Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2012 2:18 PM

Nov 2007
Did anyone else laughed their asses off while watching some parts of this episode? I did.

Overall, I would say the episode was good. Great to see Kirito and Asuna reuniting, maybe because I am a sucker of romance in general, Yui smiles in the end was good and Sugu accepting things as they are and is happy for Kirito kind of ended her role in the anime.

Well anyways, my overall rating for the anime will remain at 6/10 unless they miraculously save this anime in the final episode. The World Seed? Well yeah, let's see what they have in their bag. I doubt it will be something as grand as Zero Requiem which forced me to bump my rating at the very end.

The only redeeming feature of this anime has been the animation quality of the virtual world environment and the surroundings. Gave off a great feeling almost makes one to experience worlds such as SAO and ALO. The character designs have been really good, but the characters ruined the show.

Comparing the anime to Accel World (since they are kinda linked, as the author of the novels is the same guy), that anime actually started average, and ended up being a bit more than average. This however, started grandly, then went on to take a downward spiral ride to become a useless show.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2012 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
I can't tell which is the bigger ass pull
ass pull ending for SAO (Kirito resurrects himself after dying)
ass pull ending for ALO (Kirito becomes admin out of no where)

VOTE NOW!

Dec 15, 2012 2:21 PM
Dec 2012
QuiGonJon said:
Zeally said:
Theodoricos said:
Why is everyone really comparing .hack//SIGN to SAO all of a sudden, when they're two very different anime, even if they share the similarity of a virtual MMORPG involved.

.hack//SIGN is a psychological anime that's actually deep and puts an emphasis on character development and interaction, along with elements of mystery. Just because it doesn't have fast pacing or doesn't contain a whole lot of action doesn't mean it's bad - it means it's different than what you might be looking for, and it'd be a different anime if it was action-oriented like SAO is instead.

I'm comparing SAO to Guilty Crown the worst animes in the history of recent anime history :D

Worse than Highschool DxD? Worse than Girls und Panzer? Worse than *insert any other anime similar to these released over the past year here*?
you are not being fair here. People watch Highschool DxD, Girls und Panzer for specific fetish. I watched Highschool DxD, because I knew that it was going to be half assed story with a lot of boobs and shit. It was. People watch Girls und Panzer because its a show for moe otaku/tank fetish lovers. People watch Love to-ru for boob flashing. These shows are honest to hell and I respect that and rate my reviews accordingly to that honesty.

SAO? I don't know. I watch it for...drama, incest, harem, ecchi but none of them are done right...then there is the story...I don't know...the story is weak as hell as wel and resort to fast-pull deus ex machina. It sets for an epic fight, only to end in a shit. Ambitious, like K, but falls EXTREMELY short. SAO is a pretentious piece of shit that tries to be everything, tries to please everyone, tries to be more than what it is not. This episode just did it. I am raging. Jesus.
UmeharuDec 15, 2012 2:25 PM
Dec 15, 2012 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
Theodoricos said:
Lang said:

Have you played the games?

No, I haven't. My knowledge of the .hack universe is pretty much limited to .hack//SIGN alone, and that particular anime was all that I felt interested in anyway, after seeing and hearing about what else was there.

If you played the games, then you would probably expected more from the anime. In the games, the story goes a lot deeper. I think Bee Train killed the anime.
Dec 15, 2012 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
EstelleBright said:
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:
You know...this whole episode is like the guy's version of a sailor moon finale.
inb4 sailor moon isnt shit

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
shanimebib said:
Did anyone else laughed their asses off while watching some parts of this episode? I did.

So much.

Zeally said:

VOTE NOW!

Kirito never died in SAO during the last fight, he 'died' after. The scene showing him die was one of those 'what would of happened' scenes that he was thinking in his head, kind of like those 'your life flashes before your eyes' scene. Maybe he had like Lv1 foresight or something.

But to chose, obviously this ending.
Dec 15, 2012 2:23 PM
Jul 2012
I can't believe it's ending, so sad...
Dec 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
shanimebib said:

Overall, I would say the episode was good. Great to see Kirito and Asuna reuniting, maybe because I am a sucker of romance in general, Yui smiles in the end was good and Sugu accepting things as they are and is happy for Kirito kind of ended her role in the anime.

Well anyways, my overall rating for the anime will remain at 6/10 unless they miraculously save this anime in the final episode. The World Seed? Well yeah, let's see what they have in their bag. I doubt it will be something as grand as Zero Requiem which forced me to bump my rating at the very end.

The only redeeming feature of this anime has been the animation quality of the virtual world environment and the surroundings. Gave off a great feeling almost makes one to experience worlds such as SAO and ALO. The character designs have been really good, but the characters ruined the show.

