Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2012 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems like he doesn't know what to do for the date. lol @ him saying something like he confessed her in front of others. Brother appearing and he ended up meeting the megane girl, who is class rep. (Hanazawa-san?), she eventually said thank you to him for saving her.

lol~ Yoshida brothers arguing over if Haru should go back like their father requested, and involving Shizuku.

Little more about his family, then she touched his face.

LOL @ the trailer / preview.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 29, 2012 9:59 AM

Nov 2011

Haru sure loves them chickens. I don't think he loves his brother as much though, especially in this episode. I actually liked watching Shizuru and Yuuzan's interactions this episode though. It's a little different but was entertaining to watch. I think Haru and Yuuzan should settle it in a street fight or something. Oh God, that would be funny.

Dat blush:
Oct 29, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
Stark700 said:

Dat blush:

LOL~ so that's where that CM came from.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 29, 2012 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
Stark700 said:

Dat blush:

LOL~ so that's where that CM came from.

Ya, it was pretty funny.

And that ED was funny as hell as well. Dat samurai fights.

tsubasalover said:
Brother appearing and he ended up meeting the megane girl, who is class rep. (Hanazawa-san?), she eventually said thank you to him for saving her.

Yup, Kana Hanazawa voices Chizuru in the series. I hope we can get to her parts soon in the series as I'm pretty sure the next episode will begin some of the drama, especially given that ending scene.

Oct 29, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
I was looking forward to the date with the usual comedic antics, but at least we got some plot.

The class rep reminds me of Anri from Durarara.

My favorite part was the "movie trailer," it actually looked pretty good!
Oct 29, 2012 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
Really good episode as usual :D
Shizuku is way cuter in the anime than in the manga. They're really doing a good job :)

Time for some Chizuru.
I can't wait for Yamaken to join the team...things will get better then hehe

And lol at the Gangbangers skit at the end XD...Yamaken on Shizuku saying "Ane-san" XDXD
Oct 29, 2012 11:57 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode, and yea the girl with glasses does loook like anri from durarara haha.

Oct 29, 2012 12:06 PM

Apr 2012
ClementIV said:
I was looking forward to the date with the usual comedic antics, but at least we got some plot.

This.
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 29, 2012 12:07 PM

Jul 2010
Shizuru and Yuuzan talking to each other really helped out this episode in explaining why Haru has been avoiding Yuuzan all this time.

Yes, that movie preview was quite entertaining to watch!
Oct 29, 2012 12:08 PM

Mar 2012
I feel bad for the girl in glasses.
Oct 29, 2012 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
Wait...what was that look between class rep and MC at the end about?
looked...questionable...
Oct 29, 2012 12:51 PM

Sep 2011
transcendent12 said:
Wait...what was that look between class rep and MC at the end about?
looked...questionable...

Simple .. the look was saying 'don't mess with MY Haru'!
Oct 29, 2012 12:54 PM
Sep 2011
Well, this anime keeps walking on the highway to success. Probably the reason why this anime is the best and most popular of this season up to date, is that it is steadily proceeding with it's plot and always having high quality episodes.
Oct 29, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
Why is it so good.Why Shizuku is so awesome.

5/5 as always.
Oct 29, 2012 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode as usual 5/5, gosh i love this anime so much!

Although this episode does not have as much comedy as the previous episodes, but at least we got a lot of plot progression with Haru's past.

Now after this episode, both Haru and Shizuku have the same resolve to stay with each other always :)

It seems as though Shizuku has a new love rival, the girl in glasses Ooshima.
Though she's probably just a catalyst to make Shizuku jealous heh.

Lmao at the small Shizuku vs Yoshida clan scene at the end of the episode.
Oct 29, 2012 1:02 PM

Jun 2010
It needed more Natsume. XD

Hard to believe this anime is shoujo.

Oct 29, 2012 1:19 PM

Jul 2012
This is too good for words, love it so much XD That "movie trailer" at the end was hilarious. This show never fails to make me laugh. Good plot development as well.

I feel kind of bad for the class-rep, I mean we know she's not going to get him in the end but she's just so shy and cute and gaaaaahhhh, I don't want to see her heart get crushed Dx

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 29, 2012 1:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Oooh, is that a rival in love appearing?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 29, 2012 1:36 PM

Mar 2012
wtf dat preview then the chicken
btw when I saw Sasayan in his ninja costume I like Waaahhh
it's just like Kiri Katou from SKET Dance (they have the same VA)
Oct 29, 2012 1:37 PM
Sep 2012
This episode has so many great moments, I don't really know where to begin.

