Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2008 2:37 AM

Apr 2008
Itou Died and Katsura became an Assasin

Jun 22, 2008 3:28 PM

Feb 2008
I was pleased with the last episode. it was a clever way to end it. And if it hadnt ended like that....I would have taken serious violent action :P
Jun 26, 2008 12:28 PM

May 2008
Itou lied, people died.

Seriously, doesn't he understand that people die if they are killed? GAWD.

Anyway, I gave the series a 7/10 because I hate Makoto, and I felt this episode wasn't enough to ease my anger.
Livestream: twitch.tv/imoogle
Jul 9, 2008 1:46 AM
May 2008
Wasn't the best ending out there, but it sure was unique. I mean cutting off your lovers head and taking it with you on a boat? Very original <--No sarcasm
It was all Sekai's fault. If she didn't do all that 'practice' then Makoto would probably have a higher chance staying with Katsura. Sekai got what she deserved and I'd say Makoto got what he deserved for sleeping with the whole school and kissing Katsura in front of Sekai.

Still...BAD END
And nice boat :)
Jul 9, 2008 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
iStab. A lot of blood, and maybe the guy was an ass but I don't think that was the kind of ending I was hoping for. At least not with two dead ones and a girl with a boy's head...
Jul 15, 2008 7:31 PM
Jul 2008
selective_yellow said:
zomg that boat!

MOST EPIC ENDING EVER!!

dude seriously its fukin crazy as hell. big boobed girl scary as hell too. totally did not see it comming in the first couple of episodes.
Jul 17, 2008 3:05 AM
Jan 2008
Are you guys serious?!?!

That ending was terrible.I mean yea.. i did a couple of back flips when Itou died., but WTF when sekai died. ok yea, so she slept with someone eleses boy friend is that really enough of a reason to fucking cut her oppen?!?!?!

I like kotonoha Through out the whole series until this episode. After all the stuff she has been through she still comes to a conclusion at Itou was not at fault and instead blames everything on Sekai. Itou should have Broken it off with her properly and immdently instead of avoiding her to a point where she has become more confused then a 4 yr old trying to do a sudoku.

If Itou didn't sleep around so much i wouldn't have died. His own fault. Sekai also at fualt but in my eyes she didn't deserve to end up the way she did. Kotonoha is alive, that i'm happy about but Her mind is really unstable now and she need to open her friggin eyes and understand that Itou was MOSTLY at fualt and also get rid of Itou head... thats just nasty.

Over all Good anime 9/10, i gave it a 8/10 because of the ending.
Jul 18, 2008 9:43 AM

Jul 2008
WAIT?!

Wasn't that thing she was holding on the boat his head?

Saionji did kill him right?

UGH !

Personally i didn't like the serise that much. There were times where i wanted to rip off Itou's head just for being so insensitive.

I was very happy though that she killed him !

-Love is but a binding without the shackles-
Jul 22, 2008 3:55 PM

Jul 2007
Because the answer to a crappy relationship is to murder your 'boyfriend' or the other girl (depending where you are in the triangle). :/ Well, ok, I know the series wasn't supposed to be a show of rationality...
I seriously...disliked this series T_T Although I guess I should've known what I was getting into- what a screwed up ending. o.o
Jul 23, 2008 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
luckily sekai died too...its all her fault!lets all join the Anti-Sekai club!!!!!!!!
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Jul 23, 2008 2:30 PM

May 2008
almost everybody got shanked lol
Jul 29, 2008 1:30 AM

Mar 2008
phew, anyone feeling a bit chilly?

btw Nice Boat ;D
Jul 31, 2008 8:41 AM

May 2007
After watching 1st and 2nd episode, i dropped the anime. And now i watched this episode (i knew it all from my friend cuz i wasn't going to watch it). Seriously, lol, wtf is this. I really should've watched the DVD version, cuz the edited version was really funny (i mean it.) Black blood? Hell yea! Lmao on the part where Kotonoha instantly disarmed Sekai. l33t fighting skillz of a damn hot school girl is so moe. Well, at least she got the head (<-Leeroy Jenkins reference. Go google it)

"As I suspected. You were lying. There's no one inside you." - The. Best. Damn. Line. Ever.

