Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 10, 2012 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
She didn't even get a kiss on the lips after all that? D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 12, 2012 2:38 AM

May 2012
I give it a 8/10 even though the last two episodes sorta sucked. I watched the english dub on netflix and the lip syncing was great all the way until here. Ignoring that though, the plot seemed to jump off a cliff.

Ayano bringing Kazuma back to his senses so easily was sort of lame and the fact that his awesome looking black wind was weak was annoying. Then when Lapis summons Belial, one contractor and two fire magic users finish it with one hit? That sucks. By the end everything started to feel extremley rushed and I wish they had made it 26 to flesh out certain details.

Still though, I enjoyed the ride and liked all of the main characters so I'll stick to the 8. Sucks that we'll never see a second season since the writer died and everything.
gettogaaraSep 12, 2012 2:45 AM
Sep 17, 2012 3:54 AM

Feb 2012
Got hooked to the anime, but wasn't too thrilled after watching the ending. The ending wasn't too bad nor grand. Left a lot of unresolved issues and room for a second season that wont ever happen. I was wondering though how Tsui Ling and Kazuma got kidnapped, or what led to Tsui Ling's sacrifice. If anybody knows this, please message me. I'm curious. It would also be great if they showed in the anime how Kazuma made a contract with the king of winds. Overall, 7.5/10.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Oct 5, 2012 9:02 PM
Jul 2009
overall the show was just alright but the romance was pretty lame. There wasn't even a kiss at the end. 7/10

Oct 8, 2012 10:41 AM

Sep 2010
The author died so 99% sure there won't be a season 2, it would be too disrespectful to continue a deceased authors work. Such an awesome anime left unfinished :(
Nov 21, 2012 3:33 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was really entertaining!!
To the point where Tsui Ling ( how ever you spell her name) said that that her last thoight was for Kazuma to die, I somehow felt that pain....poor Kazuma :( ( glad Ayano consoled Kazuma and she hugged her)
I thought the team work was great ( really wanted them Kazuma x Ayano to kiss) , when they were talking about the future and about protecting her and the others was sweet!!
Glad Ayano gots Kazuma's back, ( are they kissing yet) when he smelled her hair ?
Nope just smelled ( AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KISS ALREADY !!!)
Otherwise glad he did in episode 4 !!
Over all glad that it didn't end boring but a hint that they Kazu7ma and Ayano make a perfect couple!!!
Jan 3, 2013 10:28 AM

Jul 2012
I love how at the end its like a character reunion why cant all anime do that, its kind of cool even though some of them never talked too each other in the series they were all there at the end.
Jan 10, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2011
A pretty flat ending in my opinion. I felt that the entire show went downhill with this last arc. Everything was resolved and I was a left with a feeling of, "so what...?" Why were the bad guys bad? Why was Kazuma so angry? I didn't even get a kiss to satisfy the romance aspect of the anime.

6.5/10
Jan 11, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2012
You know the creator died before season 2, as far I Ive heard
Feb 13, 2013 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
Is the manga not way ahead of the anime? That seems to be the case most of the time...Shame the writer died. I was really enjoying this, but the thing with Tsui Ling left a bad taste in my mouth. Pretty horrifying thing that happened to her, and I don't even get to know why. Been driving me nuts, but I suppose I'll have to let it go.

I should really stop torturing myself with things that will never be finished (Rosario+Vampire, Highschool of the Dead, Air Gear..)
Mar 14, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
I...I want more :( That last scene made me remember how fun it was, and knowing that it'll never be finished sucks.
Mar 18, 2013 2:16 PM
Aug 2012
tht was an ok ending if only there cld be another season but there cant be

my heart droped when lapiz said lings last thoughts was that she wanted kasuma to die christ thts gotta hurt so much even thinking bout tht makes me insanly depressed

i kinda wish they showed there feelings with each other all though i dont think they did as i dont think kasuma loves ayano yet as he was still hooked up on ling but at the end of the series he leaves the past behind so he cld strt to love ayano.
Apr 10, 2013 1:54 AM

Dec 2012
6/10 because of the plotholes and unfinished ending. Sadly, the author has passed away so there is no chance for improvement in a second season. I did enjoy it a fair bit.
May 12, 2013 6:17 PM

Sep 2012
that ending huh...but this was really good...too bad it will not have another season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2013 5:43 AM

Oct 2012
I really liked the anime. there were plotholes but i did enjoy the anime. its a shame that the writer died :c i was hoping for more development between kazuma and ayano.
"There's no such thing as 'no such thing'" - Greed
Jul 23, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2010
Meh, disappointing ending. Overall this show was pretty mediocre, about 3/4 of the show was average at best. Then things started to get interesting in the last arc but they dropped the ball with the ending. 6/10 could have been a 7 if the ending wasn't so bad.
Sep 25, 2013 7:33 AM

