Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 13, 2013 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
I'm in love with these characters! This episode in particular was a lot of craziness and a lot of fun
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 31, 2013 11:28 AM

Jun 2012
I think when Minorin said she doesn't see the ghost, she meant she doesn't feel anything for Takasu... That's why he said "I hope you'll see the ghost some day".
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 19, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
Taiga going in the bathroom was hilarious. "Boom! Boom! And here it exploded"
Just like last time, they were implying how hairy Ami is down there :S

Was Minori's talk about not seeing ghost was her way of saying she doesn't love Ryuuji? It really seemed like that.

Taiga sitting behind Ryuuji and playing with her feet on his back was cute :) Just like Taiga with the dog when playing badminton :)
Jul 31, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2012
loved the double meaning of the whole ghost talk between Minori and Ryuuji
Sep 15, 2013 1:30 AM

Sep 2012
Ami Path joke to Ryuuji, he was thinking that shes taking Path LOL
But i guess any1 wold think that in that situation :D
Kitamura runing around naked in there LOL
Ryuuji's Spicy Curry eating part LOL
At the end, it seems the hunters became the hunted LOL

Sugram22Jun 2, 2019 4:38 AM
Sep 15, 2013 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
RazielZero said:
Was Minori's talk about not seeing ghost was her way of saying she doesn't love Ryuuji? It really seemed like that.

what u say'd is not far form truth, she meant that she dose not have a BF & thinks she will never have1 & that she dose not believe in real love much

but i think mane reason is she sees whats going on between Taiga & Ryuuji so she decided to step down from the stage, but she could have feelings for him (its possibility), she sees that Taiga is more fragile & needs him more so she stepped down from the stage for her friend
Sugram22Oct 17, 2017 1:45 AM
Nov 16, 2013 12:49 AM

Nov 2013
tsukikage said:
Am I the only one who thinks using someone's head or back as a footrest is adorably intimate?

This.
It is subtle things like this that can take an anime to a whole different level. I really like how they did that during the conversation
Dec 14, 2013 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
Haha, it look like their plan got against them at the end!

Ryuugi made some nice metaphor while talking to Minori. And he's so clueless about Taiga feeling... Ami messing with him as always.

Wonder if it was all planned by Ami, after all she must know that place pretty well.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 22, 2013 12:46 AM
Nov 2013
This one had my laughing all the way through.
and that catgirl (doggirl?) Taiga....
That airport scene was funny as hell too.
Dec 22, 2013 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
Genuinely funny episode, usually romcoms only make me chuckle or groan.
INB4 Kurieda was talking about ghosts and Ryuji was talking about love.
Dec 22, 2013 11:51 PM
Nov 2013
davidfresh said:

That was the implication, i don't think they are going to spell it out any more than they already have.

J-YO said:
tsukikage said:
Am I the only one who thinks using someone's head or back as a footrest is adorably intimate?

This.
It is subtle things like this that can take an anime to a whole different level. I really like how they did that during the conversation

I thought this as well, and was actually surprised by Ryuuji's lack of a reaction to it. Guess it just goes to show how comfortable they have become with each other.
Dec 24, 2013 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
minorin ultimate boss,

takasu and taiga got trolled the shit out off. classic goobers
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 7, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Fantastic episode, Minorin really shined in this episode, and that part where Kitamura walked in naked was like, WTF LOL
The shower scene was funny, Ami tricked Ryuuji and he goes crying to Taiga XD
And that weird dance they did at the beginning in the station... lol
Also, that talk about love/ghosts... Minorin said, "I hope I can see the black seaweed ghost again" (she said something similar to that, I can't really remember) But, could she be referring to Kitamura's...

I'll post some quotes from scenes I found to be especially funny:

"I think I just saw something black and bushy... O__O"

"She really was taking a shower! And she was all like BOOM... BOING..and BAM!!"
Jan 27, 2014 10:01 PM

Feb 2011
I feel as though the reason Taigi isn't pursuing her love interest as much anymore is because of what she mentioned at the pool, about how she doesn't understand how she feels anymore, as in, she may feel something more for Ryuuji, but she doesn't understand it, because she also loves Kitamura.