Also, epic fansubs are epic. "Thank you for watching Makoto get wtfbbq pwned. We hope you all learned a valuable lesson from this." (m.3.3.w)

Note: The AXE effect kills (literally.)
Note 2: Oh yeah, forgot to say, NICE BOAT!
Note 3: Don't mind what i wrote, my mind is pretty f***ed up by the episode right now.
Aug 1, 2008 12:11 AM
Jul 2008
best anime ending ever...no question
Aug 2, 2008 2:57 PM

Feb 2008
The ending was so damn disturbing when I finished it a few months ago. It took me a while to get it out of my head because it was so messed up. This episode is even more memorable than when I first started watching Higurashi (which also disturbed me like hell). I can't say I felt too happy when that faggot got shanked, I mean, I hated him, but he didn't deserve it. He deserved to get his ass kicked and have everybody realize what a piece of shit he is and spit on him... but death? Nah. That death scene where she was stabbing him and he was struggling really fucking creeped me out.

Okay series, very memorable ending.
VeroninAug 2, 2008 3:08 PM
Aug 2, 2008 4:12 PM

Jun 2008
Damn so fucked up. This is NOT the happy "slice of life" anime I wanted.

It is a masterpiece of sorts, though, right. Hmm, well, I always hated Kotonoha. I guess I'm pretty much awesome. Saw it coming D:

I mean overall all the characters are to blame for being weak. But, she was psychotic. I don't even know if she got raped for sure. But still... she cut him up and then she cut that girl's stomach.

Here's a list of evilness: 1. Kotonoha 2. Sekai 3. Makoto 4. Rest are even ;\

Also they had some really shitty friends...
Aug 4, 2008 11:36 AM
Jul 2007
msw said:
Damn so fucked up. This is NOT the happy "slice of life" anime I wanted.

It is a masterpiece of sorts, though, right. Hmm, well, I always hated Kotonoha. I guess I'm pretty much awesome. Saw it coming D:

I mean overall all the characters are to blame for being weak. But, she was psychotic. I don't even know if she got raped for sure. But still... she cut him up and then she cut that girl's stomach.

Here's a list of evilness: 1. Kotonoha 2. Sekai 3. Makoto 4. Rest are even ;

Also they had some really shitty friends...

Well... I dunno if Kotonoha was really evil... Well, he lost her mind when she saw her "lover" face-down in a pool of blood. The most evil is the one who put the stupid camera in the "lounge". In episode 11. Then, the most evil are the 3 girls (Otome's friends). That's just me. I like the ending... It was nasty, but made the anime more memorable.
I'll get a sig... Someday...
Aug 6, 2008 10:31 AM

Aug 2007
The most disturbing anime I have ever seen. I do wish I hadn't watched this!! It was so... so... I don't have any words for this. Makoto made my blood boil, and even though I had been already spoiled that he dies in the end, it somehow surprised me when it actually happened. I mean I would have never imagined he would be stabbed by Sekai! And then Sekai would be killed by Kotonoha...

I didn't know I would see something like this! Okay, I had known that School Days is infamous, and all, but I thought it's nothing more than a mediocre love-triangle romance (and maybe comedy) show...

How stupid I was...

One thing is for sure: I'll try as hard as I can to forget this... erm... series.
Aug 8, 2008 12:48 PM

Jul 2008
Alright, so I just got finished with my marathon of this anime. I knew before I started watching that there was something controversial towards the end, but I didn't know exactly who was going to shed blood. If I didn't know this, and the series wasn't so short I probably would have dropped it by the fifth episode or so. I felt like things were going pretty fast since Mokoto and Kotohona started dating within the first two episodes. It really started to go down hill from there though for the next 5/6 episodes or so(Lame fanservice made me die a little inside). It really started to pick up again though for the last half.

The rest of the time I was on the edge of my seat, trying to predict who was going to be hurt next and who was going to die. Overall the anime was pretty decent, and the ending didn't disappoint despite being quite disturbing. There is one problem though that came from this though: If there's girl in my house and my cell phone rings in my room, I may be a little hesitant to go get it ^_^'
Aug 8, 2008 4:55 PM

Apr 2008
YES!!! MAKOTO DIES! He got what he deserved, I was happy to see him suffer like that. After doing all that crap to everybody, I'm so satisfied with this.

