Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2008 7:17 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's up!!
sorry angel999.. can't help myself.. XD

Well, this episode was quite interesting. And we're beginning to see the dark trend of this season clearly.. Yaoi n Yuri..

Some of you tried to guess that the 'sensei' is ichimokuren.. good guess, but unfortunately it was just a fake.. haha.. the real 'sensei' the 'innocent' schoolgirls are in love with is hone onna.. or sone anna.. and ichimokuren was just in the way, and almost got himself sent to hell.. ah, but he's already dead and a demon too ^^;

It seems there's also another distinct trend this season.. the person who seems to be the one to send someone to hell gets sent.. A very smart plot turn.. However, very immature.. I can't imagine high school girls being so stupid to send ppl to hell just by the spur of the moment.

Well, this episode's theme, i think, is "Beware of Timid-looking Silent Girls". That Seriza is just super-conceited and totally lesbian.. I think one of the problems with this season is there are too few high school guys in the view.. And even Wanyuudou the spy garderner has his fans.. lol

Ah, and some fan-service with enma ai in PE cosplay.. haha..
Nov 8, 2008 8:41 PM

Jul 2008
Subs are out! This episode is really stupid!

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:16 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 8, 2008 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't understand this episode at all... I guess I need subs. :<

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 8, 2008 9:59 PM
Jul 2008
this episode is really funny ^ ^
Nov 10, 2008 5:07 PM
Nov 2007
Are subs out for episode 6 yet?
Nov 10, 2008 7:49 PM

Mar 2008
i dont think so
only the raws are out so far
Nov 12, 2008 7:54 PM
Nov 2007
Subs are out! Ill edit this comment with my usual review after I watch it.

Comments made while watching:

-Apparently Verizon is offering a new plan that gives free access to Hell Correspondence. They never stop working for you.

-If Kikuri, im sorry, Princess Kikurii came to tell her that she is out of area...

-Just lick the eyeball and your grudge will be delivered to hell...yeah thats probably not going to be as popular as the dolls and strings.

-Wow she put Ren's name in? This should be interesting, assuming Ai is still under contract...

-"If I had a guess, its probably because im too beautiful." Yeah thats probably the reason right there, honestly it would surprise me :D

-Wow that girl has some big...oh wait nevermind she was just holding towels...bad Seekster.

-You are threatening to strangle the poor girl because she dropped at baton?!?

-Perfect couple, a sword and a skeleton lady, yup thats a match made in hell.

-So im guessing the new kid has the power to control plants, time to get creative.

-Oh crap thats "The Omen" music played backwards (not really), I knew there was something weird about that girl...

-What the hell?!? They are bandaids, not golden tickets!

-By now Yuzuki must be wondering what the heck is wrong with the girls at her school.

-There is something very twisted and wrong with those girls, just to skrew with them, Honne Onna should move to another school and see which one of them tries to follow her first.

-By now Yuzuki also must have a genuine fear of butterlys, especially the back busting kind.

-Lol at Ai coughing and Princess Kikuri's gear running out in mid step.

-LOL You just told Hell Girl to go to hell, she comes back and goes. "No YOU go to hell."

-Wait a moment that "Pitiful shadow cloaked and darkness" speech was not the same recording as usual, thats kind of neat.

-Oh God Wanyudo is next!

Post Episode Comments:

I think the big thing to watch in this episode is Ai's hesitation near the end. At first I though she had actually been hurt by the girl when she kicked her but that doesnt sound reasonable so it may be possible that she was actually hesistant because the whole conflict was a HUGE misunderstanding brought on by the presence of Honne Onna and the others. If thats the case then it would confirm that Ai is no longer under contract to send people to hell, which begs the question why she is still doing it. I just hope they explain what happened with Ai between Season 2 and 3. Still good episode.

Verdict:

A resounding no! Ok the girl was a little creepy and possesive, not to mention devious and two-faced. But that still isnt a reason to send her to hell. Once again this is actually the first time in the series where one of Ai's companions directly (although unwittingly) contributed to someone being sent to hell. I dont think that means anything I just think that it is neat.
seeksterNov 12, 2008 8:43 PM
Nov 12, 2008 8:52 PM

Feb 2008
one cannot take revenge on someone who is already serving time in hell. serissa could not take revenge on her because she cannot be sent to hell.

why did the speech get cut off near the end?

if you notice, a great number of cases have been based on nothing but misunderstandings. it should be clear by now that one does not have to have a valid or logical reason to send them to hell. they merely have to have the hatred to summon the web page.

another thing is that people's emotions are vastly exsagerated to a point where its just too absurd. perhaps its because you can actually send someone to hell that people are pushed to the breaking point more easily.

as far as the phone thing....hell girl summonings used to be done via snail mail and news paper back in the days when e-mail wasn't around. one only needs a means of connection.

