Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 12, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
Lmao that ending killed it xD
Apr 16, 2016 4:47 AM

Sep 2010
Ah, we all knew how it was going to end but it was so satisfying to see Aizawa getting reck. That slap on her face felt so satisfying.

By the way, did anyone actually felt bad for her after learning her family circumstances. I for one definitely not. It was rather serves you right!
Jul 14, 2016 10:12 PM

May 2015
miyabi didnt learn her lesson onizuka should of let her stay in there q.q y he gotta be so nice
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
Jul 27, 2016 11:06 PM

Mar 2015
Wish Onizuka didn't ruin Kanzaki's plan. Wanted to see that bitch cry more. Unless Kanzaki expected Onizuku to show up. lol
Aug 20, 2016 5:59 PM

Sep 2013
Excellent conclusion to this story arc. I really enjoyed these last few episodes, but, at the same time, I'm ready to move on to a new story.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 7, 2016 9:26 PM

May 2016
Note - I realize I'm filling in a lot of blanks in the background, I think many things of what I'm saying is being implied or being shown subtly. Who knows, I'm probably reading way too into it.

I love this arc and how it was handled. Melodramatic to emphasize the comedic punchline at the end. It's very classic of Onizuka to fuck up a dramatic exit lololol.

Also, Onizuka believed in the delinquent student who owed money to Hiramatsu Metal's owner because he understood the relationship between the student and the owner who was previously a teacher. He believed because he knew they were close but understood that it may not have came through and so gave one last lesson to his classmates. Thankfully he screwed up his exit and a lot of giggles came from it. I seriously think Fuyutski wrecked the Vice Principle's car even though it was red. I want it to be so just to spite him for his cheerfulness on his resignation. It was probably some other random car lol. I'm very happy that the student and teacher from Hiramatsu Metal came through, it's very heartwarming they repaid the favor. It means their story was completely legit and not a con.

During the hotel scene, I can't help smirking at the fact the gangsters kept on threatening Miyabi's life even though Onizuka is trying to teach her a lesson. Like you're seeing this man trying to teach this girl a lesson and make her apologize for the terrible shit he did, naw let's hurt him and continue getting money. Classic human greed blinding them, haha. Probably thought Onizuka was with her and was trying to save her from paying ransom. So glad they showed that Urumi is still a bit psychotic in using terrorist tactics, she didn't entirely change personality ever since switching sides.

Hmmm I think Miyabi was forced to accept that Onizuka was more than teacher during the hotel scene. It makes sense, Onizuka tells her that he's technically off-duty and doesn't need to help her plus it's not part of the education handbook. Very smart to do that Onizuka, make her see you as more than just the 'typical teacher' and as a great human being who just happens to have a teacher job. Plus, it was so nice that he didn't just obey everything she did otherwise she wouldn't have realized that Onizuka was a human. Glad she returned the money even though it wasn't enough to satisfy his debt.

Also, I said this from the previous episodes about how Miyabi's motivation was basically lashing out against all teachers due to having an anger issue and bottling up her emotions. It's clear that what sparked this wasn't the teacher during class 2-4 which Kanzaki called her out on. It was during her father's 'business trips,' it forced the mom and her to be a "happy family." Everything was bullshit but she didn't want to make her family feel sad or anything. Must be a cultural thing because Durarara's anime first arc deals with a similar issue where a husband is cheating with his wife but they maintain a happy family through lies. They're all lying to each other essentially in order to be a happy family. Japanese families really want a happy family, huh?

Oh, that's why she's pissed at adults because they're lying even though everybody can see that's completely bullshit. However, due to keeping her emotions in order to keep the family 'happy' she found an outlet which is to make herself get Onizuka fired since there's a justification from a past incident and it coincidentally falls align with the class's previous attitude. In summary, her problem is adults lying to each other (the dad lying about affair and mom lying about not noticing) and attributing that to all adults due to her father's affair. Due to that problem, she bottled up her emotions around her family in order to maintain an image of a "happy family" and lashed out against Onizuka as an outlet for all of her frustrations.

