Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now Kazuto with his medium long hair cut! New OP is cool and New ED is nice.

Wow, his house is so huge! And his sister (actually her cousin)'s appearance? They are doing kendo. Seems like she (voiced by Taketatsu-san) likes him. Thought so, the mother is voiced by Endou-san.

Visiting Asuna, who is one of the unconscious ones. Meeting Asuna's father and her fiance (Koyasu-san)?! Not only he knows about their relations, he forced Asuna to be his while she's still unconscious... At the end with a pic with Asuna in pretty dress trapped in a cage...

New online world next ep.?
tsubasaloverOct 13, 2012 9:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 13, 2012 8:30 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK first thing is WTF at the spoiler
guy sniffs Asuna’s hair, shows a licking tongue and NTR/COCK-TEASES Kirito? WTF IS UP? Is this like Asuna’s non announced lover or the father is Pedo somehow and abused Asuna before? WTF is going seriously with that part? I wonder really hard. Apart from that my full thoughts follow.

About the beginning before the OP, the start was interesting in the spoiler
For the sole fact it shows Kirito’s worst fears coming to life itself. That of losing Asuna and his whole reality altogether. Truly a glorying scene where the red shows a lot of death and the crumbling into nothingness is well shown IMO. As Kirito wakes up to realize it was all a dream, it seems something is still lingering deep inside of a felling.

About the OP2, the best I cannot stress enough is in fact Asuna in the following,

Along with her facials in the spoiler
That truly is a great depiction showing her sexy and nice. Not whored out like in SAO. ALO makes her look beautiful with no questions asked. As for the other elements, the list shall say more.
  • The Asuna part in the spoiler
    along with Kirito make good way in showing the viewers of Asuna’s peril condition and as such Kirito along with nothing matters to him other than the virtual world and Asuna to be saved. A rather strong start of an OP.

• The intro of Suguha in the spoiler
    certainly shows a strong implication of her in the ALO arc, which is certainly obvious considering how much was said of her before. It’s nice the way they depict her is also sexy without crossing the ecchi border much. Her body sure is nicely composed.

• Obvious Mr. NTR in the spoiler
    is shown more like a gentleman here which he really is not but a SOB. That’s good cause it tricks the viewers in seeing him OK till the episode itself shows how much of a SOB he really is but first impression in the OP shows he looks like a mighty fine person.

• The person in the spoiler
    is I assume at most a friend of Kirito or could be a rival. Regardless I think he still fit in the bill of being a classmate of Kirito himself. Just trying to help his friend find his girl. Buddies for life so to speak.

• Lyfa in the spoiler
    is well shown in facials and all but has a tiny bit of fan service already about her so it means with her accredited higher bust size means her fan service will start and be strongest IMO. Asuna is left out more than initially it was though by me. So it’s good they GTFO from the service of Asuna in bringing more of Lyfa instead. It would be too mundane to have service of a girl that for half of the season already gave out quite a good amount of it.

• The bad guy in the spoiler
    is rather well shown and nasty. Reminds me of him:
    http://myanimelist.net/character/16203/Vitartial
    For some strange reason.

• Kirito along with the red person in the armour in the spoiler
    were pretty cool shown. Kirito for one has some nice action in that part and the red armour guy’s face is kick ass. Reminds me though warriors from some other animes. I wonder who is he for real? Agil?

• The 2 girls in the spoiler
    will certainly be enticing to find out of. I like that girl with crescent moon on her forefront. She looks really enthusiastic.

• Suguha in the spoiler
    has a very nice pose and smile. Her getup seems simple and he positive attitude brings good vibes in the OP itself.

• These 2 guys in the spoiler
    seem to be interesting also however one of them looks like a bad guy TBH. The younger one looks enthusiastic but remains to see what he will bring to the series.

• Yui! Yui as a fairy in the spoiler
    more adorable than I though. Shown to be very happy. I think she will bring some good joys to the OP itself and she looks very enthusiastic also.
That being said of the OP itself, I think the joy out-weights more the fan service and Asuna PAWNS a lot in looks. Therefore the OP is good in nature.