Sep 2013
Tsui-Ling wanted to kill Kazuma! My feels :(
Nov 18, 2013 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
they did kiss a few times in the series... well mostly him kissing her.. but it took how many years and anime seasons for Shana "where do babies come from?" to get a kiss from "i was deaf season 1" Yuji ;)

even once the kiss came, it was in the most disappointing weirdest season ever
Dec 23, 2013 2:37 PM
Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this anime even though it was left unfinished. I gave it an 8/10, and even though a second season at this point is like long shot at a horse racing track odds there may still be the slightest of chances. I wouldn't see someone continuing my work upon my death as being disrespectful....in fact the opposite. It shows that people cared enough about what you did to try and follow your lead and finish for you what you could not due to tragedy. If I was an author in this situation I would want someone to finish it because that is what the fans of my work deserve for believing in the story I was sharing with them.
Jan 6, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
Sucks that this didn't get a second season :(

I like how Kazuma's dad was there the whole time like a BOSS. It was obvious that the whole summoning Belial was just to weaken Kazuma and then finish him off.
Jan 10, 2014 8:15 AM

Mar 2013
I felt sorry for Kazuma for Cui Ling wanting to kill him.
Good anime. It's too bad we won't see the series in its completion.
Rest in Peace Takahiro Yamato.
Jan 18, 2014 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
Meh, pretty decent episode. Wasn't my favorite arc but still enjoyable. Am i the only one that found the plot to be somewhat confusing at times??
But overall, still enjoyable. 7/10.
Mar 29, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
it was a good anime. i liked it. i probably would have liked it better without ayano though. eh, c'est la vie.
May 27, 2014 4:48 AM

Jan 2014
Is there anyone here who's proficient enough to translate Lapis's words directly into English?

At the end, she said Cui Ling's last thoughts were "I want to kill you". And everyone assumed that meant Kazuma... But I think it would be helpful to know EXACTLY what Lapis said, because I have another theory about Cui Ling's last thoughts.

If she did say exactly "I want to kill you" then couldn't that mean she was addressing the evil mage who was about to sacrifice her to the demon? Or perhaps she was telling the demon itself that she wanted to kill the beast.

I think the villain at the end is the sort who likes to mind fuck people. With half truths instead of outright lies. So my theory sounds plausible, doesn't it? Because the villain told the truth. Cui Ling's last thought was "I want to kill you". He just neglected to tell Kazuma that those words were directed at the demon. And Kazuma being the egoistic dude that he is, immediately assumed that was all about him.

Who agrees with me?
Jun 11, 2014 9:43 PM

Sep 2012
Great ending!! I feel very satisfied. By far, one of my favorite action romance that has to do with magic. There is suppose to be a 2nd season but I don't think it will happen since the author died. I hate when that happens. Soo sad....
Jun 12, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2014
I went in looking for a simple magic/action romance and what did I get in the end? Hair sniffing and an ass touch. =D IDK this anime was sometimes cheesy and cliché, but some of it is pretty unique. A decent closure because the story had almost no plot, and had some tender moments.

4/5, worth the watch I guess
Jul 5, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2014
It was good I guess. There are times when it's good, but most of the time it's just plain. Almost lost interest in the last few episodes so the ending felt so anti climatic.

7/10
Recommend me an anime
Jul 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2011
Well, the main(?) villain is on the loose. Anyway,

renzbiohazard said:
It was good I guess. There are times when it's good, but most of the time it's just plain. Almost lost interest in the last few episodes so the ending felt so anti climatic.

more or less, my thoughts too.

Oct 16, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2013
Dat spank lol.
That was so cliche lol. And the romance was pretty poor but at least it didn't get a Zestuen no Tempest ending. And those random panty shots throughout the series xD Well at least it was entertaining and Kazuma is a badass. One of a few good male MCs. Too bad R.I.P author, I'd watch more. 6/10

edit: Oh, and the 'last Tsui Ling words' were so lame and made up in the last while ..
AizixOct 16, 2014 2:23 PM
Dec 23, 2014 5:46 AM

Jan 2012
lol.the ending sure is rushed but ok I guess.I mean they finish him with only one big attack
7/10 this Anime

Apr 29, 2015 6:53 PM

Feb 2015
Kazuma smacking Ayano's butt is the kind of comedy they should have stuck with throughout the series. I'm not saying the show needs to be ecchi but it could have done so much better if it took itself less seriously. They stopped the show at an awkward part in the relationship as well. I don't mind open endings but this was just lazy.
devinderApr 29, 2015 6:59 PM
May 31, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
I really liked the show otherwise I wouldn't have watched it in 3 days :D

The fight against Belial was nice and the ending was okay. Like some other people here said it's sad that there was no kiss. But okay I'm happy with this. Unfortunately we will never see the real romance between Kazuma and Ayano.

