Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 21, 2012 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
pilipino101 said:
Ok seriously, I'm all up for debates but there's just way too much talking. I'm just about done with this series...
You should of been able to tell within the first episode that this ISNT an action show, why wouldnt you expect alot of talking? The only other option is get generic and waste time on pointless fights or sit there in silence.

Perhaps he was expecting a lot of singing. Like Guilty Crown.
Inori: Shu.
Shu: Yes Inori?
Inori: I want to sing.
*5 minutes of background Inori singing while Shu is being emo looking at the horizon.

yap, that´s just much more interesting.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 21, 2012 5:09 PM

Mar 2012
And Hakaze finally returns. It doesn't look like anything is going too smoothly though. Just thinking out loud too -- I wonder what will happen when Yoshino tells Mahiro that he was Aika's boyfriend.

Somehow I get this feeling that Aika hasn't really passed away. Anyone else?
Dec 21, 2012 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
tezann_t said:
And Hakaze finally returns. It doesn't look like anything is going too smoothly though. Just thinking out loud too -- I wonder what will happen when Yoshino tells Mahiro that he was Aika's boyfriend.

literally everyone else thinks that
Orulyon said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
pilipino101 said:
Ok seriously, I'm all up for debates but there's just way too much talking. I'm just about done with this series...
You should of been able to tell within the first episode that this ISNT an action show, why wouldnt you expect alot of talking? The only other option is get generic and waste time on pointless fights or sit there in silence.

*5 minutes of background Inori singing while Shu is being emo looking at the horizon.

well those scenes were better than most in the series just cause the music was pretty good while the rest of the show was.......uuuuuuugggghhhh

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 21, 2012 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
hmm so the voice at the end...aika is the mage of the exodus, now that would be great XD
well i wasnt expecting the 2 of them to be so fucked up...amazing!
really i want to watch next ep ASAP
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 21, 2012 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
Two big trees fighting.... i don't know why but this kind of thing don't look cool to me.
Dec 21, 2012 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
Tree vs Tree
Who will win?
Dec 22, 2012 12:46 AM

Aug 2008
What a self-spoiler. Now we all know who is the Mage of Exodus.

But amazing nonetheless.
Dec 22, 2012 1:19 AM

Feb 2012
Shit just got real.
Dec 22, 2012 2:09 AM

Mar 2010
HOLYU FUYCK FINALLY AN AMAZING EPISODE AND I WAS SHOCKED LIKE HELL WHEN I SAW YOSHINO DYING AND MAHIRO STABBED WITH THAT WOOD.

AND THEN THIS TREE VS TREE IS WOW SUGGOI. *___*

ANDDDDDDDDDDDD FINALLY HAKAZEEEEEEE YOU RETURNNNNN *FANBOYING*

i hope neither of the main character will dies D:

5/5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 2:11 AM

Mar 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
tezann_t said:

Orulyon said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
pilipino101 said:

well those scenes were better than most in the series just cause the music was pretty good while the rest of the show was.......uuuuuuugggghhhh

THIS (Y) =D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 7:12 AM

Jun 2008
This show delivers.
Don't get how the tree of Genesis goes doing it's business and ignoring Hakaze. Maybe Samon is right that the tree of genesis doesn't give a shit about them and it only puts people Hakaze to delude them.

Btw, naked Hakaze ftw. The tree of genesis sertainly knows how to pick them. Such a player that tree.

None if you ask
KaiserNazrin said:
Well, that escalated quickly. In the end, I still don't know which tree is the good one.

None if you ask me. I think humanity should kill both fucking trees and show them who's the boss.
MonadDec 22, 2012 7:33 AM
Dec 22, 2012 8:05 AM

Jun 2010
KaitoDash said:
What a self-spoiler. Now we all know who is the Mage of Exodus

You're a couple episodes late, Junichirou has been shown having all those incredible powers without using offerings several episodes ago.
Seriously though, I don't trust any of my suspicions.