As for Minorin, when she asks if Ryuuji can show her someday, when you untwist all the metaphors, she's asking if he'll be the one to show her that future that she wants someday, meaning that, in my mind, she also digs Ryuuji but see's what Taiga doesn't understand in herself, so she's backing off, but at the same time, why sacrifice her own happiness? Which is why she let that little line slip.

I like the subtleties to this show. =3
May 19, 2014 5:03 AM
Jan 2012
I really liked Minori and Ryuji's moment together. I like how Minori's metaphors didn't fly over Ryuuji's head. I still don't know if I would like to see Ryuuji with Minori or with Taiga by the end of the show. Don't really care about what happen with Kitamura and Ami. lol. I wonder how long it will take for Ryuuji realize that Taiga has feelings for him? And that HE has feelings for her as well?

Btw, Minori taking pictures of naked Kitamura was hilarious, as well as the dream sequence in the beginning of the episode XD
Oct 18, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
Man every episode I feel like Taiga knows who she really likes and who she is crushing on
Nov 16, 2014 3:37 AM

Jan 2013
That was funny at the beginning, finally a little moment alone between Ryuujii and Minori.
Tho we know how it will end...
Jan 2, 2015 1:00 AM

Sep 2014
This episode: DEATH. I fucking DIED from laughter! Ryuuji's mom, seaweed corpse juice, sea otter corpse wrapped in seaweed, the bathroom, Ami's bush, Kitamura's towel, all TOO MUCH ROFL.
Jan 5, 2015 7:45 PM

Dec 2014
I loved Minorin in this episode! I think shes fuckin great! So funny! but hey Im cheering for Riuuji and Taiga
Love... hurts... so...
Feb 22, 2015 2:23 AM

Nov 2014
XD OMFG WTF.

MANSERVICE holy shiiet.

KITAMURA. Seriously? you're packing? and now like 4 others know. you made Taiga blush ,faint. nice. VERY NICE BRO.

I giggled, throughout this episode. Ami, is getting character development. this is good. it shows shes still a cunt but she has a fun side to her. still, as I said, she's a cunt and I dislike her, strongly still. Taiga, you really gave her a piece of your mind. for flirting/sexually teasing Ryuji like that.

I am wondering if the other three, or at least minorin & kitamura put their heads together so that ryuji & Taiga would be ending up in the same room together.
Feb 22, 2015 2:44 AM

Aug 2014
We've never seen Taiga and Ryūji this thoroughly on the same page before.

They're acting as one, and as equals. Relationship development.

Is this what we call a Ryūji rapeface?

I'm half-surprised we didn't get another mold-rage moment out of him! XD
Shwele said:
-"The stupid chi was... BOOM! And BOOM! And here it was EXPLODING!" - man I loved the look on Taiga's face when she was telling that to Ryuuji and then in sec later she got hit with pot. I loled on this one the most... *was that Ami masturbating?*
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that! XD
Ducky_Dame said:
i guess even anime characters can never pass up a prime photo op!

lol
LadyDisraeli said:
XD OMFG WTF.

MANSERVICE holy shiiet.

KITAMURA. Seriously? you're packing? and now like 4 others know. you made Taiga blush ,faint. nice. VERY NICE BRO.
OMFG indeed, and that is definitely no mean feat - not to mention reducing Minori to blithering incoherence!
kevsterr95 said:
DNF said:
What do you guys think about the balcony scene? I remembered Haruhi with that what Minori said, and they have some similarities I thought.

i believe the "ghost" they mentioned might be a metaphor for love. replace ghost for love and it could fit in the lines that ryuji mentioned
jugann said:
loved the double meaning of the whole ghost talk between Minori and Ryuuji
One quote answering another, again. Funnily enough, Minori in that scene reminded me of Misaka Mikoto in her more-reflective moments, which is funny since they're almost complete opposites most of the time.
gbrandelero said:
The scene where taiga massage ryuji (gif on page 2) was so nice that made me watch a marathon until the last episode.
Gods, yes. And neither of them even thought anything of it, tho Taiga kinda wandered near the idea when she talked about them sitting so close to each-other despite how big the room was.
LadyDisraeli said:
I am wondering if the other three, or at least minorin & kitamura put their heads together so that ryuji & Taiga would be ending up in the same room together.
+1, not to mention the "scaring the daylights out of someone" idea.

