Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 15, 2010 11:02 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh, romance.
Nov 17, 2010 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
Taiga needs to be more honest with herself.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 13, 2011 6:45 AM

Sep 2008
Haha, nice strategy that Kushieda uses to pretend that she's staying awake in class. XD

Really liked the episode! It was a free-for-all-type of match, so Taiga's strategy was fair enough, at the beginning. :P She certainly has a pair of strong legs...

kuroshiroi said:

Minori is just an accessory to the cast as this point, she doesn't really feature and honestly, I don't mind. Ami, Taiga and Ryuuji are more than enough to keep this show entertaining for now.

I also noticed this particularly in this episode... I wonder if she'll get more of the spotlight shined on her at a later time. Anyway, for now I definitely agree: watching Ami, Taiga, and Ryuuji is entertaining enough. :D
Mar 6, 2011 9:13 PM

Aug 2010
dat topless ami
Mar 20, 2011 10:22 AM

Feb 2011
now taiga got change of heart
look like from next ep will start a new romance plot
it will be end in ryuji and ami
i guest
Jun 4, 2011 4:03 PM

Aug 2010
Cholisose said:
enkil said:
lol

Kushieda is the official LOL character of this series now.

But lots of funny moments this time around. It's also nice to see things develop on Ryuuji's and Taiga's end.

She is just awesome.

"Ryuuji is mine" LOL that was a confession alright
Oct 30, 2011 4:50 PM

May 2011
AMI - CHAN!

Taiga... you never let Ami have her way! Well, atleast you "blew her cover" ;)
Dec 19, 2011 11:22 AM

Dec 2007
Taiga is really annoying. I hope that Ryuuji doesn't get together with her.
Jan 14, 2012 10:57 AM

Sep 2010
Loved "Ryuuji is mineee" part :3
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Feb 18, 2012 1:55 AM

Nov 2011
Aww Taiga finally did something selfless for his sake. Great episode from start to finish.
Mar 25, 2012 2:33 AM
Jan 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Taiga may not have the looks and skill, but she certainly had the smarts in this episode.

I think Ryuuji's mom is on to Taiga's nature. And Taiga flipping out is understandable when you see it in the light of the events. She was just too worried about Ryuuji (remember she hadn't noticed Ryuuji had recovered conciousness by then). It's gonna be hard for her to admit to this feelings again under normal circumnstances though, hence why next episode they're back on their lusting over their respective "crushes".

good job with next epi spoiler asshole
Aug 2, 2012 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
Really good episode. I don't think Taiga likes Ryuuji yet, or at least she isn't fully aware of it right now. I think her words were just a sort of spur of the moment kind of thing. That's just my interpretation anyway.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2012 9:30 PM
Jul 2012
Taiga is so fucking cute, the way she said Ryuuji is mine! oh man..
Aug 21, 2012 9:41 AM
Jul 2012
Nice episode.
I like taiga stratgy.
Ami fanservice yes.
5/5
Aug 21, 2012 7:29 PM

May 2012
RYUJI is mine!!!! Lol.. and that is because he is her dog.. haha.. but that was the sweetest of all.

And I miss that passing the paper notes.. hehe. Reminds me of my elementary days :)
Sep 23, 2012 12:53 AM
Mar 2012
I really don't get last part after Taiga saved Ryuuji. She saved him, cried, asked everyone not to touch him and said ''he is mine''. She really sound like she was confessing to Ryuuji. But episode 9 turns out to be, like nothing had happened? What was going on? Can someone explain?
Nov 9, 2012 10:00 PM

Oct 2012
I love this series, but I am still a bit confused on how they squeezed out as many episodes as they did for something that should have been waaay simpler. Taiga obviously likes Ryuuji and he obviously reciprocates these feelings. TIA (This Is Anime).
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jan 11, 2013 1:54 AM

Feb 2011
Great scene at the end . Great anime .
Jun 18, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Another fun episode.

That scene with Taiga over Ryuuji was beautiful and heartwarming :)

By the way, did the "Hair's showing" mean what I think it did? I mean she looked down there...heh, that was kind of unexpected. I didn't expect them to imply something like this :D
RazielZeroJun 19, 2013 4:25 PM
Jul 15, 2013 1:06 AM

Jul 2013
"RYUUJI WA WATASHI NO DAAAAAAAAAAA!!! DARE MO SAWARUN JANAAAAAAAAAAIIIIII *cries*"

My feelings for the anime in a nutshell.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jul 16, 2013 4:19 PM

May 2010
Loved this episode! I love those moments where you can see behind Ami's and Taiga's masks...