Nov 13, 2008 12:05 AM

Oct 2007
ugh... another lame episode... Enma Ai in PE clothes was pretty funny though...
Nov 13, 2008 12:59 AM
Oct 2008
This was a pretty good episode not one of its bests but wow that girl turned out to be a bitch lol
Nov 13, 2008 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
The more episodes I watch the more I love seeing people getting send to hell LOL I am a bad guy.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 13, 2008 2:10 PM
Dec 2007
Pretty strange developments, but it's great to see "new" themes and a highschool background in Jigoku Shoujo. Still, it doesn't get too repetitive for now, so it remains at least decent. I wonder how Enma Ai could be in pain from the kick the girl gave her though, isn't she supposed to be invincible, or at least too powerful to be hurt by mere humans (even more in an alternative reality she created)?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 13, 2008 2:21 PM

Jan 2008
Ahh what's wrong with Enma? She seems to be sick... maybe it was from that kick, but she doesn't look okay. How dare she kick her like that, she deserves to go to hell D;
Nov 14, 2008 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
I'm watching this episode now and I love this episode so far mainly because we get to see more of Hone Anna and Ren. I love Ren <3333
Nov 14, 2008 5:51 PM

Aug 2008
I thought it might be my imagination, but Enma Ai really does seem to be sick. Perhaps it's due to the lack of a body which means we can only expect her sickness to worsen over time. It's an interesting development.

The eyeball seems to be Kikuri's idea of a joke, 'sorry we can't send your victim to hell right now so take this complimentary eyeball'
I wonder what happened to the eyeball after that...
"Cicadas, even though their lives last only a few weeks, fall in love and disappear"

~Heed the roar of the mighty ocelot~
Nov 15, 2008 9:27 AM
Aug 2008
I think the eye was becasue Ren is actually an eye.

I think they screwed up with this new series, they are just silly.
I mean, some of the ones in previous series are silly, such as the one with the ped dog, but this season....
Sending people to hell just because of a bunch of school girls (all of them) fall into lesbian love with the teacher.

I'll prob only keep watching, to see if events turn out like they did in the previous two, or I might just drop it untill the story starts.
Nov 15, 2008 11:09 AM

Jul 2008
Some after thoughts of subs: THIS IS STUPID! Demons (Ren and Hone Onna) tricking two girls due to their foolish need for attention. One ugly and gloomy..........the other is Miss Bi-Tomboy.

ONE THING I LEARNED: never put two working demons together or even one of them can get killed by a human's hatred..........GOOD THING Ren did not get punished by Ai BUT IT WOULD BE VERY COOL just to see!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 16, 2008 2:16 AM

Mar 2008
ok another ep that barely makes sence

but i laughed at Wanyuudo in the end XD

sucks that the series usually takes a lot of episodes before it actually gets good and makes sence, it better be soon >,<
traedNov 16, 2008 2:20 AM
Nov 16, 2008 11:16 AM
Nov 2008
The preview of ep.7 make me feel that it'll be serious like in first season again
Please do not let my expectation be ion vain

masterhoopla said:
I thought it might be my imagination, but Enma Ai really does seem to be sick. Perhaps it's due to the lack of a body which means we can only expect her sickness to worsen over time. It's an interesting development.

The eyeball seems to be Kikuri's idea of a joke, 'sorry we can't send your victim to hell right now so take this complimentary eyeball'

Isn't Ai seem painful because of that girl kick?
Nov 17, 2008 1:55 AM

Mar 2008
erastale said:
The preview of ep.7 make me feel that it'll be serious like in first season again
Please do not let my expectation be ion vain

masterhoopla said:

Isn't Ai seem painful because of that girl kick?

hmm Ai should be immortal, so she shouldn't be hurt by something like that.. but i just thought about it and realized, she's possesing yuzuki's body, so this means it is possible for her to get hurt. well, she wanted to be a normal human girl anyways.. ^^
Nov 17, 2008 2:15 PM

Jun 2008
Archer112 said:

Ichimoku Ren was a sword spirit. But he uses his other eye to spy on people (his left eye is always covered by his hair, and it can extend to places to watch people)

seekster said:
I think the big thing to watch in this episode is Ai's hesitation near the end. At first I though she had actually been hurt by the girl when she kicked her but that doesnt sound reasonable so it may be possible that she was actually hesistant because the whole conflict was a HUGE misunderstanding brought on by the presence of Honne Onna and the others. If thats the case then it would confirm that Ai is no longer under contract to send people to hell, which begs the question why she is still doing it. I just hope they explain what happened with Ai between Season 2 and 3. Still good episode.

I thought it's 'cause she was hurt by that kick. She was holding her waist (where she was kicked), as she was doing her speech.

