Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2012 8:28 PM

Apr 2011
I have to say, this is a happy ending, compared to a previous episode regarding dogs. I cannot remember that other dog episode, but it might be in season 2, at the beginning.

This was a nice ending, I didn't care about the fat lady and her torturing sequences, I was hoping the young lady was alive and she was! Too bad the Emma army, did not save her from the injuries.

Not sure why that dog lover lady was single, she pretty cute and I hope people don't overreact over why she lost her soul for a dog. The dog is like family to her and she suffer emotion trauma by that neighbor. Even without the dog being the issue, other things would come up. XD
Sep 23, 2012 3:35 AM

Jan 2012
strong discrimination against fat ugly whales and their typical attitude...

this anime is getting better and better
Sep 26, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
The revenge scenes are getting pretty retarded... Cartoon mechs? Really?

What happened to the hellish revenge scenes from season 1? I can barely even consider this Jigoku Shoujo anymore.

I'm very disappointed with the third season so far.
LarasoSep 26, 2012 12:02 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Oct 12, 2012 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
Wow! Unlike in the previous season, Ai and the gang aren't much involve in this season. I was really hoping that Wanyuudou would save her from falling if she pulled the string.

In this episode, I was like "Who's gonna access the Hell Correspondence?"
This season is giving that vibes. As y'all may have noticed, some of the people in this people don't really deserve to be sent to hell.

Did they change the director or something? The fanservice is a little too much in this season. Heck, this season isn't even tagged as Horror.

As mentioned from a previous post, I think they're just collecting souls now. And they're even advertising the Hell Correspondence. I can't wait for episode 20. I think that's when the plot's gonna start.
Dec 13, 2012 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
Very interesting episode, I was sure Mioi was gonna die there, it was a total surprise that she survived and I'm kinda glad she did ^^ She didn't need to die for that. The pulling of the string seemed to be an accident though, but who knows...
Anyway, glad that horrible woman is gone now :) Still loving Jigoku Shoujo as much as ever ^^ The end where they sent the woman to hell was funny xD And Ai with those ears!! <33
Mar 4, 2013 8:20 AM

Jun 2012
Poor girl, I felt so sorry for her... I really wanted her to kick that old hag in the face... -.-
I am glad that she survived at least... I thought that she will die :P

And what's with that scene when they send her to hell? Those scenes are just getting more and more ridiculous... it's not that they are bad, but it's like they are trying to make this anime into comedy or something, and I don't think it suits it very well :P
Aug 19, 2013 1:46 PM
Aug 2012
if someone told me that before this day was done i would see ai enma with dog ears on i would have slapped them across the face. alas...
Dec 6, 2013 12:35 AM

Jun 2012
really i got to agree that the reasons that people are sent to hell get more idiotic then ever not to mention allot of people are losing it in this season. i wondered how the dog owner survived the fall of so high.

about the neighbor i don't know i can see why she get annoyed but seriously doing all that stuff to someone is just plane stupid jealousy gets the better of people it seems.

the hell this ears came from in the boat on Ai first she doesn't have them then she have them then again not lol but looks cute.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Feb 10, 2014 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
My escalating thoughts through this episode

This isn't going to be pet episode is it D: (and it is...)
Wow this lady is too blunt for own good
I don't think they at dogs in Japan, Princess Kikuri ._.
oh no that scene it's that cat lady episode all over again D:
except she actually hates the animal D:
Why would you just leave your door open and not hold on to the leash? That is how people lose their pets :|
LMAO Ai with dog ears is cute xD
That dog... totally got her to pull the thread xD
I wonder who will take care of the dog now :/

Feb 16, 2014 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
animegeek4life said:
Honestly, every episode this season sucks!!!!!

This one was pretty descent, but still stupid beyond belief.

This season is so bad that it is funny. The first 2 seasons kick this season's butt.

I don't know why you say that... It's all the same, the only thing that changes every episode of Jigoku Shoujo are the characters and their hate. I rated every season of Jigoku Shoujo as 8 cuz there's nothing different.
It's always the same routine.
May 10, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
That old hag is so annoying.

Good thing she didnt die because that would've been stupid. To die because of ONE TOILET SHEET haha.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
I agree with people who claim that by far, for what I have seen up to now, IMHO, this season sucks.
It lost everything: atmosphere, good characters, credibility, seriousness, good stories.
If this direction will not change, I will gladly pretend Mitsuganae never took place and everything ended with good old Futakomori.

This episode was ok, considering just the average of this season, and I did felt a wide range of emotions about this. But one among them who stood by my side during the whole time was the amusement. I was really amused, and I don't mean it in a positive way. At first I thought it tried to be amazingly trashy like the legendary episode 10 of Futakomori, but then it changed pace and situations and became more dull than before.
At a certain point I even thought the old scum could think of send the dog to hell, if possible. I mean, it seems everything can happen.
But then it went to a darker tone and tried to achieve seriousness, but failed, at least with me. And I listened to the noise the lady made in th elevator at least 20 times, that was weird to the extreme. The voice acting for the lady was terrible though.
And that punishment segment was as disappointingly ugly as the past ones were. Yuzuki finally was more involved with the story, but she's still quite passive. She seems so empty but God how I love her!
She's my guilty pleasure. I sense the all Mitsuganae thing is just centered about Yuzuki, obviously much more later on. As if the author thought about how to develop her fulcrusness in all of this and stop. The stories from episode 1 to the last 6 or 7 maybe are a plus.
Sep 25, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2010
That was just...petty.

