Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2008 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So... the raw is out on veoh, at least. I don't understand Japanese very well, but from what I know, it seems like the hag in this episode deserved to be sent into hell. But the ending was rather unexpected... I didn't expect that girl to survive the fall from the apartment. It's a shame (or not?) that she didn't die; it would've made the whole ending more intense. The fact that she was alive in the hospital at the end was kind of anti-climatic.

Also, the revenge sucked this time around =/

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 22, 2008 9:16 PM

Mar 2008
well, this episode wasn't too bad.. but i think i'm getting tired of repititions and no explanation.. be quick and get on with the plot already! >.<

that girl with the chihuahua reminds me of hollywood movies about rich blonde girls with chihuahuas.. ^^; well, in conclusion, both of them deserve hell.. the girl has a devil's tongue, and the hag has a devil's hand.

i'm beginning to be really disappointed with yuzuki, especially after watching the last scene in the episode with her visiting the girl in the hospital.. she seems to be gradually sympathizing with enma ai and helping her rather than trying to make things better.. such a weak little bird.. ganbare, yuzuki chan~

oh yea, enma's nekomimi was cute XD when i saw that, i was like, WHA?? lol.. looks like ai found a new hobby - cosplay! XD
lonehunter88Nov 22, 2008 9:34 PM
Nov 23, 2008 9:14 AM

Nov 2008
My two cents:

GLAD THE BITCH IS GONE!

SAD that the girl is injured very badly and even has to go to hell. For a DOG!? O_O

lonehunter88 said:
well, this episode wasn't too bad.. but i think i'm getting tired of repititions and no explanation.. be quick and get on with the plot already! >.<

that girl with the chihuahua reminds me of hollywood movies about rich blonde girls with chihuahuas.. ^^; well, in conclusion, both of them deserve hell.. the girl has a devil's tongue, and the hag has a devil's hand.

i'm beginning to be really disappointed with yuzuki, especially after watching the last scene in the episode with her visiting the girl in the hospital.. she seems to be gradually sympathizing with enma ai and helping her rather than trying to make things better.. such a weak little bird.. ganbare, yuzuki chan~

oh yea, enma's nekomimi was cute XD when i saw that, i was like, WHA?? lol.. looks like ai found a new hobby - cosplay! XD

I agree Yuzuki is not the same as before when the whole hell thing sending people happens.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 23, 2008 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
@slayer: Well, this is the interesting thing about this episode. I wasn't sure if the girl meant to pull the string. I don't know what she was thinking right before she fell off the building. Maybe she was thinking, "If I'm going to die, then I'll take the hag with me! So I'll grab the string!" Or, maybe, she was trying to grab on to her dog for safety, but instead, accidentally pulled the string on the doll as a result.

In any case, why was she so concerned about the sheets the hag was throwing around over the rooftops? I never had a dog, so if it's something about pets, I wouldn't know.

Nov 23, 2008 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
guyklc said:
@slayer: Well, this is the interesting thing about this episode. I wasn't sure if the girl meant to pull the string. I don't know what she was thinking right before she fell off the building. Maybe she was thinking, "If I'm going to die, then I'll take the hag with me! So I'll grab the string!" Or, maybe, she was trying to grab on to her dog for safety, but instead, accidentally pulled the string on the doll as a result.

In any case, why was she so concerned about the sheets the hag was throwing around over the rooftops? I never had a dog, so if it's something about pets, I wouldn't know.

Most likely false lies and propaganda. The woman is just vile stench. Just look at her face from my pic.
Nov 24, 2008 8:59 PM

Mar 2008
guyklc said:

i think she was trying to grab on to her dog, although it's hard to imagine how a chihuahua would be any support to a 35 kg young lady ^^; (another reference to american dumb blondes)

those toilet sheets she was picking up seems to be expensive stuff (quoting ai: batsugun no kyuushuuryoku -outstanding absorbing power).. although i can't understand why she would risk her life just for one piece ^^;

and she's really proven to be stupid, after hearing the old hag's confession of giving her chihuahua poisonous food.. if she's really a dog owner, she should know there are laws to prosecute animal abuse, so she doesnt need to be so anguished..

but then again, mitsuganae seems to have ignored all the laws available in the mortal world anyways ^^;

another thing is, i dont think she really has enough guts to pull the string on her own will.. she's not the type who can stand such suffering
lonehunter88Nov 24, 2008 9:04 PM
Nov 24, 2008 10:37 PM

Aug 2008
lonehunter88 said:

and she's really proven to be stupid, after hearing the old hag's confession of giving her chihuahua poisonous food.. if she's really a dog owner, she should know there are laws to prosecute animal abuse, so she doesnt need to be so anguished..

but then again, mitsuganae seems to have ignored all the laws available in the mortal world anyways ^^;

But she would have no proof that her neighbor did it, unless she just happened to have a tape recorder at that scene. Remember, in a court of law, the only thing that matters is if the prosecutor has evidence.

