Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 3, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
twonline said:
1. Publicly humiliate someone
2. Tell your minions to rough up someone (doesn't matter if it nearly got him killed)
3. Apologize to them
4. Be BFFs with them and Join the CLUB
5. ???
6. PROFIT

2/5

I can understand why people might be upset that Kotoura forgave Moritani so easily. I think it makes sense. Kotoura blamed herself more for Manabe getting hurt than she blamed anyone else. Plus here is a girl who is used to be treated poorly.. She expects it. Having someone ask her for forgiveness was a new experience and meant a lot to her.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 3, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2009
This was such a weird episode to watch with the Hentai Ojiisan and the sudden sympathy between Moritani and Kotoura... I didn't take this show too serious to start with but I found this really weird hahaha. But oh well, I loved the scene with Manabe and the gramps interacting, that was so funny. I hope Kotoura confesses to Manabe fast, I really like the comedy but more serious romance would be great.
Feb 3, 2013 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
I'm a little bit mad after that episode.. This last scene with Manabe and Kotoura was getting romantic, and... There she is.. Moritani just destroyed it in best part. How can they just forgive Moritani so easily? Manabe was hospitalized, and they just forgive her like it was nothing.

Anyway, it was good episode. I laughed many times and there were some parts that touched me..
Feb 4, 2013 5:31 AM

Jun 2009
A lot of drama so far in this show. I've seen someone cry in every episode so far. The pacing is also quite fast, but that's inevitable I think, because this show only has 12 episodes. I wonder what content the remaining episodes have. I know that we can expect some episodes about the president Yuriko and her background story, but I have no idea what other content this show will have.

I also don't get why Kotoura forgave Moritani so fast. I understand that Moritani feels really sorry about her actions of jealousness, but she went a little too far by getting Manabe hospitalized. For the aura of the show it is better though that Kotoura forgave Moritani.

Btw horny grandpa creeped me out a little... o.0

I like this show so far, but I hope that we'll see more romance in the upcoming episodes. The comedy is great, but the main reason I watch this show is for the romance. So far this is the only decent romance show this season imo.
Feb 4, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know why there are so many people posting "DROPPED" stuffs. Well, i know what your basis are.

Hope to not seeing you here next week. Even glad that upcoming threads will be filled with happy posts!

KOSHI ~ KOSHI ~ KOSHI ~
Feb 4, 2013 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
Given how long this bit has gone on, its pretty clear most of us are vengeful bastards and Koroura is better than us lulz.
Feb 4, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
RedArmyShogun said:
Koroura is better than us lulz.
I like that.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 4, 2013 8:42 AM

Mar 2011
RedArmyShogun said:
Given how long this bit has gone on, its pretty clear most of us are vengeful bastards and Koroura is better than us lulz.

Kotoura is better than us because she CAN READ MINDS. I mean, that just puts her a step above everyone else in my opinion.
Feb 4, 2013 10:17 AM
Apr 2011
Yokata, Manabe is back...
Omg, ano ero jiji.... :XD
Feb 4, 2013 2:44 PM

Oct 2009
The plot looks like pulled out of ass.. its like watching another soap opera on tv.
I'll stay here for ero jiji and Manabe harassing Kotoura with their dirty minds.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 4, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Koroura is better than us lulz.
I like that.
Kotoura* my bad, typed this way early on in the day. Not a morning person.
Feb 4, 2013 10:36 PM

Apr 2012
Well the Moritani thing wrapped up rather predictably and a bit too conveniently for my tastes. But, I'm not terribly surprised it ended up that way since they wanted to move the rival character out of the "horrible bitch" category she was in and they only have 12 episodes to work with.

I did like Manabe's reactions to Moritani and her apology though. He was very believably pissed and disgusted with her - and also very surprised when she and Kotoura started to become friendly.
Feb 5, 2013 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
I thought it was a little lazy for the whole thing with Moritani to be solved with a simple sorry. Ah well, still this show looks like it's going up.
Feb 6, 2013 4:25 AM

Feb 2012
I never get tired of that OP theme song. Also I love the grandpa.
Feb 6, 2013 4:41 AM

Jun 2012
pervvy grandad defo brought this episode down for me, just creepy, didnt even air on the side of funny to be honest, why people liked him is kind of beyond me, meh each to their own?
Feb 6, 2013 9:37 AM

Jan 2011
This was way to cliché imo, she leaves for no real reason and is back 1 episode later. Where is the buildup? Where is the development? This feels way, way too forced. Comedy is nice though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 9, 2013 2:23 AM
Feb 2012
A cute episode, maybe even too cute given the previous one's ending. On the other hand, the ESP club didn't treat Kotoura's departure as something special and simply acted instead of grieving over it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 10, 2013 3:49 PM

Sep 2012
That Grandpa, wow. Japanese humor never cease to surprise me.
Feb 11, 2013 7:39 AM

Oct 2011
Creeper grandpa was a cheesy cop-out. Not even remotely funny.

