Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 9, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
Man if Aika was a main character and had more screen time she would definitely be one of my favorites!

I'm also really liking the newly developed romance aspect of this anime! :D
Apr 18, 2013 6:49 PM

Oct 2011
Woa fuck, Hakaze's expressions were so damn cute xD Yoshino is so lucky in terms of women, though his first woman died ~.~
Apr 19, 2013 9:19 PM

May 2012
Wow, it's really starting to feel like this is turning into SAO. You know, where the first half was pretty good and the second half focuses too much on romance when that's not what you were watching the show for. Really hope I'm wrong and it picks up soon.

Granted, these characters are far more developed than those of SAO.
Apr 22, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty good ep 4/5
I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world..
Oct 10, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that sees me satisfied across the board. Plot that uses the same paths previously exploited to show again the feelings of Hakaze and finally close this arc. In most contexts it adds that much expected, or action and mystery. Intriguing! * _ *
Drawing, animations, colors and backdrops really beautiful. Comedy well placed!
This time, Evangeline does not dominate the scene! XD
Oct 23, 2013 8:22 AM

Nov 2009
. . . I might be hated for saying this, but honestly this series doesn't differ too much from Kaze no Stigma . . . I'm hoping there is more to it or else I'm at a loss as to why people claim it to be an extremely underrated or unheard of anime.
Nov 18, 2013 8:30 PM
May 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
. . . I might be hated for saying this, but honestly this series doesn't differ too much from Kaze no Stigma . . . I'm hoping there is more to it or else I'm at a loss as to why people claim it to be an extremely underrated or unheard of anime.

I have no idea how popular this series is, as I don't really look into that sort of thing, and anime isn't really my main hobby.

I can however tell you that as someone who hasn't gotten into anime all that much until this year that this is one of my favorites so far(Just finished watching episode 16) because I find the characters so compelling, and the plot twists are BEYOND entertaining!

Maybe it's because my lack of knowledge of anime makes it so I rarely see anything coming, but yeah, I just love this series so much right now!
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jan 13, 2014 10:29 PM
Apr 2011
The anime has lost some steam since episode 12, and thats all right. After a superb 12 episode, you can expect an anime to reel it back a bit. However, I do think it's about that time for the anime to get back to it's intensity. That's what made the anime so great. This episode was okay, and I still like Hakaze and enjoy her crush/love on Yoshino, but this needs to go somewhere. I'm hoping that they accelerate things in the next few episodes.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 25, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
I think it's kinda funny that they start over thinking and make up their own theory about Yoshino. I would be really surprised if he actually were one and knew about it all along since we could occasionally here his thoughts. Nevertheless I still think this could head towards the same direction as Darker than Black's ending.
Jan 30, 2014 11:43 PM

Mar 2012
Aika acts pretty slutty at times.
Mar 27, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
I loved this episode!Kaji's character actually did it huh? So Hanemura inherited the power of the Tempest,while Yoshino inherited its heartl? interesting. Hakaze is so adorable with all that moe >.< I think i can get used to this new formula
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
May 15, 2014 3:33 PM

Dec 2010
This is what happens when you add comedy to a great show.
May 19, 2014 3:08 AM

Jun 2011
xAvengerx said:
Aika acts pretty slutty at times.

Yeah, that's why I don't like her.

Sigh, episode was pretty bad honestly. Hakaze used her magic to save Yoshino and those grandmas were blushing, like.. serious? I am not interested in Yoshino/Hakaze's side of story now, and also Mahiro's side, if it wasn't for Mahiro, Hanemura, and a few other characters from their side, I wouldn't have cared at all. The use of quotes from Hamlet/Tempest stopped being good, it feels like they inserted them just for the sake of adding lines from those books.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 15, 2014 11:57 PM

Apr 2010
Love issues more like it. Hakaze is just so cute.
Jul 19, 2014 2:08 PM

Dec 2013
Lolo Hakaze, didn't expect that so early.
Also those grannys XDD
Jul 31, 2014 8:47 AM

May 2012
Great development I really like where this is going with the romance and what not! Let's see what's next though!
Sep 13, 2014 8:32 PM

Jul 2013
Let me say my theory on what's gonna happen in this show regarding the romance. Hakaze is in love with Yoshino but Yoshino is in love with Aika and even if she's already dead, considering Yoshino's personality, it's highly unlikely for him to fall for Hakaze. And we all know Mahiro has no love interest... yet. So in the end I think there will be no couple.

Also I'm disappointed on how drastic Hahaze's personality changed.. come on I like her better back then but now she's all just Yoshino. I didn't watch this for the romance and hell I didn't even know this has romance... fucking MAL use tags properly dammit.
Dec 31, 2014 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
I love this episode.
Megumu performed a public demonstration of his powers where he destroyed a huge branch of the Tree of Genesis before so many people.
Hakaze can't help but to use her magic to save Yoshino.
Tetsuma, Evangeline and Natsumura just watched from afar to see if Yoshino is really the mage of Exodus.
May 28, 2015 4:05 AM

May 2013
They keep suspecting Yoshino of being the Mage of Exodus but I really don't think he is at all. Although we've never really seen too much from his perspective. I'm thinking that it's Aika, that she prepared this stage and her death was the curtain's rise.

