Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Oct 15, 2014 7:16 PM

Feb 2013
Kirito duel wielding again, awesome back-block, yea yea...

Ok, if I was in that raid party... and the "leader" got beat... there's no way I'm gonna turn around and just leave after all it took to get there. Send me back in a bodybag, I'm gonna have my fun first and take a few with me...
Oct 24, 2014 5:16 AM

Jun 2014
Another terrible episode.
The writer not only forgot that Kirito lost his duel wielding ability,but also that sword the other guy is using is unblockable.
Dec 9, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
Hell yeah to Kirito's dual wielding making a return, and awesome fight! The leaders' reaction afterwards was pretty funny as well xD and Asuna's out! Hopefully it's a matter of time until she and Kirito are reunited.
Dec 17, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2013
Damn the chicks in this show are all over Kirito's d*ck, what's up with that? He's too much of a Gary Stu, after two days in this world he is the strongest player, has huge amounts of money and all girls are falling for him. I see why this show gets a lot of hate now.
May 9, 2015 4:02 PM

Feb 2009
Finally a good fight since episode 14 final boss fight.
May 24, 2015 5:53 AM

Mar 2010
I dont like Kirito and i dont like how all girls drool over him ew
Jun 26, 2015 5:32 AM

Nov 2013

That is all...

Jul 10, 2015 9:28 AM

Sep 2014
Yui annoys me so much... naahh
Nov 28, 2015 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Feb 4, 2016 3:57 PM
Feb 2009
Kirito the chick magnet lol
Jun 5, 2016 5:57 AM
Dec 2014
Harem isn't my thing, but that is not really the part that bothers me the most in this episode.

They turned Kirito into Neo (applicable for episode 14 too)

Games have rules and restrictions, but Kirito bypass them all too often for my taste. Pulling out dual wielding mid-battle to turn the tide would be badass (or an asspull depending on how it's introduced) in a typical shonen, but in a gaming world it can only look like an asspull.

Then there are stuff like him going from newbie to being able to overpower the strongest player in the game in an air duel while being underequipped and playing a non-combat oriented class not by wits but sheer offense, collecting tons of currency as a new player, amongst other thing that kind of takes away the credibility.

It's also a bit convenient that the banished traitor is another two dimensional bad guy with no redeeming features.

But the worst of all, IMO, is that they turned Leafa into such a weak, pitiful character. In episode 16 (a mere 4 episodes ago), she was kicking ass and willing go down fighting. Here, after initially planning to go to the alliance talk by herself, she does absolutely nothing when she goes there other than saying that they have to trust the great saviour Kirito.

Fraid this isn't an episode I liked at all.
AxBattlerJun 5, 2016 6:41 AM
Jul 21, 2016 6:26 AM

Sep 2014
Nice Fight. Good to see his dual wielding skill again. Fan service was nice and short and lastly Azuna escaped from the cage YAY !!!
Jul 25, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2016
Ugh, this is becoming increasingly more of a headache.

Every girl clings to Kirito, the hero? The prince on a journey to save the princess from a castle, detained by an evil man? Kirito insisting on fighting by himself to protect the girls?

This whole anime is one big fairy tale stereotype. And they have to overpower Kirito to make it all flow? For a series with a novel and refreshing concept (videogame simulated worlds), this is extremely anticlimactic and expected.

2.5/10
Aug 4, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2016
The strongest game players was just beaten by Kiritum, SAO skills still work <3
I hope Asuna meets Kiritu in her way out.
Nov 22, 2016 3:20 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
omg what a fight *-*
that was epic

Jan 11, 2017 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of how much of a Gary Stu Kirito is.
Mar 25, 2017 3:19 AM

Jan 2017
Battle salaman boss is very epic liked 14 episode and Asuna try to leave the world tree who get the gay lmao. I really enjoy and loved the episode.

11/10 scores
Apr 2, 2017 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
Porque todo mundo se apaixona pelo Kirito?
o(≧o≦)o Kimi o miteru to itsu mo HAATO DOKI DOKI
。。 Yureru omoi wa MASHUMARO mitai ni fuwa fuwa (✪㉨✪)
リラックマ☆コリラックマ
May 14, 2017 10:17 AM

Nov 2016
The fight was pretty nice to watch, one of the strength of this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2017 8:31 AM
Jun 2017
Okay, Asuna. This is how you ecscape your prison in Yggdrasil.

1. Open the door with the code you spied.
2. DO NOT follow the path to the trunk of the tree, because you'll most likely be caught on the way.
3. JUMP OFF THE FREAKING PATH AND USE YOUR WINGS TO NAVIGATE AND LAND SAFELY ON THE GROUND, YOU DUMBASS
May 6, 2018 5:57 PM

Sep 2017
Looks like all the girls are just thirsty after Kirito's sword.

I may just as well rate this 1/10. Won't make a difference. The salamander's leader was just poorly written. All Kirito has to do is just chomp chomp at him.

Can't believe I have to put up with more of this shit.

primaltare said:
Ugh, this is becoming increasingly more of a headache.

Every girl clings to Kirito, the hero? The prince on a journey to save the princess from a castle, detained by an evil man? Kirito insisting on fighting by himself to protect the girls?

This whole anime is one big fairy tale stereotype. And they have to overpower Kirito to make it all flow? For a series with a novel and refreshing concept (videogame simulated worlds), this is extremely anticlimactic and expected.