I've read the manga but how the f*ck did I forget

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
tezann_t said:

People, you're talking about that ever since the beginning, but what the heck is wrong with you? Do you really want this show to turn into a pointless sh*t? The very premise of the story is based on one fact: a girl got killed. And because the author is amazing, he created a whole tearing the world apart scenario around this one fact. SHE'S DEAD, guys, plain and simple.
Dec 22, 2012 8:21 AM

Jun 2008
eworm said:

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
tezann_t said:

People, you're talking about that ever since the beginning, but what the heck is wrong with you? Do you really want this show to turn into a pointless sh*t? The very premise of the story is based on one fact: a girl got killed. And because the author is amazing, he created a whole tearing the world apart scenario around this one fact. SHE'S DEAD, guys, plain and simple.

Dec 22, 2012 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
eworm said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
tezann_t said:

I think the story can go the direction of Aika not being dead, but I firmly believe that the point of the story will be lost if this is really the case. The extent and the depth the anime (and I presume the manga too) went to go over the past memory of Yoshino and Mahiro with Aika, with the mood filled with loss, sadness and nostalgia, will very much go to waste if Aika comes out alive and kicking later. And a lot of what happens to Yoshino and Mahiro (and even Hakaze) and how they change is also premised on Aika's death - all three are essentially driven and influenced by a dead person. And this will also be rendered bland if in fact we have a living Aika manipulating things from behind. I am not saying that it is impossible for the story to have Aika still living but I think it would make this work much less powerful and brilliant than what it is now.
symbvDec 22, 2012 9:22 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 22, 2012 9:14 AM
Feb 2011
Monad said:
eworm said:

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
tezann_t said:

Monad... the scanlated parts of the manga haven't revealed anything substantial about Aika so far. Hell, the Aika voice-over while the world was going down to **** is something new to the series. I'm believe she's dead and that she's gonna stay that way, because the storytelling in this story has been excellent and "reviving" her would be stupid and make a lot of the story feel completely pointless. However, I certainly expect to see some more background episodes on Aika more about her.

So, just calm down, okay?
Dec 22, 2012 9:59 AM

Jun 2008
Ncrdrg said:
Monad said:
eworm said:

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
tezann_t said:

Monad... the scanlated parts of the manga haven't revealed anything substantial about Aika so far. Hell, the Aika voice-over while the world was going down to **** is something new to the series. I'm believe she's dead and that she's gonna stay that way, because the storytelling in this story has been excellent and "reviving" her would be stupid and make a lot of the story feel completely pointless. However, I certainly expect to see some more background episodes on Aika more about her.

So, just calm down, okay?

Wait? So you are the same guy with a different account?
Dec 22, 2012 10:33 AM
Feb 2011
Monad said:

Yeah... because I always love going out of my way to create alt accounts years in advance just in case I want to waste time and troll people like you. And... NO ONE has ever read the manga except for one person: me. </sarcasm>

**** off you paranoid moron!
Dec 22, 2012 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
Ncrdrg said:
Monad said:

Yeah... because I always love going out of my way to create alt accounts years in advance just in case I want to waste time and troll people like you. And... NO ONE has ever read the manga except for one person: me. </sarcasm>

**** off you paranoid moron!

Pull that stick out of your ass you moron. You replied in a way that seemed like you could be the same person so i asked. And that is why it was a fucking question(did you see that question-mark you blind fool?) on whether you where the same guy and not a statement.
Dec 22, 2012 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
I hope I'm not the only one who still doesn't really get what is going on.

But the ending was pretty cool. Nice twist!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Dec 22, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
Orsonius said:
I hope I'm not the only one who still doesn't really get what is going on.
you probably are

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 22, 2012 1:55 PM

May 2008
So Junichirou disappearing at opportune times is not suspcious? Wow, those clans people are slacking on the warning signs, bro xD

But both of those trees are effed up. Maybe the trees (or at least the Genesis one) put their fate in humanity's hands so that humans could just destroy the lot of them and take back their life c:

I still believe Aika's dead for real, but she's got to be more than just a normal high school student like everyone's thinking. Can't wait to see what it is!
Dec 22, 2012 3:59 PM

Feb 2009
What I think after watching this episode "Logic is the tree of genesis' bitch! It can screw it whenever it wants!"
Dec 22, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
OH MY GOD.
A lot happened...A lot happened
Dec 22, 2012 10:13 PM

Aug 2011
Mindblown.

