Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 20, 2008 9:00 PM

Jan 2008
Did anyone else catch the Ouran Host Club reference by Minorin at around 10:30??
i was really amused by it ^^;

"kurai yo, semai yo, kowai yo"
Dec 21, 2008 12:02 AM

Apr 2008
Good episode. It was really serious in a way, but I'm not quite sure what Kusheida's feelings are to Ryuuji's subtle confession... hopefully it'll continue to be as good next ep!
Dec 21, 2008 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Asuki said:
Did anyone else catch the Ouran Host Club reference by Minorin at around 10:30??
i was really amused by it ^^;

"kurai yo, semai yo, kowai yo"

Nice one but no I did not catch it, what was the part in the Ouran club that the reference comes from?
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 21, 2008 3:20 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode and nice turnaround! Liked the idea of the the target scaring the pranksters lol. So many moment in the episode when Ryuuji became closer to his friends, that summer would probably be very memorable for them at the least aha. With all the memorable moments between the main characters, I wonder what would happen next in the progression?
Dec 22, 2008 1:41 AM

Nov 2007
Hmmm was it me or did Taiga look slightly jealous when they were talking O_O? Ooh Ami makes her move on Takasu :3, interesting, a relatively enjoyable episode this time.
Dec 26, 2008 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
i am really liking minorin or ami for ryuuji now. taiga is like an awesome little sister to him but i don't want him to feel that way for her. tho it seems taiga is getting jealous of ryuuji whenever he gets closer to a girl.
Dec 30, 2008 12:59 PM

Mar 2008
Funny episode. It was quite obvious to tell Minorin did the tricks with Kitamura.
Apr 17, 2009 5:33 AM

Jun 2008
hahahha. they were fooled by kushieda... :p hmm... kushieda is really sharp..
May 18, 2009 2:28 AM

Aug 2008
I'm starting to like Kushieda... She's really nice when she's serious. I don't like Ami, why would Ryuuji be with her? I don't really like that pairing, I can't see the chemistry. D: Also, why he'd be lonely without her? o_o

Very well done episode, I didn't see it coming ^^

Jun 1, 2009 1:58 PM

Dec 2008
i had a feeling kushieda wasn't the type to get scared that easily. though she did fool me las ep.
Jun 10, 2009 3:52 PM
Jul 2008
Wow didn't expect Kushieda and Kitamura scaring Taiga and Ryuji instead.
Jun 12, 2009 1:39 PM

Mar 2008
I'm really liking this series so far, with the mix of both comedy, drama, and character development. Kushieda and Kitamura really work together! They both have enthusiastic, energic personalities. Anyways, it seems that we have more potential romance popping up. I think Ami is attracted to Ryuuji because he accepted her even with her two-sided personality that she had to adopt when in the modeling business and all. I don't really know which pairings I like the best, although I still predict that we'll have a RyuujixTaiga ending since they're the two leads, but I'm hoping the writers surprise us either by putting a plot twist in their relationship or by going a different way entirely pairing-wise.
Sep 2, 2009 5:03 PM

Aug 2009
Ooooooh. The real culprit was Minori and the guy with glasses!{Sorry, forgot his name.:( )
Oct 21, 2009 5:06 PM

May 2008
I figured it had to be that.
Though I had a theory it was all Ami.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 9, 2009 6:33 PM

May 2009
Well this episode was fine with me... nothing more. There were funny parts which I enjoyed... Well as soon as I heard scream I knew it that that group was up to something. I thought they explained Taiga situation, but it appears she was clueless... ^^
Maybe I didn't like this episode because it wasn't about Ryuuji and Taiga getting closer, but Ryuuji and Minori. Their connection is getting deeper... I hope that Taiga and Ryuuji will be together in the end. *I can't even imagine them kissing, KYA!* O//////O
Jan 23, 2010 10:09 AM

Nov 2009
Pretty good episode, Looks like taiga and ryuuji ended up being the ones scared. Ashame cause i wanted their plan to work lol but i guess ruuji did end up getting closer to minorin in the end anyway
Feb 23, 2010 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
I think this ep is quite good, a surprising twist in which Minorin isn't afraid of ghosts plus I like how there's a hidden meaning behind the ghost (love) conversation.