I'm unsure if this show is trying to be serious or is having fun with itself. Either ways, it's feeling really off.
ShockedSep 25, 2014 8:11 PM
Sep 28, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2012
Went to hospital for a dog ? And in hospital she keeps saying momo ? LOL Thats too extreme in my opinion

Both women and dog should be sent to hell
Nov 19, 2014 7:59 PM

Nov 2013
This third season is so bad. I feel like dropping it right now. Ai and her subordinates are the only saving grace of this season.

I didn't like the death scene. It felt like some cheesy 1980s mech cartoon.

Bad episode

2/5

Jan 11, 2015 2:25 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah this season is definitely the weakest one so far. I don't like how most of the things are happening in or around that school. Honestly, if so many people would go missing you'd think the police would notice or something...
Oct 9, 2015 5:25 AM

Aug 2014
This is stupid. She didn't have to pick those sheets and could as well ra the bitch out.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
May 8, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2015
Again? Again they do this?! Why the dog hate? Sigh, I kinda knew this would happen as soon as I saw the dog bracelet. Every time dogs are involved, bad things happen but other animals can go without a scratch.

Anyway, this is the only case so far in this season where someone has a proper and satisfying reason to send someone to hell.

Damn that punishment scene makes no sense and came out of nowhere, completely forgot I was supposed to be pissed off.

Glad the dog owner survived though.
Apr 28, 2017 12:25 PM

Apr 2009
WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING IN THIS SEASON???

I should have stopped watching at Futakomori.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2017 1:36 PM
Mar 2016
Kyonster said:
Am I the only person who thinks that everyone that was sent to hell deserved it? (Since season 1 up to now)

There was 1 episode in Mitsuganae about the Female singer. At first i thought she do not deserve to go to hell but after pondering over the sentence of 1 of the characters :

Something something " ....hates her to the bone..."

I think that sometimes apologies are never enough after hurting people...

For this episode about her trying to grab the dog, I'm sure anyone at that situation would just try to grab anything.

even the nurse that literally did absolutely nothing?
Jul 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Mar 2016
also..why is everyone saying that this season is bad? its literally the same as the first two: different scenarios of people getting sent to hell, and then the storyline gets interesting in the last 10 episodes. one of the things different in this season is that most of the characters didnt deserve to go to hell except this old bitch.
Aug 18, 2017 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
Ai with the chihuahua ears at the end, I'm deaddd xD
Sep 19, 2017 9:00 AM

May 2015
Momo best dog. That fat bitch deserved it all.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 3, 2017 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
i must say the MC of this story was subconsciously savage with her mouth XD
Feb 18, 2018 5:33 AM

Oct 2015
The one highlight of this crappy episode:

Kikuri to the dog: "What a weird face!"
Jun 10, 2019 10:29 PM

Jun 2017
The hag deserved to get sent to hell, the punishment scene wasn't nearly enough, it was underwhelming of sorts. Anyway, I thought that the lady who fell would've died, I'm not sure if I'm glad that she didn't. Ai though, with dog ears near the end, cute. :D
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 16, 2019 12:53 PM

Sep 2012
for some reason i liked awry time the had got mad, i just like to se her pissed, i guess i didn't like her from the start 😁

lonehunter88 said:
guyklc said:

But she would have no proof that her neighbor did it, unless she just happened to have a tape recorder at that scene. Remember, in a court of law, the only thing that matters is if the prosecutor has evidence.

wat about the checkup from the hospital? they can search the hag's house or anything ^^ well, nvm.. this isn't the point of jigoku shoujo anyways =)

if u have deep bockets like her yes it could be possible

the normal checkup wouln't revale enough to convict any1, thats where ur bockets come to play

cops just won't bother with small stuff so if u wan't to catch the culprit pay for the investigation, specially coutries with no animalcops
Sugram22Jun 16, 2019 1:05 PM
Jan 31, 2021 10:24 AM

Mar 2019
I hate Chihuahuas so much. They are unbearable. I miss the first 2 seasons. This season doesn't make sense at all.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 28, 2021 11:35 AM
Nov 2021
I hope Momo is ok. I don't think it was the girl's fault in anyway I don't think she was trying to be rude it just came out this way. I also wasn't sure which one of them was going to contact Enma Ai.
And as usual main girl didn't do shit.
It's episode 8 already she should add things up and realize what is happening and why people are disappearing. Why isn't she doing anything to prevent it.
Nov 12, 2022 7:39 PM
Dec 2017
glad the dog was still ok

Jun 8, 2023 9:07 AM

May 2015
This episode was good in term of impact, but the theme of the dog was already made in season 1.
Jul 30, 2023 3:43 PM

Sep 2017
As always, I hate the transformation scene.
I'm still waiting for for a dilemma episode:/ Isn't that what this anime is supposed to be?
خ
Aug 21, 2023 10:50 AM

May 2020
Aw, vengeance scenarios are supposed to be a horrifying experience for the banished, can't say I like this cartoonish nature some of them embrace in this season.

Though I'll admit I laughed at:
- Woof woof!!
- So she says, miss.
I see. Your only option is to revolutionize the world.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.