However... Sekai and Kotonoha did not deserve that ending. They totally got messed up by Makoto... especially poor Kotonoha... =[ holding his head like that.
Aug 13, 2008 10:37 AM

Apr 2007
Ehm I started less .. hating Makoto towards the end yet I still really hated the prick. The whole thing was so messed up that it made me laugh. I can't comprehend what the fuck was going on. Lets see..

woooh WTF!?
TsunamiAug 13, 2008 10:47 AM

Aug 15, 2008 6:15 AM

Jan 2008
You guys arn't going to like my thinking, but I'm happy that Makoto got what he deserved.

Thing is though:

Summary: Ending was good, but left a miserable after taste.
Overall 7/10.
Aug 15, 2008 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
aero said:

Overall 7/10.

I mention a lot of this in my review of the series, but again, as much as Makoto sucks, how the hell is he any worse than Sekai? It's like saying one lump of shit is prettier than another.

They are both cheaters who betrayed close friends. They are both frequently demanding and arrogant. They both suck. I didn't like the series, but if the last episode is any type of moral judgement of the main characters, it only makes sense that they both die.

As for Katsura, think of it from the opposite perspective; if a GUY had his girlfriend cheat on him numerous times (and yes, this happens a lot), and as a result, he went completely batshit insane, would you have any sympathy for him, or just think of him as a loony who blows things way, way out of proportion?

Again, the only difference is that Katsura is a very sexy, cutely drawn girl, with a lot of cheap deus ex machina devices to make her seem more worthy of sympathy.
Aug 17, 2008 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
ShaolinRibiero said:
aero said:

Overall 7/10.

I mention a lot of this in my review of the series, but again, as much as Makoto sucks, how the hell is he any worse than Sekai? It's like saying one lump of shit is prettier than another.

They are both cheaters who betrayed close friends. They are both frequently demanding and arrogant. They both suck. I didn't like the series, but if the last episode is any type of moral judgement of the main characters, it only makes sense that they both die.

As for Katsura, think of it from the opposite perspective; if a GUY had his girlfriend cheat on him numerous times (and yes, this happens a lot), and as a result, he went completely batshit insane, would you have any sympathy for him, or just think of him as a loony who blows things way, way out of proportion?

Again, the only difference is that Katsura is a very sexy, cutely drawn girl, with a lot of cheap deus ex machina devices to make her seem more worthy of sympathy.

I agree with Sekai and Matoko being lumps of shit. They revealed her true intention so I can't feel sorry for her. She annoyed me when she was yelling at Kotonoha, and some of those things Kotonoha had begged her much earlier.(Please stay away from him etc), I'm glad Kotonoha talked back:) Stupid hypocrite Sekai. Though, I wished Kotonoha didn't Love Matoko, hurt her so much that she went crazy.
Still, Sekai set up a lot of this, and she didn't really care who got hurt in the process(the whole, giving him a flower, and then the praise, and practice)
Gah. She 'said' she felt bad, but she made Kotonoha's life so much worse:| So meh I don't feel that much sympathy for her.:P

School days surprised me, I expected it to be more gory(and I don't mean this episode wasn't gory), I mean that I didn't think it would only be the second half of the last episode that was gory. Oh well, was a pretty good(sad for Kotonoha:( ) ending.
Aug 23, 2008 1:37 PM

Nov 2007
MY GOD! epic ending, i loved it, i'm SO SHOCKED ! but its AMAZING <33
Aug 28, 2008 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
Well I have no objections with the ending. I'm still unsure what score I'll give for this series but for now it's an 8/10.

Kotonoha still looked pitiful until the end. She really can't give up on that asshole. C'mon Kotonoha leave that asshole, he's only a sex maniac. In the end Makoto is still an asshole. He told something to Sekai that results to emotional breakdown and there she goes killing Makoto. At first, I thought Kotonoha will turn to a yandere and kill Makoto. It's depressing she still love Makoto till the end(the head lolx)

For Sekai, I only liked her at the beginning..as the story progresses she slowly turns to a bitch. Nice killing stroke Kotonoha ^^

Aug 31, 2008 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
Kotonoha is basically the only reason I finished this anime. I'm really quite glad that Itout bit the dust.

