Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 6, 2008 8:15 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 7:45 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 6, 2008 7:28 PM

Dec 2007
Hey, that woman that's with Hiroshi may not even be his wife, Michiko is just too pissed off to stick around to confirm.
Nov 8, 2008 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
nice episode

was that really not him (the father)?but the picture looks the same as his face
Nov 8, 2008 6:12 AM

Jul 2008
@kokujin:she said "anata", so they're together in a way....nice episode, though a bit to laid back for my taste and when are they going to set up a real plot?
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Nov 8, 2008 7:37 AM

Nov 2007
Father looks like Spike Spiegel.
They are neither plants nor animals.
They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as Mushi. Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them.
Nov 8, 2008 8:22 AM

Apr 2008
I don't think that's the father. For one thing, I'm guessing this is a road movie so it would take away the main plot of the show. For another, wasn't the father a bit more of a glamorous hotshot, according to Michiko's description in epi 2? This guy doesn't look the part. The guy Hana "saw" in epi 1 when she ran away was more like it.
Nov 8, 2008 8:25 AM
May 2008
yep, he sure does =)

and i had great fun watching this episode. hope they'll keep series as good as it's now
Nov 8, 2008 10:00 AM

May 2008
Chinese dude will send you to hell with his kung fu~!

As long as they don't do anything unnecessary and keep this show as fun and loveable as it is now this will easily be in my 2008 top 10.
Nov 8, 2008 10:10 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode!! Michiko's heels are fierce, and I liked all of the different outfits she wore in this episode. She has a real talent for art. ;o And I love how Hatchin used the stone!
Nov 8, 2008 11:27 AM

Nov 2007
Haha Michiko is so gullible. xD

Another series by Manglobe, Samurai Champloo also had a strange fortune teller whose words came true, for the most part. : P The fortune teller was really crazy in this episode. =D
Nov 8, 2008 12:37 PM

Nov 2007
Damn, Hatchin looked pretty fly in those Jordans. Lol, this series is awesome.
Nov 8, 2008 1:06 PM

Jan 2008
I am under the impression that that actually was Hatchin's father, but he just isn't the man that Michiko used to idolize anymore.

Nov 8, 2008 2:50 PM
Oct 2008
A pretty good episode a little slower paced then the last 2, hana might have met her dad i think it was she just reliazed that he had started over and had another family and i dont think she wanted to ruin that for him
Nov 8, 2008 3:11 PM

Jul 2008
akagi111 said:
A pretty good episode a little slower paced then the last 2, hana might have met her dad i think it was she just reliazed that he had started over and had another family and i dont think she wanted to ruin that for him

I agreed with this too and the way her face was at that time it was also a sign.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 8, 2008 3:13 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode, by far the best out of the first three. Great direction, writing and atmosphere, I'm pretty hyped up for the next one now ;)

8GaugeBrett said:
I am under the impression that that actually was Hatchin's father, but he just isn't the man that Michiko used to idolize anymore.

Most probably not. Michiko just has a wrong portrait of Hiroshi I think, and nothing in her expression makes us feel like it could have been him in this house (or at least the staff would have made it clearer, it's just impossible if you think about it, tempting but impossible from a scenarist point of view). And since the plot has a lot of similarities to the Samurai Champloo's one, we probably won't see him until the last few episodes, just like Fuu's father.

Jigoku-n3ko said:
I don't think that's the father. For one thing, I'm guessing this is a road movie so it would take away the main plot of the show. For another, wasn't the father a bit more of a glamorous hotshot, according to Michiko's description in epi 2?

Exactly. Incoherent from a plot point of view since they'll search for him the whole show so there's no point in introducing him here, and the description doesn't fit. Plus I'm certain he's not him, don't ask me why, I know it, it's just insight ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 8, 2008 3:46 PM
Aug 2008
Hana having a problem against Michiko's bough shoes is weird. WHO CARES if the shoes given to you are stolen! As long as you can use them, JUST TAKE THEM!

Not really, it's a matter of principal. I liked this episode better than 2, but 1 is still way better. Well I guess it's almost impossible to write only epic episodes... I dont think he's the father, I think the man in the first episode was. The one with the B.D.F.F tattoo on his left arm.
Nov 8, 2008 3:50 PM

Jul 2008
CuttingEdge said:
Hana having a problem against Michiko's bough shoes is weird. WHO CARES if the shoes given to you are stolen! As long as you can use them, JUST TAKE THEM!

Not really, it's a matter of principal. I liked this episode better than 2, but 1 is still way better. Well I guess it's almost impossible to write only epic episodes... I dont think he's the father, I think the man in the first episode was. The one with the B.D.F.F tattoo on his left arm.