About the start of the episode after the OP, one the first things I liked about it in the spoiler
Is how Suguha blushes and reacts around Kirito. Giving out immediately the vibes he likes him for love. That much is obvious. The blush and clumsiness are dead giveaways IMO. I liked seeing Kirito’s mother along with all being cleared that Kirito is not harmed badly from all this time in the hospital.

Continuing on in the spoiler
we can see the fight was being hard fought by Kirito. Despite that he still loses. The point after his lost was cleared up again with Suguha blush + happiness at being patted on her head. A good proof once again that does make things clearer that she loves him. However now it gives out vibes that she loves him more as family member than lover. In regards to that she is disappointed a little. In fact she wants more from Kirito and that is apparent with her attitude there.

About back at the hospital, as Kirito returns to the hospital and Asuna is seen in the spoiler
my initial reaction was OMG ASUNA! WTF IS UP? As I notice a deep gloom comes into my feelings of the SOB who did this to her and all. Why else would she not log out if it’s not someone who did something to her or the system’s fault in which I doubt is the case. It was nice to see her father whom I though was more the grandfather but I was wrong. It was kind of a BIG MISTAKE from how the guy was shown nice to think he is. What he does after that I mention is RAGE!

Suguha comforting Kirito, OMG! The following part,

Bigger Version:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2034/h54y454ty54_zps67c61781.gif
So much TT_TT I really can’t stress out how amazing emotional just that part was along with the spoiler
It warrants a NOBEL PRIZE MAN! At the very least for Suguha in using her own body to comfort Kirito not in any sexual manner nor what already his family did for him but as a normal girl caring for a love that is broken. It simple cannot be denied that Kirito broke down badly there and that Suguha poured out all she can.

Suguha tending to Kirito, if above was not enough of care then perhaps the spoiler
may further that in Kirito’s state. That of being someone going back into the VR World in hopes of looking for Asuna. It’s easy to see the mother cares but much Suguha does by being close to him and tending to him.

This is further shown in the spoiler
as not only does she put him to bed but also goes to sleep with him next to him. No implying sexual or anything just she cares so much for him and loves him that she wants to be sure he is not alone when waking up. The girl is smart enough for that.

As an end result in the spoiler
Suguha is woken up in a teasing way by Kirito who understood her deep affection to care for him. As matter of self realization she sees her breasts showing out and blushes. While Kirito as he should be is indifferent to this all. Else he would shown AS A BLUSHING FAG towards it. DID HE BLUSH? NO! Did do anything stupid towards it? NO! There you go. Kirito acted not a retard there.

About thee end, ASUNA SPOTTED in the spoiler
Now the fun starts in finding out where she is and how to save her! Let the adventure begin!

About the ED2, my favourite part of it is in the spoiler
all those renders of Kirito and Suguha from the past really brings good vibes from the show. The rest of my impressions in the list
  • Suguha’s show out in the spoiler
    is a bit weak compared to the other parts of the ED. It’s the only part I find mundane if at least they showed her more sexy or in a different perspective a little in terms of perhaps her love for Kirito. To remind in thee end the viewer of it. Well too bad it was done good but it’s acceptable IMO. As it shows her lonely and perhaps more earning towards Kirito for love.

• The flow of ALO setup in the spoiler
    is good for it reminds the viewer of the new world that is offered to them apart from the OP doing a good job it too. Shows rather well the tower that was present in SAO.

• Finally Suguha is shown again in the spoiler
    whom a rather nice depiction of her is done. The marble remains quite meaningful but remains to see what it pans out as its true meaning.
That being said of the ED itself, I hope of ALO to be a another great ride.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
is of ASUNA EATING! However she is eating something not common in Japan, a hamburger!
Yumekichi11Oct 13, 2012 1:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 13, 2012 8:30 AM

Nov 2011

NEW OP SONG! Those pointy ears. Nice kendo fight and action in the rl world. That guy in the suit and glasses is kinda creepy tbh, just saying. Kirito's sister is kinda cute and reminds me a little of Yui.

