Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2013 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
There is one question I have: Why did the chief look damaged, dress torn and part of the flesh gone to expose the machine beneath? She even got blood on her dress and body. Who did she fight to reach the door of the chamber?

Choe shot her.
Feb 8, 2013 4:53 AM

Aug 2011
Great episode. So the first episode was a foreshadow to this eh.

Well now that Shougo Makishima has finally been caught...and even alive. I have still a bad feeling that he can pull the strings behind the bars. He is just one badass criminal bastard, he can do more...and even more crueler way than the one time he killed Akane's friend.

When it comes to the end of the episode.... ;_; Kagari. I was literally on my feet when I saw that bitch robot fire her Dominator at him... overdriven as well. Damn you, Gen Urobutcher!
Feb 8, 2013 5:06 AM

Dec 2011
Kagariiiiiiii :-(
Feb 8, 2013 5:21 AM

Feb 2012
It was a great episode.
Feb 8, 2013 5:25 AM

Jan 2011
dorothy3242 said:
Guys..
what if the room of the Sybil system was..
empty?

Or what if there's a black hole in that room?
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Feb 8, 2013 5:30 AM

Dec 2011
Did anyone realized it yet???
The chief inspector is the Sybilae sistem it self.
Her brain, and her vision of the world is what controls the sistem....

OMG... what's gonna happen now??
Feb 8, 2013 5:34 AM

Feb 2011
great episode, lots of well used suspense

the chief being the one to have controll over the system was hinted, also in the opening...
but her being partially(or totally) a bot, i didn't expected that
i'm thinking too the sibyl room was empty, and the real core is the chief (the hacker said they don't even need to destroy it, cause there is nothing to be destroyed)

the moment kagari went alone down to the basement it was to be expected he would have died, but it's still a bit sad seeing it happen

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 8, 2013 5:40 AM

Nov 2009
Oh my gosh! That was so good. My heart's still beating really hard.
I'm going to be wishing the week away now.

Great stuffs!
curiouser and curiouser :)
Feb 8, 2013 6:01 AM

Jul 2012
Really, this must be one of the best, if not the best, anime episodes i've ever seen !!
Feb 8, 2013 6:11 AM

Dec 2008
Well this may not fit here but
Feb 8, 2013 6:29 AM

Jan 2012
tysonultima said:

Ah....

Still... If chief didnt want anyone to see Sybil's core.... Then whos gonna clean up all those guts and blood stains left by chau en kagari.... Thats gonna rot after a while.
Feb 8, 2013 6:30 AM

Dec 2011
hmm still thinkin what inside the core @_@

Feb 8, 2013 6:31 AM

Feb 2011
Holy calamary, this episode was amazing!
The atmosphere totally got me. From the moment Kogami charged in alone, fought Makishima, Tsunemori fighting with herself and the conclusion in the basement.

But common, finally Kagari gets the screen time I was always hoping for and then this happens?
Please don't let him be dead. Either way, I hate that granny even more now. Can't wait for her to get "killed".

5/5
Feb 8, 2013 6:33 AM

Jul 2010
Kagari is dead... as expected of Urobuchi, I guess.

Great revelations this time. The Chief is probably a puppet of Sibyl; and as a puppet, she it has to protect the secrets of the Sibyl system's core (which is...)

a) It's empty (if it is, how does the "Sibyl system" work?)
b) It's operated by humans (making it imperfect and questionable)
c) It's operated by A HUMAN (he/she's confined inside the core or something)

This episode made me see Sibyl as an antagonist, and it will probably be destroyed in the end of this series, looking at its somewhat optimistic pace compared to what Urobuchi usually does.