Yeah I get the culture thing. Guess Hana has good principle huh? She might have gotten most of her DNA from the father.
Nov 9, 2008 4:46 AM
Aug 2008
Possibly, she definately didnt get it from Michiko or her foster parents.
Nov 9, 2008 8:18 AM

Feb 2008
Another good episode.
I'm not entirely sure that was Hatchin's father. It's probably him though and the reason Michiko denied it was because he's not cool anymore. Oh well, if that's the reason they need to keep Michiko and Hatchin together then I'll buy it.

Edit: WTF is up with the topic title? There is no fucking need to put *spoiler* on an episode discussion topic.
kuroshiroiNov 9, 2008 9:06 AM
Nov 9, 2008 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
That old woman was scary. But at least she was right.
I'm glad Hatchin got rid of that stupid haircut.
The episode was enjoyable.
Nov 9, 2008 2:11 PM

Jul 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Another good episode.
I'm not entirely sure that was Hatchin's father. It's probably him though and the reason Michiko denied it was because he's not cool anymore. Oh well, if that's the reason they need to keep Michiko and Hatchin together then I'll buy it.

Edit: WTF is up with the topic title? There is no fucking need to put *spoiler* on an episode discussion topic.

People complain so I figured something sry.

kuroshiroi said:
angel999 said:
kuroshiroi said:
Another good episode.

No need to apologize, those people are obviously stupid.

The whole point of an episode discussion thread is to discuss that episode. If somebody were discussing future episodes in a thread this might be valid but that's forbidden anyway.

I WANT TO SPREAD THE ART! Another thing I don't get is that a lot of people tell me Japanese hate other races and all. I want to prove them wrong with this art and I know that works.

Hate does not = to art. Art is passion so hate cannot be part of it.
angel999Nov 9, 2008 2:29 PM
Nov 9, 2008 2:15 PM

Feb 2008
angel999 said:
kuroshiroi said:
Another good episode.

The whole point of an episode discussion thread is to discuss that episode. If somebody were discussing future episodes in a thread this might be valid but that's forbidden anyway.
Nov 9, 2008 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
It's a tough call whether or not that person was the dad or not. Hana seems pretty convinced. Michiko might know that too. It showed her taking a quick glance at the clothesline with kiddie clothes on it and pause for a moment.

Then while she's pulling Hana away, there's a moment when she's smiling for a moment, and then goes on to rant away at the old lady's predictions while breaking a sweat.

I think she did it out of consideration for the existing family. Considering the woman who answered the door looked at both Michiko and Hana and had a fairly angry voice after seeing the two.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 10, 2008 8:02 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode, that scene with the fortune teller was hilarious, "God's nail clippings" C'mon, lmao! Michiko kicking Hatchin out of the bed was pretty funny too. I also thought the Hiroshi portrait looked liked Spike Spiegel. I'm not sure that he was actually the father.
Nov 10, 2008 10:48 AM

Aug 2008
I have a resturant like that in my neighborhood. Except it's not Chinese, it's Indian, and it's a little bigger.

angel999 said:
CuttingEdge said:
Not really, it's a matter of principal.
Yeah I get the culture thing. Guess Hana has good principle huh? She might have gotten most of her DNA from the father.
Umm, principle and culture are not the same thing. It has nothing whatsoever to do with culture.
angel999 said:
kuroshiroi said:
angel999 said:

I WANT TO SPREAD THE ART! Another thing I don't get is that a lot of people tell me Japanese hate other races and all. I want to prove them wrong with this art and I know that works.

Hate does not = to art. Art is passion so hate cannot be part of it.

WTF?
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 11, 2008 4:05 AM

Apr 2007
Windspirit said:
Father looks like Spike Spiegel.

Yeah, that was my thought.

JadeMatrix said:
Umm, principle and culture are not the same thing. It has nothing whatsoever to do with culture.

That's arguable. I mean, in your culture, if you were raised up to believe that's the respectable and moral thing to do, then yeah. Who knows? There could be some countries that teach their kids to take whatever they can without guilt.

Anyway. . .
The chase was dramatic, lol. I was like zomg old woman's predictions coming true?!!?!?
Well, of course that'd be foreshadowing.. I mean then she'd be there for no reason xD But oh, the irony. :D

I actually liked Hatchin's hair before, too. :( Now she seems more of a guy.

I actually think that was her father.. but who knows? It seems like that'd be ending way too fast, 'cause what else is gonna happen? This can't be 3 episodes long.
lovescreamNov 11, 2008 4:10 AM

Nov 11, 2008 4:53 PM

Nov 2007
Maybe not as great as the first two episodes, but good nonetheless. And I can't stress enough how damn good it looks. Really love the vibrant colours.
Nov 11, 2008 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
i think that is one of the best animes of this season...
Nov 11, 2008 9:05 PM

Apr 2007
Probably my favorite episode so far. I just loved the atmosphere of it all.