I always get a kick when ever I see Haru turn a normal sistuation into an embarrassing one by saying things in front of the other students that makes Shizuku embarrassed. Oh, the look on her face. lol

I knew that Yuuzan would steal Shizuku the moment we saw him at school. The look on Haru's face when Yuuzan sent him that picture with him and Shizuku was so funny. It's nice to know that after chasing after Haru all this time it's nice to know Yuuzan is actually looking out for Haru.

Poor Natsume. Everyone shunned her a bit when she told them that she had a cold so she put on that mask. Don't worry Natsume, I still like you. It was also a touching moment when they told each other that they didn't want anything else but each other.

Looks like Shizuku has a new rival.

That trailer in the end... lmao :)

Simply the best show of the season.
Oct 29, 2012 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Hahahah xD really good episode :D
I loved it when he said he wasn't sure what to do at night lol
And poor Natsume who's sick... ^^'
And well Haru enraged when that glasses girl turned to look at him was pretty funny too :p
And the ending was so random too...
Oct 29, 2012 1:57 PM
Sep 2011
AiCon said:
This episode has so many great moments, I don't really know where to begin.

I always get a kick when ever I see Haru turn a normal sistuation into an embarrassing one by saying things in front of the other students that makes Shizuku embarrassed. Oh, the look on her face. lol

I knew that Yuuzan would steal Shizuku the moment we saw him at school. The look on Haru's face when Yuuzan sent him that picture with him and Shizuku was so funny. It's nice to know that after chasing after Haru all this time it's nice to know Yuuzan is actually looking out for Haru.

Poor Natsume. Everyone shunned her a bit when she told them that she had a cold so she put on that mask. Don't worry Natsume, I still like you. It was also a touching moment when they told each other that they didn't want anything else but each other.

Looks like Shizuku has a new rival.

That trailer in the end... lmao :)

Simply the best show of the season.

Agreed.
Oct 29, 2012 1:58 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode, and great anime so far :) one of my fav this fall/winter.
Oct 29, 2012 2:00 PM

May 2011
Dat trailer.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 29, 2012 2:01 PM
Nov 2011
That girl with the glasses is so fucking cute.
Oct 29, 2012 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
HAHA at the trailer... "My Little Gangbanger" lol

Such a good episode.. more character development and more about Haru's family + past. Oh, now it seems that there's a love rival. YESS.

I love this show.
Oct 29, 2012 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
Gaah, Shizuku and Haru are too cutee!!! Love themmmmm <3

Also that black-haired girl is really adorable though, I have to say :)
but Yuzan annoys me soo much >.<
Oct 29, 2012 2:43 PM
Mar 2012
That Yuzan guy is weird. The whole family seems screwed up.

WTF was up with that samurai preview? Gangbanger?
Oct 29, 2012 2:51 PM

May 2011
LOL that samurai preview.

Ah, the class rep has crush on Haru there.
Oct 29, 2012 3:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
AiCon said:
It's nice to know that after chasing after Haru all this time it's nice to know Yuuzan is actually looking out for Haru.
Hmm. I don't know. I got the impression he was telling Shizuku he didn't want Haru to come home cause they'd 'kill each other' and that she was his key to keeping Haru from returning.
Oct 29, 2012 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
Cratex said:
AiCon said:
It's nice to know that after chasing after Haru all this time it's nice to know Yuuzan is actually looking out for Haru.
Hmm. I don't know. I got the impression he was telling Shizuku he didn't want Haru to come home cause they'd 'kill each other' and that she was his key to keeping Haru from returning.

I think there was also more to it than that. He was implying that if his father changed his mind again and that Haru really had to come back home then he would have to do something about Shizuku. He's kind of scary and I can understand why Haru doesn't like him.
Oct 29, 2012 3:20 PM

May 2012
Aerbage said:
ClementIV said:

This.

I second this.
Oct 29, 2012 3:27 PM

Dec 2011
Class rep is a new rival in love! This is getting interesting!
Now I wanna know Haru's background. Looks like he is from a rich family.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
Hana Kanazawa :O
Oct 29, 2012 3:40 PM

Jan 2011
Girl in the glasses is voiced by Kana Hanazawa so there is no way she is going to win romantically.

Another great episode from the best show this season.
[center]
Oct 29, 2012 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
Though a bit slower than usual, this was an excellent episode, as it primarily focused on character and relationship development. This episode essentially diminished it's lighthearted nature in favor of a largely serious tone, and I thought it worked really well, providing a necessary contrast to those that came before.