P.S. I could have enjoyed the fistfight much more if the art was directed much better, because in some moments they seemed to punch like gay men... :P
BigbuffoonFeb 8, 2013 6:38 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 8, 2013 6:34 AM
Feb 2013
hiabara said:
Sherry0315 said:
hiabara said:
i probably say this every week, but this show is getting better and better. seriously.

finally kagari had some screen time, yay! and i loved that he said he hates sibyl. i didn't expected that tbh. and now i really want to know more about him. especially if he has some specific reasons to hate sibyl.

i also loved the fighting in that episode, especially when kougami and makishima were fighting. awesome moves. i need more of that.

but the ending, omg. they can't kill off kagari! no. he's such a cutie. and yes, i realized that it said "non-lethal paralyzer", but then it also switched. i just really hope he won't die.

Well Kagari get arrested and separated from normal citizen since he was 5 y'os, there's no way you wont hate a system who took away your freedom right? ._.

ah, right! i know there was something. in episode 2 he was talking about it. thanks for reminding me :)

Welcome xD
Feb 8, 2013 6:36 AM

Oct 2008
From the first time I heard that the system must have a really advanced throughput, I was pretty sure that they are using latent criminals (or other human beings) for the simulation and calculation of the crime coefficient. It makes sense that the human brain can be scanned and simulated by another brain if it's possible to actually do a crime.

Anyway the episode was quite epic.
Feb 8, 2013 6:40 AM
Dec 2011
One of very few times I really wanted the bad guys to win.
Feb 8, 2013 7:03 AM
Sep 2012
Loved this episode. I really liked the fight between Ko and Makishima. A pure fistfight.It doesn't get any better than this.
Feb 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
Moe won in the end.
Akane <3
Feb 8, 2013 7:12 AM

May 2010
Wow it's been a while since I watched an anime where I really really enjoy and impressed by it !!

So Makishima is I assume captured and all his henchmen and partner is dead but I think that granny(who is a robot?) is a baddie just need to find out what exactly isthe true form of Sibly system !!
Feb 8, 2013 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
ZappaBappa said:
tysonultima said:

Ah....

Still... If chief didnt want anyone to see Sybil's core.... Then whos gonna clean up all those guts and blood stains left by chau en kagari.... Thats gonna rot after a while.

Again "decomposer" mode. Eliminator mode was used on choe because he is already considered a criminal. However, Kagari was considered a good guy so I assume that decomposer mode literally just makes them disappear.
Feb 8, 2013 7:30 AM

Oct 2007
It looks like old lady overwrote Sybil's decision (Paralyzer) and switched the Dominator to Decomposer mode with her own authority. It would explain oddly working voice.
ProgeuszFeb 8, 2013 7:33 AM
Feb 8, 2013 7:30 AM
Feb 2012
Holy fuck what an episode. And what a cliffhanger! Damn it, I want to see the Sibyl System's core...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 8, 2013 7:38 AM

Jun 2010
OMG. ( We are finally linked to episode 1 :O )

So not only is this episode epic, it is MAJORLY Epic. 23 minutes passed by so fast I felt cheated by time. Seriously that fight between Kougami and Mikishima was just pure awesomeness and taking in consideration that kougami was wounded he fought pretty well but man Mikishima can truly bring it on.

I am impressed by Akane, wasn't expecting she would do something like that. I thought she would be as useless as almost every main character tends to be.

Kagariiiiiiiii >___< He can't be dead, he just can't be! He grew too much on me. I knew that chief lady would be bad, so obvious, but to be an android :O
~ If you try to steal my thunder, then you'll have to deal with my cookie and marshmallow filled rainbow ~
Feb 8, 2013 8:11 AM
Nov 2010
Damn, that twink could fight.

Amazing episode, especially the fight <3 I just hope Kagari is not dead ;^;
Feb 8, 2013 8:37 AM
May 2012
SON OF A BITCH! That bitch was actually an Android!!! That fucking old hag just killed Kagari!!!

narutogirl94 said:
Kagariiiiiiiii >___< He can't be dead, he just can't be! He grew too much on me. I knew that chief lady would be bad, so obvious, but to be an android :O

He's already dead, my friend! The dominator just went out-of-control!

tysonultima said:
ZappaBappa said:
tysonultima said:

Ah....