2.5/10

My point exactly. If they revealed that this was all Kirito's day dream till now, it would make more sense.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 18, 2018 11:33 AM

Mar 2018
This is so boring. Complete waste of time.
May 22, 2018 9:19 PM

May 2018
They're not even trying anymore.. At first, they say he do not have Dual Wielding anymore and then, he has the skill again, without explanation?

God i'm glad there's only 5 episodes left, every single episode gets worse than the one before.
Sep 9, 2018 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
At this point I don't care how much deus ex machina this show can go, I got used to it :P

I liked the end how Kirito assuming Leafy is not women in disguise lol. Also have to admit I liked his other side that he don't get red while getting ecchi services. hmm, sometimes his characterization reminds me of Tenchi in a good way (at least when he is NOT with Asuna).

removed-userSep 9, 2018 9:35 PM
Jul 20, 2019 2:15 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was much better than the last one. Eugene vs Kirito was great!

Asuna left her prison.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 24, 2020 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
Solid action scene, but damn Kirito really is the ultimate gary stu
Jun 15, 2020 7:47 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Hah, poor girl, she has no chance, confirmed by Yui. It seems that at least Kirito has Incest-spawn protection. I appreciate it.

Seriously though, the fight was amazing, the music and animation really drove it. Asuna managed to escape, I hope they meet up soon, now that Kirito is heading to the base of the tree, Asuna can probably meet him there.
Aug 30, 2020 6:42 AM

Jun 2020
i loved the pinkish sunset colouring when leafa & kirito were talking at the end. that was lovely. alfheim is actually really pretty.

the fight scene was pretty good!

go go asuna!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 24, 2020 9:31 PM
Feb 2020
Well Done.

Now that was a Strong Episode.

Dec 3, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2020
Ayee Asuna escaped. Good for her. Kirito also did an amazing job fighting that one dude!

May 4, 2021 7:51 PM
Sep 2013
Damn that was a fun fight!
Nov 18, 2021 7:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damnit, that was a one hella smooth duel. Even the leader just easily get deceived like that. Idk how the battle worked. I mean, the sword couldn't be blocked, right? But, at those battle there's lots of block and Kirito health bar suddenly become infinite. So, yeah, cool, i guess. Dual wielder Kirito back on these episode. Congrats, op mc. Every girls hugged you, and once again Lyfa forgot that previously she's been friendzoned and now she's been boyzoned. Sad girl, until the end of the series, except if there's a spin-off, i guess. At least Asuna had a move. So yeah, lets go next
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 7, 2022 9:27 PM

May 2022
great action, great fanservice, and great development so far, with the Sylphs and Cat Siths alliance formed, Kirito now has a better chance of reaching the World Tree. Kirito was really smart in stopping the Salamanders, he even got along with Eugene in the end. In regards to Sakuya and Alicia, they were only teasing Kirito, there is NO harem. Kirito was awkward throughout the entire interaction, keep in mind that he isn't able to handle these kinds of moments that well due to him being somewhat socially anxious. After Leafa tried to jump in (then hesitated due to how awkward it got, but still, a good blend of comedy throughout this scene overall), Kirito was able to take control and kindly reject Alicia and Sakuya's offers respectfully since he is a compassionate, kind person. He is still loyal to Asuna.
Sep 7, 2022 9:30 PM

May 2022
Falcomster said:
JavierR said:

I know and Asuna escaped, what the fuck was that bitch thinking. Sugou spent all that time keeping her safe in a nice little birdhouse thing and she fucking left, fucking ingrate.

WTF ASUNA. And Sugou tells her how pretty she is every single day. Why the fuck is Asuna such an ungrateful whore?

Oh my god, isn't it obvious? Sugo is forcing her to marry him when she doesn't want to, plus Sugo took her captive, along with 300 other innocent players. Why wouldn't she escape from his harassment? Put yourself in Asuna's shoes and understand the story.
Oct 23, 2022 2:04 PM

Mar 2019
I'm pretty sure killing their leader/commander would give you more than just a chance to talk with him like you did before all the fighting, considering how he went back on his word.

Anyway, Kirito badass is back! Honestly I just want Suguha and Kirito to realize who each other are, it would feel much better since they would try harder to save Asuna. Also I would love for SAO to be a thing in that world.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 15, 2023 7:19 AM

Aug 2019
flat chested catgirl race.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2023 11:29 PM
May 2023
eh it was ok not my time of anime but its alright.
Jul 21, 2023 6:09 AM
Mar 2023
Muito bom, é um dos melhores anime
Jul 23, 2023 8:34 PM

Jan 2022
So now the cousin is in love with Kirito in the game? Yo this shit is wild. Asuna finally escaped! Why would Kirito give away all his money and not upgrade his gear?
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 16, 2023 8:13 AM

Nov 2023
Aww that was really cute in my opinion
Mar 16, 9:48 AM

Nov 2023
Man watching the alfheim arc right after the progressive movies has made these even more unbearable, the only redeeming factor so far has been Sugu's sugus....
Mar 16, 9:55 AM

Nov 2023
Okay im sorry but this is so fucking lame what the fuck, why is kirito not prioritsing saving his girlfriend from the REAL suffering she's expeirencing and instead goofing off with a bunch of people who are taking this normal video game as seriously as the sword art online players had to take their death game, this is awfuuul
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.