While Takasu's mom can be funny at times, it's also sad if you think about it..she really doesn't act like a mother to him, and it's no wonder he does all the cooking and cleaning, which is a nice subversion in of itself. :)
Sep 15, 2013 1:01 AM

Sep 2012
My My My Taiga, that was quite a nice public confession there, RYUJI is mine!!! :)

She's quite smart to hide it later with a line Hes my dog LOL
Sep 15, 2013 1:05 AM

Sep 2012
CheeFai said:
I really don't get last part after Taiga saved Ryuuji. She saved him, cried, asked everyone not to touch him and said ''he is mine''. She really sound like she was confessing to Ryuuji. But episode 9 turns out to be, like nothing had happened? What was going on? Can someone explain?

Simple, Taiga is Tsunderer & denies her feelings, she did with the last part in the end, when she say'd hes my dog, & RYUJI belived her, its so easy to understand
Sep 17, 2013 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
Man, it's a good thing that there was those umbrellas to take cover when it was raining, if they kept swimming in the rain they might have gotten wet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2013 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
Ami in a bikini <3
Dec 13, 2013 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
I guess only the Dragon can tame the Tiger. That was super cute when she screamed ''he's mine'' after he drowned. And yeah, that was pretty sad that nobody gave a fuck that he was drowning. Well, I guess next episode will be a beach one, no anime can escape this cliche :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 20, 2013 11:20 PM
Nov 2013
Nice episode, but Ryuuji's cluelessness is starting to get on my nerves. Beginning of the final pool scene was funny, but as some others have said how it ended up seemed a bit out of character for Taiga.
Dec 24, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
oooo summer vacation.

trust
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 6, 2014 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
"Your hair is showing" LOL and then Taiga even takes her bra XD Ami has some nice boobs... I'm so sorry.

Next ep. should be interesting.
Jan 27, 2014 9:34 PM

Feb 2011
chibuki said:

Much kudos to Kugimiya Rie here. She brings her A+++ game working as Taiga, delivering emotional moments like no American voice actors can. "RYUUJI WA WATASHI NO DAAAAAAAAAAA!!! DARE MO SAWARUN JANAAAAAAAAAAIIIIII *cries*"

While I agree that it was an emotionally chilling performance that felt authentic or at the very least grasps attention in a good way, you should probably keep your weeaboo bullshit to yourself.
May 19, 2014 1:08 AM
Jan 2012
"Ryuuji is mine. Nobody else touch him". So adorable.

Taiga was such a cheater in the competition haha, but Ami deserved that for being the devil.
Oct 18, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
Taiga is clearly falling for Ryuuji, this is the first step I think.
Nov 16, 2014 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
That was unexpected.
For once, it was the MC guy that almost drowned.
Well, it was a good closure.
Dec 16, 2014 3:51 PM

Nov 2012
"Ryuuji is mine!"

Taiga starting to realize/somewhat aware she likes Ryuuji,now how long with it take before he catches on?
Jan 2, 2015 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
Aw man, I would have preferred Vale Tudo over Swimming XD

I died when Taiga removed Ami's bikini top. Serves you right, bitch!

Glad to see Inko-chan's not dead!

enkil said:
lol

SaveTheAralSeaJan 2, 2015 12:18 AM
Feb 22, 2015 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
SaveTheAralSea said:
Aw man, I would have preferred Vale Tudo over Swimming XD
+1. But then I've always been a fan of martial-arts.
I died when Taiga removed Ami's bikini top. Serves you right, bitch!
AlexSadist-sama said:
Taiga pulling off Ami's bra, I didn't expect that, but then again it IS Taiga after all. Really awesome stuff so far.
There is only one word for it:

EPIC.

Minagatachi said:
Man, it's a good thing that there was those umbrellas to take cover when it was raining, if they kept swimming in the rain they might have gotten wet.
SaveTheAralSea said:
enkil said:
lol

Sugram22 said:
My My My Taiga, that was quite a nice public confession there, RYUJI is mine!!! :)

She's quite smart to hide it later with a line Hes my dog LOL
minouneetzoe said:
I guess only the Dragon can tame the Tiger. That was super cute when she screamed ''he's mine'' after he drowned.
I
fucking
squeed.

There's only one thing this series needs after that, and I already know it's coming. Well, not counting the yuri ship that I know isn't going to materialize. And no, I don't mean any particular couple.
And yeah, that was pretty sad that nobody gave a fuck that he was drowning.
You'd think at least one of the other girls might dive in after him! o.O What, is Ami so hawt that not even any of them can't take their eyes off her? And you mean to tell me there isn't at least one gay guy in there? Tch!