Comparing the anime to Accel World (since they are kinda linked, as the author of the novels is the same guy), that anime actually started average, and ended up being a bit more than average. This however, started grandly, then went on to take a downward spiral ride to become a useless show.

SAO cannot be saved because it follows the light novel.
Dec 15, 2012 2:24 PM

May 2012
kirito and yui reunited with asuna
sugou got trashed
asuna is set free
kirito is going to visit her
his sister stopped being annoying for an entire episode
what do you guys want more to be satisfied? jfc
i loved this episode
Dec 15, 2012 2:25 PM

Jul 2008
Paul said:
shanimebib said:

So much.

Zeally said:

VOTE NOW!

Kirito never died in SAO during the last fight, he 'died' after. The scene showing him die was one of those 'what would of happened' scenes that he was thinking in his head, kind of like those 'your life flashes before your eyes' scene.. Maybe he had like Lv1 foresight or something.

But obviously this ending.

Though, the SAO fight really is an ass pull since Kirito manage to stab Heathcliff after reaching 0 HP and still not disappear
Dec 15, 2012 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
Paul said:
shanimebib said:

So much.

Zeally said:

VOTE NOW!

Kirito never died in SAO during the last fight, he 'died' after. The scene showing him die was one of those 'what would of happened' scenes that he was thinking in his head, kind of like those 'your life flashes before your eyes' scene. Maybe he had like Lv1 foresight or something.

eh he was re-materializing though :\

Dec 15, 2012 2:35 PM

Jan 2008
Zeally said:
Paul said:
shanimebib said:

So much.

Zeally said:

VOTE NOW!

eh he was re-materializing though :

As Lang mentioned above, he pretty much pulled his plot armor and beat Heathcliff while having zero HP.
Dec 15, 2012 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
Paul said:
shanimebib said:

So much.

Sugou was so hilarious I couldn't help but laugh.
Dec 15, 2012 2:39 PM

May 2011
And just when I thought this bull shit couldn't get any more bull shittier. Why the hell is Kirito so overpowered? Yell, play music, and charge in headfirst without thinking automatically gives him everything he needs, even getting past admin or GM powers? The hell?

So close to an NTR... So damn close. I was enjoying every moment of seeing Kirito get his panties in a bunch as Sugou was licking Asuna.

Al well. Rage aside, I enjoyed the SAO arc, but not this ALO arc. The only highlights were Sugu and this almost NTR.
Dec 15, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Sorry, I couldn't resist after seeing that scene (pic inside)

The episode itself was alright.
This anime may suck in others eyes, but it still certainly beats anything I've watched recently (and I mostly watch plotless shows full of fanservice). It's a nice change for me.
Dec 15, 2012 2:40 PM

Jan 2009
I just remembered how much I hate Sugou.
And it feels just as good when Kirito slices him up as it did when I first read it.

And good thing that they left some good stuff for the last episode. ( ¬‿¬)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 15, 2012 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
I was entertained. Ending a bit anti climatic but obvious that main NTR villain was a actual noob at the ending.

As for people who watched and raged. Why go through the masochism? Its like a fire - its hurts so don't touch it, so why are you touching?
Dec 15, 2012 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Setsuna200 said:
THat Fairy king need to die. He was a real bastard

With pain reception being set to 0, he'll probably wake up as a raving lunatic.
Critic.
Dec 15, 2012 2:47 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
i want Kirito to brutally murder Sugou in real would.
Dec 15, 2012 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
vaikepois said:

Not gonna happen. I was hoping Asuna getting raped, having Sugou's kid, and marrying Kirito for a non-cliche ending
Dec 15, 2012 2:50 PM

Dec 2010
Holy shit that Sugou guy is such a bastard. Did he just rip off the top part of her dress like that!? Fucking bitch!

I would kill this bastard in real ilfe if he ever did that to someone I loved.

Lol @ that deus ex machina. How fucking embarassing for Sugou.

Thank god the voice actor is good. Sugou was crying like a genuine bitch.

ROFL!! IMPALED FACE FIRST.

So Asuna's finally saved. What the hell is that Seed thing Kayaba gave to Kirito? Hm..

Sugu...dat ass.

Man I was really hoping to see Asuna in the real world. Now I gotta wait for the finale.

Dec 15, 2012 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
vaikepois said:

And end up being in behind bars? lol. I know why you would want that but your thought process is nice if you hate Kirito so much. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2012 2:53 PM
Sep 2011
vaikepois said:

It's still not over yet...
Dec 15, 2012 2:53 PM

Aug 2009
Lol. A repeat to what happened to Dusk Taker in Accel World. The author sure loves that kind of scene, doesn't he?
Dec 15, 2012 2:54 PM
Oct 2012
Was just watching the download, missed something when I watch the stream. Sugou's line "Yappari, NPC woman can't make that face" really explains Sugou in a nutshell.
Dec 15, 2012 2:57 PM

Oct 2010
Because why not.