I think also the reason why Ichimoku wasn't being sent to hell besides the fact that he's Ai's assistant and thus can't be sent to Hell, was because the girl used his fake name....
Nov 23, 2008 7:11 PM

Sep 2008
this was good episode ....it was funny that they targeted ren
wonder what if that happens again??
=)ai in boomers =)she is so cute

i want to see more
more enma ai please
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 24, 2008 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
I thoguht they want Hone onna to be sent to hell, but it seems it's the other way around. I love this episode. WE MUST HAVE MORE.

Dec 5, 2008 2:55 PM

Aug 2008
skyenix said:
Ahh what's wrong with Enma? She seems to be sick... maybe it was from that kick, but she doesn't look okay. How dare she kick her like that, she deserves to go to hell D;
You did not perceive? She forgot to inform that two tombs are dug. Seems that will have collateral effects.
Dec 31, 2008 12:32 PM

May 2007
lmao this episode is hilarious!

Kikuri first gave her an eyeball. Then the "punishment" scene where they compete for Juliet made me laugh.
Feb 11, 2009 6:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ai in bloomers~ <3

Really nice episode, with a few more things twisted around this time.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 9, 2009 5:54 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting but still, another boring episode :/
Apr 11, 2009 8:23 PM

Nov 2007
Wannyuudo smile = mega lulz
May 9, 2009 1:16 AM

Jul 2008
I just noticed that doesn't young Yuzuki (opening) look like Kikuri ? :D

WAA, I laughed that videoclip which was during that "this serie is brought to you by" thing XDDD Ren is cute ~

This was really nice episode ! But I was kinda looking forward that what would have happen if she had sent Ren to hell :P But nice ep. ~

Sep 27, 2009 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
LOOOOOOOOL YURI DAMNIT LOL

Laughed at the part after Ichimoko Ren found out that the girl wasn't interested in him but at Hone Onna loool, and Wanyuudo smile is also loooool.

But damnit, students in that school are fucking liars. That girl just lied to that other girl about being the favorite student. All the students in that school should just go to hell. XD
Jan 9, 2010 7:44 PM

Aug 2009
Lulz,I liked this episode.

When Ren was sulking in the corner around the beginning I was thinking "omg tamaki suoh reference" xD

But when what's-her-face kicked Ai?Ughh.I was thinking 'Bitch,you can't kick hell girl demmit!D:" And then when Ai was coughing on the ferry,for some reason it made me sad .__.

Oh,and Ren/Hone-Onna?Yesss.|:
Jan 21, 2010 6:39 AM

Nov 2009
haha wannudo!!! XD and how dare she hit Ai!!! XP
Apr 13, 2010 5:26 AM
Jul 2008
I like how Ai is the only one in red shorts :P and Kikuri constantly has to ask to be wound up.
Jun 1, 2010 7:01 PM

Mar 2010
i'm actually really glad kira got to pull the string. she might not have the best personality, but at least she's open about it. the girl who got sent to hell is a real bitch underneath, but she hides it and pretends to be sweet and timid. i can't believe she tried to bully kira.. and kicking ai! she deserves every second of hellfireeeee!!
Jun 2, 2010 8:06 PM
May 2010
Why do the hellings have to suffer to bring that girl to hell?

And this ep does show a lot about Ai's weakness (coughing and choking while speaking)
Jun 6, 2010 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
Cello said:
skyenix said:
You did not perceive? She forgot to inform that two tombs are dug. Seems that will have collateral effects.
Super late response to an old post (cuz I just watched this ep) but no that's not right. She did tell Morohoshi about the covenant. I guess her coughing is supposed to be kick aftermath? lol. i dunno, whatevers
Dec 8, 2010 3:23 PM

Jul 2010
^ Indeed scol, Enma told the girl she would also be sent to hell, it's prob because of the kick in her stomach she wasn't feeling well? That would be she can get hurt, that wasn't so in the first season... right? :P

Yeay for Ren, I totally loved the "rose" smile and when he was the "gamemaster" ^^
Feb 19, 2011 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
LOL Wanyuudo. xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 14, 2011 2:35 AM

Apr 2009
I lol'd when Enma Ai got kicked and when she was making the speech she started feeling pain. lmao
Jul 7, 2011 9:16 PM
Jun 2009
I actually liked this episode compared to the shitty earlier ones. Ai was so cute in PE clothes, and I was surprised that she actually got hurt from the kick. I wonder if Yuzuki will wake up with a sore stomach from that?