Basically the parents are fucking terrible in this instance for creating the environment of Miyabi to bottle in all of these emotions. You could say it's a cultural thing, I say it's parenting. The mom should've sat down with Miyabi and tell her what was going on. Not make her feel alone and force her to contain those feelings. To let them out.

...After much more thought, the Japanese have the culture of thinking about the whole 'team' and not causing trouble for everybody else. The adults are lying to each other in order to have a happy family because they're thinking beyond themselves and for the whole family, they probably don't want to separate which can cause trouble for the development of Miyabi. Problem is that this doesn't solve ANY problems, if anything, it just buries the problem. It's similar to 'parents just staying together for the kids.' Right? It makes sense actually. Whether this is good or not depends on a case-on-case basis, I think they should have been transparent to Miyabi about what's happening. Now let's extrapolate further about Japanese society, if the workforce is heavy as many reports are to be believed, the dad is working so much that he's seeking other pleasures which is the 'business trips' he mentions. The mom might understand this terrible predicament and probably had the thought to seperate but cares too much about their daughter - Miyabi, so she stays with her cheating husband so Miyabi can grow up into an adult. Also, maybe the mom doesn't want to enter the work force which is workload intensive since she was said to be a stay-at-home mom at one point during this arc.

I think I'm right in my theory because I'm so weeb enough to pick up all these clues, it's probably wrong in some aspects though.

Guess I had to be Japanese or lived in that type of environment to understand that sort of situation since this was all quite subtle. Glad they all spelled it out for the audience here, I feel more knowledgeable. This was such a long arc but it was all so worth it. I wonder what's next for Onizuka and the gang.

Now, if only I can dedicate this much effort and thought into my schooling, haha.
FestivalsOfComfNov 7, 2016 9:49 PM
Mar 15, 2017 4:47 AM

Mar 2015
lmao i'm not sure whether Urumi was insane or badass but i love how she responded to Miyabi's line-crossing with some questionable methods of her own!

Plus that ending of GTO being on a cruise ship was so delightfully anti-climactic

This episode has officially sealed this anime as one of the very best for me
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2017 4:26 AM

Feb 2016
Such a shame. I thought GTO was going down the Tarantino route.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Oct 4, 2017 5:35 AM

Dec 2013
Kanzaki was even more extreme than I was expecting.

So Onizuka got on the wrong boat? LOL
Feb 25, 2018 4:48 PM

Jul 2016
Phenomenal Episode! But I honestly hate Miyabi. Every student that hated Onizuka had a reason of some sort but she acts like a fucking bitch still, even after he saves her.
Kanzaki is also fucking amazing! Honestly I never want to get her mad! lol

10/10
Apr 10, 2018 8:41 AM

Oct 2012
What a scary episode
I want to say "They got what they deserved" but that's actually was too much
I mean I understand what Kanzaki is doing, but still.. that was way too much

That fighting scene, how to save your budget 101. Pan to a confused cute girl face :P

Oh Kikuchi
Well at least it's only 2 hours, better than a year
What an anticlimatic end, but it's perfect xD
"Signature removed"
May 25, 2018 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
Miyabi getting her face smacked so bad that she should finally consider washing that skunk on her head, favorite part. makes me wanna go tuna fishing too lol
Nov 9, 2018 10:44 PM
Mar 2018
Awesome arc. :D Plot development at its finest. It's like we all knew deep down he couldn't actually leave. I wish I was on that cruise with him! I've grown fond of most of the characters, although I wouldn't mind if I saw a anime death tonight (if that's not too wrong)
Feb 13, 2019 2:04 PM
Apr 2016
Holy heck best episode so far, for sure... Onizuka made her apologize, damnnnnn...he also easily wrecked all of those guys, he's so physically powerful... Surprising that the car actually came back, wasn't it all a setup by Miyabi?
Apr 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Feb 2017
I wouldn't have mind if Onizuka didn't come to save them.
Jun 9, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
lol he went on a two hour trip...lol
Aug 8, 2019 2:20 AM

Jul 2016
Onizuka is such a troll
Aug 14, 2019 10:02 AM

Aug 2017
Damn, Kanzaki has connections in the crime world. Maybe she even heard of Onizuka's gang before he came to the school.