Srsly thought they killed off the MCs lawl
Dec 22, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2010
goddammit, both trees are fulfilling every fucking requirement to be full eldritch abominations... im starting to foresee a bleak outcome, even with Hakaze's aid D:

on something completely different....
Kerozinn said:
i am AMAZED how they managed to turn this into such a boring and mindnumbing anime.
very forgettable and generic shounen.like there are hundreds out there.
2/5
'generic shounen'.... wow..... MAL just hit an all-time low
Dec 22, 2012 10:39 PM

Dec 2012
The trees fighting... I don't know, but it looks retarded as hell...

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Dec 22, 2012 11:59 PM

Sep 2011
Rofl Both MC's die, but they'll be back obviously.
Dec 23, 2012 12:32 AM

Aug 2008
eworm said:
KaitoDash said:
What a self-spoiler. Now we all know who is the Mage of Exodus

You're a couple episodes late, Junichirou has been shown having all those incredible powers without using offerings several episodes ago.
Seriously though, I don't trust any of my suspicions.

Err.. No, I meant Aika. Because her voice was heard while the Tree of Exodus was awakening.
Dec 23, 2012 1:57 AM

Oct 2007
I guess we should expected to see THE GIRL coming back next episode, just as I thought she will.

If the next episode come out on Jan 10 then I might to jump ship to Manga, damn it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 23, 2012 6:57 AM

Sep 2011
Siva said:
I guess we should expected to see THE GIRL coming back next episode, just as I thought she will.

If the next episode come out on Jan 10 then I might to jump ship to Manga, damn it.
I'm thinking the same too but damn it man we need to hold out cause it will end up screwing us in the end, the manga only got translated to the 20th or so chapter so if we read ahead we will end up needing to wait a whole 9 weeks before we get new content

Plus the ost and animation in this are so superb, how can we pass that up.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 23, 2012 8:38 AM

Mar 2010
Tyrel said:
Rofl Both MC's die, but they'll be back obviously.

LIEK A ZOMBAA . WEEEEE . ROFL haha :X

and people . enjoy the anime , start another topic if you want to fight with each other D:
Dec 23, 2012 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
Honestly every time I see those trees I honestly have the feeling that they keep humanity as their pets (aka mage of exodus and mage of genesis), because here its clear that the trees rule the world, not humans. Since humanity is the "leader" above all the species on Earth, the trees made two humans their "representatives" but I really wonder if the trees need civilization or if they just need the planet to survive. Clearly they dont really mind much about other humans besides the mages, considering that the tree of genesis turned thousands of people into metal and killed Yoshino/Mahiro without hesitation soon as they were not needed. It really makes me want to side with the Exodus tree which, although wants destruction and could have killed Mahiro/Yoshino for resenting the fact that they "saved" the representative of his enemy, it simply didnt. The shocking fact is that it was the Genesis tree.
I think the conception of evil x good represented here is brilliant: neither side is totally good or totally evil.
Actually it was so fun, probably one of the most original fights everXD I dont know which one is scarier: the trees or their fruits XP

Anyway after watching that tree fight, Ill never look at my bonsai and cactus with innocent eyes again XP shit, which reminds me I forgot to water them.

Anyway, the final sequence was perfect with Aika saying Miranda´s quotes from Shakespeare´s The tempest with the sonata from Beethoven called..."Tempest" LOOL

A tempest is coming XP

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 23, 2012 6:20 PM

Dec 2012
Orulyon said:
Honestly every time I see those trees I honestly have the feeling that they keep humanity as their pets

Its just a matter of time before they start talking.

