Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2012 3:26 PM
Sep 2012
The beginning was good. Fight was shit.

Kirito suddenly resurrected to become God in ALO to defeat Sugou. LAME.
Dec 15, 2012 3:27 PM

Nov 2007
But I have to say, the BDs will sell like crazy with what has been captured in this show and particularly in this episode. Expecting reanimation for certain frames of this episode!

Asuna no kami wa jama desu! If you know what it means. So yeah, thumbs up for the animators to plan ahead to make some good money out of this show!

Some nice screencaps and gifs from this episode:
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2012 3:28 PM

Sep 2012
Scoops said:
Why would Kirto put the "Pain absorb-thingy" on level 0? That was just bad manners.

He was just trying to be a bad-ass in front of Asuna.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Dec 15, 2012 3:28 PM
Oct 2012
_Hades_ said:
The rape part reminded me of Berserk... its good that kirito gave that bastard what he deserved. Overall i liked this episode.

I have a question to those who did read the novels: From which novel and which chapter do i have to start reading to continue the story ?

The two novels comprising of GGO - in English called Phantom Bullet. The series covered the first SAO novel, the first side story collection, and the two issues of ALO called Fairy Dance.
Dec 15, 2012 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Prick is dead. FINALLY. I wanted to rage so bad during the almost-rape scene. Didn't really care for Asuna's character, but i hate perverted pedophiles. Kirito did the right thing by cutting him into pieces. I hate it when the hero tries to be noble and just slashes him once.
Good job, Kirito. :I

This episode was entertaining, although it did not make up for the rest of the crap early on. And it ends next week!
Dec 15, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
Vyudali said:
Prick is dead. FINALLY. I wanted to rage so bad during the almost-rape scene. Didn't really care for Asuna's character, but i hate perverted pedophiles. Kirito did the right thing by cutting him into pieces. I hate it when the hero tries to be noble and just slashes him once.

This episode was entertaining, although it did not make up for the rest of the crap early on. And it ends next week!

No? He died in-game, yes. But what about IRL?!?!?!!?!?!?
Dec 15, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
Scoops said:
Vyudali said:

He is completely paralyzed from under his neck in real life. Since it was level zero, it had a toll in his physical body. Or something I would think would have happened to him. That would be sweet.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2012 3:35 PM

Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
_Hades_ said:
The rape part reminded me of Berserk... its good that kirito gave that bastard what he deserved. Overall i liked this episode.

I have a question to those who did read the novels: From which novel and which chapter do i have to start reading to continue the story ?

The two novels comprising of GGO - in English called Phantom Bullet. The series covered the first SAO novel, the first side story collection, and the two issues of ALO called Fairy Dance.

Thanks.
Sep 2012
Why do people not seem to understand that Kirito didn't leave those 300 SAO players there, he disconnected everyone from the server. This includes them. Also (and this isn't even spoiler worthy) SUGOU IS NOT DEAD. This isn't SAO this is ALO, dieing in game does not kill you IRL. They have shown this repeatedly. Come on people it's not difficult XD.

Apr 2012
Scoops said:
Why would Kirto put the "Pain absorb-thingy" on level 0? That was just bad manners.

Well pain absorb starts to effect your physical body on level 2 or lower and after seeing Asuna being molested he said he wanted to kill him. This is probably the closest thing to killing him. He'll probably suffer some trauma in the real world.

Dec 15, 2012 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
1 more fucking week. Although if the world really ends on the 21st then we won't have to watch it.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 15, 2012 3:40 PM

Apr 2011
Loved it... Such a badass episode, creepy in parts, but really badass. I loved how he summoned Excalibur then handed it over... Pain level 0, OP.
Dec 15, 2012 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
I thought the LN for SAO was okay at best

Dec 15, 2012 3:42 PM

Apr 2011
Well that was a shitty fight but good to see Asuna and Kirito together.
Next week we shall find out if SAO as a decent ending.
Dec 15, 2012 3:43 PM
Oct 2012
DarthAbysius said:
Why do people not seem to understand that Kirito didn't leave those 300 SAO players there, he disconnected everyone from the server. This includes them. Also (and this isn't even spoiler worthy) SUGOU IS NOT DEAD. This isn't SAO this is ALO, dieing in game does not kill you IRL. They have shown this repeatedly. Come on people it's not difficult XD.

But then they would be thinking for themselves and if they were capable of doing that they wouldn't be here bitching about how everything wasn't being spoon-fed to them....

Of course what you said is accurate, if Asuna can leave they can all leave, and even if someone wanted to argue that they were in a different situations and still there, Kirito would need to have Asuna to have the proof necessary to go to the police in order to free them. I am pretty sure this was covered back in episode 15 or 16 to explain why Kirito didn't then go to the police.
Dec 15, 2012 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
Hikarusuke said:

what fight?

Dec 15, 2012 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
Best gif i ever made.
Dec 15, 2012 3:46 PM
Dec 2012
Not seeing the Deus Ex in Kayaba arriving. From the moment they said he went missing, you knew he would pop up again.

