Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2012 1:38 PM

Sep 2011
Uhm...
Nov 3, 2012 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
I can't wait for kirito to find out lyfa is his sister. That would be the greatest development ever
Nov 3, 2012 1:39 PM

May 2010
So what would happen if Kirito walked into his creep-sister's room and saw the poster on her ceiling? "Oh shit, she's Leafa! I never even recognized her voice!" ... It has to happen, ok.

Anyway, the writing in this show continues to be hilariously terrible. :D Although, I suppose how Asuna looked in the mirror to see what numbers the guy hit was probably the only intelligent thing she's done so far. But she's still Princess fucking Peach waiting for Mario to come save her weak ass. o_o'
Nov 3, 2012 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
UnbornMVs said:
SUGUHA IS SO HOT <3

LOL FTW! :D

Nov 3, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
Andyis said:
I can't wait for kirito to find out lyfa is his sister. That would be the greatest development ever

Me too though I couldn't predict on what way he will find out that Leafa is his cousin/sister.

FranLawliet said:
Although, I suppose how Asuna looked in the mirror to see what numbers the guy hit was probably the only intelligent thing she's done so far. But she's still Princess fucking Peach waiting for Mario to come save her weak ass. o_o'

+1.

Nov 3, 2012 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Great As Usual.
Sogou's Sick As Always.
And Asuna Came To Know The Password. The Question's Whether She Will Try To Escape Or Not?
Thought The Episode Was a Bit Short. Maybe It's Just My Imagination.
Anyways, Can't Wait For The Next Episode.
Nov 3, 2012 1:50 PM

Mar 2011
Suguha is hot.Damnit that cliffhanger at the end.
Nov 3, 2012 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
RockerXD said:
They couldve cut down the fanservice secene by 15-25 sec and used that 15-25 sec to make her say this "Sigurd had invited her to join his party. Lyfa had accepted the offer on two conditions: she would only participate when she can and she could quit if she wanted to. Specifically, she wanted him to know that she doesn't want to be tied down with responsibilities. "

Somehow I believe that more DVDs will be sold because of those 15-25 seconds of fanservice than 50 minutes of more detail. Them's the world we live in.

View suffering through 15-25 seconds of fanservice as your cable subscription to be able to watch these online. Much like the internet, animation primarily exists because of all the pervs. God bless them, everyone of them! Otherwise animation would be about as profitable as newspapers.

^ +1 Though I really dislike fanservice, I agree with that statement.
~
Anyways, it was a nice episode. And I loved the picture at the end of the episode.
Nov 3, 2012 1:58 PM
Oct 2012
FranLawliet said:
So what would happen if Kirito walked into his creep-sister's room and saw the poster on her ceiling? "Oh shit, she's Leafa! I never even recognized her voice!" ... It has to happen, ok.

Anyway, the writing in this show continues to be hilariously terrible. :D Although, I suppose how Asuna looked in the mirror to see what numbers the guy hit was probably the only intelligent thing she's done so far. But she's still Princess fucking Peach waiting for Mario to come save her weak ass. o_o'

Good good. Let it all out. We are here to help you work through your many obvious personal demons.

Edit: just thought of something though. We hear our own voices differently than other people hear them, since the sound wave is transmitted through directly to our hears. I wonder what our voices would sound like without having to go through our vocal chords. It wouldn't sound like what other people hear because it wouldn't use air as a medium.
Takuan_SohoNov 3, 2012 2:06 PM
Nov 3, 2012 2:04 PM

Feb 2011
Not even 5 minutes in and we already see Suguha's non-virtual pantsu. And then later we see her taking a shower. I can hear them SAO fans going all "waku waku."

Also, Kirito was called The Black Swordsman, and now he's using a great sword. It's like he's trying to pose as Guts.
I'm a douche. Deal with it.
Nov 3, 2012 2:06 PM

May 2011
Looks like someone after them.

This can be interesting.
Nov 3, 2012 2:09 PM

Nov 2009
Oh the dramatic irony.