I WANT TO LIKE THIS SHOW, STOP THE MADNESS.
BE FUNNY AGAIN.
Feb 11, 2013 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
I liked the first episode, but overall Kotoura-san seems mediocre. Bad drama is bad.
Feb 14, 2013 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
I love this anime <33
Feb 17, 2013 3:58 PM
Sep 2009
I would have preferred for Kotoura to get mad at Moritanni but considering all the shit she went through, I guess having someone actually apologizing is a surprise on its own. No wonder she accepted her.

Besides Kotoura can read minds so she knows ho sincere Moritanni is. For us those are just cheap tears, but for Kotoura who can read behind them they are something bigger.
Feb 17, 2013 7:27 PM

Feb 2010
WTF is up with that Grandpa.... ughh
Feb 21, 2013 8:24 PM

Jun 2011
... Moritani... She is in the preview, and it seems like she will be one of the main characters now... Argh!!@@ What should I do, since this felt like the last episode, maybe.. I should just drop it here? ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 6, 2013 7:35 AM

Oct 2012
Well, so much for the drama... the way the wrapped the things down was so rushed and average.

This episode was a bit let down I expected something better.

It seems this becomes comedy and ecchi anime now which is shame.
Apr 24, 2013 7:21 AM

Jan 2012
highschool students nowadays.. they can even hire an assassin xD

~~~

kotoura station ftw xD

looking forward for kotoura-spanking-session XD

Apr 27, 2013 11:51 PM

Sep 2011
Solkiskey said:
Somehow felt like a last epiode lol.

Was thinking the EXACT same thing. O_O
May 3, 2013 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
Just when the show is getting a little to serious - it turns to comedy ^^
Nov 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Apr 2011
his grandpa.. When he asked her to sit on his lap I was like, innocent??? Nope.. She did it anyways though, she's a perv!
Jan 6, 2014 12:27 AM

Jan 2013
"Crap, now i'm mad again..."

I don't know why, but when it got to that part I lost it lol xD
Jan 18, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
An apology fixed all of that. Yep.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 6, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2012
What a great episode! Really nice touch and that ending sure was lovely! Good to see she's back beside him!

Lol her grandpa xD
Mar 28, 2014 11:38 PM
Feb 2009
lmao she's getting a spanking
May 4, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2014
I couldn't stop laughing when they finally caught her. The spanking and the net haha!
Jun 10, 2014 4:39 PM

Apr 2014
Every episode I laugh and cry ^_^ Season could end at episode 4, i wouldn't even be mad

All the encounters are special, no matter how short they are.
Jun 11, 2014 5:48 PM

Jun 2012
This is so dumb. I already hate it when anime force sympathy for shitty tsunderes down our throats, trying to make us think these selfish, often violent people are good and deserving of romance over everyone else. But this takes it to another level completely. Moritani ruthlessly took advantage of a situation (the public fortune telling/her mind reading) to completely break Kotoura emotionally without anyone even knowing, then rubbed salt in the wounds with the puking shit. She gets called out on it, then proceeds to send a bunch of martial artists to beat up the guy she "likes". This is outright villain level bullshit.

I was pleasantly surprised by how Manabe reacted to her "apology", with absolute disgust like any rational person would. I mean even if she apologized sincerely he was under no moral obligation to accept all things considered, but she still acted like an entitled little shit towards him even after all that. Anyways that was nice at least because these MC's are usually the first to forgive shitty tsunderes in anime. But despite that the anime manages to fuck things up anyway, having the nerve to treat him as the villain (he said as much himself), before going on to forgive Moritani. Absolutely disgusting. I don't mind asshole characters, but they need to have their place. Moritani's place in this anime is the villain and subject of everyone's loathing, not a friend and certainly not a love interest. I guess I can take solace in the fact the latter won't realistically happen at least.
Sep 20, 2014 2:13 AM

Dec 2012
And then they look for her. That's friendship! I love that touching speech of Manabe :D

- barely alive -
Mar 25, 2015 7:13 AM

May 2008
aku27 said:
And then they look for her. That's friendship! I love that touching speech of Manabe :D

Yeah the touching speech of Manabe was really nice :3
Apr 24, 2015 8:52 PM

Jun 2013