I really should've rated the last ep a 3; I seem to have forgotten what a 4/5 was all about. Tho honestly this one would get 9/10 if the rating system was that granular; I was laughing my ass off for a good chunk of it.
DuneflowerFeb 22, 2015 3:17 AM
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
May 12, 2015 4:41 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Even if I wasnt sure about this anime at the beginning I have to say I am starting to like this anime really much *-*

May 16, 2015 1:59 AM

Oct 2013
You know what's scarier than a ghost? The fact this was a beach episode, the show had ample time for plenty of fan service, and the closest thing we got to it was Kitamura's black bush.

It was a very lovely episode though, both funny and charming. More signs of Ryuuji x Taiga... smh...

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 16, 2015 2:00 AM

Jan 2014
Shwele said:
I loled on this one the most... *was that Ami masturbating?*

ye, this was a very funny episode.
Especially naked Yuusaku and Kushieda taking pics of him xĐ
black and bushy hahaha <3
Sep 5, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
LOL, they wanted to scare her yet they were scared back instead :D (and for the same reason no less!) Is Minori and Kitamura trying to get them together?

Well, it was also nice what Taiga told him when they were alone in the big room. She finally realized she can tell him pretty much anything and act casually whenever he is near. I think this is the breaking point for her. He is still pretty oblivious of her but I guess that's not for long.

And nice conversation on the balcony, it was pretty deep (well not too deep but still deep enough). Since Kushieda started it I think it's pretty clear she understanded what he was trying to say. And I liked how she was detracting him from the point intentionally. She even hinted him she knew they were playing seaweed trick on her. I bet she is actually more clever than she is trying to look.

AkatsukiShinobi said:
I feel as though the reason Taigi isn't pursuing her love interest as much anymore is because of what she mentioned at the pool, about how she doesn't understand how she feels anymore, as in, she may feel something more for Ryuuji, but she doesn't understand it, because she also loves Kitamura.

I think back then by the pool it was more about "How can you understand me better than I do?" implying they are already pretty close that he understands her feelings so well. But ofc it can be viewed in many ways.

Edit: And noone has noticed that hinting remark Ami had towards Kitamura in the beginning about not being with the council during holidays? :)
Mich666Sep 5, 2015 4:34 PM
Nov 16, 2015 9:23 AM
Nov 2015
Right towards the end with Ryujji and Taiga, i thouight they were gonna bring some of the Feels right out of me.. woooo.
Dec 8, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2014
This episode is my favourite so far, it had me laughing from start to finish! So many good parts in this, naked Kitamura was funny, and cute :3

Taiga and Ryuuji near the end was cute, and at the very end I think somebody is playing a prank on them. Can't wait to find out!
Dec 8, 2015 1:51 PM
Dec 2015
I think people really underestimate English dubs. The English dub for this anime is great! Well, you need to get through the first episode in order to get used to Taiga's voice, but by the time she's yelling and charging down the road with a bike that she doesn't know how to ride, the voice just automatically fits. "Found you at LAAASSSTT" was great. The voice actor conveyed Taiga's search and destroy attitude perfectly. From this episode, a great example of the English dub transition was after Taiga saw Ami in the shower.

"She was all like, 'boom,' and, 'Boing!' and .. "BA--" "He doesn't need to know that!"

I couldn't stop laughing at the shell-shocked wonder in Taiga's voice. It was excellent.
Dec 9, 2015 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
I love this show.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 14, 2015 4:41 PM
Jul 2014
OK,this episode was so so, I hope it will develop much more...
May 22, 2016 5:28 PM

May 2015
chibuki said:
I swear there isn't any more hilarious anime.

The more progressing the story, I think the more of a match Kitamura & Minorin. And so does Taiga and Ryuuji.

As far as Ami and Ryuuji, I think she just love to tease Ryuuji because he's that type of straightforward guy that'll react amusingly when someone tease him. :P Loved that shower scene lol!

Also interesting insights about Minorin's personality. Ryuuji also hinted about himself in the conversation. Perhaps there are ghosts who wants to be seen by you, which translate to 'try to open your heart for me' in a way.