Nov 25, 2008 6:36 AM

Mar 2008
guyklc said:
lonehunter88 said:

But she would have no proof that her neighbor did it, unless she just happened to have a tape recorder at that scene. Remember, in a court of law, the only thing that matters is if the prosecutor has evidence.

wat about the checkup from the hospital? they can search the hag's house or anything ^^ well, nvm.. this isn't the point of jigoku shoujo anyways =)
Nov 25, 2008 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
in Asian culture, people dont like to ask police for help, and bear with the problem themselves, thats why some people in school got bullied and stuff.

she didnt die part is kinda anti climax , I was expecting they both died : )

*To my surprise, Angel999 is not here* XD
Nov 25, 2008 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
dragonshade said:
in Asian culture, people dont like to ask police for help, and bear with the problem themselves, thats why some people in school got bullied and stuff.

Dude he got banned did you not hear people talking about it?
Nov 25, 2008 5:09 PM
Nov 2007
slayer545 said:
dragonshade said:

Angel999 got banned? Why? When?
Nov 25, 2008 6:38 PM

Nov 2008
seekster said:
slayer545 said:
dragonshade said:

Angel999 got banned? Why? When?

I don't know ask the mods not me.
Nov 27, 2008 12:51 PM

Aug 2008
Wow.... banned. Well, some of his posts were filled with... radical flaming about just about anything, so I guess it was only a matter of time before he received proper consequences.

And I agree with dragonshade that her not dying was anti-climatic. I was hoping for an "if I'm going to die, you'll die with me!" sort of drama.

Dec 6, 2008 7:11 AM

Aug 2007
Jigoku Inu Sentai. That's all I have to say.
Dec 6, 2008 10:00 AM

Feb 2008
her pulling the string was an accident though... even though the grudge was valid and pretty much justified, it seems like she hadn't gotten to the breaking point just yet.

sometimes i think that kid instigates people into fulfilling the contracts. it seem like anyone who has a likely grudge is going to get some sort of hint to log into the site.

another interesting thing is that Ai is focused on one area. it makes it seem like they are collecting souls than granting grudges.

although its pretty unlikely that anyone would survive a fall from what seemed like a seven story building, it is possible that if you fell the right way you could survive..with lots of broken bones.
Dec 6, 2008 12:21 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Oh hey looks like they changed to summer uniforms.

-Yeah dogs in this series have a bad history...now one is being chased by Princess Kikuri.

-Kikuri: "Give it (the dog) back, they taste better if you let them roam for a while." *feel out of my chair laughing*

-Well I guess that scene all but proves that Yuzuki does not know about Ai's subordinates. Nice subtle plot development there guys.

-I swear Momo's owner is not the sharpest crayon in the box, that or she is being insulting on purpose.

-Love that scene where the chubby lady is on the bus trying to get the bracelet off and everyone is staring at her.

-Oh crap the lady has gone psycho!

-By the way, I have learned two things about Chihuahuas from this episode:
1. They have them in Japan (not a word from any of you)
2. They get really really hairy in Japan.

-That woman has a way with words that is going to get her sent to hell...

-Wow im starting to think they are purposefully alluding to the episode in season 2 with the cat in the apartment. What with the banging on the walls and everything. Really hope the dog isnt killed.

-I swear women are so mean to each other sometimes, scares me sometime.

-And now we know how that lady got so portly.

-NO...no...no killing the dog...THAT BITCH!!!

-Well its good she finally realized it, because now strings are going to have to be pulled...I swear I love the phrase.

-Princess Kikuri is out advertising for Hell Correspondence. LOL

-Wait how did Ai get the dog?

-Poor Yuzuki...she knows that poor back of hers is about to be broken again.

-That does it! Chubby lady needs to go to hell very badly now!