Also, seriously? 2-hour cruise?
True that, whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
TakashigawaAug 14, 2019 10:10 AM
Anime is love. Anime is life
Mar 7, 2020 11:10 AM

Jan 2017
miyabi makes me angry and yes i would have loved to see her suffer and get the punishment she deserves. but it's totally clear that it won't happen because it's just not onizuka's style. he already had the chance to get revenge on her by telling the principal that she stole the money but he didn't because he is still their teacher. it doesn't make sense to fight bad with bad since that would mean an eternal circle of revenge and evil. by staying positive and helpful despite her hatefulness he sets the real example. in the end it's much harder to be mad at someone who doesn't want to hurt you than someone who does. i think that is very inspirational
Apr 20, 2020 6:29 AM

Oct 2013
Wait, so that guy who wanted to kill himself was actually saying the truth? The story about him as a teacher and his student's debts was actually not a made-up one?

Kanzaki's sense of destruction and her overall potential in it is really remarkable.

Miyabi should stay at her room and don't go out for several days. She did enough bad deeds to feel ashamed as hell and at least don't pollute the air around others, especially Onizuka.

That ending, hahaha.
Apr 22, 2020 2:03 PM

Aug 2018
This was a very powerful episode, the ending was pretty funny its almost like he wanted to troll all the students he became good friends with.

But ye the episode was amazing to say the least
May 19, 2020 12:17 AM

Mar 2019
Kanzaki is crazy, I had nothing against this plan tbh
So the Benz really came back, thats unexpected
Jun 11, 2020 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
Fucking Onizuka got on the wrong boat! Hahaha classic
Sep 20, 2020 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
Best girl Urumi strikes again, Miyabi deserved that smack.
Jan 20, 2021 8:39 PM
Jan 2021
The ending was hilarious, typical Onizuka.
Feb 11, 2021 4:39 AM

Jul 2020
it was great to see Miyabi scared
such a hilarious ending lol
Mar 8, 2021 9:39 AM

Aug 2018
Well, at least everything worked out in the end..

May 13, 2021 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
Aren't you guys glad Kanzaki is an ally than a foe?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 28, 2021 1:35 AM

Oct 2013
Hahaha I'm so dead. Tokyo cruise hahaha. Absolutely solid arc
Nov 13, 2021 11:58 PM

Mar 2021
yay!! Debt paid! At least that guy kept his promised :D, wtf is Onizuka's head made of? that bat could have cracked his skull lolol

🐐

Dec 18, 2021 3:35 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was so damn dumb, it might be the worst of GTO so far. Nothing made sense. Who were those people Kanzaki apparently knows from somewhere? Onizuka randomly works near the place they get abducted and his colleague looked accidently in their hotel room? Who comes up with random shit like this?
Jan 25, 2022 8:05 AM

Jan 2018
The arc ended but Miyabitch didn't change. She called for Onizuka sensei only cause she was in trouble. Redeeming her will be the biggest ordeal. Even if she has the greatest redemption some people will still hate her though.

Come to think of it, Onizuka never should've taken the Benz to the school. He could've just sold it as soon as he got it. But the excitement got to his head. He's unfortunate as often as he's fortunate. But thankfully his luck is greater than his unluck.

Only 10 episodes left. Sad we didn't get episodes taking place in Okinawa. Didn't think we'd get more Toroko this late into the series.
Mar 13, 2022 1:31 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Amazing episode, I wonder if Miyabi is upon a change now, Because if this did not change her I don't know what will. We finally get to see her out-of-school life, yeah, it's hard to have a family like that, but man, did she go the long mile with her coping. Not justified.

