Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Another great episode!

Ha, the food drama in the beginning. Wtf @ the classroom scene..Haru had a chicken in his belly. I think Shizuku is starting to have second thoughts about the kiss last time.

Once again, I thought this episode was funny and entertaining to watch. Yet, there is a little emotions in the classroom and outside later on. Anyways, can't wait to see what's going to happen next time especially with that cute ending.

Nice little talk at the end btw.
Stark700Oct 8, 2012 4:20 PM
Oct 8, 2012 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
The girl is conscious about him because of the kiss.

Wow, two new characters + one chicken in one ep. wavy hair girl needing teaching and boy from baseball team and knows the main guy. lol~ she's strict!

Funny moment after the test, and then she realized she likes him, too.

Wow, wavy hair girl is into really evil uranai thing.

lol @ the song @ the preview.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 8, 2012 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
Natsume was a nice addition to the cast. I'm glad that Shizuku decided to become more open and not drag out her recluse behavior for too long.
Oct 8, 2012 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
new girl was okay. not really a whole lot to say. slow progression, but it's not bad. hope for some more characters soon.
Oct 8, 2012 11:26 AM
Sep 2011
How can I put my reaction to this episode into words? I know!
Daaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it's adorable!!!!! Romances like this in anime that don't have the first god knows how many episodes with the main character as a Tsndere are way waaay to far and between.
I liked the slow pace of the episode itself, it didn't feel rushed like last episode and yet I didn't feel it dragging very much either.
This may sound odd but this show reminds me of Bakemonogatari and I'm loving itso far, I am so glad I randomly picked it up and I hope it continues as strong as it is.
5/5 episode? I think so.

Oh, and the chicken, so many innapropriate jokes I can make so little time.
edl01Oct 8, 2012 11:30 AM
Oct 8, 2012 11:34 AM

May 2012
This anime just keeps getting better & better n_____n Loved how Shizuku opened up & that. Natsume was somewhat funny, again I loved the episode!
Oct 8, 2012 11:34 AM

Jan 2012
I like the new girl, nice adition to the series. Great episode in general.

Oct 8, 2012 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
LMAO Haru is great at teaching :) Fun episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 8, 2012 11:37 AM

Dec 2009
mystik said:
new girl was okay. not really a whole lot to say. slow progression, but it's not bad. hope for some more characters soon.

Slow progression? Shizuku told Haru she liked him at the end and talked about coming alive as a person. The show could pretty much end now, lol.
Ara ara.
Oct 8, 2012 11:39 AM
Oct 2010
I'm loving this. This is definitely a nice romantic comedy.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 8, 2012 11:41 AM

Feb 2012
Lol this was pretty funny. Glad the show is still going strong sometimes we see a drop in quality after the first episode but, I didn't see to much here :D
Oct 8, 2012 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
Finally Natsume is added !!!!!!!!!!!

There was a lot of hilarious dialogues , sad moments, and romantic scenes

Loved every second of it

Cheers
Oct 8, 2012 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
pretty good so far. love the main girl. she's so cold-hearted, even though she's becoming a little nicer ¬¬ love the face she makes when she refuses to help. ^^
'What we learned as children, that one plus one equals two, we know to be false. One plus one equals one. We even have a word for when you, plus another, equals one. That word is love.' ~ The Buddha
Oct 8, 2012 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
Another good episode this Anime really is the surprise of this season i really enjoy watching it.
Natsume was so funny and she really is a great addition to this Anime and i think she makes a good from the Shizuku and Haru.
The relationship between Haru and Shizuku is also forming nicely.
And then there was the new guy who seems very friendly i wonder what his influence will be.

That rooster was also pretty funny especially when the teacher tried to remove it from campus and Haru went chasing her.
Oct 8, 2012 12:02 PM
Aug 2011
The real me lives on the Internet!

This is extremely enjoyable.
Gonna pick up the manga again.
Oct 8, 2012 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
Damn, this is good.

Didn't think that the awesome would be able to keep up with the first ep, but I was proven wrong :>
Oct 8, 2012 12:11 PM

May 2011
Felt better than the already great first episode. Not as rushed. Perfect amount of character development, so glad this is shaping up to be a quality adaption.
Oct 8, 2012 12:13 PM
Dec 2011
This anime is good (maybe fav this season)
lot of drama,funny scenes,romance
Oct 8, 2012 12:14 PM

Oct 2011
Being Mitti is suffering - now she seems to attract every weirdo around.
I hope to see more of Natsume.
Also it's quick... but that's good - in any other series this would be last episode ;)
Oct 8, 2012 12:22 PM

Aug 2011
This... Oh my god. This was SO CUTE. Especially the ending when Shizuku fell asleep. I can't believe there was a confession on both sides so early on. This anime is just amazing.
Oct 8, 2012 12:27 PM
Jul 2012
This is a good anime. I wonder how long it will air.
Oct 8, 2012 12:29 PM

Oct 2008

Haru's eccentricity.
Shizuku's grounded logic being thrown off by her feelings.
Natsume's hilarious reactions.
That rooster.
The character expression.