damn Toradora is making it hard for me to decide my fav girl.
Mar 12, 2010 6:20 PM

Mar 2010
Scary Traps for Minorin
Jul 5, 2010 4:55 AM

Mar 2009
Ryuuji planned to scare Minori but it became the other way round. Ami's right though; they're not suitable for each other.
Sep 2, 2010 5:35 AM

Dec 2009
Ha! Minorin pwned them with horror xD !
Sep 5, 2010 9:59 PM

May 2010
This is starting to look like a harem. All the girls like Ryuuji in some way, shape or form.
Nov 17, 2010 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
As expected.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 15, 2011 6:51 AM

Sep 2008
kisami said:
well the sun and moon analogy was pretty nice, but the moon shines the most when the sun's around haha. or something like that.

I thought that was the analogy Ami was going to give, but obviously it wouldn't have fit in that context/wouldn't have fit with what she was trying to say... Either way, I agree. The moon supposedly can only shine because the Sun exists. :\ Something like that, yeah.

Anyway, I feel so naive, haha. XD I didn't expect Minori to actually be someone who likes horror... but I get the logic - or rather, the "reverse" logic.

I really enjoyed the episode~! It felt like there was a good amount of both character and relationship development... I'm looking forward to seeing more of Minori. :D
Mar 7, 2011 2:56 AM

Aug 2010
ukonkivi said:
I figured it had to be that.
Though I had a theory it was all Ami.

Yeah, thought it was Ami all along but I figured it would of been too much of a hassle for her to go through all of that.
Mar 21, 2011 10:10 AM

Feb 2011
hunter has been hunted
i never expect that will happen
May 7, 2011 3:35 PM

May 2011
This trip you really start to see things set into motion.

Minorin has her chance and blows it completely. Every time things got serious with Ryuuji she starts talking batshit nonesense about UFOs and Ghosts.

Ami gets the situation half right. But she doesn't realize it's Taiga, not her, that's the equal. Though i would have respected the pairing since Ami is pretty intelligent and on the ball.

This trip you start to see Taiga's shifting her mental focus away from Kitamara and towards Ryuuji.
Jun 4, 2011 5:09 PM

Aug 2010
Cirris said:

Minorin has her chance and blows it completely. Every time things got serious with Ryuuji she starts talking batshit nonesense about UFOs and Ghosts.

Lol'ed at this...

you may have not realized the real meaning behind Minori's words at the end they practically declared to each other as to when Minori said to Ryuuji she wanted to show him ghosts and Ryuuji said the same thing so that = "i wanted to show you that i like you"
Oct 30, 2011 6:13 PM

May 2011
I like Minori more as the comedy relief. If she becomes the main girl, it's going to be boring for me.

Taiga is the most realistic choice here. She has her ups and downs but she always comes through in the end.

Ami is PERFECT! But it might just turn into a H show then, LoL. Also, she's mine. No "Sketchy, One Touchy" for Ryuuji. ^^

Fun episode overall. Not the best, but decent.
Dec 19, 2011 5:46 PM

Dec 2007
I really liked the drama in this episode. I knew it was either Ami or Minori that was doing the prank.
Dec 19, 2011 10:13 PM

May 2011
badbluesplayer said:
Cirris said:

Lol'ed at this...

you may have not realized the real meaning behind Minori's words at the end they practically declared to each other as to when Minori said to Ryuuji she wanted to show him ghosts and Ryuuji said the same thing so that = "i wanted to show you that i like you"

I'm well aware. I generally can't stand over-the-top cryptic dialogue. Also, most anime male protagonists, like Ryuuji, do the usual "huh?! nani?!?" response that type of dialogue anyways. So it's rather pointless.
Jul 31, 2012 8:00 PM

Jan 2009
I just happen to really like Ami.
Alot of you hate her for being a btchy type.
But I have a whole different view on that.
I do think Ami has a good heart, and just does not want ryuuji to end up with minorin cause they won't be able to hold a relationship. As said with the moon/sun conv.