Seriously though, I waited a whole week for this episode and practically nothing happened. xD Which only means that this week will be more torturous because I'm expecting an epic episode next week to make up for it.
curiouser and curiouser :)
Nov 3, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
Poor Sugu, she's falling in love with the wrong person all over again xD feeling even worse for her now lol

:Insert unnecessary fanservice:

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 3, 2012 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
So Kirito's sister/cousin doesn't know his true identity? I'm sorta confused.
Nov 3, 2012 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
guys
Lyras ex party leader ...

IS THE IDIOT WHO WANTS TO MARRY ASUNA

you may be thinking "how the hell did she (well not just me come on now) come up with that"
but I can explain ladies and gentleman

1. I could sense the idiot-ness, I'm being highly serious here .___.

2. THE VOICES SOUND THE SAME.

If you go to 19:15 on episode 17

and compare it to the party leaders mini-speech in episode 18 at 6:42 (well about there anyways)

you will notice the similarity in the voice.

Going on to point 3:

3. THE APPEARANCE - excuse messy handwriting (go on spoiler to view the image because it's pretty big)

Conclusion:

We (me and my friend) think that he's doing an Akihiko and actually playing the game as well as being a system admin (well after all Akihiko was playing as Heathcliff)

Kirito says this to Akihiko in episode 14 and well Akihiko much pretty much agreed to what he said and asked him how did he work out that he's Heathcliff:

"Something has always bothered me, ever since I arrived here. Where does he hide and watch as he adjusts the world... But i'd forgotten a simple piece of psychology. As any kid knows, theres nothing as boring as watching somebody else play an RPG"

Plus the idiot said in episode 17 that "Kayaba-senpai was a genius, but a fool" , so maybe the idiot's looking up to him and copying some of his moves? Idk but it sounds like a good guess :)

Anyways we'll have to guess what happens but this is what me and my friend think ;p

edit: me nor my friend has read the light novels so we don't actually know if this theory is true or not

Mod Edit: No links to copyrighted material!
LunaNov 4, 2012 1:17 AM
Nov 3, 2012 2:21 PM
Apr 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sugou continues to be one of the worst antagonists i have seen,...
I mean i knew all this since i read the LN but still...he really is the worst antagonist in any of the arcs so far imo, people can say wherever they want about Kayaba, but truth of the matter is that Kayaba owns Sugou as an antagonist.

Nov 3, 2012 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
SORRY FOR THE SPEECH
BUT I HAD TO PUT THAT
I WAS PROUD

ok I'll shut up now
oh and I don't think anything interesting happened in the episode but I was focused on the "idiot is party leader" theory :')
Nov 3, 2012 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
RivalVinyl said:
So Kirito's sister/cousin doesn't know his true identity? I'm sorta confused.

i take it you haven't been reading the last few episode discussions if you're still confused...and no she doesn't know her cousin is Kirito as only a handful know of his alias due to privacy

as for episode, it was ok and was kind of expecting it to be pretty plain this week. Whilst I don't mind this part of the cour dragging out compared to the fast past of SAO, I'm thinking too much of the show is put on Suguha which is a bit of a downer specially when...

as for a 2nd season, does anyone know if they are actually going release GGO and onwards as I can't seem to find a source that claims it
Nov 3, 2012 2:24 PM

Oct 2012

Just to note, we both spent ages coming up with that theory. (Im her nutter friend.)

I also have something to put fourth as to what I believe could be coming.
From episode 14 Kayaba says something along the lines of "We'll meet again".
Thus I think that in the final battle to rescue poor asuna, Kayaba will make his return. From what I gathered in the way he said things as kirito and asuna were sitting watching the world collapse he seemed like he wanted to do something for Kirito in return for what he had created in his MMO.

Maybe I'm just a fool with an overactive imagination...
LunaNov 4, 2012 1:20 AM
Nov 3, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2012

OR MAYBE WE'RE BOTH FOOLS WITH OVERACTIVE IMAGINATIONS O___O
Nov 3, 2012 2:29 PM

Feb 2011
"RENEGADE" reminds me of mass effect.
Nov 3, 2012 2:30 PM

Oct 2012

Sounds about right. :(
Nov 3, 2012 2:34 PM

Jun 2009
I can't take fairies seriously, I was laughing the whole episode omgsh.

