Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Maegil said:
After back-counting, excepting the indications with qualifiers, these are the current undisputed suggestions for inclusion on the relations list:
Durara - 1111
Black Rock Shooter - 1111
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - 11
Maria Holic - 11
Shoujo Sect - 11
Hidan no aria - 1
Lucky Star - 11
Fate/stay night - 1
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - 1
Fate/Zero (included for being parent to the above)
Strike Witches - 1
Special A - 11
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama - 1
Absolute Boyfriend - 1
Sono Hanabira - 1
Strawberry Panic - 1
Another - 1111

The following may have mentioned more than once for inclusion, but were disputed by others, thus requiring more discussion:
Death Note (presently in the enlightenment list)
Gankutsuou (presently in the enlightenment list)
Gintama (presently in the enlightenment list)
Monster(presently in the enlightenment list)
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
Highschool DxD
RahXephon

These have been suggested, but also claimed to be too unremarkable:
Ah! My Goddess
Moretsu Pirates
Aishiteruze Baby
Gantz
Sono Hanabira
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Feb 1, 2013 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Do we really need to put Strike Witches in the Anime Relations list?
Almost everyone knows that it's crap.
Feb 1, 2013 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
I don't believe Fate/Zero deserves to be added for its relation to Fate/ stay night. Also I vote for Durarara!!.
Feb 1, 2013 4:55 PM

Jun 2012
Neane1993 said:
Do we really need to put Strike Witches in the Anime Relations list?
Almost everyone knows that it's crap.

^ this
Feb 1, 2013 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
So what's the cut off point where we decide "ok this is going on the relations list"? The same for enlightenment.
Feb 1, 2013 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
MetaKlonoa said:
I don't believe Fate/Zero deserves to be added for its relation to Fate/ stay night.

I second this. Fate/Zero is by no means best anime evar, but it's not tired harem shit like fate stay/night.
Feb 2, 2013 2:53 AM

Jan 2008
Maegil said:
Another - 1111

+9000
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Feb 2, 2013 3:02 AM

Oct 2012
Gankutsuou and Monster should stay in the Enlightened list. They're far from poor.

Fate/Zero doesn't deserve to be involved in the Relations list. Whether or not it deserves to be in the Enlightened list is still debatable though.

I'll nominate "C". It was just bad.
Feb 2, 2013 3:19 AM

Jan 2013
I second C. It is to economics what High School DxD is to chess: utterly irrelevant, but wrapped in pretty gift paper.

I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Feb 2, 2013 3:30 AM

Oct 2012
Maegil said:
I second C. It is to economics what High School DxD is to chess: utterly irrelevant, but wrapped in pretty gift paper.

Disagree! . . . the gift wrapping wasn't that pretty.
Feb 2, 2013 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
Gankutsuou and Monster are a bit overrated, but still amazing anime that should not even for a single second considered to be on this list of shame.

I cast my vote on Horizon, Hidan no Aria, Black Rock Shooter, Another, F/SN and Gantz.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 2, 2013 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Soul Eater?
Feb 2, 2013 12:36 PM

Oct 2011
I vote for Duratarrarar!!!11!! and Black Rock Shooter for induction to the relations.

Also, I don't think RahXephon deserves a place. It's mediocre at best, but not on the insulting level, and it currently doesn't have much hype.
Feb 2, 2013 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
lordzeru said:
I vote for Duratarrarar!!!11!!
Please don't cheat...

Feb 2, 2013 12:53 PM

Oct 2011
Maegil said:
lordzeru said:
I vote for Duratarrarar!!!11!!
Please don't cheat...

Oh, I forgot I voted for it already. Fair enough. At least I'm consistent?!
Feb 2, 2013 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, C: The Money of Soul and the Possibility of Control.

From the premise this anime should have been Kaiji meets Wall Street. Instead we get a generic shounen battle anime that wastes it's interesting economic premise. The show spouts a bunch of half-assed economics bullshit that is supposed to factor into these fights but only does in the most shallow way possible. It really feels like whoever wrote this though the economics part was too boring and decided to spice it up by adding the battles with the result being they both look pretty half-assed. If C could have just stuck to it's original economics driven premise it could have not only been something different but it could have been great.