This episode developed Haru and Shizuku's relationship considerably, from Shizuku coming to fully understand that she's the reason he's changed so thoroughly to the seemingly unexpected realization that she longs to continually be close to him, unaffected by separation, which culminated with that brilliant moment where she touches his face. Haru's anxiety about the planned date was hilarious, as was the background scene in which Natsume questions Sasayan about all the pictures he took of her in a swimsuit. I would have definitely liked to see Haru and Shizuku's date, but their moment beneath the sunset was easily my favorite scene from the episode, and it certainly compensated for the absence of an actual date.

Haru and Shizuku's interactions remain the most engaging element of the show. Haru revealing a portion of his past to her was an essential step for their gradually developing relationship, as it effectively illustrated how much Haru's typically distant self has been noticeably altered since meeting her. Although this might ultimately be temporary, I love that they actually discuss their worries and frustrations, rather than allowing misunderstandings to constantly force them apart, which is a rather refreshing differentiation from what tends to occur in this genre. The final scene with Chizuru was easily the weakest part of the episode, since her sudden, yet predictable romantic interest in Haru isn't particularly interesting; nor is her inevitable role as a love rival, but I understand that this is basically required for the majority of romantic comedies.

Yuzan's not as unlikable as I initially expected, but he's definitely a slight nuisance, since the knowledge that Haru's difficulties with his family seem to indicate a potential foreshadowing for future developments in which his brother decides to compel Haru to return home. Aside from him, the majority of the characters are engaging and extremely likable. Haru's abrasive, but kind personality continues to be effortlessly amusing, as he's easily the most interesting character. Shizuku's inner monologues are quite insightful much of the time and, quite surprisingly, don't become repetitive. So far, aside from Yamaken, Chizuru is the worst character, since her characterization is rather one-dimensional and uninteresting, especially now that she's a "love rival", but, hopefully, her character can actually develop as the story progresses rather than being relegated solely into a role in which she unnecessarily distracts from the central relationship for too long. Thankfully, of the potential rivals, she's the least likely to irritate by far. One of the only things lacking in this episode was an abundance of Natsume and Sasayan.

The production values were exceptional throughout, and a definite improvement over the inconsistencies of the last two episodes. The art is terrific, most notable in it's use of a wonderfully bright, colorful aesthetic for the backgrounds. The animation is quite impressive as well, particularly in it's ability to capture specific emotions through highly expressive facial reactions and exaggerated movement. The music accompanies touching moments beautifully, greatly illuminating a sweetly romantic atmosphere.

All in all, Tonari manages to consistently excel with it's excellent story, a compelling relationship, and the exceptionally enjoyable character interactions that suffuse each episode. I'm really looking forward to the continuing development of Haru and Shizuku's relationship, but, unfortunately, given the title to the next episode and the ending to this one, it appears that potentially annoying drama will surface. I'm not particularly concerned about this dragging down the story though, since, so far, the execution of the narrative has been highly impressive and consistently enjoyable. The fake preview for My Little Gangbanger was fantastic. Although, it seems likely that this trailer foreshadows Yamaken eventually becoming an incredibly interfering "rival", which would be a rather unwelcome development, since he's probably the most unlikable character thus far.
Oct 29, 2012 3:55 PM

Nov 2009
xinxin-san said:
Aerbage said:
ClementIV said:

This.

I second this.

yeeeeeeeeee
Oct 29, 2012 4:06 PM
Sep 2012
scruffykiwi said:
Cratex said:
AiCon said:

I think there was also more to it than that. He was implying that if his father changed his mind again and that Haru really had to come back home then he would have to do something about Shizuku. He's kind of scary and I can understand why Haru doesn't like him.
I personally think that Yuuzan is just misunderstood just like Haru. They were close, after all, in their childhood days and I think in middle school as well. I think that Yuuzan is looking out for Haru in his strange way just like Haru does things in his own odd way. They are brothers after all.
VioLink said:
Girl in the glasses is voiced by Kana Hanazawa so there is no way she is going to win romantically.

Another great episode from the best show this season.
Funny how Kana Hanazawa and Haruka Tomatsu usually play love rivals when they're together. Kana-chan usually plays the love rival who, in many roles, are nice shy girls who will never get the guy. Haruka is usually the hot girl who wins the guy in the end.
IconicOct 29, 2012 4:12 PM
Oct 29, 2012 4:31 PM

Dec 2010
Another awesome episode, this really continues to be great on a consistent basis.
Oct 29, 2012 4:35 PM

Nov 2009
Wonderful episode, I longed for a romance comedy with good character developments like Tonari for a long time ... I couldn't even remember the last time I watch a rom com which I enjoyed so much like Tonari, perhaps 1 and half years ago ...

Anyway, poor Natsume-san, they treat the cute girl so cruelly, I felt sad for her, she really needs some love.
So many blushing moments this episode, and the interactions between Shizuku and Haru were just cute.
Looks like the class rep has fallen for Haru, and Shizuku also realized that. Hmm woman intuition is scary sometimes.