The strength of the character interactions are simple, but great comedic moments really makes this anime excel. The romantic aspect is a little simplistic, but I'm sure that it won't always be fun and games and that there will be some great moments that really test their relationship.
Shizuku is easily my favourite character this season, let alone in this anime. Even her thought processes and reactions are funny.
I also like the development of the theme of friendship and being true to yourself.

First time I've noticed the music is simple, but it fits really well with each of the situations.
ED song is so catchy!

That expression is gold.
OmniknightOct 8, 2012 12:43 PM
Oct 8, 2012 12:34 PM

Jul 2008
More character developement in these two episodes than in the whole two season of kimi ni todoke.

I like.
Oct 8, 2012 12:38 PM

Mar 2010
Did anyone like the first episode more than the second? xD
Oct 8, 2012 12:48 PM

Nov 2009
Ranoom said:
Did anyone like the first episode more than the second? xD

Nope, I like the second more, cause it's interesting to see interactions between many chars rather than just the main couple.

There were funny moments as well which I found enjoyable. Char developments were handling beautifully, but I felt the confession was rather rushed a bit.

Overall good episode. 8/10
Oct 8, 2012 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
I feel more energetic now after watching ^^
Oct 8, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
...but I felt the confession was rather rushed a bit.

Indeed. I didn't expect her confession to emerge only after two episodes.
Anyhow, this anime fares well so far!
Oct 8, 2012 1:01 PM

Nov 2007
stillawake said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
...but I felt the confession was rather rushed a bit.

Indeed. I didn't expect her confession to emerge only after two episodes.
Anyhow, this anime fares well so far!

That is called originality. I am glad that she did.

Loved the episode. Natsume is so cute! And that rooftop moment; I am so loving this anime right now. :)

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 8, 2012 1:04 PM
Aug 2011
These first two episodes has got me hooked.
Also, dat chicken.
Oct 8, 2012 1:11 PM
Sep 2011
An anime of quality. 5/5, again, but that is to be expected from Brains Base. Romantic ,with a little bit of comedy, powerful, yet soft and relaxing, melancholic, but also so sweet.
Oct 8, 2012 1:12 PM

Jul 2012
Lol, every episode I keep asking, now what? So many shows end at this point or earlier that I don't have very many examples to predict where this will go lol xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 8, 2012 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
This was another great, consistently enjoyable episode. I really like the refreshingly lighthearted tone, and the intermittent touches of dramatic moments rarely fail to impress. This episode was a bit slower than the last, but the more relaxed pace worked really well.

All of the characters, particularly Haru, have been thoroughly engaging and interesting so far. Natsume is a great addition to the cast, and I'm looking forward to more of her interactions with the main two. The rooftop scene was the highlight of the episode, as Shizuku finally comes to terms with the emotions she had been consciously wrestling over throughout the episode, and decided that she truly likes Haru as well. Haru and Shizuku's interactions are terrific, as they have excellent chemistry, and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops. The contrast between Haru's quirky, occasionally abrasive personality and the rather serious sort that Shizuku adopts adds a nice element to their relationship. Of course, complications will inevitably arise, but hopefully they're not overly forced or unnecessarily annoying, but, considering how well the characters and story have been handled so far, I'd like to think contrivances will be largely avoided.

The humor has been consistently great, especially the numerous visual gags. Also, all of the comedy involving the chicken has been quite good, and I love how prevalent it was throughout this episode. The direction is very solid, as it balances the comedic and dramatic material with a very confident understanding of pace and general enjoyment. The art continues to be very visually appealing, as the bright colors complement the tone superbly. The music provides a delightfully pleasant atmosphere to many individual moments.

The ED is pretty great, particularly due to it's distinctive visuals.

All in all, Tonari continues to exceed my expectations in nearly every area. It's really a thoroughly excellent romantic comedy, and it's definitely one of the most promising I've seen in a long time, as it's filled with interesting characters and a satisfyingly entertaining story.
Oct 8, 2012 1:17 PM

Oct 2009
How much better than a first episode can a second episode get? This blew the limits for me.
Oct 8, 2012 1:31 PM

Jun 2012
I like the pace this anime has. First episode he confesses to her and also kisses her, second episode she confesses to him. I am sick of the long drawn out relationship that never get anyway and have a rushed development at the end. hope this one keeps as good as the two first episodes.
Oct 8, 2012 1:37 PM

Jun 2011
new girl is so cute xD This show just likes to keep exceeding my expectations

5/5
Oct 8, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode! This anime is really exceeding my expectation. Natsume is really a terrific add: "Mitty, Haru-kun is looking for you. He reminds of when my dad was looking for his socks." LOL WTF!?