Otherwise, great episode. I didn't like the fight, but it wouldn't be realistic for Sugou to know how to fight when he has no experience notable in the game or out.
Dec 15, 2012 3:47 PM

Jun 2012
Kayaba Akihiko... WHAT A FUKING BEASTTT
Dec 15, 2012 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
that's so very cool when sugou feel the pain at Lv. 0

i think i'll watch that part a few more times.. lol
Dec 15, 2012 3:48 PM

Apr 2011
As for me, this show is a clear 10. I've fully enjoyed EVERY episode. And this is why I watch SAO.

I love it how haters come in and cry about ALO :) You poor things, there is actually help, it's called ~stop watching the show~

Cheers
Dec 15, 2012 3:49 PM
Feb 2011
Stop talking about other anime/manga/light novels, bros and sis' ! It's annoying to see you uselessly comparing them...

I would have liked to watch Sugou being cut into even more tinier pieces, he would have deserved it.
I can only hope, he'll get arrested for eternity IRL and like sb. said before, that he can't move his body anymore due to the aftereffects =)
Dec 15, 2012 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
Waiting for "Crawling" vids. ( •_•)
Dec 15, 2012 3:52 PM

Feb 2012
So in the end, the main bad guy didn't even know how to fight, he was just relying on his GM powers.

Lol.
Dec 15, 2012 3:53 PM
Dec 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
I am actually speechless.

This show is just so... so... DAMN. This transcends even Guilty Crown... What the hell were the staff and the creator smoking?

Bro, come over here, We got a campfire for Speechless folks.

Sep 2012
Well that was a horrible fight to end the series. But I legit have a few questions.

How was Kirito able to use someone else's ID?

How was Kirito alive even though a sword was in his chest for at least 5 minutes?

How did Sugou not die instantly with Kirito's first attack? I mean he was Level 1, he wouldn't have enough HP to survive that many attacks.

Scoops said:
Best gif i ever made.

Love this gif, Sugou is the best!

Jan 2009
Sugou felt the pain even with his physical body in real life lol badass Pain Absorber is set to zero
Dec 15, 2012 3:54 PM
Sep 2009
Well that was an alright episode. I was expecting more but i guess the fight was appropriate. I felt more captivated by Kirito's other fights than the one with Sugou.
Dec 15, 2012 3:55 PM

Feb 2012
shanimebib said:
Scoops said:
Vyudali said:

He is completely paralyzed from under his neck in real life. Since it was level zero, it had a toll in his physical body. Or something I would think would have happened to him. That would be sweet.
I was about to reply that i only cared about in-game at the time, but knowing this just makes it all the more sweet. I forgot about the physical repercussions with level 3 and below.
I was actually wondering about the fact that he could just run and take Asuna from the hospital or something after he died, while Kirito was having nice little get-togethers with everyone.
Dec 15, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2012
Raikozen said:

Scoops said:
Best gif i ever made.

Thanks for your appreciation. Don't we all love him? <333333
Dec 15, 2012 3:59 PM
Oct 2012
Raikozen said:
Well that was a horrible fight to end the series. But I legit have a few questions.

How was Kirito alive even though a sword was in his chest for at least 5 minutes?

How did Sugou not die instantly with Kirito's first attack? I mean he was Level 1, he wouldn't have enough HP to survive that many attacks.

Those are very good questions.

The first is explained in the novel, Kayaba gave him the password as well as the ID, they skipped it in the animation.

Two and three weren't specifically explained in the novel, but Kirito sort of explains it: Sugou as admin didn't want Kirito to disappear too quickly; and then when it was Kirito's turn as admin, he returned the favor. In the novel Kirito mentions that he wouldn't put Sugou out of his misery because he hadn't suffered enough for what he did to Asuna, this would imply the answer above.
Dec 15, 2012 4:02 PM
Oct 2012
Vyudali said:
I was actually wondering about the fact that he could just run and take Asuna from the hospital or something after he died, while Kirito was having nice little get-togethers with everyone.

Wait to next week, all will be explained.
Dec 15, 2012 4:04 PM

May 2010
wow watching THIS episode out of curiosity made me realize how lucky i am for dropping it on Episode 14 ^^.

i cant believe ppl still watch and actually LIKE this garbage :D

my rating 3/10 was spot on. VERY BAD.
Dec 15, 2012 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
Zeally said:
Hikarusuke said:

what fight?