It's awful, but at the same time it's not popular.
Feb 2, 2013 2:10 PM

Aug 2009
Also disagreeing with adding C.
It wasn't good (although I enjoyed it on some level), that's certain, but it's also not particularly popular and its fanbase is basically non-existent so it has no hype. And I wouldn't call it particularly overrated either considering MAL's average score.
metamorphiusFeb 2, 2013 2:19 PM
Feb 2, 2013 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:
Also disagreeing with adding C.
It wasn't good (although I enjoyed it on some level), that's certain, but it's also not particularly popular and its fanbase is basically non-existent so it has no hype. And I wouldn't call it particularly overrated either considering MAL's average score.

Ah, so it has to be popular? There goes Mars of Destruction. I nominate for Clannad.
Feb 2, 2013 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
If there's one fan-base I hate, it's the fan-base for Clannad.

Clannadics irritate the hell out of me. I've come to believe that I truly am heartless for not being moved by that sentimental telenovela.
Feb 2, 2013 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
Neane1993 said:
If there's one fan-base I hate, it's the fan-base for Clannad.

Clannadics irritate the hell out of me. I've come to believe that I truly am heartless for not being moved by that sentimental telenovela.

Join me on the dark side. Help me put this on our relations list.
Feb 2, 2013 7:52 PM

Oct 2010
Clannad is overrated but not that bad so I'm against it to be on the anime relation. The same can be said with Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Feb 2, 2013 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
Ducat_Revel said:

Ah, so it has to be popular? There goes Mars of Destruction. I nominate for Clannad.

Well, I guess there can be exceptions but yes, popularity and being overrated (or at least overhyped by a part of its fandom) are among the most important factors to be taken into account when adding stuff.
To illustrate, the club was pretty much founded because of anime like Guilty Crown and Sword Art Online.
Feb 2, 2013 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Clannad: After Story is rated as the 5th top anime here on MAL.
Clannad: After Story is rated #6 at animeplanet
Clannad After Story is rated 9.15 at aniDB (With an average of 8.97)
Clannad After Story has a rating of 8.976 at Anime Network.

Personally, I am the thought that it is overrated for what it is, a harem. And a harem that takes itself seriously.

And the reason it is overrated is because the fanbase thinks that it is more than a harem and that it's like the "deepest anime" ever.

(The First thing that the fans say after you say that you were not all that impressed with it is that "You didn't GET it". "The Reason why you did not think it was the bestest anime ever was because you failed to see the message." Don't believe me? Ask Amberleh.)
removed-userFeb 2, 2013 8:04 PM
Feb 2, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2012
Neane1993 said:
Clannad: After Story is rated as the 5th top anime here on MAL.
Clannad: After Story is rated #6 at animeplanet
Clannad After Story is rated 9.15 at aniDB (With an average of 8.97)
Clannad After Story has a rating of 8.976 at Anime Network.

Personally, I am the thought that it is overrated for what it is, a haram.

I haven't seen very much of Clannad: After Story, and I've seen Clannad only up to a certain point. But I believe After Story partially owes its high score to the fact that it's a sequel to another anime.
Feb 2, 2013 8:20 PM

Oct 2012
I don't think it's disgustingly bad. I put it one the same level as Code Geass R2 but as seeing R2 is on our list, I don't see a reason to not involve Clannad.
Feb 2, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2012
That ending,
. But yeah I don't think it deserves that rating.
Maybe they purposely made the first season incredibly crap, just so the people who are impressed by anything can see the second season and be absolutely amazed.
I see through your devious tricks KyoAni.

As for whether it belongs on relations we can poll after a few polls finish.
Feb 2, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
SSC_Exin said:

But didn't KyotoAni make Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid? I can't diss them until I see it first.

