricksMar 4, 2013 8:35 PM
Mar 5, 2013 1:57 AM

Dec 2012
OMFG CAN WE JUST TAKE A SEC TO ADMIRE AIKA'S BIG ASS SWORD
LIKE THAT CAME FROM A STICK GUISE.

Also, I knew Aika knew some stuff about magic, I actually thought she was like an oracle or psychic for awhile. Until she somehow appeared on the rooftop.

BUT TO BE THE ACTUAL MAGE. OMG
They sure got me.
ASDFGHJKL
Mar 5, 2013 5:03 AM

Apr 2012
-Jinsei- said:
Dat twist! I don't know how some of you predicted that. I was not expecting Fuwa Aika to be the Mage of Exodus at all. The moment when Fuwa Aika suddenly appears on the roof I was like

Because if they would have went the "Yoshino has a split personality" or "Yoshino is hiding everything from Hakaze" it would have been really bad... Really, really bad.

Also, Aika always had answers, to everything... Yoshino killing her was totally out of place, Mahiro could NEVER be the Mage of Exodus, and our little punk that calls himself "the mage of exodus" is a total idiot.

Who remains? Aika... Aika will kill herself in the next episode, I did not read the manga, but I'm CERTAIN, and it'll be to save the world.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Mar 5, 2013 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
this episode BLEW MY MIND

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 5, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
-Jinsei- said:

You're not alone, I also didn't expect that. Although I just guessed that she's the Mage of Exodus the moment she appeared on the roof like that, I knew something fishy is going on.

Anyways, it was a great episode. I can't wait to see what happens next.

My Youtube page: link
Mar 5, 2013 1:20 PM

May 2012
Well damn. Didn't see that coming at all. The moment Aika appeared on the roof I was like "well fuck she's the mage of exodus"
Mar 5, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
That's one big ass sword!!!

Other than that, I can't say that Aika being the Mage of Exodus was all that surprising. I mean, there'd have to be a serious reason for her death to stir up so much trouble in the future.
Mar 5, 2013 7:03 PM

Jul 2010
Hakaze is starting to annoy me to be honest.I dont know why but i always prefered Aika and shes getting better and better with each episode.So yeah, im happy to see her now, and shes Mage of Exodus as well! (obvious but still) i still don't think Hakaze will kill her though.I dont think anyone killed her, which i know is weird.
Anyway, cant wait to see next episode.Preview says Hakaze vs Aika :D
Mar 6, 2013 1:15 AM
Mar 2013
Finding out about Akia didnt really surprise me much. But i have to say that sword she had was awesome. I kind of saw her being the mage of exodus. I also have a pretty good feeling that Akia is going to kill herself.
Mar 6, 2013 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
Now the question is how did Aika died, if she's a strong mage, she either killed herself, or Hakaze snapped all her shit up.
Mar 6, 2013 10:35 PM

May 2010
Woow, Shocker. O_O;

Can't wait for the new episode !!!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 7, 2013 4:16 AM

Aug 2011
SHIT JUST GOT REAL! <3 5/5
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.