Anyways, ALO should begin soon. Also, new ED song.
Oct 13, 2012 8:31 AM

Nov 2007
Suguha, hngggggg!

Yes, ALO will begin in the next episode.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 13, 2012 8:32 AM

Aug 2009
Oct 13, 2012 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
guy sniffs Asuna’s hair, shows a licking tongue and NTR/COCKTEASES Kirito? WTF IS UP? Is this like Asuna’s non announced lover or the father is Pedo somehow and abused Asuna before? WTF is going seriously with that part? I wonder really hard.

This is why people DISLIKE ALO. Mostly because of this guys actions he is the biggest DOUCHE in ALO.

And ssjokg beat me to it again. WHY!?!?
Oct 13, 2012 8:33 AM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
guy sniffs Asuna’s hair, shows a licking tongue and NTR/COCKTEASES Kirito? WTF IS UP? Is this like Asuna’s non announced lover or the father is Pedo somehow and abused Asuna before? WTF is going seriously with that part? I wonder really hard.

This is why people DISLIKE ALO. Mostly because of this guys actions he is the biggest DOUCHE in ALO all 10 volumes.

fixed and :P
Oct 13, 2012 8:36 AM

Mar 2011
Another rush arc starts xd

Oct 13, 2012 8:37 AM

Sep 2011
ricardo241 said:

If anything it should be less rush.
Oct 13, 2012 8:38 AM

Nov 2007
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

This is why people DISLIKE ALO. Mostly because of this guys actions he is the biggest DOUCHE in ALO.

Wow, so that's why? I already hate that guy ("fiance" of Asuna's) after watching it. He just shows off how much Asuna "loves" him since she was little and that the game relation with Kirito is fake.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 13, 2012 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Wow, so that's why? I already hate that guy ("fiance" of Asuna's) after watching it. He just shows off how much Asuna "loves" him since she was little and that the game relation with Kirito is fake.

Yep. He's a prick. Nice and simple some people will like him though just because lots of people hate Asuna and SAO all together.
Oct 13, 2012 8:42 AM

Aug 2009
tsubasalover said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Oh you will like the end of ALO. Because there is nothing better than
Oct 13, 2012 8:43 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
tsubasalover said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Oh you will like the end of ALO. Because there is nothing better than

Oct 13, 2012 8:46 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
guy sniffs Asuna’s hair, shows a licking tongue and NTR/COCK-TEASES Kirito? WTF IS UP? Is this like Asuna’s non announced lover or the father is Pedo somehow and abused Asuna before? WTF is going seriously with that part? I wonder really hard.

This is why people DISLIKE ALO. Mostly because of this guys actions he is the biggest DOUCHE in ALO all 10 volumes.

Oh really? So we will see this guy's cock shit face and more for the next 10 volumes? SHIT! I was wrong in one thing, he is the unofficial lover and not the the father. Since he appears as well, just mind blank there a little.

You have to take into consideration now that not only does Kirito have to save her but he has to deal with this moron afterwards. Regardless I don’t think the moron himself realizes that if not for Kirito Asuna would be dead.

That being said I think the guy should just give up as A FAILURE of securing anything but time and memories with feelings. IMO he just sees Asuna as a hole and kid bearing wife. I don't see him seeing her as a girl to love.

At least not as much as Kirito did TBH.

What are the outtakes on that one?

OH BTW here's a really funny thing in all this. As the episode aired a product came into light for me in the spoiler
yeah you guessed it, another one of these on the shelves with the privates of other girls goes. Really weird the marketing to choose that episode to suddenly release this product. Oh well guess Asuna now is as popular as Ruri from Ore no Imouto.

That being said I think the market has knack for releasing products per episode content. This one possible inciting in getting such a product in this whole episode of a mess where the cousin sleeps with Kirito to help him emotionally and NTR Asuna time to a less explicit extent.

To that effect everyone is incite the created thread to talk about this if they want. I mention from the info I got from my friend in Japan. The product was just made with this episode in mind to market, that's a fact.
Yumekichi11Oct 13, 2012 8:52 AM

Oct 13, 2012 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Sounds like a lot of shit is going down for next few episodes. That guy in this episode already proved himself to be disgusting by the way he was licking those lips.
Oct 13, 2012 8:51 AM

Sep 2011
Let the RAGE!!! begin. This is why people hate ALO so much this son of a bitch.

