Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2012 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Haru has an interesting imagination :>

More than that though, he is becoming popular with that smile. I found the latter half of this episode to be more dramatic with a fight from Haru. Nice to see Kana Hanazawa playing the role of Chizuru. Well done on that so expecting more of her in this series especially later on.

Next time for a date. This should be fun.

Stark700Oct 22, 2012 12:27 PM
Oct 22, 2012 10:01 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ the teacher. lol~ and Yoshida trying to smile, which made him popular. That made her jealous.

To save a megane girl, he made it worse and got into awkward mood, which the girl saved him. Then promise of going out during the summer while in nice mood.

Nakamura-san's character officially introduced. Yoshida x the girl moment.

lol @ Yoshida getting nervous and the face went scary when photos were taken.

lol @ Yoshida's brother's narration at preview, and seems like it's about the family.
tsubasaloverOct 22, 2012 10:04 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 22, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Great way to start the week! Would have liked to have seen the the little brother of hers. This relationship thing is progressing fast.

I was thinking that Haru's brother might be different, I wonder why they don't see each each other eye to eye?
Oct 22, 2012 11:27 AM

Apr 2011
"This is a rooster. It's name is Naogoya."

I died.
Oct 22, 2012 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
i lol'd again at shizuku's dad reactions of haru "how can you be so normal about this!?"
and that.. "oh i see, this is jealousy..".so damm honest, so damm cute ( >w< )
z4yd said:
"This is a rooster. It's name is Naogoya."

I died.
of laughter XDD, the best pick up line i've herard in my life XDDD

im loving this series a lot =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 22, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2011
Very good episode.
"This is a rooster.It's name is Naogaya."
Haha
Oct 22, 2012 12:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Temper, temper my dear Haru.

I wonder what the brother has done to him. Seems like a manipulative one all right.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 22, 2012 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
This anime has everything that I want to see :D I am always having so much fun and time goes so quickly... It feels like episode takes only a few minutes :(
Oct 22, 2012 12:10 PM

Oct 2009
Some parts was quite rushed, but still a nice episode ^^
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Oct 22, 2012 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
A very funny epsiode again, with lots of development. I laughed so hard at some scenes.

I'm kinda disappointed though that they didn't animated the scene were Mizutani actually didn't wanted to go fishing, despite Haru's and Natsume's attempts to persuade her. Eventually Mizutani agreed going fishing after one call from Sasayan. Persuading Shizuku to go after just one attempt. I would've loved to see that scene. Natsume and Haru all pissed because it took Sasayan only one attempt to persuade Shizuku in to going ^-^

Chizuru got introduced in this episode. I like her seiyuu so I expect a lot from her later in the show.
Oct 22, 2012 12:26 PM

Jul 2010
Not going to lie, Asako was looking mighty fine when she was wearing her bikini.

Sep 2008
I think this is my favorite anime of the season now. Well, besides Bakuman 3.

Interested in seeing what happened between Haru and his brother.

Jun 2012
Ovyda said:
This anime has everything that I want to see :D I am always having so much fun and time goes so quickly... It feels like episode takes only a few minutes :(

Time flies when you're having fun! xD
Oct 22, 2012 12:27 PM

Jun 2010
Those upperclassmen got what they deserved. Ooshima finally arrives, but only for a segment. can't wait until next episode.

Haru and pictures. XD

Oct 22, 2012 12:38 PM
Jan 2011
Icebreaker93 said:
Very good episode.
"This is a rooster.It's name is Naogaya."
Haha

Cluck, cluck, cock, a,dooledooooo!

That rooster would make a fine roasted chicken.
Man, Shizuka's dad is quite a pussy, he didn't even bother calling the cops to kick Haru out.
Oct 22, 2012 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
Sooooo good!!!

HaruxShizuku FTW!!!

But really, how can they make the "only above average" manga into something this epic?!?!?!
Oct 22, 2012 12:51 PM

Aug 2011
I love this episode, SDKFJSDKLFJ SO CUTE. ALL MY FEELS. I MELTED INTO A BLOB OF FEELS.

Those Haru x Shizuku moments, I CAN'T. SDFJKSLDJFSKD THIS IS FOLLOWING THE MANGA SO WELL.

I love Yuzan he's so cute.
Oct 22, 2012 12:51 PM

Jul 2010
This is getting better and better.I LOVE Shizuku and her honest side :D ''take me on date'' right off the bad.
This guy deserved some nice beating.Haru is not doing anything wrong.People like him should be punished, thats all.
LMAO after ED.Haru on pictures always do tense face expression xD.

5/5 i really want to start reading manga.I hope i will endure it and watch only anime though.
Oct 22, 2012 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode again. Though I wished they would finally explain what's the deal with that brother of his.