You know the one that was only 30 seconds long, I think that might of been more an asskicking.
Dec 15, 2012 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
Kerozinn said:
wow watching THIS episode out of curiosity made me realize how lucky i am for dropping it on Episode 14 ^^.

i still watch this garbage but i don't like it :D

Dec 15, 2012 4:08 PM

Jan 2012
The first arc was really addicting for some reason, and that addiction to it has hidden some of the flaws of this show... anyway, it got worse and worse during this second arc...
Dec 15, 2012 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
Kerozinn said:

Because it won't be bad when you skip nine episodes of plot development, explanations, and set up. You should obviously be able to understand and appreciate everything going on jumping into the finale.
obviously.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 4:12 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, this episode and I thought the first arc's ending couldn't get any worse.
Dec 15, 2012 4:13 PM
Oct 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
ssjokg said:
To be honest I dont remember any foreshadowing about Kayaba AI version even in the LN.Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship yeah but I think that the "I turned my brain into an AI lol" wasnt foreshadowed anywhere.

Take the points: SAO could interface with ALO, that one could transfer an AI from SAO to ALO, that they could trap people's brain waves and do experiments on them suggested that a copy could be made, the fact that Sugou (a cheaper copy of Kayaba) thinking he could become a god means that anything he could think of Kayaba already did.

The point of foreshadowing isn't to indicate what the climax is going to be (that would make the story boring), but when it occurs you can look back and say, ah, yeah okay, there were clues pointing that way.

Which goes back to my first point: one may think that this was a bad ending or whatever, but it wasn't a deus ex machina. Kawahara obviously planned this from the beginning and gave some hints. The adequacy of the hints can be debated.

It was also mentioned in the LN that Kayaba still hasn't been caught, so it was obvious that he would make an appearance somehow/be relevant again.
Dec 15, 2012 4:14 PM

Apr 2012
-Quasar said:
Wow, this episode and I thought the first arc's ending couldn't get any worse.

i thought the same LOL XD

Aug 2012
I found the episode pretty funny lol, especially Sugou. And I'm looking forward to the final ep quite a bit.
Sep 2011
well the villain got slained, asuna got laid and kirito got overpowered again, all well that ends well.

maybe i will add a little omake/joke

Jul 2012
whatever123456 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
ssjokg said:
To be honest I dont remember any foreshadowing about Kayaba AI version even in the LN.Sugou's and Kayaba's relationship yeah but I think that the "I turned my brain into an AI lol" wasnt foreshadowed anywhere.

Take the points: SAO could interface with ALO, that one could transfer an AI from SAO to ALO, that they could trap people's brain waves and do experiments on them suggested that a copy could be made, the fact that Sugou (a cheaper copy of Kayaba) thinking he could become a god means that anything he could think of Kayaba already did.

The point of foreshadowing isn't to indicate what the climax is going to be (that would make the story boring), but when it occurs you can look back and say, ah, yeah okay, there were clues pointing that way.

Which goes back to my first point: one may think that this was a bad ending or whatever, but it wasn't a deus ex machina. Kawahara obviously planned this from the beginning and gave some hints. The adequacy of the hints can be debated.

It was also mentioned in the LN that Kayaba still hasn't been caught, so it was obvious that he would make an appearance somehow/be relevant again.

Wasn't he killed?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
whatever123456 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
ssjokg said:

Oh.I thought that he had been reported dead.I probably mixed the parts in the LN.
Dec 15, 2012 4:15 PM
Sep 2012
Aaand one more episode to go.
Curious on how fans are gonna react when their favourite anime has finally ended. Poorly i assume.
Decent episode, not bad nor good.
Dec 15, 2012 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Raikozen said:

Those are very good questions.

The first is explained in the novel, Kayaba gave him the password as well as the ID, they skipped it in the animation.

Two and three weren't specifically explained in the novel, but Kirito sort of explains it: Sugou as admin didn't want Kirito to disappear too quickly; and then when it was Kirito's turn as admin, he returned the favor. In the novel Kirito mentions that he wouldn't put Sugou out of his misery because he hadn't suffered enough for what he did to Asuna, this would imply the answer above.

Thanks for answering.

Lonestar91 said:

maybe i will add a little omake/joke

Hahahahahaha, Kirito is just getting some action before he returns to Asuna.
Dec 15, 2012 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
I thought it was a great episode. Seeing Asuna and Kirito reunited felt good and also it was enjoyable to see that annoying bastard being cut to pieces. Looking forward to last episode.

Dec 15, 2012 4:30 PM

Nov 2011
At the end when he was hugging Suguha and we got that nice ass shot all I thought was "Grab the ass grab the ass grab the ass!" lol
No asses were grabbed. :(
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 15, 2012 4:40 PM
Oct 2012
Raikozen said:

Scoops said:
Best gif i ever made.

First two have already been explained, Kirito didn't set Sugou's level to 1 (there are no player levels in ALO, remember?) but his admin authority level. He's taking away his admin rights and it should have been fairly obvious from the events in the anime (Sugou unable to use any commands).
Dec 15, 2012 4:42 PM

Apr 2009
Tyrel said:

What covers are you even talking about? I hope you know he was giving an example and regarding it to the show itself.

I mean the production values: The only things where both titles somehow excel at are background animation, music and - somtimes - voice acting. Cosmetic categories that can not hide the horrible plot and the abyssmal character development and interaction.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.