I'll feel bad next week giving this anime a 5, but I can't deny them the animation and soundtrack.
Dec 15, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
I would have wanted the scene where he takes off for the hospital to see Asuna to be more emotionally charged, like waking up, and rushing out of the house with only a quick word to Suguha while overfly plays.

Still good though, I'm expecting more emotion in episode 25.
Critic.

Sep 2011
Wow, this was one of the worst things I've ever seen. If it wasn't for Yui, this episode would have had nothing for me.
Dec 2012
shanimebib said:
Umeharu said:
Dude, believe me. I watched this anime for the possibility of seinen and genuine storytelling skills. The said themes are just my way of saying that SAO doesn't do justice for any of those themes and fails miserably. That's why I said you are not being fair since you compared those three shows. You weren't being fair and you still aren't. Some shows don't try to be more than it is, SAO did and its pretentious as hell. As for lowering my expectation, I LOWERED my expectation to the extreme bottom by mid season. It became pretty clear that this show wasn't going to be anything. I only continued to watch it for the lulz. I pretty much laughed my way through incest arc and didn't take it seriously whatsoever. In the end, I did expect it to fail. But the way it failed was so miserable and mishandled that I can't forgive it. rage inducing materials are just sad excuse for storytelling.

This was my best pick for random lolz. Gotta give credit where it's due. :)
It was my bad ;_; I still feel bad about it. I edited to explain myself better ;_;
Dec 15, 2012 3:03 PM
Apr 2010
Heeeeellllooooo Sadism. Talk about shock value. I guess they were betting on that ending. Oh well. It's over now. It's over!
Dec 15, 2012 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
One of the funniest parts of this episode is when Kirito kills Sugou and then goes to free Asuna. Asuna then totally disregards the fact that
1.) Kirito just murdered someone and
2.) What about the other 300 SAO players?

Regardless Great Episode!

Dec 15, 2012 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
pilipino101 said:
Heeeeellllooooo Sadism. Talk about shock value. I guess they were betting on that ending. Oh well. It's over now. It's over!

OH LAWD THANK YOU GAWD!!!!!!!!! WE ARE FREE AT LAST FREEEEE AT LEAST (MLK)

Dec 15, 2012 3:05 PM
Sep 2012
This was a great episode IMO. Although I'm sorta surprised at how they presented the Sugou vs Kirito fight, it was far more...... brutal than every other fight in the series. I know it was supposed to be that way, and there were reasons it was so brutal and such but DAMN caught me by surprise(especially kirito impaling Sugou IN THE FACE, which was awesome). All in all, thoroughly satisfied, can't wait for next week.

Sep 2012
i dont even know what i just watched. i thought they ripped that ntr scene straight outta berserk

and the way Kirito killed Sugou was kinda creepy...like something you would read in Berserk

Jul 2012
Niko-kun said:
I would have wanted the scene where he takes off for the hospital to see Asuna to be more emotionally charged, like waking up, and rushing out of the house with only a quick word to Suguha while overfly plays.

Ikr?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I love how wretched and sick mind people have on comment sections.
They watch anime(or not), and then flame the anime and abuse it much as possible in front of people who love this anime.
I presonally watch almost all anime. There are anime i dont like that much, but i dont start abusing it. I just point out what i didnt like in a neutral way to avoid conflicts. Nor i never think "this anime is better than 1 of the other titles". Cuz there isnt "better" and "worse" anime. Everything is up to a personal tastes.

Basically - If you dont like anime, then dont watch it nor abuse it in front of the people who loved series.
If you dont like something. Then you mix it with comment and point it out in neutral way why exactly you didnt like it. (which means something that wont start argument)

-.- Now why the hell did i post this comment? NO IDEA. Since noone will ever bother reacting to stuff like that...

-.-... and thats why i hate people.... selfish.. so selfish..

Sep 2010
Man. I loved this anime and this episode.. I'm just a sucker for a happy ending though... Which if you aren't, why bother watching?
I think Sugou is actually a really amazing villain. He makes you hate him, which is kind of the whole point of being a -villian-.

I mean, maybe almost raping Asuna is a wee bit too much, but it just adds the the story and why Kirito is able to get up in my opinion..

Personally I do not see anything wrong with this anime other than the first 5 or 6 episodes of rushed action, so I'll love it even through all the ore cliche bits. Agree to disagree I guess

Jun 2009
Messingo said:
One of the funniest parts of this episode is when Kirito kills Sugou and then goes to free Asuna. Asuna then totally disregards the fact that

Please let's not count amount of plotholes, swiss cheese is not even close.
Dec 15, 2012 3:08 PM

Feb 2012
mmm Torture is good kirito should have ripped off each of his limbs then he should have ripped out his spine

Just saying
Dec 15, 2012 3:08 PM
Sep 2012
Messingo said:

Regardless Great Episode!