One of the best rom-com recently.
Oct 29, 2012 4:35 PM
Sep 2012
Highlight of the episode was prob the preview, laughed for awhile watching that. Seems like the class rep is interested in Haru. Good episode talking about Haru's past.
Oct 29, 2012 4:39 PM

Sep 2012
Dang, those brothers, another girl, and unexpected trailer. Lol.
The way they both blushed, :o
Good episode.
Oct 29, 2012 4:39 PM

Mar 2008
Barion-Zara said:
I can't wait for Yamaken to join the team...things will get better then hehe
And lol at the Gangbangers skit at the end XD...Yamaken on Shizuku saying "Ane-san" XDXD

please put it in a spoiler next time
most of us arent reading the manga, therefore we didn't know Yamaken was gonna join yet

that being said,
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kan is really an amazingly enjoyable anime, really loving it
knowing it'll only be 13 episodes long makes me sad : (
im already hoping that there'll be another season, 13 episodes of this anime surely won't be enough to satisfy me !
i really hope the whole manga (everything!) will be made into an anime

the manga was published end 2008 tho... and seeing how theres only 34 chapters... i guess we'd have to wait quite a long time for season 2, if there's even gonna be another season
i sure hope so..

Lelouch22 said:
The fake preview for My Little Gangbanger was fantastic. Although, it seems likely that this trailer foreshadows Yamaken eventually becoming an incredibly interfering "rival", which would be a rather unwelcome development, since he's probably the most unlikable character thus far.

i have to agree with you here... and since someone already wrote it in this thread, we now already know that Yamaken will join the "group"
even though i love this anime, that's really disappointing
i really dont like this whole "love rival" shit.... it's not interesting or exciting or anything like that
it's just boring, annoying as hell and really stupidly fucked up, i really can't stand stuff like that
im loving this anime.. so hopefully it won't disappoint in the future.. and yea.. basically.. haru x shizuku! i'd really hate it if yamaken/yuuza became haru's rivals.. and i'd hate it even more if shizuku would show some sort of interest in them, blushes (because of them) or likes them or w/e
so please, no 0815 shit, we had enough of that.. thanks
Oct 29, 2012 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
awesome episode love how they turned one of the mini shorts into a movie trailer!
Chizuru finally shown as a love Rival all she need now is her cupid~
Oct 29, 2012 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
highlight of the episode: OMAKE!
I never thought it would get animated! LOL

Oh the extra yamaken X shizuku scene! (haha, I'm not supporting Yamaken, but I like him)

Well, I just wanted to add that Yamaken's gang don't really join the group. Well, I only considerer Haru, Shizuku, Natsume and Sasayan to from a "group". I won't say more.

And there are actually 42 chapters right now, but I don't think it would get a season 2 that easily because I don't think there are not enough materials to make a "good" sequel yet. There are a lot of things that are not settle yet.
KuriniOct 29, 2012 5:08 PM
Oct 29, 2012 5:22 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode yet again. Those blushing moments were priceless! Why did Megano no Kanojo had her heart throbbing?! I won't let anyone have Haru other than Shizuku! Even though she happened to be voice by Hanazawa Kana! >_<

Kurini said:
And there are actually 42 chapters right now, but I don't think it would get a season 2 that easily because I don't think there are not enough materials to make a "good" sequel yet. There are a lot of things that are not settle yet.

So the manga is in 42nd chapter! Where are we right now in the anime compared to the manga? I am confident this one will sell a lot, just like Natsume! If we don't have a sequel I will be really really sad. :(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 29, 2012 5:49 PM

Oct 2008
Every week, this anime further cements it's position as the best this fall has to offer.

Shizuku has such a stoic side, but she also such an adorable softer side. I love her character growth.
Haru's randomness is always a blast to watch.

The family matter wasn't actually as serious as it seemed, but let's just say that I don't think Yuuzan provided the whole story. He seems like the type of person to hide his true motives behind his mask. This won't be the last time we look into Haru's past.

Poor Natsume!
And sorry Megane-san, I don't think you have the slightest chance to derail the Haru x Shizuku train.

I say it every week, but the ending song is so amazing.
Oct 29, 2012 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
Another good episode :D

What with that random trailer o_o
Oh well~
Oct 29, 2012 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
It was a good episode and the preview at the end is making me think about watching an Anime like that right now. (ninjas, samurai, swords, etc) I thought you loved me and then blush. hehehehe When he got the pic I thought it was funny how the music started and then followed him off XD
Oct 29, 2012 6:52 PM

Jun 2009
I NEED MORE NATSUME, she's my spirit animal i swear.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.