Yui is the cutest thing though ♥♥♥
Nov 3, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
fantasyisflying said:
KayabaAkihiko said:

yeah...umm..no

May 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
RockerXD said:
They couldve cut down the fanservice secene by 15-25 sec and used that 15-25 sec to make her say this "Sigurd had invited her to join his party. Lyfa had accepted the offer on two conditions: she would only participate when she can and she could quit if she wanted to. Specifically, she wanted him to know that she doesn't want to be tied down with responsibilities. "

Somehow I believe that more DVDs will be sold because of those 15-25 seconds of fanservice than 50 minutes of more detail. Them's the world we live in.

View suffering through 15-25 seconds of fanservice as your cable subscription to be able to watch these online. Much like the internet, animation primarily exists because of all the pervs. God bless them, everyone of them! Otherwise animation would be about as profitable as newspapers.

The problem with that is all these small but important details get cut, for something that is pretty much optional and not making anything any clearer. The entire thing was like 45sec-1min, it could've been cut short for that small freaking detail. Sure sex sells, but look at Fate/Zero, I'm sure as hell some people paid 450 bucks for them BDs.
Jun 2010
ssjokg said:
Sixth said:
It was weird she would leave her clan for a dude she just met.....but yeah, pretty alright episode this week. Next week should be way more interesting :p

She left the party not the clan.Which is pretty normal in mmos

You will be surprise how some people are with parties still. I've have played game where I was in a friends' friend party, where he didn't like the idea of me or my other friends doing dungeons with anyone else beside for with him and his friends. Of course it wasn't like this at first, but as time passes, his possessive character shows.

Long story short, after a month, me and my other friends ditch that person's guild and party due to all the restriction and greed he had. It is always fun to party with people to enjoy the game, but when they try to tie you down is another issue.
Nov 3, 2012 2:44 PM

Aug 2012
Scrypt said:
fantasyisflying said:
KayabaAkihiko said:

yeah...umm..no

aw well, at least it was fun coming up with the theory *sigh* and yeah you do have a good point with the appearance point :)
Nov 3, 2012 2:49 PM
Jul 2012
during the shopping wasnt kirito suppose to complain about 1hand swords to be too light to wield just as his complaint on Lisbeth's swords...hence he chose a 2-hand sword instead because it is heavy...
-
i dont see a que ff7 reference by haters yet
Nov 3, 2012 2:54 PM

Sep 2012
nice slow paced episode.....nothing really happening but still entertaining

loved Yui in this episode, it was really cute how kirito just put her in his pocket

though i was kinda disappointed that they cut out kirito complaining about the swords being too light for him, "it needs to be heavier"

im really looking forward to the next episode now, because thats where the action begins
Nov 3, 2012 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
baril said:
during the shopping wasnt kirito suppose to complain about 1hand swords to be too light to wield just as his complaint on Lisbeth's swords...hence he chose a 2-hand sword instead because it is heavy...
-
i dont see a que ff7 reference by haters yet

because we had the "Berserk reference" some post before.
Nov 3, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
Need more Leafa fanservice and less Suguha. :(
Nov 3, 2012 2:58 PM

Oct 2012

It was an excuse for me to go back and watch episode 14. ;)
Nov 3, 2012 2:59 PM
Oct 2012
RockerXD said:
Takuan_Soho said:
RockerXD said:

The problem with that is all these small but important details get cut, for something that is pretty much optional and not making anything any clearer. The entire thing was like 45sec-1min, it could've been cut short for that small freaking detail. Sure sex sells, but look at Fate/Zero, I'm sure as hell some people paid 450 bucks for them BDs.

Actually they do have her saying: "You promised I could join when I had time and could leave when I wanted to." Around the 7 minute mark. Forgot about that when I commented.

Personally I agree with you, but I think we shouldn't confuse our wishes for economic reality.

Fate/Night was a huge success as a game that they brought over to Animation, the producers already knew that people were willing and able to spend $100 on a game, and could estimate how many would probably be willing to purchase the DVDs.