I was seriously considering dropping this anime at episode 7 or so. The ending made up for it though.
Aug 31, 2008 5:22 PM

Sep 2007
Dammit... *brain damaged* She... she even carried his head with her (felt a lot like I was watching "Higurashi" again)
I used to be a 3D lover like you... But then I took an arrow to the heart.
Sep 1, 2008 2:52 AM

Dec 2007
i just finished watching and i'm like O.O
exactly like kizen said... i was about to drop it, but it got more interesting from episode 7
and the end is perfect, crazy, unexpected... one of the best end!
Sep 1, 2008 7:00 PM

May 2008
I have seen a lot of blood, but none like good old ink black blood XDDD

Nice boat btw ^o^

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Sep 4, 2008 6:58 AM

Dec 2007
I don't know what to say...
Sep 7, 2008 3:24 PM
Jun 2008
I liked that makoto died, but I felt sorry for Kotonoha. I also think that it was Sekai's fault, so she deserved that.

Well...
rodrigohmuSep 8, 2008 2:08 PM
Sep 8, 2008 11:55 AM

Jul 2008
I can finally say GLAD YOU FINALLY PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE MAKOTO! I HAVE SHED MY TEARS FOR YOU SO THAT YOU MAY KNOW AT LEAST ONE FEELS SORRY FOR STUPIDITY TO LEAD TO YOUR DEATH! YOU SHOULD HAVE BECOME A PRIEST OR NOT HAVE BEEN TEMPTED BY SEX! SHAME ON YOU AND GOOD RIDDANCE!

I LIKE THE DVD VERSION BETTER BUT IT IS ALSO MORE SCREWED UP. Especially with the belly.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 14, 2008 11:38 AM

Sep 2008
i love it the final.... It is a masterpiece..
and you can choose around 7-8 finals....
Sep 18, 2008 7:38 AM

May 2008
wow Children are so messed up these days and in school too.
Sep 25, 2008 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
wow.... just... wow
Sep 28, 2008 11:49 AM

Aug 2007
!@#$%^&**()
This show went from a 4 to an 8 for sheer irritation and passion that it evoked.
Not to mention a sense of satisfaction at watching Makoto get what was coming to him!
Am I the only one who stopped to think
"Was there some kind of radio-active spill near the school causing people to be more stupid than anybody ought to be?"

Cause really... how can so many people in one area can be THAT crazy?!
Sep 28, 2008 12:44 PM

Sep 2008
i can only dream having a boat like that lol
Oct 8, 2008 10:05 PM

Sep 2008
i watched the 1st 2 episodes, then felt like skipping to episode 12. The ending was so f***ed up.... just wow.

Oct 8, 2008 10:06 PM

Jul 2008
YES! YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! It was good

Oct 20, 2008 1:09 AM

Jul 2008
damn... just finished watching.... a masterpiece
that was... amazing
Oct 24, 2008 6:52 PM

Mar 2008
That was so fucked up, it almost puts me at a lose for words.
Oct 28, 2008 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
BadSeafood said:
I heard the boat sank in the unaired edition.

i like that! she would have died happy then!

but i have to say they couldnt have picked a better ending... that was just... brilliant...
Oct 28, 2008 2:24 PM

Oct 2008
It was just so... I don't know what to say. The ending was just really a masterpiece. I can't say that about the whole series, because there was some lack of logic about the relationships towards the end. (Like "everyone's motoko"?!) But the ending...

I was thinking to give 5 points to this series, because it looked so simple at first. (Not "at first" actually, until the 11th episode, I was always thought like that.) But now I decided that it deserves to take at least 7 point. Yes, I'll give 7 points just for the ending. It really impressed me to see Kotonoha holding Motoko's head. "Impress" is not the correct word actually, it shuddered me! I'm sure that I won't be able to forget that scene at least 10 years.
Oct 30, 2008 12:45 PM

Dec 2007
This was a decent show until everyone seem to want to bang Makoto and did when they seemed to have no interest in him at all in the previous episodes. The ending was awesome though, I had Makoto's death spoiled for me earlier but I didn't really think that Katsura would gut Sekai open, then it had her with Makoto's head on the nice boat that was just icing on the cake. An average 5/10 since the unbelievable stupidity of everyone in the show dragged it down, Sekai seemed to be the most level-head out of all of them and she was the first to start killing.