8/10 for me :)

Jun 4, 2015 2:36 PM
Feb 2015
That was disappointing no Kissssss??????? Well I'm pretty sure there is no season 2. If ling was still alive I should have shipped them :(

Over all it was decent, wish there was a bit more romance.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 27, 2015 8:00 AM
Sep 2014
I have to say i got disappointed. It started so epic but then it turned out to be just another shounen. It was entertaining but show that trying to fake that it has a story is just boring. Pause in talking and late responds is just retarded. Also, we got no romance and no story and no ending. When he created badass MC he could at least use it right.
Mar 1, 2016 4:45 AM

Dec 2015
I have to say that overall I was kinda disappointed with this series. In the beginning I was into it, but then it came to a point where I was kinda forcing myself to finish it just to move on.

The one thing that did keep me slightly interested was the romance even though that isn't really a big part of this show or anything. But that too ended in disappointment as I wanted to see a legit confession or at least a mutual kiss.

I give this a 6/10.
Mar 6, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2015
wtf with this ending.
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
May 4, 2017 1:28 PM

May 2015
Guess I was expecting too much for the final episode. Strong start, weak middle and weaker finish. Pretty disappointing series for me personally. It left a non-satisfying ending, I hated how much Kazuma suddenly changed... from a total badass to a whiny b*tch and don’t get me started with Tsui Ling/Lapis last thoughts “I want to kill you”. When the one who killed, and used her as a sacrifice in black magic experiment was Mother F*cker Erwin Leszal, where in the end she was eaten completely, not leaving any part of her soul. With Kazuma powerless trying to protect her, she knows fully well how out of power and hurt he was when she saw MC despair face... her hatred should be towards the one destroying their life for selfish reasons not the one who failed in protecting her because he didn’t have power at that time... What Da’ F*ck!?

TwilightShiva said:
not much closure.
and what about all the humans possessed by youma who were sacrificed to summon beliar? i guess no one cares?
+1

tigerz said:
But what the heck is the deal with the mother? It seems like she played a big role in helping him survive the four years abroad and encouraged him to become a wind mage but when he comes back she's nowhere to be found... Is she dead? What gives, too many open loops.
+1

Bladin said:
Enemy gets away? Check.
Relationship still hasn't made much headway? Check.
Tons of plot holes? Check
Terribly cliche'd enemies? Check check check.
Super smash bros final boss making a appearance? Check

Seriously though, if there woulda been a second season this woulda been a decent enough season end, but as a series end, it's pretty effin terrible
+1

WildKhaine said:
I was really enjoying this anime too at the beginning but around the middle or so it just started to get annoying. The dialogue seemed repetitious and unconvincing towards the end. Really hate when an anime starts out really good then just flops around towards the end.
+1

jbeat said:
Got hooked to the anime, but wasn't too thrilled after watching the ending. The ending wasn't too bad nor grand. Left a lot of unresolved issues and room for a second season that wont ever happen. I was wondering though how Tsui Ling and Kazuma got kidnapped, or what led to Tsui Ling's sacrifice. If anybody knows this, please message me. I'm curious. It would also be great if they showed in the anime how Kazuma made a contract with the king of winds.
This...

ClawViper said:
6/10 because of the plotholes and unfinished ending.
+1

May 4, 2017 1:39 PM

Dec 2014
@Roy_Focker the author died while writing the series. That's why after Misao's arc everything seems all over the place and keeps getting worse, until that ending. Sure they could have made it a better ending; but I'm happy they decided to animate it, even without a complete story.
Feb 18, 2018 9:09 PM
Nov 2017
they definately could have ended it better, especially with how ayuma got mad after kazuma made his move...what's that about? Pretty anticlimactic last episode like all the other posts are saying, but the series had it's moments. 7/10
Feb 14, 2019 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
What I want to say first is it's been a good long while since I came across a character as arrogant, stupid, spoiled and annoying as Ayano. It's too bad, because Kazuma is a likeable badass and the parts of the show that weren't heavily focused on Ayano were quite enjoyable. What's more...

"What am I to you", you ask? A blood relative goddamit! A close blood relative, at that! This so-called romance between relatives is just creepy. Even the moral aspect of it aside, are the Kannagis still stuck in the medieval period that they never heard of genetics and how inbreeding messes up progeny leading to horrible genetic defects and degeneration?