Taiga realizes that she and Ryuuji also became closer due to their daily life, being together almost all the time. All those 5 people are pretty much great friends as portrayed in the opening sequence right now. The holiday vacation separates them from the rest of class and gather them together in Ami's village.

Taiga & Ryuuji's plan of scaring Minorin to death seems to backfire against them. Looking forward to next episode as I'm very anxious to see the outcome!

GIF time! Some of the gifs are so big I had to put them inside spoiler lol.

have you not seen gintama then again this is 2016...
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
Jun 23, 2016 2:33 PM
Mar 2015
The seaweed at the end...
$5 on Kushiada's putting on a scheme...
Aug 20, 2016 12:31 AM

Aug 2016
Black and bushy lolzzz
Oct 4, 2016 5:32 PM

Jul 2014
Ryuuji, the type of nigga who wants a Grand Theft Auto-esque video game for cleaning.
Nov 23, 2016 11:31 AM

Nov 2015

This episode shows why teenagers shouldn't be alone in a house xD
Poor Ryuuji with the shower scene jajajajaja.

OMG TAIGA TOO!!! JAJAJAJAJA xD Boing, Boing and BOING!

So, in the end Taiga is noticing how close she is to Ryuuji. Ok ok, things are moving another direction.

Dude, Kitamura... put on some pants! That guy is direct as fuck jaja.
Dec 14, 2016 11:33 PM
Feb 2016
*-The "mutt" is marrying a Taiga dog and has baby puppies.. wut?*

*-I think they had the same dream? That's pretty weird and also pretty awesome if so. Maybe they both want to be together like in the dream.*

*-The whole show at the airport is probably the silliest thing I've seen. I didn't think anything could top Minorin in class when she made the one silly face but I think this came close.*

*-What does scary music even sound like? Whatever it is, Taiga likes it I guess.*

*-The plan is to scare Minorin into getting close with Ryuji. I wonder how this is gonna work out.*

*-I've came to the conclusion that Ryuji gets off on cleaning.*

*-Taiga passes up a chance to go with Kitamura on his bike. She says it's so they can set up the plan for scaring Minorin but I think she just wussed out :D.*

*-Ami tries to give Ryuji a case of blue balls with the shower scene. Taiga gets frustrated and walks in on "dumb-chi" actually taking a shower. When she was describing Ami's body and got hit with the pan I cracked up.*

*-Oh god. Kitamura in only a towel. LEWD. Then Minorin proceeds to take pictures like crazy until seeing something "black and bushy."*

*-I guess the only way to make the house not filled with ghosts is to make the curry really spicy? lol.*

*-Ryuji makes a hella good curry I guess, and spicy as hell at that.*

*-Uh oh, Taiga and Kitamura in the same room alone? I'm surprised Taiga agreed.*

*-If I weren't so in love with Taiga I would want Ryuji to make a move on Minorin or Ami. I kind of feel bad for Ami she actually does seem to really like Ryuji.*

*-Takasu asks Minorin if she has a boyfriend when they're alone. Queue the whole ghosts metaphor. It's always kind of confused me though. I think when Minorin says she hasn't seen a ghost she meant that she hasn't been in love before. Then Ryuji says he hasn't either but he hopes to, adding that he hopes Minorin does as well.*

*-Maybe it's just me but I really feel Minorin might have a thing for Ryuji. That whole ghost speech really seemed to have some feeling behind it, along with the music that usually shows something is happening on a personal level. I think she realizes Ryuji has a thing for her here and feels she may have something for him too but doesn't say anything. I'm not sure why she doesn't if she does though, maybe it's so she doesn't get in the way of him and Taiga's relationship.*

*-Taiga hits up Ryuji for some munchies like usual.*

*-Taiga talks about being with Kitamura all day and it not being all that she thought it would have been. She then went on to say how when she is with Ryuji she isn't super nervous it's just whatever. This is taken as an insult slightly but I feel it has some meaning behind it, the meaning being that Taiga and Ryuji are just super comfortable with each other and that's good.*