Oct 22, 2012 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
Oh God this show is so hilarious xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 22, 2012 1:20 PM

Jul 2012
lol it was great.
Oct 22, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
Kyaa~ Blushing Haru is just too cuteee!! :3
Shizuku and Haru just make a wonderful paair :)

And with all the girls starting to like Haru, I think Shizuku will have a rival soon :O Maybe the shy black-haired girl..? o.o Hmmm..
Oct 22, 2012 1:24 PM
Nov 2009
aww good episode, though they kinda missed some parts in the manga but i still enjoyed this one :)
Oct 22, 2012 1:26 PM

Dec 2009
I loved the part where Haru stole all the girls' hearts by just smiling. The music was perfect.
Ara ara.
Oct 22, 2012 1:35 PM

Dec 2010
Elite60 said:
Not going to lie, Asako was looking mighty fine when she was wearing her bikini.

Natsume always looks mighty fine.

Oct 22, 2012 1:47 PM
Sep 2011
I still love this show, in fact I'll go as far as to say it is probably the best romantic comedy since Ouran highschool(not counting the key series which I count as there own genre).
The romance is still being handled well, the animation is colourful and nice to look at, it has a great opening/ending the characters are fun and entertaining and most of all it is jsut really funny and the comedy mot of the time doesn't come off as forced, seriously if this season keeps going as well as it is I may just have to change my "top 10 of 2012" to my "top 10 of fall 2012" because this season has been incredible.

Also I really don't trust Haru's brother, it is the voice, he just sounds very sly and backstabbing and I doubt he is anything like what we seen him acting around Shizuku+pals, his dialogue last episode really points to that.
Oct 22, 2012 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
Yang94 said:

I'm kinda disappointed though that they didn't animated the scene were Mizutani actually didn't wanted to go fishing, despite Haru's and Natsume's attempts to persuade her. Eventually Mizutani agreed going fishing after one call from Sasayan. Persuading Shizuku to go after just one attempt. I would've loved to see that scene. Natsume and Haru all pissed because it took Sasayan only one attempt to persuade Shizuku in to going ^-^

I feel the same way. I thought that particular scene was important as well as funny because even Haru and Natsume couldn't get Chizuru to go on the trip but one word from Sasayan and she readily agreed. I think they cut it because it would because it would be too much going on and as it stands now some parts were already rushed. I want them to follow the manga closely but I understand that time and keeping things moving is necessary as well so I don't mind.

I enjoyed this episode. This wasn't my favorite part of the manga but the anime kept things moving so it turned out okay. I wish there had been a little more angst or emotional impact at the end when Haru snapped at Shizuku. The manga made it seem like that scene had a greater significance especially when Shizuku didn't leave him afterwards.

Shizuku's little brother is really creepy.... O_O He needs to be locked up at night. Try sleeping with this standing next to your bed.
Oct 22, 2012 2:27 PM

May 2011
Haru is really interesting character.

Hoping for some development.
Oct 22, 2012 2:42 PM
Sep 2011
Well, this show surely is epic in it's on way and genre. Even though the last episodes were a little worse than the first 2, this anime still do not dissapoint. These characters have some depth in comparison with those of the romance genre competitor of Tonari this season, Sukitte Ii na yo. (Still it's decent, I don't meant to start a war here :D).

4/5 episode, 8/10 to the anime until now. Very Good.
Oct 22, 2012 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
I like that Haru's character doesn't quite make sense right now. I wonder what things we'll find out about him.

But that whole smiling sequence, I was in tears.
Oct 22, 2012 2:50 PM

May 2012
i look forward to this show all week, really enjoyable and fun to watch. definitely my one of my favorites of the new season

Oct 22, 2012 3:10 PM

Mar 2011
Awesome episode!

...and my waifu is so hot!! <3
Oct 22, 2012 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
Lol great as always, comedy combines with light hearted romance in a flawless way, I've been waiting for a rom-com show like this for a long time ... The last time I watched a decent romance anime was ... er I don't even remember ...

With all the smiling, I laugh at how Haru got all the girls with just his smile, whatever he responded to the girls would just drove them crazy e.g this is a rooster ROFL. Finally, he always in a situation where only Shizuku could understand and see through him. Character developments just kept happening each episode, even though they were only through minor things like how Haru notice Shizuku's forehead bruise, and her dragging Haru out of the mess but nobody willing to do.
Oct 22, 2012 3:36 PM
Jul 2012
Oh man this episode was GREAAT! Great mix of drama, comedy and romance!
This is a rooster.. "It's name is Naogaya" *flashes smile* this anime is my feel good anime and it fulfills it purpose probably the best out of any anime I've watched!
"
Oct 22, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2012
hey! when is Naogaya going the lay sopme eggs XD
Shizuku and Haru's blush moment were cut as always
Oct 22, 2012 3:54 PM

Jun 2008
For being two shows airing at the same time with very similar premises, this is a lot better than Sukitte Ii na yo. Yoshida is characterized so much better than Kurosawa.