I really hope to see a really intense ryuuji/ami scene but I guess that will never happen.
Aug 18, 2012 5:18 PM

Oct 2011
Ami is my favorite character in the anime
Aug 21, 2012 11:19 AM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Lol at Ami swimsuit. jiggle. Weird that first Ami was annoying. But all of a sudden she becomes friends with them. Starting to like her. If they were a couple then i think wouldn't be right.
Cave part was predictable.
4/5
Nov 16, 2012 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
This love triangle/quartet has become interesting. Im kind of wondering if Kitamaru likes Minori. Ami's character has become more interesting so im hoping she opens herslf up more to Ryuuji
Apr 13, 2013 9:00 PM

Jan 2013
I'll say it again...wouldn't mind to see Takasu x Ami :D
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 7, 2013 7:18 PM

Oct 2010
Ami is shown to be a rather complex character in this episode. Slightly prefer her now. Minorin I just find annoying, however.
Jun 20, 2013 2:10 AM

Sep 2011
Kind of a boring episode :/
Jun 21, 2013 6:48 PM

May 2013
i think ami really loves ryuji
Aug 12, 2013 6:15 PM

May 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Ami is obviously in love with Ryuji btw xin09. I also believe she want's him more because he's something that seems unattainable because she can't just make him fawn over her with her usual tricks that work on everyone else.
Sep 15, 2013 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
Ami is smart, knows what's really going on, that despite that Taiga & Ryuuji help each other to chase after their crushes they love each other, Ami say'd that she is suited for him more, but before that when she say'd same thing with out finishing the sentence she wanted to say Taiga is more suited for him, later she just changed her mind about what shes gonna say to him, Ami mite like Ryuuji yes, but its possible that shes hitting on Ryuuji cause she wants to teases Taiga, to make her jealous

Taiga x Ryuuji :)
Dec 14, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
I was really expecting Ami to be behind the scare prank. Minori really never catch a clue xD It looked like Taiga was jalous :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 17, 2013 3:48 AM
Aug 2013
Its kinda weird the whole dialogue with Minorin and Ryuuji about ghosts and such and by that i mean the whole choice to use it as a double meaning.

I'm still kind of confused on it, at first I thought, after reading comments it was basically being said that Minorin wants love, doesn't believe it if she sees it, but still will chase after it...

Or if its supposed to be related to Ryuuji, she wants the love, but doesn't believe Ryuuji actually is in love with her (as she believes his heart lies elsewhere), but she still hopes for it.

And Ryuuji basically saying he will prove it.

.... Or something like that Idk... Anime... Y U SO CRYPTIC?

On another note, personally I am not much of a fan of Taiga, and I was thinking of dropping this anime because Taiga reminded me way too much of Louise in Zero no Tsukaima, heck, its even the same voice actor, and I really did not like that character at all and the anime.

But, I decided to continue to watch it, and thankfully, many traits I did not like in Louise, which are present in Taiga, are at least toned down considerably in Toradora, and the voice acting isn't quite as annoying either when she does Taiga.

Thanks to this, I've been able to slowly enjoy Toradora more as time goes on.

I don't think Minorin would be a fit for Ryuuji, either Ami or Taiga. Though at this point I am not 100% certain if Ami and Ryuuji would last or if it would only be a fling or one time thing or whatever with Ami, as shes probably more interested in Ryuuji only because her tricks she uses on many other men don't work on him, so she might get bored after. But I guess I would have to see how her character develops and such in the show.
Dec 17, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
i am at 9 episodes hahaha
i come back soon for note :p
Dec 22, 2013 8:53 PM

Dec 2012
Ryuji's housewife tendencies are so qt. I would wife that so hard.
Dec 25, 2013 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
how could taiga pass up on that special at the store!!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 11, 2014 4:53 AM

Dec 2013
Dunno what'll happen with this Anime, but I wouldn't feel bad if Ami ends up with Ryuuji, after all she's the one who seems to understand him more than the others. Just my opinion anyways, Taiga seems to be the obvious end here, but I expect bigger things from this show
Jan 27, 2014 10:29 PM

Feb 2011
Did the fire nation just attack? Because I feel like everything just changed a little.
Mar 28, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
I liked the episode :) but I'm glad I wasn't watching it at night lol. I really think that taiga and ryuuji should date because their relationship is growing and I think they would make a cute/ funny couple.
Mar 30, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
best eps so far.

might be because i prefer kawashita and minorin over taiga
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 19, 2014 5:29 AM
Jan 2012
This is becoming too harem-ish for my tastes. Still, nice episode, Minori wins again.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.