An excellent Romantic comedy!
SetsukoHaraOct 9, 2012 1:28 AM
Oct 8, 2012 1:46 PM
Sep 2011
marcosmk said:
I like the pace this anime has. First episode he confesses to her and also kisses her, second episode she confesses to him. I am sick of the long drawn out relationship that never get anyway and have a rushed development at the end. hope this one keeps as good as the two first episodes.
Oct 8, 2012 1:47 PM
Oct 2010
that was a quick confession. so cute :D
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 8, 2012 1:54 PM

Apr 2012
Didn't find it as funny as the first episode. Not even the slightest.
But still enjyoed it and still digging the art. I am wondering where this will go from here.
I mean, both confessed. So, now what?^^
But somehow it gets more common to see first kisses/confessions in the first couple of episodes, doesn't it? New trend?
Oct 8, 2012 1:56 PM
Jun 2012
DoctorDoom said:
mystik said:

Slow progression? Shizuku told Haru she liked him at the end and talked about coming alive as a person. The show could pretty much end now, lol.
Agreed, It's going a lil too fast
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Eucliwood_kun&sclick=1]
Oct 8, 2012 2:00 PM
Jun 2012
nantuko said:
But still enjyoed it and still digging the art. I am wondering where this will go from here.
But somehow it gets more common to see first kisses/confessions in the first couple of episodes, doesn't it? New trend?
Yeah it's the trend of Fall 2012 season. 4 series all had kisses in the first eps out of all im watching -__-
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Eucliwood_kun&sclick=1]
Oct 8, 2012 2:04 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, this feels like the ending. The characters have developed a lot in just two episodes.

I wonder if there is going to be a love triangle? Anyway I like this new girl, I hope that she becomes a regular.
Oct 8, 2012 2:05 PM

May 2012
aestryugihyuyiugehyuetrghedjkgw this series keeps getting better and better; I'm so happy ;A;
And I'm even more grateful that it's not one of the typical shoujo animes (or at least, I think it's not), where it takes them forever to develop a relationship ^^;

Acropyre said:

Cheers

LOL That was one of the best parts ^^
Why does a week have to take so long to pass though?
Oct 8, 2012 2:07 PM
Oct 2011
Eucliwood_kun said:
nantuko said:
Yeah it's the trend of Fall 2012 season. 4 series all had kisses in the first eps out of all im watching -__-
What's the 4th one? I know this, Kamisama, Daisukitte-something, what's the fourth?

A great episode, definitely better than the first episode, the new girl is a great addition to the cast.
Oct 8, 2012 2:10 PM
Sep 2011
Jesus I'm suprised how may people seem to not understand the fact romance stories can last past the start of the relationship. I mean my god do you watch nothing but anime with Tsundere in them? Lots of great love stories don't even start at the start of the relationship. This isn't rushed it all it is called a set-up meaning there is likely going to be more to the series than just them sitting at a table casually talking and denying there love for eachother like so so so so so so many other crapp anime that happened.
Oct 8, 2012 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
Chicken, chicken, chicken, chickeeeennn!

"I would totally do you." XDDD Oh Haru, I love you.

Anyways, this is really great so far. I'm so glad their not doing some sloppy reproduction of the manga, because if they did, then S:LDKFL:SDKL:SDKFKD:FS NO. The ED is really cute. Natsume's really cute. XDD I loved this episode it was so funny. That's just the thing about TnK, it's just so funny.

I just noticed, the acronym for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. TnK. Kimi ni Todoke. KnT. WAO.

Unnecessary.
LaciieOct 8, 2012 2:14 PM
Oct 8, 2012 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Asako is hilarious and sweet, I love her~
I don't know what to say about the nickname "Mitty" though. It's cute, but it feels... wrong?
Oct 8, 2012 2:38 PM

Sep 2008
well, that escalated quickly. XD
i dont remember the last time i enjoyed a lovv-com so much so fast, even faster than kimi ni todoke

i wanna start the manga right now...but i dont wanna spoil yself =(
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
Nastume is sooooo funny omfg. Shes gonna be my favorite character lol
And shes like me in anime form xD
Oct 8, 2012 3:18 PM

Jun 2008
Chicken chicken chicken.
Only Haru would bring a chicken to school x]
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.