Well this was only a set up episode for next arc,that is ok seeing Suguha animates was awesome!!

Next episode its when the fun begins...and more RAGE!!!

P.S. For those who follow my GIF's post for this series,it will be delay until Monday or Tuesday.
Oct 13, 2012 8:52 AM
May 2011
Tyrel said:
ricardo241 said:

lol, 10 episodes to cover 2 volumes of ALO. Either rushed or alot of things get cut out.
ban1o.jpg

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
guy sniffs Asuna’s hair, shows a licking tongue and NTR/COCKTEASES Kirito? WTF IS UP?

SO FUNNY, but srsly, even if he got a mental disorder, who'd do something like that?

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Sounds like a lot of shit is going down for next few episodes. That guy in this episode already proved himself to be disgusting by the way he was licking those lips.
Indeed, WTF happened to his brain man?
Scoops said:
Yumekichi11 said:
guy sniffs Asuna’s hair, shows a licking tongue and NTR/COCKTEASES Kirito? WTF IS UP?

SO FUNNY, but srsly, even if he got a mental disorder, who'd do something like that?
Yeah that's why I mention above WTF up with his brain?

Also WTF at Japan for marketing product with this episode. O_O

Oct 13, 2012 8:53 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
guy sniffs Asuna’s hair, shows a licking tongue and NTR/COCK-TEASES Kirito? WTF IS UP? Is this like Asuna’s non announced lover or the father is Pedo somehow and abused Asuna before? WTF is going seriously with that part? I wonder really hard.

Oh really? So we will see this guy's cock shit face and more for the next 10 volumes? SHIT! I was wrong in one thing, he is the unofficial lover and not the the father. Since he appears as well, just mind blank there a little.

You have to take into consideration now that not only does Kirito have to save her but he has to deal with this moron afterwards. Regardless I don’t think the moron himself realizes that if not for Kirito Asuna would be dead.

That being said I think the guy should just give up as A FAILURE of securing anything but time and memories with feelings. IMO he just sees Asuna as a hole and kid bearing wife. I don't see him seeing her as a girl to love.

No no.Thank god it's not like this.Compared to the bad guys of the other arcs he still is the biggest asshole.

As for Asuna,he doesnt care about her.He only wants her money.
Oct 13, 2012 8:54 AM

Sep 2011
RyuKirin said:
Tyrel said:
ricardo241 said:

lol, 10 episodes to cover 2 volumes of ALO. Either rushed or alot of things get cut out.

Have you seen how many chapters are in both volumes?
RyuKirin said:
Tyrel said:
ricardo241 said:

ALO is shorter.
Oct 13, 2012 8:55 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

No no.Compared to the bad guys of the other arcs he still is the biggest asshole.

As for Asuna,he doesn't care about her.He only wants her money.
WHAATTTTTTTTTTTT! RAAAAAAAAAAAGE! That's it! We clobber the shit! NOW! We get sniper rifle and head shoot now! *grabs PSG1* *aims at his head* *fires* BOOM! HEAD SHOT!

I wish man! Shittty shit! Oh now you RAGED ME OUT! Love only for money? Money? FUCK! That 's shit man!

Also why is Asuna rich?

Oct 13, 2012 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
RyuKirin said:
Tyrel said:
ricardo241 said:

Have you seen how many chapters are in both volumes?
RyuKirin said:
Tyrel said:
ricardo241 said:

ALO is shorter. If you haven't read the LN don't comment lol. Compared to Previous Arc + Side Stories.

SAO vol1+SAO vol2+Aria+murder case>ALOvol1+2

Now lets hope they wont screw up.
Oct 13, 2012 8:56 AM

Feb 2012
RyuKirin said:
Tyrel said:
ricardo241 said:

First of all, there will be 11 episodes. Secondly, SAO covered 2 volumes PLUS 2 extra sidestories.
Anyhow, I calculated this a few days ago, and I got to the conclusion that ALO got a quite low "pages per ep" ratio or w/e, compared to SAO.
Oct 13, 2012 8:57 AM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

No no.Compared to the bad guys of the other arcs he still is the biggest asshole.