...Actually, no, there is one other thing the series needs: Someone (preferably Ryūji) giving Taiga a damn hug! Mō, mattaku!
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Feb 22, 2015 1:04 AM

Nov 2014
Taiga! omg omg YES YOU FINALLY CONFESSED YOUR FEELINGS FOR RYUJI.

And you JUST HAD to change the meaning of them at the end? Girl, we gotta work on your game. You love him. even I can see this.

I know that Taiga, genuinely has love for Ryuji. If you can't see it in this episode, keep watching. they are getting closer and closer to each other. At first I even though Taiga had come prepare to give ami the ass whipping she deserved. That would've been nice. And, while ami may have the looks and everything to give any guy in that school boners for before and after school specials, I don't really feel that she is the type of girl that Ryuji would even go after. He's ignored all of her advances towards him.

I really liked that Taiga,to get a head start on things yoinked off the bikini top. She was determined to not let Ami get to Ryuji. And I feel by the scene end, Ami realized that she had no chance of getting with him. The way she screamed at everyone basically to fuck off, not to touch him, showed she really cared for him. she does things in her own way. And Ryuji respects that very much.

two pieces that i liked included also Torpedo Taiga. where she just got a kicking start and power paddled through the pool like it was nothing.
The second piece was where she raged and did a complete table flip/kick. You have angered the tiger. Please be careful from now on.

NOT ONE OF YOU LITTLE SHITS WENT TO GO SAVE HIM? REALLY. PISS OFF YOU LOT. SOME FRIENDS AND OR CLASSMATES YOU ARE.
LadyDisraeliFeb 22, 2015 1:23 AM
Feb 22, 2015 1:09 AM

Aug 2014
LadyDisraeli said:
The second piece was where she raged and did a complete table flip/kick. You have angered the tiger. Please be careful from now on.
I wonder how many people noticed one of her lines near the end of that scene: "I don't know."

She admitted that she doesn't know what she wants.

That's a big deal. Unfortunately, Ryūji's either too cowardly or too uncertain of things to try and help her figure it out.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
May 12, 2015 4:00 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I don't get why she always miss the chance to have some time with Kitamura (Talking about Taiga) ôo

May 12, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
This series is showing more and more signs of going the Ryuuji x Taiga route and I DON'T LIKE IT.

Ami is haaaawwwwt.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 13, 2015 6:24 AM

Jan 2014
Taiga was so cute again <3
Jul 30, 2015 7:37 PM
Jul 2015
that Royalty free chariots of fire made my day.
HHrocker
Sep 4, 2015 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
lol, dat Vangelis-like Chariots of Fire music when Taiga was training :D

Great episode, Taiga finally confessed... in her own way of course :)
It was kinda obvious she couldn't win from a start but feelz were there and it was still one of the best episode so far anyway.
Sep 7, 2015 5:24 PM

Nov 2014
TAIGA SAID IT! <3 THE FEELS
Hi there
Dec 7, 2015 4:17 PM
Dec 2015
This episode made so much more sense when I was watching this anime for the second time. I don't want to overstep my bounds by saying or hinting at anything, but I will say that this episode confused me for most of the following episodes. It took me a bit to figure out but, well... Taiga's "HE'S MINE!" exclamation tells you more about Taiga than it does about hers and Ryuu's progressing relationship.

What I came to understand is that Taiga is extremely emotional, as we are shown in almost every other scene without fail since episode 1. Because of that, she is sometimes confused by her feelings and can't control herself during intense situations. She still hasn't realized it, but she's been developing some strong feelings for Ryuu ever since she tried to give him amnesia. When Taiga saw Ryuu in trouble, those emotions were switched into overdrive, and Taiga was thrown into a great deal of shock.

Everything that she did from the point where she saw Ryuu get into trouble to the point where she appeared to claim him as her own was all done on an impulse. It was all done to build up a sense of dramatic irony in order to add to the story something known to the audience but unknown to the characters. In other words, the writer wants you to know that Taiga's feelings for Ryuu are definitely growing, but she is so unbelievably confused by it all that she still doesn't realize it. At least, that's what I got from this whole thing.
Dec 8, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
I couldn't stop laughing at the whole Taiga and Ami scenes, then I felt chills when Taiga screamed 'He's mine!' Great episode.
Dec 14, 2015 3:39 PM
Jul 2014
LOL, I wonder if Ryuuji Takasu's favorite song isn't I wanna be your dog from The Stoogies?!?
Dec 14, 2015 3:42 PM
Jul 2014
Hahahahaha, and the answer came just at the beginning of episode 9! LOL
Mar 23, 2016 1:56 AM

Feb 2016
Does ami like ryuuji?
Jun 23, 2016 1:59 PM
Mar 2015
Famous last words written on Taiga's tombstone:

"Ryuuji is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!"
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.