Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Jul 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Jan 2016
Lap1 said:

Brain torture using sensorial stimuli.

That's impossible. He said that he would be able to ALTER human memories. From what I can interpret from your explanation, you're suggesting that a simple change in your immediate surroundings has the capability to destroy and replace the very neurons that contain memories. It must have something to do with the waves that the NerveGear used to transmit to kill users who died in Sword Art Online...
Jul 25, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
primaltare said:
Lap1 said:

Brain torture using sensorial stimuli.

That's impossible. He said that he would be able to ALTER human memories. From what I can interpret from your explanation, you're suggesting that a simple change in your immediate surroundings has the capability to destroy and replace the very neurons that contain memories. It must have something to do with the waves that the NerveGear used to transmit to kill users who died in Sword Art Online...

No it's more like overwriting, they were trying to turn people into puppets, trying to break their minds and build a new person easier to manipulate, like those CIA-FBI methods but with virtual water and stuff.

The test subjects were in a very receptive dreaming state, they were confident they could brainwash them and even recreate them using mindbreaks and fake dreams.

The waves are just the wi-fi link between brain and computer, it is used to convey informations.
Jul 29, 2016 5:41 PM

Jan 2016
Lap1 said:
primaltare said:

No it's more like overwriting, they were trying to turn people into puppets, trying to break their minds and build a new person easier to manipulate, like those CIA-FBI methods but with virtual water and stuff.

The test subjects were in a very receptive dreaming state, they were confident they could brainwash them and even recreate them using mindbreaks and fake dreams.

The waves are just the wi-fi link between brain and computer, it is used to convey informations.

I don't see how you come to those sorts of conclusions. First off, it was never explained how he supposedly "overwrites" and "erases" prexisting memories. Second, it was never shown either. Reference these:
http://everythingwrongwithsao.tumblr.com/post/125755851923/118-sugous-mind-and-memory-controlling
http://operationrainfall.com/2012/11/01/sword-art-online-ep-17-captive-queen/
Jul 30, 2016 2:38 AM

Jun 2013

By sending informations and manipulating emotions using the fulldive system. If he can play with the rewarding system on one hand and induce traumatic informations on the other hand he might effectively be able to do interesting things.
Aug 3, 2016 10:00 PM

Jun 2016
He can alter memories, noo. Don't do that with Asuna or Kiritu :c
Nov 22, 2016 3:13 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
is this becoming some sort of asuna rape anime now? -.-

Nov 22, 2016 3:57 AM
Oct 2011
Yiuumii said:
is this becoming some sort of asuna rape anime now? -.-
At least it shows it as motivated by power rather than sex. People commonly assume the latter when its really the former so I am glad they are being accurate in the portrayal of motivations at least.
Jan 10, 2017 8:58 PM

Jul 2014
Way to ruin the works of Shakespeare.
Mar 19, 2017 10:35 AM

Jan 2017
The 1st part and 2nd half part is awesome and amazing episode, but I skip and disappointed that Fairy King Oberon/Suguo caught Asuna in the Alfheim World. Overall, I loved the episode.

9/10 scores
Apr 1, 2017 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
muito bom. fiquei com pena de asuna :(
o(≧o≦)o Kimi o miteru to itsu mo HAATO DOKI DOKI
。。 Yureru omoi wa MASHUMARO mitai ni fuwa fuwa (✪㉨✪)
リラックマ☆コリラックマ
May 14, 2017 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
So far I don't like this arc as much as the former, this whole rescue mission thing isn't so appealing in this case. And Sugou is a boring prototype villain, the scene where he explained his whole plan was just *rolling my eyes*.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2017 1:27 PM

Nov 2017
Be honest with me... what happens in this episode? Besides talking and talking and talking, nothing happens. It's just tons of infodump in your face, everything explained to the viewer in the most basic, simplistic and boring manner possible. The villain explaining his plan to his victim... tsc tsc tsc. I can't stand this anymore. 1/5
Nov 20, 2017 3:32 AM

May 2009
So now Kirito’s personality is “slightly snarky generic guy” and apparently his previous brooding self was just momentary. He’s basically gotten over everything that allegedly defined him, making this story kinda void on a character level. Not that I particuarly care – though SAO’s finest moments are its little slice-of-life digressions, but adventures are much better with articulated character arcs, than just pretending Kirito has a personality and then contradicting that with his actions. I just wish that at least Suguha's arc (which is acutally Leafa ingame, big shocker I know) will be better articulated than Kirito's, though being a girl doesn't give me much hope.

But luckly we still have Sugou, and when he gets on the scene it's always a riot. And his ingame clothes are just the best: neon translucent butterfly wings, with helmets for his elf ears, and his hair eating his crown with a bowtie on it. So great they got Dio for this role. He's extremely campy but also nonthreatening in "molesting" Asuna. I know it's pretty gross of him keeping a girl trapped in a literal birdcage, but the way Sugou tries to moles Asuna is just so childish it's impossible to take seriously. “Better get there fast, Kirito, or I might slightly caress your girlfriend's tit! Ohhhhh, so scary!" I assume this is supposed to make me hate this character, but it really only makes me feel sorry for this writer. “Aw jeez, I can’t use the death-game threat anymore? I know, I’ll put the female protagonist in a cage and imply she’s about to get raped but I'm too scared to actually commit to this so I'm going to stop moments before the rape!” Kawahara is both gross and so pathetic that he thinks almost touching a boob is the height of villany, so the scene degrades immediately into comedy.