Besides, Kazuma has the full right to hate the Kannagi family after what they did to him, and he even went to the pains of changing his last name just to cut his ties with them from his side too, so tell me, how, say, marrying Ayano, as her father seems to be intent on making him, can even be reconciled with his justified desire to not be involved with them on the personal and familial level? It just doesn't make any sense.

6/10/ Could've been better but that "romance", the whitewashing of the Kannagis, along with Ayano being a spoiled haughty bitch and her incessant fanservicy pantyshots for no reason (Gonzo really overdid it), prevented me from enjoying this show more.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 17, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
The last fight was very anti-climatic but nevermind. I don't like how the villains walked away lol.

I like the last arc about Kazuma's past, also, the whole plot about Lapia and Bernhardt was much better than the entire show besides the first episode.

But, the show was bad. Ayano is just a female version of generic characters from shounens like Natsu and Asta. So annoying. The rest of the cast were just filler.
At least, the only decent character in the entire show is Kazuma.

The anime is unfinished and the author died, so, RIP Kaze no Stigma. 4/10 for the anime.

NurguburuFeb 17, 2019 2:09 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 9, 2020 7:28 AM
Oct 2019
Really hated the ending arc and didn't care for the ending at all it was just pretty much horrendous. There was just too much that was too hard to swallow. You can start with the Kazuma x Ayano relationship. Ayano is just the absolute opposite of the "wonderful" she is described in the arc. Just think back to the amusement park episode where she rubs his face in the fact he was forced to study fire magic most of his life for no point other than the fact his family are a$$holes. which sets up the next problem it's damn near impossible to believe he snaps over seeing lapis. For heavens sake he was able to come to terms with the family that f****d him over. It's hard to believe that's going to send him over the edge. Hell he didn't even call juugo up short when he was pushing B.S. about trying to make things equitable for the wind mage clan. Hell what's more Ayano was the trigger for his getting exiled from the family.

So no didn't buy the Kazuma snaps. Didn't buy Ayano gets a power up to win against him. Didn't buy the power of friendship defeats the evil.

It was just too much
Mar 23, 2020 4:53 AM

Aug 2017
Last arc was weak. This show was better earlier.

Maybe Catherine would have been a better girl for Kazuma, I wonder.
May 24, 2020 7:03 AM
Jun 2017
Im not a fan of that last fight, so short... But love the last part though and the whole series...
Jun 1, 2020 6:59 PM

Nov 2014
DarkShards said:
She didn't even get a kiss on the lips after all that? D=.

True... I was hope for a kiss.
Jun 6, 2020 4:52 AM
May 2020
Here is season 2 plzzz release it
Jun 6, 2020 5:01 AM
Apr 2017
Abdulkader456 said:
Here is season 2 plzzz release it

The author passed away years ago and there wasn't enough content for another season.
Unfortunately, a second season is impossible.

I suggest your read the manga and the LN if you are craving for more content.
Dec 11, 2020 9:40 PM

Aug 2018
Cute series, if the author had lived I believe it would have ended up like the Familiar of Zero.
Dec 24, 2020 11:57 AM
Jun 2019
If only I knew the news of the author pass away sooner, only when I'm at ep 20 that is when I lurking in the comment section and realized holly molly the author is dead, and well that was a slight mood hiccup there as before I was laughing but after that even at funny scene I couldnt even smile, like I know there wont be anything more like this in the end. So yeah 10 out of 10 wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone even though I rate it 8/10
Apr 7, 2021 11:16 PM

Aug 2018
Kazuma's past is seriously too sad, and well, Ayano just isnt a good enough replacement for Cui Ling. And if what Lapis said is true that makes everything even more sad. I wish we got more of Kazuma's past, like how he and Cui Ling even got into that situation where she ended up dying.
I dont like how Kazuma is in love with Ayano, I feel like she doesnt deserve happiness or to be loved. and got in the way of Kazuma getting revenge. Very good anime, but although the last arc was "good" it really did change my perspective on this anime. Overall Ayano is the main reason this anime failed, it was so good but it just got ruined somehow, and that somehow is Ayano always getting in the way of everything and being a bitch. A solid 7/10 anime, would have been a 8 if Kazuma didnt end up with Ayano.
Im very disappointed :(
AmatnikiApr 7, 2021 11:37 PM

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 15, 2007

54 by HazeShalom »»
Apr 17, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 16 Discussion

en_____ - Sep 5, 2009

22 by Remster20 »»
Mar 1, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 9, 2007

22 by Angelo_Nero »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 26, 2007

22 by murao_junpei »»
Dec 17, 2022 11:09 AM

» Extremely hard to watch (spoilers)

xONLYINHUMANx - Oct 27, 2022

15 by SilverCrono »»
Nov 5, 2022 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.