Again "decomposer" mode. Eliminator mode was used on choe because he is already considered a criminal. However, Kagari was considered a good guy so I assume that decomposer mode literally just makes them disappear.

Fuck it! let's just be patient till next week to see what happens next! I FEEL SOMETHING WORSE IS GOIN TO HAPPEN NEXT WEEK! But At least that Dick Choe du seong is finally dead & Makishima got arrested!
JafriZinFeb 8, 2013 8:43 AM
Feb 8, 2013 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
I think that Makishima Shogo is definitely the Sibyl chief's son, and she placed some complex system to make sure that Sibyl would never judge her son, favouritsm... but of course it all went horribly wrong.
Feb 8, 2013 8:42 AM

Aug 2008
T_________________________________________________________T
Feb 8, 2013 8:51 AM
Aug 2011
Humans are being controlled like livestock by fucking machines. What else is that other than a dystopoia.

RIP Kagari. You got Urobutcher'd

Finally, anyone who doesn't support Makishima now is just retarded.

5/5
Feb 8, 2013 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
They killed my favourite character after making him a hero. They made Shinya roflstomp Ko. They made Akane overcome her hatred. This show just keeps getting better.
5/5, this show is a 10/10.
Watching:
Shinsekai Yori, Robotics;Notes, Psycho-Pass, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Sasami-san@Gambaranai
Feb 8, 2013 8:55 AM
May 2012
Kurini said:
T_________________________________________________________T

I know how you feel, my friend. Bad things can happen throughout the episode & I believe I sense bad ending on this one.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Humans are being controlled like livestock by fucking machines. What else is that other than a dystopoia.

RIP Kagari. You got Urobutcher'd

I can't believed it's totally NOT expected to me. The city has been run by machines!! What's gonna happen next? Masaoka could be an android then!
Feb 8, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2008
Now, now, don't kill Kagari off just like this. He didn't have his special episode yet. Although if it will be the next one, then who knows...
Feb 8, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2012
@ClawViper7 - They made it pretty clear that she was an android, I'm not sure how she could be Shogo's mother. Otherwise it would be a pretty cool idea. It seems as if some people are just better with the hues, Akane's hue is quite resilient so perhaps it's just that.

It's a shame about kagari he was a really likable character and I'm really glad he didn't defect, even if he did end up being killed. I wouldn't hold out hope that he's alive, the dominator wasn't malfunctioning, AndroidChief was hacking it so that it would be set to kill rather than stun.

@seishi-sama - His death was pretty heavily implied, perhaps they'll have some kind of story of how he got there along with something relevent to either the other characters or the plot.

Akane was surprisingly awesome there, I thought that she'd go for the kill. Does anyone think that she'll end up falling and killing by the end of the series? She's almost killed Shogo twice, it seems like they're leading up to a rather grandiose fall from grace in terms of her morality. In any case, great episode, I think I'll watch the whole series over when it reaches the end.
JacobGrey93May 4, 2013 11:02 AM
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Feb 8, 2013 9:09 AM

Sep 2008
JacobGrey93 said:

@seishi-sama - His death was pretty heavily implied, perhaps they'll have some kind of story of how he got there along with something relevent to either the other characters or the plot.

That's the point. Implied. You believe Urobuchi would give such obvious and cheesy hints? Nah, I'm sure he could do better than that.
Feb 8, 2013 9:11 AM

Jun 2012
So if kougami realised the helmet on akane wouldn't work earlier then she wouldn't have the helmet. Which means she'd have nothing to bash makishima with, kougami thinking ahead ;)
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 8, 2013 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
Celondor said:
Death_Acolyte said:
Kagari isn't dead. Before he got shot the dominator mode said " non-lethal paralyzer. So it's like kagari may end up temporarily paralyzed like Shinya was during episode 2.