SAO, while popular, had no such track record. People liked it, but would they be willing to spend the money on the DVDs? The most expensive SAO product was the $7 light novel. The risk was corresponding much greater. The producers are obviously hedging their bets with the fanservice. They will get far more people to watch the show with it, than they will lose by showing it.

As Mencken said: "you will never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public". I can honestly report this is a universal and not a regional truth.
Nov 3, 2012 3:14 PM
Sep 2012
Kurogashi said:
I don't know about you but they're both hot to me. I thought that Suguha was kinda sexy in her underwear. Now if only someone could get rid of that white mist it would be perfect.
Nov 3, 2012 3:20 PM
Sep 2011
AiCon said:
Kurogashi said:
I don't know about you but they're both hot to me. I thought that Suguha was kinda sexy in her underwear. Now if only someone could get rid of that white mist it would be perfect.

Wait for BD.

Now the battle part of ALO starts, waiting for good animation.
Nov 3, 2012 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
Watched this episode for the 'plots'. Otherwise, not much different from the previous where nothing much really happened.
Nov 3, 2012 3:40 PM
Oct 2012
like the new sword... but also you know next episode is going to have a good part in it... like what will happen in it.. Can't wait for next episode to come out
Nov 3, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
he reminds me of Zack from ff7, i just couldnt help but laugh

i mean come on, his clothes, his spikey black hair and even the sword is similar
Nov 3, 2012 3:44 PM

Aug 2011
Why does everyone hate Sugou so much?
Another horrible episode. Sugou being a creep was cool though.
Nov 3, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
LordStraw said:

Indeed. He amuses me. Haters gonna hate. :(

Nov 3, 2012 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
Zekken said:

i mean come on, his clothes, his spikey black hair and even the sword is similar
Zekken said:

Now if only he was half as good of a character.

He kinda reminds me of an oversized puck.
Nov 3, 2012 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
This show seems to have hit it's stride.

And by "hit it's stride," I mean "consistently boring but at least it's not as bad as episode 14."

I wish Sugou talked like a gangster in 50's mob flicks and ended all his sentences in ",see?"

"I met Kirito, see? I met him in the real world, See?"

A tommy gun would be neat too.
Nov 3, 2012 4:05 PM

Dec 2009
If it saves anyone some time, holding up a mirror while playing back the Sugu fanservice scene doesn't work. XD

Thoughts on the episode:

* It's nice seeing Suguha's reasons for diving in ALO
* Another power hungry d-bag appears ugh.
* Being Recon is suffering
* Kirito looks like one of the Post-FF6 characters
* So much of Sugu's SUGU'S!
* RAEG
* Cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode

This arc feels a lot slower than SAO. Although we do get to see how a VRMMO works if it doesn't have the whole dying penalty.
Nov 3, 2012 4:06 PM

Dec 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

More like trolls going to troll, look around you and see how big of a minority you are, Sugou is a hated character for a reason or are you going to say we are all insane and you are the only ones of right mind.
Nov 3, 2012 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

More like trolls going to troll, look around you and see how big of a minority you are, Sugou is a hated character for a reason or are you going to say we are all insane and you are the only ones of right mind.

NTR fans, that's all.
Nov 3, 2012 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

Nope. I'm not trolling and it's true he amuses me because of his character. And I didn't say anything about you Sugou haters are insane or implying on that level.
TennoujiNov 3, 2012 4:25 PM

Nov 3, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2011
Just when I was liking ALO, I found this episode rather weak, mainly because of that conflict between Lyfa and her possesive party leader. If they were trapped in SAO, I would understand it, but here it´s feels a bit exagerated, even with the whole Territory and Renegade thing. At least they didn´t conclude it with Kirito fighting for her dignity (I think Lyfa should have fend them off without his help, though).
While I dislike Asuna, I want to see how she´ll try her escape...
3/5
Nov 3, 2012 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
Kirito and his knock off Dragon Slayer. Guts does not approve.
Nov 3, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Sa-chan_ said:
LordStraw said:

I could argue that it´s retarded to despise a blatantly bad written villian. His machiavelic attitude is managed in such an unsubtle way that it´s funny, actually.
Nov 3, 2012 4:20 PM

Jan 2011
that has to be one of the lamest villains ive seen in a while
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.