WHAATTTTTTTTTTTT! RAAAAAAAAAAAGE! That's it! We clobber the shit! NOW! We get sniper rifle and head shoot now! *grabs PSG1* *aims at his head* *fires* BOOM! HEAD SHOT!

I wish man! Shittty shit! Oh now you RAGED ME OUT! Love only for money? Money? FUCK! That 's shit man!

Also why is Asuna rich?

Her father is Rich aka inheritance. Standard stuff pretty much.
Oct 13, 2012 8:58 AM

Dec 2010
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

ALO wasn't that bad but to say that POS was the most hated character in the entire LN series may not be a understatement, what he does aside since that would spoil, his character is disgusting.
Oct 13, 2012 8:59 AM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Also why is Asuna rich?

Yeah.Sugou doesnt even have a good ambition.Shit tier villain
Oct 13, 2012 9:00 AM

Dec 2010
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Also why is Asuna rich?

Thats another thing, her parents are freaken annoying T_T

Oct 13, 2012 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Tyrel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Also why is Asuna rich?

Thats another thing, her parents are freaken annoying T_T

Well her father is just an idiot, he isnt bad.Her mother is the bitchy one.
Oct 13, 2012 9:31 AM

Aug 2009
Venneria said:
I have taken a more liking to the sister, than asuna now.. :O

Not weird.Even most LN readers have Asuna as their least fav so liking Sugu is pretty normal.
Oct 13, 2012 9:41 AM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
Venneria said:
I have taken a more liking to the sister, than asuna now.. :O

Not weird.Even most LN readers have Asuna as their least fav so liking Sugu is pretty normal.

Well thats because Asuna always gets overshadowed, heck even in the volume which was considered "her time" she got overshadowed big time. So its obvious that those who actually get good development instead of subpar development are liked more.
Oct 13, 2012 9:55 AM

Oct 2010
This might be stupid but it's a thing I noticed in the OP in the spoiler
Strike Witches style fan service?
Well it certainly clears some doubts over fan service of the blond girl.

It also proves it's all fan service market and to no surprise of her breasts being bigger than usual in the LN as many remarked already. However my proof is the best to prove the intent of it. Sometimes all you need is a visual.

Oct 13, 2012 9:57 AM

Feb 2008
Sword Art Online 15

And now we return. Quite literally. This first episode into the new arc, Fairy Dance, was fairly boring for the most part, however, it was something that was inevitably needed. After spending 2 years in the game world and waking up in the real world - either that or he really did die and this is heaven, lol jk - Kazuto finds himself at odds. What is real? How do I adjust my life having lived in a completely different world for 2 years? What happens to my filial ties that were simply on stand-by for 2 years? As the audience gets a glimpse of Kazuto's life outside of his gaming world, there's an air of strangeness around Kirito. He's conflicted as the virtual and real world collide and even he can't sometimes tell the world apart. Sadly, the execution of this comes off in the most mundane manner - perhaps as a testament to how boring the real world is in comparison to the virtual.

The highlight of the episode is the introduction of two new characters Sugou and Suguha. In order to prevent confusion I will call Sugou Noumi 2.0 because it just makes sense. Suguha, Kazuto's sister, is headstrong and apparently can own Kazuto in a match of kendo. She's an interesting character because the relationship that she holds with her brother. Despite being somewhat cliche and falling to the obvious tropes existing in anime, she holds her own as not a stereotypical character archetype but an alternate rendition of one.

Noumi 2.0, obviously suggested by his name, is a scumbag that even the devil would spit out from hell itself. If everyone had a dirtbag in this life with indescribable douchebagism then it'd be this guy. Good thing is, he's portrayed very well in this aspect and it's obvious that he becomes Kazuto's main antagonist in the real world. It'll be interesting to see how he develops as a character as Fairy Dance continues.