Ren was really, REALLY hot in megane and teacher disguise! <3
Jul 14, 2011 6:17 PM

Dec 2010
It's hard to believe, but this episode was almost like magical. Yeah, I saw almost everything I wished for(when I was watching the OP and I was waiting for the real stuff to start). First I thought "Well, we got one YAOI this far, I think it will be fair to see one YURI." And guess what - that's exactly what we got here(although it was more like shoujo-ai). It's not like I like shoujo-ai, but it just seemed fair to me(I really want to see some true drama including heterosexual people, like what we had in previous seasons... well, yeah even though one of them was BROTHERxSISTER...). Secondly, I thought "What if someone tries to send Ichimoku Ren to Hell? Well yeah, I got the answer almost instantly.
This episode is pure example of why you must not build self-confidence in others, or they might do so-o-o-o-o-o-o stupid things. Like provoking girl whose stupid enough to send you to Hell. Like she didn't know it's possible for her to get sent because of someone's hatred.
Serissa's words "Fall to Hell" seem pretty much ironic, considering Enma Ai is already in Hell.
Wanyudo's smile = WIN!

Anyways, this episode brings me to feelings somewhat close to these which I felt while I was watching Season 1 or Futukamori. They keep doing right second episode in a row. Lets hope for the best!

I have two versions about Ai's current job. She either ends up liking this all send-to-hell job, that she just feels like she'll do it for all an eternity. Second version - Ai lives her punishment in Hell after she died in Futukamori. Both of them seem reliable to me, but the second is somewhat more reliable than the first.
MeritasJul 14, 2011 6:49 PM
Jan 27, 2012 2:27 AM

Dec 2011
lonehunter88 said:
hmm Ai should be immortal, so she shouldn't be hurt by something like that.. but i just thought about it and realized, she's possesing yuzuki's body, so this means it is possible for her to get hurt. well, she wanted to be a normal human girl anyways.. ^^

I took this as it was Yuzuki's body that was hurt because it is her mortal body... Ai needs to be careful from now on now that she realizes her mortality.
MapleRose said:
Archer112 said:

Ichimoku Ren was a sword spirit. But he uses his other eye to spy on people (his left eye is always covered by his hair, and it can extend to places to watch people)

seekster said:

I thought it's 'cause she was hurt by that kick. She was holding her waist (where she was kicked), as she was doing her speech.

I think also the reason why Ichimoku wasn't being sent to hell besides the fact that he's Ai's assistant and thus can't be sent to Hell, was because the girl used his fake name....

Some very interesting points you make there, @MapleRose.

Ai in PE uniform + Wanyuudou's smile at the end, hehe!
I was going to rate 4/5 until Wanyuudou smiled at the end. Anyway,

Excellent Episode; 5/5 ★★★★★

Signature:
Aug 10, 2012 10:05 AM

May 2012
Lol this was quite a funny episode, sending someone to hell for the love of a teacher, but what's up with these episodes first some gay scene and now some lesbian scenes oO?

Oh well not that I mind but it's rather strange to be adding this to the story as it's happening around the same area!

Well nice episode up to the next one!
Sep 18, 2012 7:20 PM

Apr 2011
Yuri is popular in Japan, or hints of it anyways.

The torture scene before hell, are usually gruesome, but this one was hilarious.

I guess bald, is the way to go!
Sep 23, 2012 2:51 AM

Jan 2012
so this whole season is a big comic relief...

interesting approach..
Oct 9, 2012 11:30 PM

Mar 2012
Yay, Yuri!! And Hone Onna's in it! Well, it's more of a shoujo-ai, but still. I hope to see one more episode of Yuri, hopefully an adult, with Hone Onna!
I really like the first half of this episode. I wished it just stopped there, but no, someone has to die or sent to hell.

When she was about to cheat in the last match, I was like, "No, you wouldn't dare do something Ai."
Hone Onna, I wouldn't mind seeing you half-boned. Haha.
Dec 10, 2012 3:11 PM

Jun 2011
lol, this was an interesting episode :P
Finally this season is getting really good ^^ I wonder what's wrong with Ai :S She didn't look quite ok there ><
Mar 4, 2013 7:09 AM

Jun 2012
Wow... that last discussion thread for that Yaoi episode was sooo full of hate and "homophobes" gay-bashing... and this Yuri episode discussion thread is all like "Yay Yuri!"
Don't call yourself homophobes if you hate only Yaoi and not Yuri... you are not homophobic, you are an asshole. (It's not really a phobia, it's just people being jerks anyway)

Anyway, this episode was good. And that bitch... how dares she kick Enma! >.<

For those who are wondering what was wrong with Enma, I also think it's because of that kick she received.

(Hope to see more Yaoi and Yuri. It makes episode more interesting xD)
Aug 18, 2013 7:00 PM
Aug 2012
well personally im all for the wanyuudou fan club
Oct 9, 2013 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
People getting sent to hell in this episode because of Hone Onna and others decided to become humans and messed up. Is this even fair? They are not even suppose to interfere, it is their fault that these 2 girls is getting sent to hell and they don't even seem to acknowledge it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.