That gives me time to rally haters to stone Clannad. Come one, come all, this is going to be a glorious execution!
Feb 2, 2013 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
Ducat_Revel said:
SSC_Exin said:

But didn't KyotoAni make Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid? I can't diss them until I see it first.

Guys, Remember the incestuous lesbian twins who were naked half the time or all up on each other's pussies?

They also removed an entire main character and arc from the Clannad anime because it wasn't "moe" enough to sell - as it was a male character (note; nothing gay though). They did this before as well - see FMP:The Second Raid in which they took a mysterious male assassin and turned him into twin lesbians who are incestous to raise sales. Funny how they never get bashed for being terrible at being loyal to the source material.
Feb 2, 2013 9:13 PM

Oct 2012
Neane1993 said:
Ducat_Revel said:
SSC_Exin said:

Guys, Remember the incestuous lesbian twins who were naked half the time or all up on each other's pussies?

They also removed an entire main character and arc from the Clannad anime because it wasn't "moe" enough to sell - as it was a male character (note; nothing gay though). They did this before as well - see FMP:The Second Raid in which they took a mysterious male assassin and turned him into twin lesbians who are incestous to raise sales. Funny how they never get bashed for being terrible at being loyal to the source material.

The anime industry has hit hard times if they have to rely on incestuous twin lesbians. But until I watch FMP! The Second Raid, I shall not judge.
Feb 3, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2012
I'm against Clannad being added for a few reasons:

>no pandering
>as it is about family, it's universal and anyone can watch it and relate to it
>actual substance

I agree that it's overrated and it's definitely not the best anime ever, but it's not bad either. If you just want to add it to cause maximum butthurt then it's ok, but I'd still be against it.

basically it's better than everything we have on the relations list and it's not some shallow fanservice-based shonen we get every season like SAO.
Feb 3, 2013 4:49 AM

Oct 2012
Valkyrion said:
I'm against Clannad being added for a few reasons:

>no pandering
>as it is about family, it's universal and anyone can watch it and relate to it
>actual substance

I agree that it's overrated and it's definitely not the best anime ever, but it's not bad either. If you just want to add it to cause maximum butthurt then it's ok, but I'd still be against it.

basically it's better than everything we have on the relations list and it's not some shallow fanservice-based shonen we get every season like SAO.

I'm not talking about Afterstory. Just the first season of Clannad. When it was still a highschool romance.
Feb 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2012
Oh I see, well when fans talk about Clannad they usually refer to the second season, because that's what makes the series really worth watching.

Then I wouldn't say anything. I don't remember much and I plan to rewatch the whole thing soon.
Feb 3, 2013 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
Valkyrion said:
Oh I see, well when fans talk about Clannad they usually refer to the second season, because that's what makes the series really worth watching.

Then I wouldn't say anything. I don't remember much and I plan to rewatch the whole thing soon.

I actually sort of liked Afterstory. It was manipulative and melodramatic, but it did have strengths. It's great over-hyped though. So I wouldn't put it on either list.
Feb 4, 2013 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Seitokai Yakuindomo.

However (improbably) great it might be as four pannel manga strips, it plain sucks as anime - the jokes are served at a metronome rhythm, with the punchlines delivered over blank backgrounds with patterns or spinning spirals.
Even if the art and animation weren't very good (when applicable) but extremely lazy to the point of inexistent (everywhere else), the jokes are terrible and often insisted on just to make sure you heard correctly.

If you want good scatological humor, spare yourself the grief of this series and go watch Hen Zemi.

Feb 4, 2013 11:26 PM

Apr 2012
Maegil said:
Seitokai Yakuindomo.

However (improbably) great it might be as four pannel manga strips, it plain sucks as anime - the jokes are served at a metronome rhythm, with the punchlines delivered over blank backgrounds with patterns or spinning spirals.
Even if the art and animation weren't very good (when applicable) but extremely lazy to the point of inexistent (everywhere else), the jokes are terrible and often insisted on just to make sure you heard correctly.