The action still somewhat sucks resorting to... surprise, suprise.... still-shots. Even so it's still somewhat "cool" to watch. The music is the same as ever with a few new inserts setting the real world from Aincrad. It's a nice touch. Suguha's voice is pretty well done and Noumi 2.0 is... well... you can just imagine.

The new OP and the new ED are really well done imo. The OP animation is pretty slick and despite the focus on only a few characters it manages to keep itself very interesting. Colors every, CG not overdone, and action abound. The ED song is infinitely better than the OP song but for some reason they opt to use still-images, something that even plagues the credits apparently... Still the images themselves are nice considering it focuses on the 2nd primary protagonist in Fairy Dance.

Overall the episode was boring but it sets the precedence for an "interesting" next episode.
Oct 13, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

It also proves it's all fan service market and to no surprise of her breasts being bigger than usual in the LN as many remarked already. However my proof is the best to prove the intent of it. Sometimes all you need is a visual.

Well, she does have more pants on than the girls from Strike Witches, at least from that image.

Oct 13, 2012 10:14 AM

Feb 2009
ITT: quote pyramids

Love the new OP and ED.
Suguha is love. Taketatsu Ayana is perfect.
I still can't figure out why Kirito told Silica that she looks like his cousinsister. She looks nothing like Suguha. Tall, short hair, athletic, big boobs. Maybe Kirito is secretly a lolicon.
And couldn't have picked a better seiyuu for Sugou than Koyasu Takehito. He's perfect to bring out his nastiness. The rage, dammit, it's coming back to me.
Nice, Endo Aya as the mother.
And that's a good place to end the episode with the picture, though I was expecting a little further ahead.
ALO time then. Time for more Forever Suguha and the other characters to show up.
Oct 13, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2011
Well, by the way, I really loved the part when Kirito acted like he was in SAO...

...You what?
Oct 13, 2012 10:32 AM

Apr 2011
Let the rage begin!!!!!!

Oh God, the biggest a**hole of the entire SAO novels(till now, of course) is here.
Give me the ''PMG Ultima Ratio Hecate II''(XD), to head shot him already!

Aside from him:
OP and ED are nice.
Suguha is a nice character, as always.

Next time, ALO game :D
Makise11Oct 13, 2012 10:42 AM
Oct 13, 2012 10:38 AM

Feb 2008
Of course it's become a habit when you been in that game for 2 years and only have been grinding monsters those 2 years in SAO.

We won't see so much Asuna in ALO arc and the character developed will between Kirito and Suguha for ALO arc, it's going to be nice to see a tiny Yui in this when Kirito think I turn from a Beater to a Cheater.

GGO arc will have a new character and that's will also become less screentime for Asuna & Suguha.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 13, 2012 10:56 AM

Aug 2008
I've decided. I like Sugu the most among girls in this show.
And it seems that Sugu's time is now. Cheers!
Oct 13, 2012 11:09 AM
Mar 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Also why is Asuna rich?

Her family is a branch of an old, rich banking family, and her father the CEO of a large electronics company.
Oct 13, 2012 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well, she does have more pants on than the girls from Strike Witches, at least from that image.
The style though looks from Strike Witches a little and the flying too reminds me of that.
GrayArchon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Also why is Asuna rich?

Her family is a branch of an old, rich banking family, and her father the CEO of a large electronics company.
JESUS! That's insane. She must be a millionaire.

Kirito has a secure future indeed.

Oct 13, 2012 11:10 AM

May 2012
kayos90 said:
Sword Art Online 15

And now we return. Quite literally. This first episode into the new arc, Fairy Dance, was fairly boring for the most part, however, it was something that was inevitably needed. After spending 2 years in the game world and waking up in the real world - either that or he really did die and this is heaven, lol jk - Kazuto finds himself at odds. What is real? How do I adjust my life having lived in a completely different world for 2 years? What happens to my filial ties that were simply on stand-by for 2 years? As the audience gets a glimpse of Kazuto's life outside of his gaming world, there's an air of strangeness around Kirito. He's conflicted as the virtual and real world collide and even he can't sometimes tell the world apart. Sadly, the execution of this comes off in the most mundane manner - perhaps as a testament to how boring the real world is in comparison to the virtual.