*-Taiga says something about that dream she had maybe wasn't so ... and leaves it there. I think she was going to say it didn't sound so bad. This scene is really cute and maybe even shows some of Taiga's personal thoughts that she isn't usually willing to say out loud.*

*-Ryuji's bed has hairs and slime on the pillow and Taiga's bed has her dress on it and she didn't put it there. She even said it was warm. Pounding on the windows and doors starts and I'm left thinking what the hell is going on right now?*

**Overall:** I think this episode is really important because it shows some relationship changes in my opinion. We find out Minorin may have a thing for Ryuji, Ryuji confesses to Minorin in a way, Ami seems to be still interested in Ryuji and even seems to show some jealousy(maybe she wasn't lying after all?), and Taiga seems to come to terms with having interest in Ryuji by stating how her dream of them being married maybe doesn't sound that bad after all. Episodes like this always make me want to see more of Taiga and Ryuji being close with each other. So here's hoping the next episode we see some more bonding between them both. Thanks to anyone who actually reads this or any of my other comments. This is my first time participating in discussion about an anime and it's actually been really fun analyzing the show a little more as I watch. It makes the third time watching Toradora that much more fun. If you have anything to say or even want to correct my writing please comment, I appreciate it! I can't wait to watch the rest of the show throughout December (:.
Dec 26, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2016
Myth confirmed: Minori likes her men shaved!
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 7, 2017 8:35 AM

Feb 2013
That dream from the start was great.
And lol, Minori is amazing, we need more scenes with her instead that with that Ami.
Kitamura, standing naked like nothing, he is cool.
May 7, 2017 9:39 AM

Jun 2010
Ulquiorra said:
And lol, Minori is amazing, we need more scenes with her instead that with that Ami.

Lol You mean taiga like the mother of dogs? Funny scene
Sep 18, 2017 3:54 AM

Jun 2016
As always, Kushieda is being herself and being adorably hilarious. Good god I love her so much.

That moment when Kitamura and Kushieda is better than the actual MCs. Lmao. Goddamnit. I was already spoiled where this anime is going, though it's pretty obvious from the start that Taiga and Ryuuji will end up together (your typical romance where the 2 MCs will help each other to be with the 2 supporting characters, but they fell in love with each other instead).

I'm on the edge of dropping this show because I really can't stand the cliche in romance, but since friends of mine told me to give romance genre a chance, I'm holding onto this, and yes Kushieda I need more of you, so I'm still gonna continue watching this show.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 17, 2017 1:48 AM

Sep 2012
davidfresh said:
Genuinely funny episode, usually romcoms only make me chuckle or groan.

both were talking about love, at the end Minori just donged it by making it look like she din't talk about love :)
Oct 17, 2017 1:56 AM

Sep 2012
Drackx said:
Ulquiorra said:

Lol You mean taiga like the mother of dogs? Funny scene

Firstwaswhen said:
*-The "mutt" is marrying a Taiga dog and has baby puppies.. wut?*

that shows that they have feelings for each other, but it was bit dark & made in to nightmare cause they are in denial of their feelings, that's why it had that dark atmosphere like him being dog & she acting like hes her servant
Oct 17, 2017 2:01 AM

Sep 2012
TheDoggoneGirl said:
As always, Kushieda is being herself and being adorably hilarious. Good god I love her so much.

That moment when Kitamura and Kushieda is better than the actual MCs. Lmao. Goddamnit. I was already spoiled where this anime is going, though it's pretty obvious from the start that Taiga and Ryuuji will end up together (your typical romance where the 2 MCs will help each other to be with the 2 supporting characters, but they fell in love with each other instead).

I'm on the edge of dropping this show because I really can't stand the cliche in romance, but since friends of mine told me to give romance genre a chance, I'm holding onto this, and yes Kushieda I need more of you, so I'm still gonna continue watching this show.

i think this has less cliche maybe zero, well its not as obvious at early in the anime with who mc end up with
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10397/Mashiro-iro_Symphony__The_Color_of_Lovers?q=true%20colors%20of
i have seen so meany & that's only one that popped to my head right new
Nov 14, 2017 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
So Kusieda confirms Kitamura has a full bush...lol. And I love how Ami is unaffected by it, since they're childhood friends.