Well to point out a few things: a) He didn't kill Sugou this is ALO remember, and even if he did it's not like it's the first time he has killed someone
b) Remember when he logged out and it said it would close the servers? That means it kicked everyone and shut the servers down. Basically he intentially initiated a server crash, which (in laymans terms) told every connected computer to fuck right off.
DarthAbysiusDec 15, 2012 3:36 PM
Dec 15, 2012 3:09 PM

May 2011
That was a nice ending. It's always a satisfying experience seeing assholes get beat like that. ^^
Dec 15, 2012 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
Arqentum said:
Messingo said:

Please let's not count amount of plotholes, swiss cheese is not even close.

nice analogy :D

Dec 15, 2012 3:11 PM

Sep 2010
vaikepois said:
I love how wretched and sick mind people have on comment sections.
They watch anime(or not), and then flame the anime and abuse it much as possible in front of people who love this anime.
I presonally watch almost all anime. There are anime i dont like that much, but i dont start abusing it. I just point out what i didnt like in a neutral way to avoid conflicts. Nor i never think "this anime is better than 1 of the other titles". Cuz there isnt "better" and "worse" anime. Everything is up to a personal tastes.

Basically - If you dont like anime, then dont watch it nor abuse it in front of the people who loved series.
If you dont like something. Then you mix it with comment and point it out in neutral way why exactly you didnt like it. (which means something that wont start argument)

-.- Now why the hell did i post this comment? NO IDEA. Since noone will ever bother reacting to stuff like that...

-.-... and thats why i hate people.... selfish.. so selfish..

Exactly. If you hate something, why watch it?
If you dislike it, then still.. why watch it?
If you love some of it and hate some of it, why not point out things you dislike in a mannerly way instead of "OMG WTF WAS THAT?? THIS ANIME SUCKS GODDAMN KIRITO UGH"
Dec 15, 2012 3:13 PM
Dec 2012
QuiGonJon said:

If you expected it to fail why did you come here to complain about it failing? You were "watching it for the lulz" then got mad at SAO when it was actually laughable (I even laughed at how over the top it was when he killed Sugou) Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems pretty self contradictory.

I picked those because someone said (don't know if it was you or not, this goes too far back) that SAO was the worst anime of the year. I just threw out some random title's that can't stand up against SAO.
You said you watch it for the incest, harem, and ecchi, then complained how they weren't doing those right. Doing those right wasn't really their plan.

I don't think its contradictory at all because I laughed at most of the SAO drama, due to their silliness, and this rage reaction is just another form of laughing at it. I had no words, no laughter by the end of this episode. I could find nothing to enjoy. It was pretty hallow.

As for what I said, I corrected myself in the last response. So I apologize if I caused you any misunderstanding.

Doing those right wasn't really their plan.

Yeah, but that wasn't my point. It didn't do anything right. For example, Love to-ru does ecchi extremely well. Its a masterpiece level of ecchi lolol.
Dec 15, 2012 3:16 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Kirito please kill Sugou in most brutal way possible IRL. Thank you.

Oh well was disturbing ep but im glad Asuna is saved. And kirito kissing Yui was adorable :D.

And..... since it wasnt final ep.. for some reason i have really bad feeling for the final ep T_T..
LunaDec 16, 2012 2:35 AM
Dec 15, 2012 3:24 PM
Oct 2010
I like how kirito logs out and leaves the rest of people there and the deus ex machina stuff wasn't surprising, I pretty much knew something ridiculous was going to happen to get him out of that.
Dec 15, 2012 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
Why would Kirto put the "Pain absorb-thingy" on level 0? That was just bad manners.
Dec 15, 2012 3:25 PM

Jul 2008
skudoops said:
I like how kirito logs out and leaves the rest of people there and the deus ex machina stuff wasn't surprising, I pretty much knew something ridiculous was going to happen to get him out of that.

Who da fuck care about the 300 other people?! We have Asuna!
Dec 15, 2012 3:26 PM
Dec 2012
Seriously, wtf is wrong with all of you. I made this account just to say this. SAO is one of the best animes you can watch. I always got excited when an episode of SAO came out.

I've watched animes like TTGL and Code geass. SAO might not be better than they were but it's a great anime.

PS Name some of the plot holes that are soooo important to the main story that you have to complain about them.
Dec 15, 2012 3:26 PM

Jul 2012
The rape part reminded me of Berserk... its good that kirito gave that bastard what he deserved. Overall i liked this episode.

I have a question to those who did read the novels: From which novel and which chapter do i have to start reading to continue the story ?
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.