-Wow she trained her dog to fetch cursed dolls, thats amazing, but poor Ren will need a bath after being in that dog's mouth.

-*Ai after her transformation scene*: Im here to kick ass and send people to hell, and im all out of ass.

-Voltron would be proud, Gundam would be embarassed.

-Oh nice she cant talk anymore! Sweet revenge.

-Wait whats with Ai's dog ears there at the very end? Seriously we see her on the boat before and she doesnt have the dog ears on but then right after Princess Kikuri appears and says "stinky" Ai has them on. Guess someone didnt catch that.

Post Episode Comments:

I swear dogs keep getting killed or injured in this series. Ok this episode wasnt as brutal with dogs as episode 4 or 18 from season 1 ("Candy no muerte!") but still its pretty low to go and target someone's dog like that just because the owner unwittingly insulted you. Speaks loads for the woman's self esteem.

Anyway pretty good episode. Loved Princess Kikrui in it and it looks like the only knowledge that Yuzuki gets from Ai is a glimpse of the person who accessed Hell Correspondence, the fact that she didnt appear to recognize Princess Kikrui or the other boy seems to be a good indication that she does not see through Ai's eyes (try saying that 3 times fast) except during the time that a name is entered in Hell Correspondence. Poor Yuzuki.

This episode was also notable because it was also one of the few in which a person sends another person to hell as their last act (Last time this happened was in episode 16 of season 2 I think, the one with Honne Onna and the shy woman.) Granted in this case the woman survived and it is also possible that she grabbed the string by mistake but as far as she knew pulling that string might have been her last act before dying. (On a side note its never really established if the dog dies in the end or not but considering it was healthy enough to get the dog and run to its master's aide (seriously that is one well trained pooch) Im guessing it makes a recovery.)

All and all I enjoyed this episode.

Verdict:

Maybe its because im a dog lover but even if I wasnt, its just petty and cruel to bully someone like that and the kind of people that get off on that and then do not feel any remorse are trash, the fact that the woman even seemed to joke or brag about it openly to the victim at the end means that she is lower than trash. I personally I think that after the woman tried to kill the dog was the point where I was convinced she needed to go to hell and unlike the last episode the woman did go to hell.

Guilty

Dec 7, 2008 1:09 AM

Jan 2008
My analysis is that it seems like the woman was jealous of a pretty young girl and took it out on her dog. Thank god she was alive at the end though. Phew ^^"

SOMEBODY SCREENCAP ENMA WITH THE DOGGY EARS NAO!
Dec 7, 2008 7:23 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm a bad remake of the 4th (I think) episode of the first season. Not really interesting and the animation was bad on top of that. Well, it can't always be original and well-written with this format of anime...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 8, 2008 5:33 AM
Nov 2008
Am I the only person who thinks that everyone that was sent to hell deserved it? (Since season 1 up to now)

There was 1 episode in Mitsuganae about the Female singer. At first i thought she do not deserve to go to hell but after pondering over the sentence of 1 of the characters :

Something something " ....hates her to the bone..."

I think that sometimes apologies are never enough after hurting people...

For this episode about her trying to grab the dog, I'm sure anyone at that situation would just try to grab anything.

KyonsterDec 8, 2008 5:37 AM
Dec 8, 2008 7:08 AM
Nov 2008
I think that the dog WIN!

It may look innocent but somehow clever enough to take a straw doll to its master in such situation. (I read its face , it said "Revenge for me now , master ! Bow-wow!") The dog got it revenge and don't have to go to hell!

This dog must have learned something from Princess Kikuri

XD
Dec 8, 2008 10:00 AM

Aug 2008
erastale said:
I think that the dog WIN!

It may look innocent but somehow clever enough to take a straw doll to its master in such situation. (I read its face , it said "Revenge for me now , master ! Bow-wow!") The dog got it revenge and don't have to go to hell!

This dog must have learned something from Princess Kikuri

XD

OMG, epic win!! Lol! It does seem like Kikuri would teach something like that to the dog, doesn't it?