#NBHNC
Oct 30, 2008 2:06 PM
May 2008
PeanutSteak said:
This was a decent show until everyone seem to want to bang Makoto and did when they seemed to have no interest in him at all in the previous episodes. The ending was awesome though, I had Makoto's death spoiled for me earlier but I didn't really think that Katsura would gut Sekai open, then it had her with Makoto's head on the nice boat that was just icing on the cake. An average 5/10 since the unbelievable stupidity of everyone in the show dragged it down, Sekai seemed to be the most level-head out of all of them and she was the first to start killing.

Yeah, the whole everyone wants to bang Makoto was just poor writing to make the show more complex than necessary. Also I hated how Makoto was such a wuss and could never stand up for himself... or do the right thing when he had the opportunities. Not to mention the constant "I can't make up my mind about who I love".
Dead Account
Please Delete
Nov 12, 2008 8:51 AM
Aug 2008
(Just in case)
GeForceNov 12, 2008 9:08 AM
Nov 22, 2008 7:02 PM
Oct 2008
I seriously cried this episode was so sad

Nov 27, 2008 11:57 PM
Nov 2008
Poshib said:
Quite frankly, I hate this anime. At the same time, it's one of my favorites ever. I think this ending was very well done, and I'm surprised that it scored so low as an overall series. In my opinion, the second half of the series scared people. After I finished the last episode, I went for a walk, just to clear my mind, because of the effect this anime put on me. Afterwards, I sat down an analyzed it, trying to figure out just why it made me feel the way it did. And I came to the conclusion that it's because of how real this could be. Love, lust, lies, and how if all of that is combined, it can destroy a person, and lead them to do and say things unspeakable.

This last episode was shocking to me. I could tell that people were going to die, but the way it happened, I couldn't believe it.

"It's just as I thought. It's a lie. There's no one inside." That line haunts me, and I'm not sure why.

No one really deserved what they got, I don't think. Kotohana was innocent in my eyes, up until she murdered Sekai. Sekai was a fool who didn't act on her feelings, and let herself be swayed by a scumbag. I was sad to see a girl who knew that what her and Itou had done was wrong turn to such measures. And the scumbag Makoto, while his actions were unforgivable, he was also a teenage boy who was immature and horny, and while he infuriated me to no end(earning the title of my most hated male lead), he didn't deserve the death that came to him.

I think my favorite thing about all of this was the simple but profound message this left us with. Even if no one is watching, your actions still matter.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

But, also...really, I don't see why everyone who watches this seems to blame the full 100% on Sekai. Wtf? Every single one of these characters with the exception of, like, one (the little sister?) made some type of mistake. Sekai had a crush on Makoto in the very beginning, and, just as millions of us in the real world would do, decided to act cool about it and simply create a situation that gives us an excuse to get closer to the person without questions. Yes, she secretly loved Makoto in the beginning and put her feelings aside by hooking him up with Katsura just as an excuse to get to know Makoto more by being his "go-to" girl to give him relationship advice. Unfortunately, she eventually and gradually gives in to her inner feelings and before you know it, Makoto suddenly begins to fall in love with Sekai instead. If you actually go back and watch the episodes, you can see Sekai continuously beg Makoto to stop (what they're doing), explaining that she didn't want to continue until he breaks it off with Katsura. The dumbass does what he does a billion times in the series and makes a stupid decision by putting it off over and over and over. You can actually hear her say on more than one occasion that she feels bad for Katsura and they should stop. How come suddenly everyone is forgetting these parts?

(the rest will be behind this spoiler tag because I kind of got lengthy...whoops..sorry)

Anyway, that's my take on it. Everyone's titled to their own opinions though, of course. :)
I almost dropped this anime (I just marathoned the whole thing tonight) around episode 4 or 5. I'm glad I didn't though. It was just so painfully ridiculous and sometimes boring to watch, and had a little too much 'stereotypical anime' stuff in it for my tastes. Fortunately, the show took a more interesting turn, and I'm glad I decided to stick it out tonight.

Now for the real questions:
1: What is this "School Days ONA" thing? A new show? I don't get it.
2: How are the games?
Nov 28, 2008 5:42 AM

Sep 2008
i really hate it!
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

itainteazy - Aug 2, 2007

179 by Seabury »»
Yesterday, 6:26 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Haoji - Jul 22, 2007

136 by Seabury »»
May 12, 5:56 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 13, 2007

119 by Seabury »»
May 11, 6:22 PM

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.