Uhm, you noticed that it said "non-lethal paralyzer" BEFORE it switched to the well-known lethal-elemintor form, did you?

Since it's written by Urobutcher, he's PRETTY MUCH screwed. Guess Yayoi will be next.

Okay, I get it now. I was confused about that too. But I still have hope that he might still be alive...
lol @ the word Urobutcher!
Feb 8, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
JacobGrey93 said:
@ClawViper7 - They made it pretty clear that she was an android, I'm not sure how she could be Shogo's mother. Otherwise it would be a pretty cool idea. It seems as if some people are just better with the hues, Akane's hue is quite resilient so perhaps it's just that.

It's a shame about kagari he was a really likable character and I'm really glad he didn't defect, even if he did end up being killed. I wouldn't hold out hope that he's alive, the dominator wasn't malfunctioning, AndroidChief was hacking it so that it wouls be set to kill rather than stun.

Akane was surprisingly awesome there, I thought that she'd go for the kill. Does anyone think that she'll end up falling and killing by the end of the series? She's almost killed Shogo twice, it seems like they're leading up to a rather grandois fall from grace in terms of her morality. In any case, great episode, I think I'll watch the whole series over when it reaches the end.

Next episode had better not be kagari back story, i think i would cry, i have to know what happens next >.<
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 8, 2013 9:43 AM
Nov 2012
I think the Sibyl System must be people like Makishima (with clean Crime Coefficient) preserved in a container and connected to a supercomputer. Makishima must've escaped some time in the past. That's why the cyborg chief calls him Shogo-kun, 'cause she's the supervisor of the system and is familiar with him. And that's why Makishima mustn't be killed so he can be retrieved and put back into the machine. He must've created the helmets from his thorough knowledge of how the system works.

And later in the last six episodes, Makishima might be killed by someone so they need to find a replacement and they choose Akane because her psycho-pass is generally clean, and the series might end like that: her being put into the machine and everyone else dies - Urobuchi style.
That's why she was wearing that swimsuit (???) in the first opening; it's what she wears while being preserved.

'Cause from the looks of things, this series and the concept it explores are very difficult to be brought to a happy and complete conclusion, and anything supernatural would undermine the whole series. The sibyl system might be flawed (what isn't?) but it might bring the greatest happiness humans could achieve as a collective society, so this ending might not be called a completely 'tragic' ending, despite Akane's and her colleague's sacrifices.

Also, i think a good story is one where there are no definite antagonists or protagonists.

Just my thoughts, though.
Feb 8, 2013 9:53 AM
May 2012
I wonder how Touma Kouzaburo related to Akane. Maybe he had a same (I don't know) as hers?
Feb 8, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2010
This might be turn to something like The Matrix, machines controlling humans.....

Anyway an Epic episode..... 5/5
Feb 8, 2013 9:56 AM
May 2012
What IF that Makishima is apparently an android then?! Possibly real him & that chief was already dead & it's replaced by it's machines! Talk about Game Changer!

seishi-sama said:
Now, now, don't kill Kagari off just like this. He didn't have his special episode yet. Although if it will be the next one, then who knows...

Possibly an another flashback episode just like Yayoi? who knows?
JafriZinFeb 8, 2013 10:28 AM
Feb 8, 2013 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
Amen! Kagari well said! I only hope he din't died, but deep down I know that he's totally screwed.

I wonder how many of you was cheering Akana to kill him! kill him! KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!

I pretty much have an idea what the sibyl system is made off; like a bunch of or babies or little kids.
Feb 8, 2013 10:54 AM

Dec 2008
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!

The episode goes back to where it all begins and then we discover that Jousei Kasei is actually a cyborg. Damn! Is she the Sibyl System? Like the motherboard, perhaps?