The highlight of the episode is the introduction of two new characters Sugou and Suguha. In order to prevent confusion I will call Sugou Noumi 2.0 because it just makes sense. Suguha, Kazuto's sister, is headstrong and apparently can own Kazuto in a match of kendo. She's an interesting character because the relationship that she holds with her brother. Despite being somewhat cliche and falling to the obvious tropes existing in anime, she holds her own as not a stereotypical character archetype but an alternate rendition of one.

Noumi 2.0, obviously suggested by his name, is a scumbag that even the devil would spit out from hell itself. If everyone had a dirtbag in this life with indescribable douchebagism then it'd be this guy. Good thing is, he's portrayed very well in this aspect and it's obvious that he becomes Kazuto's main antagonist in the real world. It'll be interesting to see how he develops as a character as Fairy Dance continues.

The action still somewhat sucks resorting to... surprise, suprise.... still-shots. Even so it's still somewhat "cool" to watch. The music is the same as ever with a few new inserts setting the real world from Aincrad. It's a nice touch. Suguha's voice is pretty well done and Noumi 2.0 is... well... you can just imagine.

The new OP and the new ED are really well done imo. The OP animation is pretty slick and despite the focus on only a few characters it manages to keep itself very interesting. Colors every, CG not overdone, and action abound. The ED song is infinitely better than the OP song but for some reason they opt to use still-images, something that even plagues the credits apparently... Still the images themselves are nice considering it focuses on the 2nd primary protagonist in Fairy Dance.

Overall the episode was boring but it sets the precedence for an "interesting" next episode.

He is Noumi grandfather. Therefore, he is Noumi Beta :D

All I have to said is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaxBFnIUTrc
Oct 13, 2012 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Can't wait for Alfhelm Online! Flying, the huge yggdrasil tree, Kirito epic cheating hax in game, and new people like Suguha. I'm definitely interested in how they portray this arc after reading volumes 3 and 4 for this.
Oct 13, 2012 11:22 AM
Mar 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
JESUS! That's insane. She must be a millionaire.

Not all that insane. Like I said, her family is a branch of the really rich family, and she has an older brother, so it's not like she's the main heir to her branch of the family. They're wealthy enough that they can hire a maid to come during the day to cook meals and do the cleaning, but it's not like they've got tons of live in servants and so forth. So upper class, with high expectations, but not independently wealthy.
Oct 13, 2012 11:24 AM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Not really, this isn't even spoiling because honestly...you do know how rich people think right? you think the rich allow normal relationships? I feel bad for Kirito, thats all I'm saying.
Oct 13, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Not really, this isn't even spoiling because honestly...you do know how rich people think right? you think the rich allow normal relationships? I feel bad for Kirito, thats all I'm saying.

Pretty much this.
Apr 2009

It's hard to answer without spoilers. Though you read 7th volume of SAO so I think you already know the answer

Dec 2011
Is Sugou the new Nomi? I hate both of them.

The sister loves Kirito? Not another incest-story bitte.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Oct 13, 2012 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
OK! I have done a amazing Asuna render,

ORIGINAL:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2034/SwordArtOnlineEpisode15Panorama_zps496bad71.jpg
for comparing and as such must say that is the best gorgeous part of the OP. Notice the water making some part of her dress transparent.

It leaves a rather sexy streak without being anything of ecchi of eros in value IMO. It could have easily but it does not.

Instead on that one single depiction of Asuna it leave sexy, gorgeous and breathtaking.

I am not sure what others think of it but the ball's in your court to judge on that depiction. However make no mistake, it could be a good proof of fan service deviation towards the blonde elf. That much I finally caved in to upon seeing how much Asuna is gorgeous instead of a fan service whore as she was made to be in SAO.

I think it's a good outtake.

Oct 13, 2012 11:35 AM

Dec 2010
reve said:

It's hard to answer without spoilers. Though you read 7th volume of SAO so I think you already know the answer

Ya i read it but still....

Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.