Dec 8, 2008 8:29 PM
Oct 2008
Good episode although i think she was kind of at fault not really taking into account the things she was saying you know oh that is a expensive bracelet you bought i use mine for my dog is kind of harsh even though she didnt mean it, and every now and then you will watch a episode and really want to send that person to hell and that is exactly what happened in this one
Dec 8, 2008 11:08 PM

Oct 2007
lol... i wasn't expecting the girl to survive after falling from the rooftop of a apartment building... looked like she was pretty high up there...
Dec 16, 2008 12:22 AM

Mar 2008
She was jealous of a dog and went nuts over it, she kind of deserved it =P

Wait it was more like the dog sent her to hell more than the girl dont you think? XD
Dec 18, 2008 3:04 PM

May 2008
Both of them were mean. but the old hag is even meaner since she poisoned that innocent dog and did some bad stuffs to the girl. If she is really that pissed off, she should talk to the owner about it and the girl did not realized that she said something mean to the old hag.
And as for the girl , she is stupid enough to listen to the old hag's advice to climb over just to take the training pad. she could just use a long stick to pull it out or just leave it alone (it was just ONE training pad and there are still so many of them layin on the floor).
The dog is cute, though. :D
Dec 26, 2008 3:45 PM

Jun 2008
LOL! Ai can haz inumimi!!!
Dec 26, 2008 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
I thought that this was going to be like that one episode back in Futakomori (i think) where the person who pulls the string and immediately dies after doing so. Remember? The guy that wanted to save that one girl from being raped then died later after crashing his moped and wasn't wearing a helmet.

Lol speaking of motor accidents, this series has a lot of those I've noticed. Ahhh I love this series.
Jan 4, 2009 4:11 AM

Feb 2008
skyenix said:
My analysis is that it seems like the woman was jealous of a pretty young girl and took it out on her dog. Thank god she was alive at the end though. Phew ^^"

SOMEBODY SCREENCAP ENMA WITH THE DOGGY EARS NAO!

Ask and ye shall receive.
Jan 5, 2009 12:54 AM
Nov 2007
I'm starting to enjoy this series more and more each episode for the train wreck factor. So many moments where I yell "WHAT" during the episode, then start laughing madly. I love it.
Jan 10, 2009 10:05 PM

May 2007
Wow Didn't they make about 8 episodes involving dogs already?
Jan 29, 2009 3:17 AM

Aug 2008
Is strange to go for the hell for a dog, but has people that would go for much less! °_°
Apr 12, 2009 12:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I've had my share of lousy neighbors, I can relate. What a bitch.

Anyway, it would've been interesting if Mori had died as well. I don't remember an episode where we were shown the personal hell of someone who sent another person to Hell. Two Hell scenarios.., heh. Though I'm glad she survived.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 9, 2009 3:55 AM

Jul 2008
Haha, Ai's nekomimis (or were they dog's ... anyway) where really cute ! It was nice add to this episode.

Overall I liked this episode pretty much. But I think that Momo's owner was really rude to her neighbor :/

May 22, 2009 5:59 PM

Mar 2009
the dog/cat ears on ai was so random lol.

I'm getting really tired of watching dog-related grudges -.-'

Though I thought it was the owner who would get sent to hell though. She seemed like such a b!tch in the beginning.
Sep 27, 2009 9:20 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, this episode made me rage.

First of all, you don't go and pick a fucking piece of toilet sheet in the edge of a fucking tall hotel.
Second, she was suppose to be dead since she fell at least at the 20th floor since they were talking in the rooftop before it happened and yet she's alive.

Third, WTF, ENMA HAS A FUCKING DOGGY EARS WHEN SHE WAS FERRYING THAT OLD HAG TO HELL?
Jan 8, 2010 4:44 AM

Jan 2008
Oh wow, didn't expect that she would survive that fall. Though she was partly to blame for the fat lady's rage, fat lady got what she deserves. What was with the mecha stuff lol.
Jan 21, 2010 3:44 PM

Nov 2009
i cant believe that mean old lady did that!!! i hope the dog was ok... and its sucks that she pulled the string!!! if she died jus then that would have sucked!!! XP
Apr 14, 2010 4:10 AM
Jul 2008
Moonfrost said:
First of all, you don't go and pick a fucking piece of toilet sheet in the edge of a fucking tall hotel.
Second, she was suppose to be dead since she fell at least at the 20th floor since they were talking in the rooftop before it happened and yet she's alive.

Yeah, definitely agree with your first comment. I don't know. THe girl seems pretty clumsy if she wasn't able to hop easily. It looked like there was plenty of space between the barrier and the edge.