Dec 23, 2012 7:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oh man, it's gonna be a pain waiting for the next episode, which comes out in 2 weeks. Sigh.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2012
Such a crazy episode. With so many plot twist from left to right. The Tree of Genesis is quite a questionable figure of this anime. All green for me , though I found the tree fight to be horrific but hey at least its original because where would you see trees fighting in anime?
Dec 24, 2012 3:36 AM

Sep 2008
Its good that Hakaze has returned to the future, but I have never expect the ending to be too cruel and twisted.

Fun facts, just as our world didn't actually end on that day, this episode which aired about the same day, does looks like the world has ended. Is it a coincident?
Dec 24, 2012 3:58 AM

Jul 2010
Well, I centainly didn't expect that! They were disposed of the moment they weren't needed anymore. I'm really wondering what Aika's significance in all this is now...

Dec 24, 2012 10:27 AM

Feb 2008
This show is quickly becoming one of my favorites, started off a bit slow, but it's getting really interesting now.
Dec 24, 2012 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
Wow. Okay. 4/5

Well, um, this show is really unexpected and I cannot predict what's gonna happen at all. Amazing.
It's at a solid 8 right mostly because I find it uncomfortable to watch since it confuses me every couple of minutes.
The plot is well-written and very mind blowing but it's so...Difficult to watch for me. :/ Well, as expected from the Spiral author!
Dec 24, 2012 5:34 PM
Dec 2012
its nice Eps..
but from where did the missile came from ?
did the tree of genesis help her ? and send the missile ?
Dec 24, 2012 7:21 PM

Oct 2011
This show continues to impress me with its unpredictability; totally didn't think Hakaze would return so early. I have a strong feeling Aika is the mastermind behind all this chaos. Wonder how many episodes this anime will have.

Dec 24, 2012 7:40 PM

Feb 2012
Next episode. Now.
Dec 24, 2012 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
Vyudali said:
Next episode. Now.
I wish, GOD DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS, YOU TAKE AWAY ALL THE SHOWS I WATCH!!!!!!!

Seriosuly, snl, ixion saga, SNL, and gintama enchousen, archer,all taken away from me at the 1 time i actually can watch stuff.
JizzyHitlerDec 25, 2012 3:57 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 25, 2012 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
great episode this is the part where I stopped reading the manga,imma wait until the anime is over and finish it cuz waiting every week is painful
Dec 25, 2012 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
Ugh can't wait till the 10th....must...resist urge....to read...manga!!
Dec 26, 2012 2:50 AM

Sep 2008
Holy frack. This show is beyond great. The fact they basically stood there for 4 episodes, doing nothing besides talking and not only that it wasn't boring, time watching it flew by, it was interesting, fun, complex, it was everything I wish from a show.

I love it, I love this show and how it's done so far, can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 26, 2012 8:31 AM

Feb 2010
The trees have finally psysically clashed..
No idea what's going happen next. Love it!
Dec 26, 2012 12:41 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Knew the "tempest" in the title was another Shakespeare reference.
Like the whole exchange in front of the Tree of Exodus. Sammon's reactions made me laugh a little. Looked like he's head was going to explode. I here I thought he was the Byakuya type of character. Yoshino trolled him good.
Hakaze's finally back. I was like "guys use her freaking skeleton to bring her back and leave her skeleton there to avoid the time paradox!". Took them a while.
Trees fighting, haven't seen that since LOTR. They both suck... messing up the world and stabbing Yoshino and Mahiro like that.
Dec 26, 2012 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
The Tree of Genesis is such a dick :/

On another note, this series continues to be fantastic.
Dec 26, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2011
Holy shit this battle between trees just got fucking real. Wtf life both Yoshino and Mahiro got killed off just like that, didn't expect that to happen at all. Dno if I've seen any anime where both MCs die just like that (well temporary of course, but still).

On another note, Hakaze sure looks nice with a ponytail. And I love that proud 'I am back' pose while she's completely nude lol.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.