If you want good scatological humor, spare yourself the grief of this series and go watch Hen Zemi.

Disagree. It's a great example of fanservice done right without resorting to flashy action or tits and asses. I also find the jokes pretty relatable for a school setting.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 4, 2013 11:44 PM

Aug 2009
I'm somewhat apprehensive about Hen Zemi. Its score (studio and genres too, to an extent) doesn't make me eager to check it out. I know, I know MAL's scores aren't too reliable - but that's usually the case with anime that have high scores. In my experience things below 7 on MAL turn out to be mostly shit.
Feb 5, 2013 3:41 AM

Jun 2012
Maegil said:
Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Disagree

Seitokai is a big fuck you to all those cute innocent and unrealistic harem girls and while half the jokes have terrible timing the other half are brilliant.

is it even overrated?
Feb 5, 2013 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
If to the club's standards, the cutoff is 7.7 and being above 750 - then, yes it is.

Score: 7.81 (scored by 33359 users)
Ranked: #698
Popularity: #193
Members: 58,095
Favorites: 630

Feb 5, 2013 6:29 AM

Sep 2012
I vote for "Another".
MAL DETAILS
Score: 8.13 (scored by 61750 users)
Ranked: #338
Popularity: #70
Members: 97,913
Favorites: 2,047
Reasons:A horrible ending accomplished with a shitty story all along which not make any sense(people dying from 28 years in a school but no one cares) or story shifting towards fanservice(beach scene in ep 7) for unnecessary reason.
Feb 5, 2013 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
The reveal of the culprit alone makes Another worthy of our Relations list.
Feb 5, 2013 9:33 AM

Apr 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
I vote for "Another".
MAL DETAILS
Score: 8.13 (scored by 61750 users)
Ranked: #338
Popularity: #70
Members: 97,913
Favorites: 2,047
Reasons:A horrible ending accomplished with a shitty story all along which not make any sense(people dying from 28 years in a school but no one cares) or story shifting towards fanservice(beach scene in ep 7) for unnecessary reason.

But...the pies!

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 5, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2009
Ao no Exorcist for our list, anyone?
Feb 5, 2013 1:40 PM

Jun 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

I didn't notice it wasn't on the list. It doesn't even need a poll imo, it's bad
Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Nidhoeggr said:

It's nothing but Homolust.
Feb 5, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
Ok, I already know the answer from other people as well. Brb, adding.
Feb 5, 2013 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
After back-counting, excepting the indications with qualifiers, these are the current undisputed suggestions for inclusion on the relations list:
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - 11
Maria Holic - 11
Shoujo Sect - 11
Hidan no aria - 1
Lucky Star - 11
Fate/stay night - 1
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - 1
Special A - 11
Kaichou wa Maid-Sama - 1
Absolute Boyfriend - 1
Strawberry Panic - 1
Soul Eater - 1
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - 1

The following may have mentioned more than once for inclusion, but were disputed by others, thus requiring more discussion:
Monster(presently in the enlightenment list)
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
Highschool DxD
RahXephon
Clannad
Seitokai Yakuindomo

These have been suggested, but also claimed to be too unremarkable:
Ah! My Goddess
Moretsu Pirates
Aishiteruze Baby
Gantz
Sono Hanabira
Strike Witches
C

RIPE FOR IMMEDIATE INCLUSION:
Durara - 11111
Black Rock Shooter - 11111
MaegilFeb 5, 2013 2:27 PM

Feb 5, 2013 2:28 PM

Apr 2009
Gonna add Durarara, BRS and Horizon then.

I also vote for Soul Eater, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi.
Feb 5, 2013 3:48 PM

Mar 2009
How is "Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000%" not in the relations? It definitely is not so bad it's good, pretty enjoyable to make fun of though.
Feb 5, 2013 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
I vote for AnoHana

I've even heard elitists overrate it...
Feb 5, 2013 4:06 PM

Apr 2009
Anohana had an AMAZING first episode, but then it got worse with each passing episode.
NidhoeggrFeb 5, 2013 4:11 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.