Onizuka seemed very determined to honor his promise, even with an easy pass and everyone around him trying to convince him otherwise did not make the slightest dent in his resolve. I respect it.

The ending was anticlimactic but thank God it was, I didn't want to deal with him or the student being absent for an entire arc.
Apr 13, 2022 7:06 AM
May 2020
all well that ends well fr
Apr 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Mar 2022
This story arc was just stupid (in a bad way).
Turned this series from a potential 10 to a 9.
Glad that it's over.
Apr 24, 2022 3:20 PM
Nov 2021
tbh idk wtf happened in this episode he left but the next episode started somewhere random and it got me confused what happened to him after the cruise... it sort of ruined the anime for me but i hope to rewatch it.
what happened to the money?
why don't they show him coming back?
May 14, 2022 7:50 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Onizuka going hard to work until the last minute to pay for all that Miyabi has done. Even with Kanzaki's arranged kidnapping, she's still the most evil character the show has considering her motivations don't come even close to her actions. I don't feel much remorse for her at this point but that may change in the future once her past is disclosed further.

In any case, great episode, Onizuka is amazing.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 11, 2022 7:14 PM

Mar 2021
My man really got on the wrong boat XD

This episode proves that nothing is off-limits. Kanzaki would've arranged for a murder to take place if she felt it was necessary.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Sep 21, 2022 9:09 AM
Jan 2021
bitch got slapped
Oct 21, 2022 6:00 PM

Jan 2010
Goddamn this anime is simultaneously stupid and amazing. Of all the absurd luck I've seen in anime, this could be construed as probability and fate manipulation on par with reality warping. It's impressive in its own way, but for what it's worth, it took me a few moments before I realized that the person speaking to Principal Sakurai was that student who borrowed money. I actually could not believe what I was seeing.
Oct 27, 2022 2:35 PM
Dec 2019
Exceptionally well written
Nov 2, 2022 9:30 AM
Feb 2022
W Urumi, actually thought he would leave for a year on the boat wow
Dec 7, 2022 7:52 PM
May 2020
He will be back in two hours.
Everything worked out.
No worries.
Jan 26, 2023 6:28 AM
Feb 2019
best epíode ever
Aug 19, 2023 8:44 AM
Jun 2020
the best shit i have ever seen
Jan 22, 6:53 AM

Jun 2021
IT IS ON... YEAAAAAH. Get ready for the hotel room, miyabitch and you other two too useless and idiot to even look up for your names, 'cause you're gonna be in a world... of pain.

Everyone's gangsta until Urumi starts speaking that language.

Oops... lights out. "wHaT iS gOiNg On???" Oh, no, now are you gonna cWy? :( "i told you not to play with fire. Go to hell, miyabitch."

That slap, damn, it made me sooooooooo happy.

"You look down on your teachers and show it in your attitude. But when you're in trouble, you want a teacher to help you?" amazing callback to episode 1, and smoking right on her face on top of it. DAMN.

LOL, the sad puppy face of Urumi at the phone when she noticed what was going on. Yeah, i'm sort of disappointed too, darling.

Yeah, cheating father, "aDuLtS sUcK" and everything else... no sympathy for you.

That anticlimatic ending is at the same time dumb and amusing.

Every time this episode is a bigger and bigger joy to go through, it just puts a smile on my face. Don't remember too well the next one, but whatever... the school trip arc is going to be epic.
_untitledJan 22, 7:00 AM
Apr 25, 1:20 PM
Jan 2017
I lost all my brain cells while watching this arc. What was the writer smoking while writing this arc ??
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

59 by OsageSan »»
May 16, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 29, 2008

89 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 16, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

89 by fukumenkei »»
May 15, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

177 by fukumenkei »»
May 15, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 25, 2008

57 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 10, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.