Good episode once again. The show still plays up Yoshida a bit more than I'd like it to, but it's fine in the end.
Oct 22, 2012 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
Favorite episode since the 1st :). everything was awesome haha. 5/5

Oct 22, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2011
This show is just the epitome of cute. Brb crying... like I do after every episode.
Oct 22, 2012 4:26 PM

Mar 2012
This was another great episode, especially the latter half. Every episode has been paced superbly, as it never lingers on a particular moment or development for an unnecessarily lengthy amount of time. The execution of the narrative has been terrific, naturally developing the central relationship while deftly balancing the dramatic moments with the comedic ones.

The story has, so far, been highly engaging. Haru and Shizuku's naturally developing relationship is fantastic, due largely to their thoroughly compelling interactions. They complement each other supremely well, effectively portrayed by their great chemistry and excellently contrasting personalities. The comedy was at it's best throughout this episode. As such, the sequence that involved Haru's smile affecting all the girls was hilarious, as was the scene with the heartbroken teacher. The highly dynamic facial reactions remain one of the primary elements that allows the humor to work so well.

The characters remain thoroughly interesting. Haru is definitely my favorite character, since his unassuming, socially awkward personality is rather unique for this genre, and quite amusing much of the time. Shizuku's also a really good character, and it was nice to see her broaden her emotional output by actually becoming jealous once her advice to Haru backfired on her. I'm really looking forward to the potential for a Natsume and Sasayan relationship. Yuuzan is a good addition to the cast, since his contentious relationship with Haru is quite intriguing, and he definitely appears to be a manipulative influence on Haru. Chizuru's introduction was nice, and it seems like she'll eventually gain feelings for Haru, but, thankfully, she doesn't seem to be the type that would constantly attempt to interfere. Of course, I'm quite certain that Yamaken will probably fill that role in no time.

The production values are really good and, for the most part, highly consistent. The direction is quite impressive, due mostly to the typically creative scene composition. The vibrantly colorful art creates an extremely appealing aesthetic, while the excellent animation complements it wonderfully.

All in all, Tonari continues to exceed my expectations immensely, as each episode only solidifies this show as one of the best of the year, which is mostly due to it's exceptional execution and incredible cast of characters. I'm really looking forward to the next episode, since it appears they'll be going on a date, although, judging by the title in the preview, it might not exactly go according to plan, since Yuuzan seems likely to interrupt it.
Oct 22, 2012 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
downloading right now =)
Oct 22, 2012 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
Ovyda said:
Oct 22, 2012 5:26 PM

Dec 2011
Shizuku abducted gave me a heart attack.
It never stops to surprise me when Haru just takes her like that. Ahahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2012 5:37 PM

Oct 2012
beautifull episode...
i really liked it
Oct 22, 2012 5:47 PM
Apr 2011
i loved this episode, it was so funny! If this anime continues like this it will probably become one of my favourites surprisingly
Oct 22, 2012 5:52 PM

Jul 2009
Dat kuudere. My heart can't take too much more.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 22, 2012 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
"Gotta love fishing in the mountains!"
That was great.

Shizuku is so bold! But I guess that's the only way to get through Haru's armored-plated wall of denseness. I love how he changed the subject too!

Great balance of comedy and lovely-dovey stuff.
Sasayan and Natsume are great foils for them and Haru's randomness is so entertaining.
The chicken joke was growing old so it was good that they didn't use it that much again.

This ED song never gets old. It's the only one of the fall season that I actually listen to at the end of the episode.

There's no competition. Tonari continues to be #1 for the fall season.
Oct 22, 2012 6:00 PM

Nov 2007
Haru! <3

Seriously. This guy is so amazing that you just have to love him. Well my love for Haru is more of like full admiration being a guy of course. Just like my love for Gintoki and Kamina of course. Shizuku is my girl of the season! I love her even more for falling in love with Haru.

A brilliant episode. I cannot believe I am following this anime during my office hours. It is that good! :D

Enter Hanazawa Kana. I am wondering whether she will fall for Haru too since it seemed that way. Let's hope she doesn't. Because I think Shizuku is the only one who has the right to fall for him. :P

Sasayan is cool too! And I love Natsume. OMG, she is so cute~ <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 22, 2012 6:31 PM

Oct 2008
I keep screaming and flailing every time I watch this and this just bROUGHT IT OUT THE MOST.

Also let's get to that back story behind Yuzan because he's already creeping me out.
Oct 22, 2012 6:37 PM

Dec 2010
Another really great episode, but i find it amazing how they make the manga so much better in the anime, usually the anime screws up one way or another but this time coming from a manga reader i can safely say its much better.
Oct 22, 2012 6:49 PM
Jun 2008
more hmm on he said & she said going on yea wonder to happen next?

give shizuka telling haru be nice well sorta make him a chick magnet for a while til whole bullying a girl haru had to beat up the bully.

so then fishing trip & haru run away cause of his brother with still ??? going now haru ask shizuka on date?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.