Though I admit that not being able to write a "damsel in distress gets raped by the villain" plot, one of the oldest, laziest, and cheapest narratives in the history of all plots is pretty hilarious to me and that's why I'll keep on watching this.
Arashi89Nov 20, 2017 3:37 AM
May 6, 2018 4:29 PM

Sep 2017
Dude has a S&M fetish. I love how he called her "Titania". So exciting.

But Kirito's sis has it bad. She is gonna fall for her own brother(cousin), but does that matter? Girl should have stayed away from him as soon as Kirito was called as papa.

And Kirito is overpowered, as usual. Getting within 12 days is impossible now.

BTW, I was here for game tactics and abilities to use the mind to get through the game, not some simple thing that shounen fights rely on like power up without any logic.(Looking at you, Dragon Ball Z)

Also, America is behind this. I knew it.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 17, 2018 1:48 PM

Mar 2018
Ahh...so his harem didn't increase, it was suguha! I knew it! (Not really)

I swear I'm gonna drop this shit if it doesn't get really good really fast.
May 22, 2018 8:07 PM

May 2018
rak-nid said:

Yeah it's pretty disappointing..
May 22, 2018 10:22 PM

Mar 2018
Syniruh said:
rak-nid said:

Yeah it's pretty disappointing..
you picked the wrong anime to start your journey. :P
Sep 3, 2018 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
oh well it was terribly dissapointing to know Suguha is the Lyfa, talk about coincidence. But at least there won't be love triangle.

The second half had my facepalm -_- what a cartoonish villain and doesn't seem even portraited as adult character, meh.
Apr 26, 2019 3:54 AM

Aug 2018
Hmmm... This arc isn’t really grabbing me by the short hairs. Here’s to hoping it will pick up before long.
Jul 18, 2019 2:18 AM

Aug 2017
So, Suguha is the Lyfa and the bad guy is disgusting.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 14, 2020 4:57 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh please, the last thing I wanted to happen is his sister getting involved into that virtual world, I guess the incest game is going to be strong in this one, trying to paint it as both are clueless and have no idea who the other person is until it's too late.
Feb 27, 2021 12:16 AM

Jun 2020
ahhh how i hate sugo
ahhh poor asuna

Mar 14, 2021 10:17 AM

Nov 2019
Sugou sure looks like a slimy villain.. But the fact that there’s no permadeath anymore makes it a little less interesting
Nov 17, 2021 5:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Surprise, surprise, Suguha was Lyfa, and Sugou was the fairy king. Seriously, the va already revealed the identity, so idk if my mind has been tripping, or that's not even supposed to be the twist of the episode anymore xd. I just can't stop laughing while thinking about the future plot. Oml, what a weird arc. But, anyway, Yui so cute on this episode. So, it can be a way to living up this episode, ngl.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 21, 2022 6:30 PM

May 2022
good episode, watching Leafa teach Kirito to fly was very enjoyable and fun. good to see Leafa offering to help Kirito reach the world tree as she sensed his despair inside of him, wishing to rescue Asuna, despite the challenges of the World Tree. and oh boy I want to punch Sugo so badly, can't believe he took control of 300 players to alter their emotion and possibly their memories. Nothing but an arrogant creep, that's for sure. also, why can't some people understand that there is no incest? its the complete opposite, all people gotta do is pay more attention.
Sep 25, 2022 7:03 AM
Jul 2021
We finally see why Asuna is there, and how Sugou blackmails her.
Oct 22, 2022 3:54 PM

Mar 2019
Feels weird to say this but I like Akihiko, seeing how Sugou is. I have no idea why they are still allowing those gears to exists since it seems like you can control people in a lot of ways.

Let's see if Kirito can manage to win.

Also Yui!!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 16, 2022 10:33 AM
Nov 2022
More disgusting than vomit in the toilet
Jun 1, 2023 12:18 PM
Jun 2022
Man ! If I wouldn't have to give my exams 2 days from now for which I am studying like crazy for 2 years , I would have finished this anime till now , because I can't wait to see this guy being humiliated by kirito . I mean this character is doing all the things to make me angry , seperating two lovers , memory and emotions manipulation, these are the things which I hate the most in the world and..... Just hang in there Asuna , kirito is coming faster than light.
Jul 15, 2023 5:42 AM

Aug 2019
just why the hell did sugu start playing a game thats on a successor system to the thing that trapped his brother/cousin for nearly three years? and how in the hell was the system even approved so soon after the incident????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2023 11:21 AM

Jan 2022
Somehow this series is getting better. Bold of his cousin to play a game that she knows from first-hand experience is dangerous. I wonder when the cousin will find out that Kirito is her cousin. Poor Asuna.
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 16, 2023 8:12 AM

Nov 2023
Oh gaddamn that elf guy sure is evil
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.