Am I the only one who was disgusted by Kotoura's grandfather?
May 22, 2015 3:50 AM

Dec 2008
NANEE?! another lucky yet disgraceful man that does wanton things..BESIDES ME!! MY GRANDDAUGHTERS THINGHS AND BUTT ARE MINE! MINE!!!! LOL I smelled the ecchi offa her grandpa from ep 1...and I APPLAUD HIS GALL!! ROFLMFAO!!!
Jun 8, 2015 2:26 AM
May 2014
This went from sad to cute to flat-out fucking disturbing within 4 episodes. That's a new record.
Jul 26, 2015 1:53 AM
Mar 2008
The fact that the grandpa is coercing his own granddaughter to sit on his lap and then starts fantasizing about how attractive he finds her and THEN later brags about touching her butt is being staunchly defended on this forum is honestly just disturbing. No, the "he's just seeing how she reacts" line of thinking doesn't really fly, because who DOES that to a kid, especially one who he's raised since she was little? You do not sexually test your children, EVERRRRR.

According to some of you, because I don't think incest and molestation of a child you have guardianship over that humorous, there's something wrong with me. Nah, there's really not.

I liked the grandpa to begin with too, and I'm pretty sure this just ruined the entire show for me.

ffx01 said:
If you guys want to discuss how much you hate the show, start a "How much I hate kotoura-san" thread and get out of the discussion thread. I look forward to not seeing you here next week.

This is the episode discussion, not an exclusive fanclub. I'm sick of this attitude, people who dislike the show have EVERY right to comment here. These posts do not belong only to people who like it and never will.
Nov 14, 2015 3:31 PM
Nov 2015
The grandad is definitely inappropriately creepy, but I'm glad Kotoura's off back to school now.
Jan 5, 2016 6:46 PM
Aug 2012
symbv said:
<!--quote--><div class="quotetext"><strong>DraconisMarch said:</strong><!--quotesaid--><br>That grandpa thing was NOT okay. Not funny whatsoever. Just disgusting.<!--quote--></div>Grandpa is just being honest, perhaps in a way not accepted in the wider society. He is not quite an upright chap but his flaws are way overshadowed by his goodness, just like many characters in manga and anime, and like Manabe in this anime too. <br />

Ok it's like one thing to acknowledge your grandchild is sexually attractive, it's another thing to feel her ass and think about touching her body. Sexual assault =/= honesty.

Besides, we haven't even seen enough of grandpa at this point to have his flaws overshadowed by his "goodness." So far his presence is implied in flashbacks. I mean a lot of seemingly good people do really horrible stuff, but it's condoned because "they aren't really bad, just flawed." No. Doing bad things despite being likable doesn't make those actions ok, much less admirable. -100/10
Bad Time Grandpa
bebepapaJan 5, 2016 6:51 PM
Jun 9, 2017 3:42 PM

May 2015
Kotoura is actually lucky to have friends that actually bother to go so far just to look for her and care for her wellbeing. Well I think Hiyori sincerely apologized to Kotoura & Manabe. I’m letting bygones be bygones…
Jul 31, 2017 11:47 AM

Apr 2017
So she has Herbert the Pervert as a grandfather but nobody seems too shocked by it? Somebody should send his ass to jail...

I wish they had not forgiven that bitch so easily though.
Aug 13, 2017 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
That red head better change, seriously. Now that Yuriko Mifune better not overstep her bounds or she will be next on the hate list.
Oct 6, 2017 9:45 AM
Aug 2012
zodd0 said:
So she has Herbert the Pervert as a grandfather but nobody seems too shocked by it? Somebody should send his ass to jail...

I wish they had not forgiven that bitch so easily though.

Same I stopped watching because of him, tbh. I didn't want to watch a lighthearted series with predatory grandparents seen as just a quirky norm. Put that shit in a dif genre it was so ill fitting...
Dec 11, 2018 2:06 PM

Mar 2010
I thought that this show was just unremarkable before this episode, but the grandpa thing disgusted me so much that it tainted my opinion of this anime as a whole. Gross.
Apr 2, 2019 1:59 PM

May 2015
bugged me that they just forgived moritani for what she said. Even if it's anime if someone said to me what moritani said to kotoura it would take a hell of a lot of time for me to even think about forgiving them. Even more so if you ask people to beat up the boy you liked.. thats some twisted personality shit right there.
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

300 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

457 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

152 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.