And Hatchin's new haircut is awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2008 1:31 AM

Apr 2007
Glad I wasn't the only who thought that portrait of Hiroshi was oddly reminiscent of Spike Spiegel.

I did like how Hana took off the shoes once she noticed the price though. And I really don't know what to think of the father bit at the end; to me the portrait seemed pretty spot on and Michiko's reaction makes me think it was Hiroshi, but who knows.
Nov 12, 2008 1:53 AM

Mar 2008
Jigoku-n3ko said:
I don't think that's the father. For one thing, I'm guessing this is a road movie so it would take away the main plot of the show. For another, wasn't the father a bit more of a glamorous hotshot, according to Michiko's description in epi 2? This guy doesn't look the part. The guy Hana "saw" in epi 1 when she ran away was more like it.

yeah he lacks the attitude... so just a doppelganger i guess...

i laughed at Hana/Hatchin stepped in the dog crap as a fulfillment of the prophecy XD

......... good things she cut off those poof balls, they were bugging me almost, too distracting lol
Nov 12, 2008 7:20 PM

Oct 2008
yay finally hatchin doesnt look like a total idiot and that old lady was made of ownage i mean really nothing like screaming and shaking your arms to go into trance
Nov 13, 2008 1:16 AM

Oct 2007
hilarious episode... really enjoyed it... fortune teller was pretty freaky
Nov 14, 2008 11:07 PM

Jun 2007
That kid with the gun should have gotten shot in the leg as a lesson :P.

BTW. The prophecy's came true however the one that was told to Michiko wasn't specific to Hana's dad. The fortune teller told her she would meet the man she's been searching for. The man she's been searching for has been the man on the picture. Also that "she" would have two kids, she meaning the women Michiko saw with the guy. So it came true it just wasn't the correct guy she was looking for :P.
Nov 15, 2008 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode, love this series, if it keeps up it will easily fall into my favorites. Chinese restaurant was awesome, and everything was just so much fun to watch, best episode so far by a mile. It seemed to me like it was indeed the father, based on not only their reactions, but also the fathers reaction to them... but Michiko didn't want to disrupt his life. Maybe it wasn't, guess we'll see as it goes on.
Nov 15, 2008 12:43 PM

May 2007
This series is a blast so far. I'm loving every minute of it.
Nov 15, 2008 7:20 PM

Oct 2008
Holy crap! Isn't that one of the three old guys from Cowboy Bebop sitting across from them at the restaurant!?
Nov 17, 2008 8:40 PM

Jan 2008
Haha, the fortune teller was actually right.
Nov 23, 2008 9:46 AM

May 2007
Spike? What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on Mars or somewhere?

Leaving that aside, I liked this better than the first one. Hatchin got rid of her annoying hair style, Michiko is still hot, and the restaurant owner saves the day by his awesome kung-fu moves...or not.
Nov 26, 2008 11:09 PM

Aug 2007
Aww, Hatchin cut her pig tails off.

Dec 5, 2008 7:37 AM

Sep 2008
Lol watchin that crazy "god" person was soooooo worth this ep!!!!!
Dec 13, 2008 9:29 AM

Jan 2008
De-JaY said:

I'm glad Hatchin got rid of that stupid haircut.

I agree. That was really annoying me! I love the drawing part though, pretty hilarious. Good episode!
Mar 26, 2009 3:24 PM

Jun 2008
Zomg, that old lady was insane. I actually didn't mind Hatchin's previous hair, she looks cute either way. I'm really enjoying this ~
Apr 30, 2009 5:43 AM

Jan 2009
Episode was fine, but the previous 2 were better

Sep 6, 2009 2:52 PM

May 2009
Hahaha, Michiko's drawing of Hatchin was so amazing.

Pretty interesting stuff though. Two people with completely different moral compasses.
Jun 7, 2011 2:09 AM

May 2010
Now I am really curious...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 12, 2011 4:09 AM

Feb 2011
Black characters looks so hot o.O
Apr 6, 2012 7:10 PM

Jan 2012
i doubt that was the father, it just didn't feel right to me, semt to early for him to be introduced but i could be wrong, loved the kung fu resteraunt owner xD he was kinda amusing! Lot more laid back this epsiode, no car chases and such, liked it. will carry on watching for sure!
Jul 5, 2012 12:48 AM

Jul 2011
stupid fucking kids -_____-
and is that hatchin dad or not
Feb 4, 2013 10:20 PM

Feb 2010
LOl that chinese guy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

242 by Perrin4869 »»
May 14, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

56 by Perrin4869 »»
May 13, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.