And also, she might've survived because some bush or something caught her fall><
Jun 2, 2010 8:03 AM

Mar 2010
wow, that girl can't jump at all. that fence wasn't that tall, come on! she can't even get an inch off the ground!

idk, kind of a boring episode in general. a tried and true format. evil neighbor obviously deserved it for trying to kill the dog, but still! interesting that she pulled the string accidentally, though.
Jun 4, 2010 9:33 PM
May 2010
lol that woman is sooo strong....kicking wall and the room shakes? It is either she is really strong or the wall is too weak!!!

Btw, the sound that dogs makes is pretty funny...especially the part it spits out the meat, feels like a really strange human voice....lol, poor dog, anyways, why would it carry a doll to the girl? So it also knows how to take revenge, huh?

And when did Ai grow cat ears?
jimmy2027Jun 4, 2010 10:01 PM
Jul 5, 2010 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
she survived the fall... WOW!
Nov 14, 2010 9:07 AM

Jun 2008
Honestly, every episode this season sucks!!!!!

This one was pretty descent, but still stupid beyond belief.

This season is so bad that it is funny. The first 2 seasons kick this season's butt.
Feb 20, 2011 12:23 AM

Oct 2008
This tv series sure do like dogs.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 20, 2011 2:34 PM

Jun 2009
Well what the woman did was just so cruel! And well I am glad she survived (the girl) and well I actually thought she was going to be the one send to hell because of what she said but then again we are all humans we make mistakes and I am sure that we all have said things like she said and well we are not in hell (or at least I am not).
Jun 21, 2011 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
guyklc said:
[So... the raw is out on veoh, at least. I don't understand Japanese very well...

Then why bother watching =_=

lonehunter88 said:

I was surprised as well and was like lulz xD But this was great <3 I like it as well i think ^^
Jul 8, 2011 7:22 AM
Jun 2009
lol, I was quite surprised to see Ai suddenly with cat ears. How cute!
Jul 22, 2011 6:58 PM

Dec 2010
Revenges get too silly as the time passes =\
I hate Kikuri even more, she's getting more and more annoying.
About the episode - it was well done. You can't mess up with people's feelings and pride and get out with it. But still what was even darker in this episode was that the girl didn't pull the string on her will. This episode is as good as many Futukamori episodes.
Jan 27, 2012 7:06 AM

Dec 2011
Kyonster said:
Am I the only person who thinks that everyone that was sent to hell deserved it? (Since season 1 up to now)

There was 1 episode in Mitsuganae about the Female singer. At first i thought she do not deserve to go to hell but after pondering over the sentence of 1 of the characters :

Something something " ....hates her to the bone..."

I think that sometimes apologies are never enough after hurting people...

For this episode about her trying to grab the dog, I'm sure anyone at that situation would just try to grab anything.

I hadn't thought about that before but I actually kinda agree with you on a second thought... Very interesting.

<3 Kikuri-hime's dog-eating desires...

seekster said:
Comments made while watching:
-Wait whats with Ai's dog ears there at the very end? Seriously we see her on the boat before and she doesnt have the dog ears on but then right after Princess Kikuri appears and says "stinky" Ai has them on. Guess someone didnt catch that.

I thought I saw the inumimi appear mid-way through the scene! ...I thought I just missed it, though; thanks for confirming that it wasn't just my imagination.

I love your comments as always, @seekster; thanks!

I suppose I've been slacking off and commenting only on the episodes I've given 5/5 ratings... anyway,

Excellent Episode; 5/5 ★★★★★

Signature:
Mar 2, 2012 7:45 AM

Aug 2011
Ah, another episode with a revenge from a pet owner, but this time the dog didn't die! If Momo DID die, ok, I understand that she would hate the woman so much. In this case, though, she could have easily called the police! Why does no one in this anime ever think of means that don't involve going to hell yourself?

As for this episode's cosplay - it's one of the few ones I actually liked. Ai looks cute with dog ears!
Aug 10, 2012 10:55 AM

May 2012
Another sort of these episodes, a woman that can't stand the person/animal and tries to fuck er life up and than that person banish her to hell! Though quite horrible fate for just a piece of paper having to fall down the roof though good that she pulled the string and banished her to hell and that all just because of jealousy!

The robot scene was fun an on the boat that Ai had those dogs ears was quite funny, yea these torture scenes are getting quite funny!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.