Akane needs to stop being so damn nice. Makashima killed her friend right in front of her eyes, mercilessly, for no good reason. I definitely wouldn't have a problem bashing his skull to pieces. Why does she? I have a feeling that real soon she's going to wish she would have taken Ko's advice and killed the sexy, deranged, bastard.

And Kagari... *weeping* The Dominator clearly said "Non-Lethal Paralysis" but turned into something that looked more lethal than what eliminated Guseong. My heart wants to believe that he's still alive, but my head is telling me there's no chance. They're still keeping us in suspense about what Sibyl really is. My imagination is running wild.

Totally didn't expect Kagari to be the first Enforcer to bite the dust. I was wanting expecting it to be Ginzo for obvious reasons.

Me thinks granny will be going on an Enforcer killing spree. Yeah, after this revelation, I can totally see her doing something like that.
Feb 8, 2013 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
Villetta_Nu said:
Akane needs to stop being so damn nice. Makashima killed her friend right in front of her eyes, mercilessly, for no good reason. I definitely wouldn't have a problem bashing his skull to pieces.

First - So, is it justifiable if he killed Yuki for a good reason?
Second - You wouldn't mind turning into the same beast as well?

You just proved one thing: reasons separate good from evil.
Feb 8, 2013 11:27 AM

Dec 2008
I think that someone will add 2+2 and check Kagari's hue (I think it should be stored in some database) because dominator scanned him moments before being hacked by twisted android. Someone will notice that his hue was not cloudy enough to turn dominator to lethal elimination mode, but even though he was destroyed to pieces. At least I hope so.
Feb 8, 2013 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:

I wonder how many of you was cheering Akana to kill him! kill him! KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!

I did. I was so enrage when that piece of crap hurt already injured Ko (not exactly a fair fight) and then was gonna slice him off like a garbage un-worthy human. Some people may love him because he sounds like a tragic anti-hero but for me, he is just a psychopathic criminal stepping on other people like they are weeds. Even though I knew it's in Akane character for not killing the guy, I was hoping for a kick to the face instead. Even that did not happen :(

MaxCrazy7 said:
I pretty much have an idea what the sibyl system is made off; like a bunch of or babies or little kids.

I am thinking a massive number of human brains. Here are several reasons for my idea:
_The Sibyl system has to something so outrageous that just seeing a picture of it bring the end for its existence. A robot, or an alien would not do since that's what people of the country would expected, something supernatural. However, if the people see that they are just controlled by normal people like them, there is no way they will accept that.
_Guseong mentioned Sibyl computing power is greater then anything humanity has produced up to this point. Human's brain is a likely candidate since we are only using a tiny fraction of our brain capability. Thus it is not impossible Sibyl used human brains as its processor
_I was wondering for a long time how Sibyl recognizes human criminal tendency by using the simple brain scan. Would it be that scientists have already mapped our brain like they did our DNA, and understood what we are thinking based on the scans? What if it is using living samples of criminal brains? What if people developed Sibyl by gathering all the possible criminals and all the possible crime motives in one place, then use them as samples for the system to detect criminal intents? The reason Touma and Makishia can fool the system is because their situations have not been registered in Sibyl's sample bank yet. The Chief did mention that Touma will help "improve" the system maybe alluring to this fact.
Feb 8, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was amazing, seriously.
Seeing Kagari and Guseong die was just really sad, they both were very likable characters.
It seems that the "woman" in control is the real bitch in this show, she needs to die and quick.
I'm looking forward to more of this, very interesting stuff.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 8, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
Ok, that was insane.So many things happened, and NO...WHY KAGARI >_> fu Uro.
Anyway, what will happen now?! what was there, what will happen to psycho-epic-Makishima? just give me already next episode.

6/5 best episode so far IMO.
Feb 8, 2013 12:38 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Kagari is gone :(
Damn this was a great episode, one of the best so far.
Feb 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2012
This episode surely kept me on my toes... This anime is really turning out amazing. Can't wait to see what happens next :D
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

287 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.