Aika has accepted her feelings! A step closer!
Jul 19, 2015 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm, I thought the spy rumor was to get Hakaze back to the village, but I guess there was an actual spy after all. Hakaze is slowly falling more and more for Yoshino. I wonder if the end of this series will turn out like the end of Hamlet or the end of The Tempest or maybe neither.
Oct 5, 2015 7:39 AM

Apr 2014
Okay, this isn't going anywhere. They seriously still think Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus? The Mage of Exodus is right in front of them. Too bad for their expectations, he's a gentle person. They're blinded by and basing everything off theories instead of evidence.

And would they stop insulting and using Hanemura so freely? He's a naive kid. A caterpillar. They should teach him about the world, explain things to him, mentor him in magic patiently. People grow stronger and think more critically as they learn and experience.

This anime's world reminds me of what I learned about Utopias in class.(They're scary, not perfect.) In a sense, it seems the Tree of Genesis has created an authoritarian utopia. Peaceful, but the antithesis of liberty.
Not to mention one created at the expense of a billion+ people. The Tree of Genesis has no regard for human life.

I want to see the extent that the Tree of Exodus would actually spread destruction, or if it is just considered destruction as in disrupting the Tree of Genesis' logic a.k.a rules and mind control. We don't really know much about it at this point. I still stand by my theory that it represents chance and autonomy, while the Tree of Genesis represents fate and order through control.

On top of that, how did the Tree of Genesis 'end all wars?' Did it make people complacent with their current economic and political situations? This anime is so vague it's frustrating. It's like the characters just accept everything and a serious, educated, and philosophical argument isn't being introduced at all.

Anyways, since I heard the rest of this season is an uncharismatic rom-com, the manga is probably a better place to go. No, scrap that, the manga has only been translated up to volume four and updates once every three months. I'm rage quitting.
DawningFogOct 5, 2015 4:18 PM
Nov 5, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2010
After the recap episode this anime became less interesting to me. Why hasn't Mahiro forced the identity of Aik's boyfriend out of Yoshino already? I hope this is the build up towards something epic. I almost feel like I'm forcing myself to watch this. My score went already from a 9 to an 8.
Nov 15, 2015 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
So they want more attention from the public for their created Exodus Mage. It seems Hanemura didn't really like that.^^

But why do they still think that Yoshino is the Exodus Mage? I don't get it.

Hakaze was priceless with all her reactions in this episode. And finally she showed her emotions to Yoshino. If Yoshino understand what that means? Go Hakaze!!!! :)

Feb 11, 2016 6:56 AM

Mar 2015
I love Rom/Com than serious.
Hakaze hugging Yoshino.

3/5
May 27, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
Will Hakaze end up with Yoshino....

The story is shifted after the first half...... I think It's mostly centered around them...
So like the protaganist yoshino kun is becoming more intersting as it seems
Jun 21, 2016 9:11 PM

Feb 2016
Hakaze's behavior has gone from op character to a blushing dull character with a lack of profoundness.

The hero costume was ridiculous. I'd like to know what meaning hamlet and the tempest will have to the show later on. It's also interesting what the girl in the black clothing was saying at the end of this episode.
cartoonartistJun 21, 2016 9:14 PM
Oct 22, 2016 2:33 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Hakaze I feel sorry for you girl, so cute, but I still have to ship Aika and Yoshino. I still dont believe she is dead.
PlaycoolOct 22, 2016 3:00 PM
Dec 16, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
Dam Hazake isnt hiding her feelings much anymore. I hope they really end up together.
Feb 21, 2019 5:36 PM

Aug 2017
More flashbacks between Aika and Yoshino.

Hanemura's public debut was hilarious. Finally, something funny from him.

I have a crazy theory:

It seems that the show insists that Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus but I do not think so.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 30, 2020 10:31 AM

Sep 2011
Now I'm seriously wondering if Hakaze's love will bear fruit. As long as Yoshino is still thinking about Aika, it feels like Hakaze is hopeless but who knows.

Mar 12, 2022 11:24 AM
Nov 2020
Aika identity is mysterious from beginning till now... it seems that protagonist and antagonist of this anime are tree of exodus and genesis, Hakaze is just a pawn...just pop up in my mind
Sep 14, 2022 8:32 PM

Nov 2010
F*ck man! Aika is so damn beautiful in that yukata! If I was Yoshino, I'd reach-in and check the theory myself, for science!

Hakaze being in love is so damn adorable! I'm torn on who to root for.
Nov 25, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2020
This love thingy has gotten weird. I don't dislike Hakaze but from the time we've seen her return from the island, it somehow feels like we've lost the vision. They make that dude a power ranger just to convince normal folks about the theory of mage of exodus, but then at the same time, they still do believe Yoshino is the mage of exodus... how and why???

Also did Mahiro forget that Yoshino promised him about revealing the true identity of Aika's boyfriend not too many episodes ago?
Dec 18, 2023 1:16 AM

Dec 2022
From my thinking pattern. I think Yoshino is the Third Mage as depicted in that snake pattern at last, 1 snake for Genesis, 1 for Exodus and 1 for whichever Yoshino is connected with
Apr 2, 5:20 PM

Dec 2022
Come to think of it, I think Hakaze was interested in Yoshino the instant she met him in person, just before the timeskip. Didn't take her long to fall in love at all, apparently.

The literary and philosophical quotes are getting out of hand, to the extent of reminding me of GitS: Innocence.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.