This ep kind of confirmed what I already suspected about Kushieda. She doesn't seem interested in boys or romance like typical shoujo girls. I think that's refreshing about her character, but that sucks for Ryuji.

Ami has been acting a little sketchy lately. I want to find out more about what her true motives are.
Dec 28, 2017 7:33 PM
Dec 2017
I'm re-watching this (again) and was curious what people were saying. I saw a lot of my own points here, but my favorite thing is actually missing.

When Ryu and Ami are alone in the cave and she teases him, he slaps her wrist with the tofu. She questions his tendency to put Minori on a pedestal and points out how he had just hit her with tofu. She asks if he could do such a thing to Minori.

Ryu has a really good scene with all three girls in this episode. The living room scene with Taiga, the balcony with Minori, and the cave with Ami, but I liked the dynamics with Ami the most because of how she breaks down their relationships.

Edit: I lumped 9 and 10 together, it seems, though I stand by what I said. In that story line, the best scene is the one in the cave.
Eajones011Dec 28, 2017 7:42 PM
Feb 10, 2018 5:52 AM

Sep 2017
Good character development for Minori and Ami in this one. Not so much Kitamura though, I think we're still mostly on the surface of his character.

I liked the moments between Ryuuji and Ami, but I think the metaphor scene with Minori was probably the best. Seems like she's interested in him, but also more aware of Taiga's feelings than Taiga is, and to me it seemed like Minori would rather see the two of them together than developing anything with Ryuuji herself. Some pretty heavy reading between the lines, but that's what I got from it at least

Good stuff overall considering they didn't exactly tone down the Minorin comedic value this episode either
ArcaedesFeb 10, 2018 7:27 AM
Feb 17, 2018 11:24 PM
Dec 2017
ghost behind the house!!! hehe... i think someone make plan to make taiga and Ryuuji more closer!!
Aug 25, 2018 5:01 PM

Feb 2012
err. Why is Minori in this trip? Wasn't Ami just inviting Yuusaku & Ryuuji (and by extension Taiga)?
Oct 6, 2018 11:17 PM

Nov 2011
It’s been simmering for awhile, but as of this episode I’m convinced that Toradora! is a much better anime than I gave it credit for years ago. Every episode has been charming and fun in its own way, but it’s the depth of the interactions between cast members that really stands out to me.

All of the core cast feel unique; we don’t have any wallflowers here, not even with Kitamura. The big thing that stands out though is that Toradora! knows how to be subtle, and that’s a rare thing to find in this medium, especially in the romance genre. We were seeing it as early as Taiga’s confession to Kitamura with his gentle deflection, and it’s also been evident in how Ryuugi and Taiga behave around each other over time.

The highlight in this episode was Ryuugi’s conversation with Minori, as far as that goes. Minori was saying that although she believes she will fall in love and get married one day, she doesn’t think that’s any different than her belief in ghosts: She thinks it’s a fantasy that won’t ever actually come to fruition. Ryuugi counters fairly well for an impromptu. He notes that some people may “see ghosts” (find true love) without really trying but then try to run away from it, while others may try their hardest to do the same but never see/find it. His conclusion is that it isn’t a hopeless cause, and he makes his own intentions a bit more clear when he supposes a ghost might want Minori to see it. Her reaction and response made it clear that she understands that Ryuugi is interested in her.

What’s interesting about Minori, in a way, is that she’s a lot more similar to Ami than a first glance might notice. While she’s a lot more amicable, Minori seems to put on a facade just like Ami likes to. I think Minori is just playing at the “genki girl”, and her true self is a bit more cynical or depressed than what we’re seeing.

And speaking of whom, they’re doing a nice job of making Ami’s character a bit more complex. She’s a difficult character to read, which adds some spice to the interactions involving her.

I imagine that having all of these character developments flow so smoothly with such good comedy is a lot harder than this show makes it look, so I have to praise the craftsmanship present. I’m looking forward to watching more.

tsukikage said:

It was super cute for sure.
May 2, 2019 5:36 PM

Aug 2017
Kitamura naked lol.

This episode is fun lmao.

Ryuuji’s conversation with Minori was an interesting part. She's smarter than I thought.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.